• Yes he should go.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Yes he should but not at captain.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No he should be left out.

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand why Capello even gave it back to Terry, it wasn't necessary, he was never going to do a better job than Lampard or Gerrard, it's just an armband, it was all just totally unnecessary. We've had like 10 different captains in 3 years.. Now we have to go through it all over again.... Yawn.

TelegraphSport Telegraph Sport
John Terry stripped of England captaincy following meeting with FA board this morning

Not sure how this will affect us, or who will replace him. I'd like to see Parker given the armband but I'd guess the unreliable Gerrard will get the nod.

I love Parker. His work rate is amazing and past couple of England games been the stand out for me, but I don't think he'd be suited for captain. Hart, like Sunilvk7 said, would be a good choice.

I can't see the point of just taking away his captaincy. You can't have an inbetween.

If he's too damaging to moral, don't take him. It doesn't matter if he's guilty or not, the fact that this is hanging over him is a factor.

If the fact that he's under investigation is a big enough factor that he should lose the captaincy, then he shouldn't be in the squad.

(Personally I'd rather we just take all the youngsters and blood them, to start building for the future. Realistically, we will not win. I don't give a **** if we come in the top 4, I don't know how any England fan can expect us to compete for anything if we don't start actively greating a new squad; how can we look to the future if we can't see beyond the end of noses? Maybe I'm biased by being a Chelsea fan this season but goddamnit, if you have the option to come 4th this year and the next or come 5th this year and compete the next, why choose the former?)

Well, FA forcing Capello's hand is the worst scenario.

I can't see the point of just taking away his captaincy. You can't have an inbetween.

If he's too damaging to moral, don't take him. It doesn't matter if he's guilty or not, the fact that this is hanging over him is a factor.

If the fact that he's under investigation is a big enough factor that he should lose the captaincy, then he shouldn't be in the squad.

(Personally I'd rather we just take all the youngsters and blood them, to start building for the future. Realistically, we will not win. I don't give a **** if we come in the top 4, I don't know how any England fan can expect us to compete for anything if we don't start actively greating a new squad; how can we look to the future if we can't see beyond the end of noses? Maybe I'm biased by being a Chelsea fan this season but goddamnit, if you have the option to come 4th this year and the next or come 5th this year and compete the next, why choose the former?)

As nice as it would be to take a hat full of youngsters and build for the future, it just won't happen.

It's Capello's last job in management and he'll want to give it his best shot at winning something; and the FA wouldn't want to risk further embarrassment by taking an inexperienced squad and being humiliatingly knocked out in the group stage. The blame will pass onto players and management again should we falter with our strongest squad.

Also, not many of the youngsters are ready for the step up, and I presume many will be taken to the Olympics rather than the Euro's. Players like Cleverley, Sturridge, Welbeck, Henderson and Rodwell, the future of England, struggled somewhat in the U21 tournamant last year. Some may have a chance if they maintain their form, particularly Smalling, Jones and Sturridge.

As nice as it would be to take a hat full of youngsters and build for the future, it just won't happen.

It's Capello's last job in management and he'll want to give it his best shot at winning something; and the FA wouldn't want to risk further embarrassment by taking an inexperienced squad and being humiliatingly knocked out in the group stage. The blame will pass onto players and management again should we falter with our strongest squad.

Also, not many of the youngsters are ready for the step up, and I presume many will be taken to the Olympics rather than the Euro's. Players like Cleverley, Sturridge, Welbeck, Henderson and Rodwell, the future of England, struggled somewhat in the U21 tournamant last year. Some may have a chance if they maintain their form, particularly Smalling, Jones and Sturridge.

Thanks to Stuart Pearce for that for sticking with mugs in CM and playing Cleverley as RW which ****** up whole system. Tbh many U21 players who played in last year finals had very good season. Likes of Cleverley, Welbeck, Sturridge, Smalling, Jones, to an extent Henderson and Rodwell had/having good season but apart from Smalling jones rest were far from impressive in U21 cup.

It would be lot better for England to take young players who are capable of playing nice passing game than few players who can't perform to the level needed to win the cup or contribute level above these young players.

Saying all this, you pretty much proved why all these wont happen with your first sentence in 2nd paragraph. Its Capello's last cup with England and he wont be giving 2 hoots about England for 2012 WC.

To be fair as well, a lot of those players were probably unimpressive in the U21s because our entire tactic seemed to consist of "lump it forward."

Like we wont be anyways :p Our best player is suspended for the first 2 group games and our best midfielder still has not touched a ball this season

rioferdy5
I don't want to be england captain after the last episode,just want to concentrate on playin for utd&if I make the squad then as ever I'll be delighted

Good move by him.

He will have a tough time making it into the team, let along Captain :p

He himself said that. ;)

And tbh I know where fully fit Rio stands among other CBs in the league. You can get many last ditch tacklers in the game but not classy CB who relies on reading the game like Rios, Nestas, Cannavaros.

He himself said that. ;)

And tbh I know where fully fit Rio stands among other CBs in the league. You can get many last ditch tacklers in the game but not classy CB who relies on reading the game like Rios, Nestas, Cannavaros.

Something which we have not had the pleasure of seeing for a long time no?

Tbh I would go with a CB pairing of Jones-Smalling with Baines at LB and Richards at RB

If Richards is not first-team, I will go ape **** over Capello

Something which we have not had the pleasure of seeing for a long time no?

Tbh I would go with a CB pairing of Jones-Smalling with Baines at LB and Richards at RB

If Richards is not first-team, I will go ape **** over Capello

Rio when played has done very well but he was not fully it from past 2 seasons. Still he did very well.

And Jones as CB is a liability at least now. His positional sense is non existent. Smalling is very good CB with all the attributes of top CB, but Jones is average as CB tbh. Either Cahill or Terry(If selected) should partner Smalling.

Rumors floating around that Terry will retire from Internationals. Wont be surprised tbh.

I would of kept the armband on Terry, I think all this press bullshit just hinders Englands chances every National tournament. The only person i think could do a good job with it is Scot Parker the guys a born leader.

Seriously , i think the importance of "experience" factor in national teams tends to get blown out of proportion by the media.

a) if you are good enough to be even considered for the squad and good enough to play in most competetive league in the world, chances are , you're quite experienced as it is

b) one could argue that experience from accomplished internationals would be beneficial, but since that's not possible unless Bobby Charlton decides to come back from retirement, i wouldn't worry.