SaintMotbot's Platinum League Chairman Game.

Would really hate to see this stop, as I enjoy the format a lot. What options are there in the real-time editor to make financial adjustments to the teams? If someone has it, maybe it is possible to adjust debts and income from sponsors in it?

Don't really know any fair way to adjust for this if it isn't possible to calculate what extra expenses there are beyond wages and transfer fees.

Would wiping out club debts work or not?!

E.g. - if Milan had a £300m loan, would wiping that off change anything.

If so, you could do that for all clubs

It would make minimal difference, United are paying back 3.7 mil a month on loans and interest, meaning they are still losing 18 mil a month.

The problem seems to come from income.

Would really hate to see this stop, as I enjoy the format a lot. What options are there in the real-time editor to make financial adjustments to the teams? If someone has it, maybe it is possible to adjust debts and income from sponsors in it?

Don't really know any fair way to adjust for this if it isn't possible to calculate what extra expenses there are beyond wages and transfer fees.

Just paid for FMRTE and am downloading it now to have a look. I would also hate for it to end, but I am really stuck with this one! been sat doing maths all evening (very painful)

I had the idea of giving teams a certain amount a month, minus whatever they are spenidng on wages, but the wage gap in the league is so huge!

So on FMRTE I can edit everything from ticket pricing to loans to sponsorship, its all there. Its just a question of what to do.

Maybe try whacking ticket prices up sky high for a month or two and increasing the sponsorship. I'd be gutted to see it end as well, enjoyed it so far

If you started a regular save in the first season, added the players to each team with the same wages, and simulated to see how much profit or loss they made per month, you could see what the difference was maybe? And adjust accordingly. That would be a lot of work though

I wouldn't worry a lot about Man Utd though. I believe they get an injection of about £200M in sponsorships in April every year. At least they did so in last year's chairman game (to my eternal frustration, as I was Arsenal). But for the other teams, boosting up sponsorship deals could be a way to save their finances. Perhaps remove all debt of all teams, and adjust sponsorship deals to a somewhat similar level?

Ok, having thought about it, the answer I feel is give teams more money, so the smaller clubs can catch up, rather than making the bigger teams cut down. Therefore each team will receive £200 million in prize money/tv rights money every year. This payment will be delivered in two instalments, one totalling £100 million on the 1st of January, and the other also totalling £100 million at the end of the season.

If you find your team still in the red after all of this money is handed out to you then this i will deem this to be your fault and FULL SANCTIONS will apply to your team for being in debt and failing financial fair play.

I am aware that this is not a perfect fix but it will keep the game running for a while.

I urge all chairmen to PLEASE keep an eye on your finances. On your finances screen just keep a check on your projection and stuff like that, as your prize money will not show up in here, you need to make sure you will not be more than £100 million in debt at the end of the season. If you think you will fall foul of these rules, your wage bill IS to high and you WILL need to sell players to bring it down/raise some cash.

The huge piles of extra cash that the smaller clubs will no doubt receive should help them improve their squads and hopefully will see an ever tighter league with even more upsets!

Last edited:
With injections like these to all clubs, perhaps it could be an idea to restrict foreign transfers allowed. As teams that have more sponsorship income could, in theory, buy the 50 best talents out there, without really struggling with finances.

With injections like these to all clubs, perhaps it could be an idea to restrict foreign transfers allowed. As teams that have more sponsorship income could, in theory, buy the 50 best talents out there, without really struggling with finances.

Yeah thats a decent shout, will implement for the January window.

Sorry for no reply but having read your conversation, I am simming a Man Utd save to compare the financials and see where we are losing money or this is normal!

A great month for United BTW! The league is very tight, relegation last month will be contesting for Top the next! THIS IS BRILLIANT!

Chelsea Update
View attachment 168474

Kanye West has been reportedly very happy with the beginning of the season so far, especially the recent string of good results, which keeps Chelsea in a very good place going into December fixtures.

His particular highlight was the most recent win against the struggling Barcelona side, for whom "under performing" is an understatement.

Kanye does have some slight concerns about the club's finances. He is quite new to this "shebang" as he described it, and might need to review the squad in the winter transfer window to ensure the club remains healthy.

November Top Scorers
Eden Hazard (2)
Diego Costa (2)
Kenedy (2)

Last edited:
Frank Lampard Chairman Update

Frank has said that he is somewhat unhappy as after a good start they have somewhat lost their form to fall down and aren't even the best team in Spain.

Barcelona 0-1 Real Madrid

Bernardo Silva is one 8 players who make debuts and grabs the only goal while fellow debutant Sakho wins M.O.M. for helping keep out Barca side that had 64% possesion

Real Madrid 3-0 Fernabache

3 goals in the first twenty minutes killed the tie off before it could begin and we should be able to rotate for the second leg. James grabbed a brace while Calhonoglu grabbed a debut goal.

Real Madrid 3-1 Man. City

An early red for Toure allowed us to reestablish control of the tie and Bernardo Silva continued his fine form scoring the equaliser and a late goal to ensure the win. Hernandez grabbed the first goal of his second spell at the club.

Fernabache 2-3 Real Madrid

Calhanoglu scored another brace against Fernabache either side of a Sakho goal a we comfortably progress in the cup.

Cristiano Ronaldo will take this update

Real Madrid 2-2 Arsenal

Boom. Despite the poor game from may of my team mate I Ronaldo earned us a point with two fantastic goals and my wonderful body. Arsenal could do nothing to stop me.

Back to Frank

Real Madrid 3-0 PSG

Again we get three early goals Hernandez scoring after 1 and 2 minutes before Bernardo Silva scored after 19 minutes to ensure the win.

Inter 2-2 Real Madrid

A game we would have wanted to win but, given the first 12 minutes I will take a point. Hernandez and Silva again both on target to get us a point in a good fightback.

Levante 1-2 Real Madrid

Modric and Ronaldo score a quickfire double give us a slim first leg win despite not being a great result I'm sure that we will win the second leg.

Bayern 1-1 Real Madrid

Hernandez is again on target as he looks to be a great draft pick he put us ahead vs Bayern but, Coman grabbed a goal to mean we leave with a point.

Real Madrid 3-0 Levante

A decent second leg win with Modric and Rodriguez scoring before Andre Silva grabbed his first goal for the club with hopefully many to follow.

Real Madrid 1-3 Juventus

A poor loss for us with ex-player Benzema grabbing the third. A Ronaldo penalty just meant that we lost be a smaller margin.

Liverpool 1-0 Real Madrid

Really? The loss to Liverpool isn't bad but, the fact that Benteke grabbed the goal is the issue I mean really Benteke.

Atletico 0-2 Real Madrid

A morale boosting win against Atletico as Bernardo Silva scores a goal again after a small drought and Sakho grabbed a second goal to give us a win.

Hoffenheim 0-4 Real Madrid

Ronaldo and Rodriguez grabbed goals while rotation players Dele Alli and Denis Cheryshev

Real Madrid 1-2 Manchester United

A late penalty from Sturridge gives us a loss when we had ten men after Pepe got sent off. James scored a goal to level the game but, we got a red card and then conceded a penalty to help Man Utd get a win.

Real Madrid 3-1 AC Milan

After going down to an Ibrahimovic penalty we fired back with three goals from Ronaldo, Modric and Hernandez sees us end the month on a win.

Overview. Not a bad spell as it is close but, we must keep fighting to improve. I forgot Rafa Benitez is our manager so his job is a bit under threat​

ARSENAL
November Update

Platinum League

Arsenal
Leverkusen
Jackson Martinez9
Isco56
Man of the Match - Nicolás Gaitán

Robbed!!! Absolutely robbed!!! Leverkusen do the ultimate mugging on us. 61% possession, 18 shots and we get beat 2-0. Referee's man of the match given to Leverkusen's goalkeeper Bernd Leno.

The Cup - 3rd Round 1st Leg
Deportivo
Arsenal
Alexis Sánchez59

The third round of The Cup saw us paired against Silver League Group D side Deportivo. Alexis Sánchez scoring his 7th of the season to give us an away victory in the first leg.

Platinum League
FC Bayern
Arsenal
Marcelo Brozovic75Mesut Ózil38
Francis Coquelin
Olivier Giroud88
Man of the Match - Mesut Ózil

Mesut Ózil had another outstanding performance for us and capped it by opening the scoring with his third goal for the club. Then Francis Coquelin picked up his second yellow card and was sent off allowing Bayern to equalise. Thankfully Giroud popped up with the winning goal with only 2 minutes to go.

The Cup - 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Arsenal
Deportivo
Alexis Sánchez34Oriol Riera58
Olivier Giroud46
Felipe Anderson74

Back to cup duty as we welcomed Deportivo to the Emirates and goals from Sánchez and Giroud gave us a 2 goal advantage. Deportivo struck back then Felips Anderson hit his 5th of the season to restore the 2 goal lead and we ran out 4-1 winners on aggregate.

Platinum League
Juventus
Arsenal
Paul Pogba10Nicolás Gaitán70
Mario Gótze18
Karim Benzema33
Man of the Match - Alexis Sánchez

In the league we travelled to league leaders Juventus where we were made to pay for poor finishing as Juventus hit three in the first half hour. Nicolás Gaitán hit a late consolation goal but with only 5 shots on target out of 13 we really should have got something out of this game.

November player of the month
Olivier Giroud

November top goalscorer
Olivier Giroud (2)
Alexis Sánchez (2)

Starting the sim for December now :) will open the transfer window after that.

December Results

Platinum League

Table

View attachment 168436The main movers are Leverkusen who storm up the table into 6th place! Bayern are in real trouble at the foot of the table while Juventus pull out a bit of a gap at the top with Chelsea and PSG in hot pursuit.

Gameweek 12

View attachment 168441
Barcelona pick up some vital points to lift them out of the relegation zone, and the top three (Juventus, Chelsea and PSG) all pick up wins to increase the gap at the top of the table. Liverpool pick up a fantastic win against Arsenal and Atletico ensure Bayerns abysmal run continues. Can Pep have long left before the axe comes down?

Gameweek 13

View attachment 168440
A huge win for Leverkusen as they mount a superb comeback to smash Barcelona. Once again Juventus, Chelsea and PSG all win and Milan pull out an impressive win against Inter. Real Madrid continue their steady progress by picking off Valencia and Arsenal return to winning ways against Dortmund.

Gameweek 14

View attachment 168439
Leverkusen do it again! who would have thought it! beating Real Madrid this time. A shake up at the top as Chelsea lose to Inter and PSG are held by Valencia. Bayern again lose out! this time to Milan, while Sturridge finally gets some goals for United against his former club. Juventus continue their dominant form and Arsenal beat Barca.

Gameweek 15

View attachment 168438
Some huge results! Juventus finally lose, with Milan earning three more precious points. Barcelona pick up another win at City's expense and Chelsea smash PSG in the battle for 2nd place. Dortmund gain precious points against Real Madrid and Leverkusen continue their superb win by thumping Inter.

The Cup

Round four

View attachment 168437
Manchester City did indeed make it through the third round and are now well ahead of Sevilla. The two picks of the round are PSG vs Chelsea and Arsenal vs Juventus, both of which could go either way! Bayern appear to be finding some sort of form in the cup as they lead Malaga.

Game Save - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YPiy4emMIHOUwxOFhEemh1M0E/view?usp=sharing