Nice to get some goals for my country, against the footballing giant that is Lithuania as well

Back to domestic football where we unfortunately received the confirmation that Patrik Gregor has been suspended for a further two matches following his dismissal in the victory over Anji.

View attachment 231235

An even match, which could have gone either way. Unfortunately we lost both Ui Muiredeacha and Roberts to injury late in the 2nd half, which meant we had to play the last 10 minutes with 10 men. Both will be big losses to the team.

View attachment 231234
View attachment 231232
View attachment 231231
View attachment 231230

Nearly got the win in a pretty dull game away to Mlada Boleslav, not much to talk about except for an exquisite freekick from Pavlovic, which he curled into the top left hand corner.

View attachment 231229
View attachment 231228

I guess a 7.1 rating is okay, taking the opposition into consideration :) Sucks that we conceded and drew the game though :/

Not getting as much game time as I would've hoped, hope I can step up my game in the coming weeks to impress the boss ;)

Joe Morgan's plea for more game time pays off, as he scores the winner! We were dominated for much of the game but some resolute defending and clinical finishing got us the 3 points.

View attachment 231148
View attachment 231147

I think O'Connell morphed into the Monk from Mean Machine in this match. He looked unstoppable, as he thwarted 4 clear cut chances, including a couple of one on ones. Aaron Weight's first goal then secured us the win.

View attachment 231146
View attachment 231145

This was definitely our worst game to date! We looked horrific! Defending was shambolic and we were just as bad going forward. Not a good day at all. I think Bergaoui's red card summed up our day to be honest. Hair dryer treatment all round after this match i'am afraid.

View attachment 231143
View attachment 231142
View attachment 231141

So I am absolutely useless, scored one free kick and got one assist in loss 4-1 and 1 assist for San Marino, as it looks like i will need to do much more improvements on the pitch to become key member of the team ;)

Anyone care to predict the score?

I am not very optimistic about the outcome of the match! Hopefully the guys can put up a good fight and do the Nation proud!

View attachment 230929

European Qualifiers
View attachment 230786

Unfortunately both Roberts and Ui Muiredeacha couldn't join up with the squad due to injury.

The first match was against England, and a chance to play in front of 86,000 people at Wembley! This was undoubtably the biggest match we as a team had ever been involved in.

Understandably we came into the game as massive underdogs and within 15 minutes you could see why. We were already 3-0 down! I think the occasion got to us, as we really did start badly. Fortunately we switched on and started to play in the second half, and didn't look to out of our depth. A dream moment for Joe Morgan soon followed, as he buried a header from 6 yards out! Something not many 15 year olds can say.

View attachment 230785
View attachment 230784

A tempered, free flowing match against Slovenia soon followed, but we failed to make our chances count and had to settle for a draw. I thought we were going to win after we came back from 0-2 down to make it 3-2, but an unfortunate own goal from Pedersen meant we had to settle for the draw. Aaron Weight looked very impressive throughout the match.

View attachment 230783
View attachment 230782

View attachment 230781

A win against Slovenia would have put us in a good position, but a 3rd place finish is still very much a
possibility but we will need all 3 points of Estonia.

I also think i need to tweak my tactics - have been playing attacking football, but we are currently struggling against the opposition both internationally and domestically. I think i will look for a slightly more conservative approach until we develop into more capable footballers.

My goals seem to have dried up, have I peaked to soon at 16 only time will tell

SO i currently have 3 assists in 3 games for San Marino, have to transfer that form into San Basino

Ew, an owngoal? That's disgusting! It was a close call in the England-game though :)

Love that, getting my first international goal against England

Looks good man. Nice to be Vice captain!