• Yes he should go.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Yes he should but not at captain.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No he should be left out.

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dont actually care who is Captain its makes no difference whatsoever. But this is the worst possible way the FA could have handled it

Rio when played has done very well but he was not fully it from past 2 seasons. Still he did very well.

And Jones as CB is a liability at least now. His positional sense is non existent. Smalling is very good CB with all the attributes of top CB, but Jones is average as CB tbh. Either Cahill or Terry(If selected) should partner Smalling.

Right now Jones is a better CB than Ferdinand, He is still raw, but he also a better a defender that Cahill. His positioning is actually fairly good, as evidenced by the number of interceptions he has made. Ferdinand shouldnt be going to the Euros

Right now Jones is a better CB than Ferdinand, He is still raw, but he also a better a defender that Cahill. His positioning is actually fairly good, as evidenced by the number of interceptions he has made. Ferdinand shouldnt be going to the Euros
who would be your CB's to take Mike? I would take Rio but only as backup

who would be your CB's to take Mike? I would take Rio but only as backup

Would have been Smalling, Jags, Jones, Terry. Can't help but feel Terry has been undermined, so probably Lescott instead

Not sure about Lescott tbh. Yeah he's had some good games and got the odd goal. But I still don't think he's consistent enough. I think anyway

Not sure about Lescott tbh. Yeah he's had some good games and got the odd goal. But I still don't think he's consistent enough. I think anyway

Dawson isnt playing, and i trust him more than i trust Cahill, which isnt a lot to be fair

I think Ryan Shawcross should be given a chance at some point personally. Excellent header of the ball, excellent jumper, strong, and he's still young so he'll get better, has a fair bit of pace. Sort of player that can cause problems for opponents too with his determination and work rate

I think Ryan Shawcross should be given a chance at some point personally. Excellent header of the ball, excellent jumper, strong, and he's still young so he'll get better, has a fair bit of pace. Sort of player that can cause problems for opponents too with his determination and work rate
I was thinking the exact same. Give him a chance in the friendlies and see what he can do

Richards and Walker can play as centre-backs to a decent level, so that helps. Also, if Rodwell comes, he can play there too.
Good point about Richards, can Walker really play there (never seen him play there)?

Good point about Richards, can Walker really play there (never seen him play there)?

He did in his early career, and played there a couple of times for us.

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.

Innocent until proven guilty.

However, for other reasons I don't think he should be captain.

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.

Innocent until proven guilty.

However, for other reasons I don't think he should be captain.

I dont think he should be captain (personally becuase i dont think he'd start every game), but I would not have stripped him now. Timing is everything

It should have been left up to Capello and Terry to decide if he would be able to handle it tbh

Jones is not even better than Evans let alone Rio. Jones is a complete player but an average CB. His best games in United shirt came when he played as RB and CM. He leaves too much space for any intelligent player to exploit. Rio is reliable whereas Jones is not. It can be easily proved with the games he played as CB for us.

Vidic>Smalling>Rio>Evans>Jones.

Smalling and Rio are close, both can be argued as better than other but Smalling is aerially very good.

Jones is not even better than Evans let alone Rio. Jones is a complete player but an average CB. His best games in United shirt came when he played as RB and CM. He leaves too much space for any intelligent player to exploit. Rio is reliable whereas Jones is not. It can be easily proved with the games he played as CB for us.

Smalling and Rio are close, both can be argued as better than other but Smalling is aerially very good.

Rio spends half the match trying to scramble back to his own goalline. He plays so deep nowadays that he actually affects the whole team. He's made half the amount of tackles Jones has per game, too. He's just been really poor this season, especially in comparison to Jones, who has excelled. I can't see your 'leaves too much space argument': I haven't seen it happen with my own eyes, and all the stats I've seen support Jones.

To argue Evans is better than Jones is... bizarre. Moreover, to criticise Jones for being unreliable and then not even mention Evans' legendary inconsistency is pretty unfair.

Smalling and Rio are not close. Smalling is Uniteds best defender. Rio is not reliable. Jones is also far moe consistent than Evans