• Yes he should go.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Yes he should but not at captain.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No he should be left out.

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right, now for a big **** off rant. What the F.A have done here is so dispicable it beggers belief. Surely them doing this in this way effects the teams morale alot more than not taking it off him. Basicly they have already nailed their colours to the mask and believe JT is a racist, they are treating him as guilty already. 2 years ago Capello stripped Terry of the armband just 6 months before a major tournement which in my eyes was wrong anyway. England failed miserably and although it wasen't the only case i believe him being stripped caused massive problems and split the camp between JT's close mates (Lamps and Cole etc) and the rest who succeeded him (Gerrard, Rio and all their cronies). Not only has this caused the same rift this time round England manager Fabio Capello has said from day one "he is my captain until the court case is finished". So they have made this decision not only under miming Capello but judging Terry at the same time. Now looking at this as a Chelsea fan for the first time i sincerly hope Terry retires from International football which will extend his Chelsea career and then clear his name. Absolute joke, 2 years ago i said every other side at the World Cup would be laughing at us stripping out captain this close to a tournement and its the same yet again. CAPTAIN-LEADER-LEGEND!!!!!

Lets just not have a captain. Problem Solved.

Last edited:
Right, now for a big **** off rant. What the F.A have done here is so dispicable it beggers belief. Surely them doing this in this way effects the teams morale alot more than not taking it off him. Basicly they have already nailed their colours to the mask and believe JT is a racist, they are treating him as guilty already. 2 years ago Capello stripped Terry of the armband just 6 months before a major tournement which in my eyes was wrong anyway. England failed miserably and although it wasen't the only case i believe him being stripped caused massive problems and split the camp between JT's close mates (Lamps and Cole etc) and the rest who succeeded him (Gerrard, Rio and all their cronies). Not only has this caused the same rift this time round England manager Fabio Capello has said from day one "he is my captain until the court case is finished". So they have made this decision not only under miming Capello but judging Terry at the same time. Now looking at this as a Chelsea fan for the first time i sincerly hope Terry retires from International football which will extend his Chelsea career and then clear his name. Absolute joke, 2 years ago i said every other side at the World Cup would be laughing at us stripping out captain this close to a tournement and its the same yet again. CAPTAIN-LEADER-LEGEND!!!!!

Sorry, only thing right here is that FA shouldnt have stripped him now.

He created the tensions last world cup with his own actions, so no sympathy there. The captaincy itself is also entirely irrelevant. Most countries wont care, because they dont treat the armband like some holy grail. I doubt Terry being stripped will hurt the squad, only thing that could have hurt the squad is who they felt about the allegations.

No other side cared that we stripped terry last world cup either

Sorry, only thing right here is that FA shouldnt have stripped him now.

He created the tensions last world cup with his own actions, so no sympathy there. The captaincy itself is also entirely irrelevant. Most countries wont care, because they dont treat the armband like some holy grail. I doubt Terry being stripped will hurt the squad, only thing that could have hurt the squad is who they felt about the allegations.

No other side cared that we stripped terry last world cup either

Who did he hurt in the England dressing room by sleeping with Bridge's ex girlfriend??? If players had a problem with it then that says more about them then it does Terry. You say the captaincy is irrelevant you ask Terry if he feels that way and the other players in the past who have had the priviledge to captain their national side. Most will say it was the highlight of their career, also we all know he thrives on being captain it almost makes him play better in some sense.

Rio spends half the match trying to scramble back to his own goalline. He plays so deep nowadays that he actually affects the whole team. He's made half the amount of tackles Jones has per game, too. He's just been really poor this season, especially in comparison to Jones, who has excelled. I can't see your 'leaves too much space argument': I haven't seen it happen with my own eyes, and all the stats I've seen support Jones.

To argue Evans is better than Jones is... bizarre. Moreover, to criticise Jones for being unreliable and then not even mention Evans' legendary inconsistency is pretty unfair.

We are talking about Jones as a CB. He was average whereas Evans has been very good this season. And your Tackles per game argument doesnt hold good, check out how many tackles per game Nesta and Maldini averaged. Rio was never a tackler, he is a great reader of the game.

Basicly they have already nailed their colours to the mask and believe JT is a racist, they are treating him as guilty already.

It happens in every other workplace as far as im aware. If someone is accused of something, they are suspended until the investigation is completed. Now the FA can't actually suspend him since it's a police matter, so taking away his captaincy is the only thing they could do. They aren't saying his racist whatsoever.
I could be wrong though.

Who did he hurt in the England dressing room by sleeping with Bridge's ex girlfriend??? If players had a problem with it then that says more about them then it does Terry. You say the captaincy is irrelevant you ask Terry if he feels that way and the other players in the past who have had the priviledge to captain their national side. Most will say it was the highlight of their career, also we all know he thrives on being captain it almost makes him play better in some sense.

What would it have said about them? That they're better men than we thought they were? If a friend of mine, who was in a relationship, slept with the ex girlfriend of another friend of mine, I doubt the former would be flavour of the month with me.

Captaincy is irrelevant. I don't care how Terry et al feel about it, it's a ceremonial post that we, as a nation, have some ridiculous focus on. It may matter to them, but it shouldn't, and it shouldn't matter to us either.

Last edited:
Smalling and Rio are not close. Smalling is Uniteds best defender. Rio is not reliable. Jones is also far moe consistent than Evans

How is jones consistent when we are talking about CBs. He was average at that position and Evans has been very good, as good as he was in 2008-09. Jones at CB was a disaster. We are not talking about other position, we are talking about CB. Remeber Newcastle game?

The city players for one, also Rooney talked about a lack of trust splitting the camp. So dont put in on the other players, when he did the dirty on one of his own.

Its an honour, but its also irrelevant, If Terry cant perform at the level without it, id rather leave him at home. If he retires, the side will go on without him

How is jones consistent when we are talking about CBs. He was average at that position and Evans has been very good, as good as he was in 2008-09. Jones at CB was a disaster. We are not talking about other position, we are talking about CB. Remeber Newcastle game?

Remember against City at home in the league? Remember against Basel? Remember against Everton? Against Benfica? Against Galati? Against West Brom?

For all the good games Evans has (Spurs, Chelsea, QPR, Bolton) he's had bad ones, if we're going to cite individual games.

Last edited:
Remember against City at home in the league? Remember against Basel? Remember against Everton? Against Benfica? Against Galati? Against West Brom?

For all the good games Evans has (Spurs, Chelsea, QPR, Bolton) he's had bad ones.

Apart from City and Basel game he was not bad at all. West Brom? Rio and Vidic started as CBs that game. Galati never tested us. They pressed us, but never tested us.

Right now Jones is a better CM and RB than CB. Evans has been very good, if you think Jones has done well as CB than Evans then we have to agree to disagree as Jones played few games as CB where we were shaky for all game and he was below average in all of them.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying Evans had better season But Evans had better season as a CB than Jones as CB.

Edit: Jones was even poor than Evans against Benfica. Own goal and poor pass that led to second goal. Jones was fantastic as CB and CM but poor as CB.

Last edited:
Jones played as CB against Blackburn at Home and Newcastle away. We conceded 6 goals and Jones was atrocious in those 2 games. He is our last choice CB behind Evans.

Jones as CB
Started against Basel, we conceded 3 goals.
Started against Benfica, conceded 2 goals, one OG and One mistake that led to second goal.

So we have conceded almost 3 goals when he started as CB. Was atrocious agaisnt Newcastle, Benfica and poor against Basel and Blackburn. Simple. He is a **** good young player but poor CB as of now.

If he can't play to the same level without an armband on, then he needs his ego putting in check.

It happens in every other workplace as far as im aware. If someone is accused of something, they are suspended until the investigation is completed. Now the FA can't actually suspend him since it's a police matter, so taking away his captaincy is the only thing they could do. They aren't saying his racist whatsoever.
I could be wrong though.

Difference is football isen't the same as any other workplace is it.

What would it have said about them? That they're better men than we thought they were? If a friend of mine, who was in a relationship, slept with the ex girlfriend of another friend of mine, I doubt the former would be flavour of the month with me.

Captaincy is irrelevant. I don't care how Terry et al feel about it, it's a ceremonial post that we, as a nation, have some ridiculous focus on. It may matter to them, but it shouldn't, and it shouldn't matter to us either.

Friends of mine has slept with my ex girlfriends, do i care no. And why??? BECAUSE SHE IS AN EX, in the past forgotten about vanished.

The city players for one, also Rooney talked about a lack of trust splitting the camp. So dont put in on the other players, when he did the dirty on one of his own.

Its an honour, but its also irrelevant, If Terry cant perform at the level without it, id rather leave him at home. If he retires, the side will go on without him

He did the on his wife and kids not Bridge, Bridge also retired from international football so even if it did effect him he wasen't there.

If he can't play to the same level without an armband on, then he needs his ego putting in check.

Some people rise to the occasion when given a higher role to play. Terry loves being England and Chelsea captain and you can see that. Nothing to do with his ego its to do with his passion, love and ability to captain a side very well.

Difference is football isen't the same as any other workplace is it.

One rule for everyone, one for football then? Hardly seems fair. Perhaps footballers shouldn't turn up to training on time, either.

Friends of mine has slept with my ex girlfriends, do i care no. And why??? BECAUSE SHE IS AN EX, in the past forgotten about vanished.

There are multiple reasons for people to break up, some are amicable and carefree, others hurt. Who are you to judge which applies.

He did the on his wife and kids not Bridge, Bridge also retired from international football so even if it did effect him he wasen't there.

Bridge is irrelevant, it's about Terry treating Bridge like ****, which is likely to also upset Bridge's other friends.

Some people rise to the occasion when given a higher role to play. Terry loves being England and Chelsea captain and you can see that. Nothing to do with his ego its to do with his passion, love and ability to captain a side very well.

If he has love and passion for his country, he'll perform to the best of his ability in an England motivated by the will for his country to win not by the will for him to win as captain. If he can only rise to the occasion with the armband, I question his love and passion.

The thing i don't get is there was the big cloud over Terry's departure at the world cup and now the same thing again. Why didn't Capello just go down a different road after the last incident. Isit actually Capello that is stripping him with the FA's concent or did the FA step in because Capello didn't want to strip Terry ?

That's a very naive view. Besides that, who said I was referring to sleeping with Bridge's ex-girlfriend as the major issue here? To me, I'd say the crux of the matter was Terry cheating on his wife in the first place.

That's a very naive view. Besides that, who said I was referring to sleeping with Bridge's ex-girlfriend as the major issue here? To me, I'd say the crux of the matter was Terry cheating on his wife in the first place.

If i cared then the fact he cheated on his wife and effected his kids would be the thing i would be annoyed about. But i see them for what they are and that is footballers.