2034/35 - Man Utd

My first full season in charge at Utd. Getting them from 10th to 6th (and winning the FA Cup) in 9 matches last year gave me hope that we would be mounting a title challenge before long.

The Europa League would be used to give some kids a chance to prove themselves before I start shaping the squad in my image.

View attachment 57233

View attachment 57230

CHAMPIONS!!!

Back where we belong after last seasons fiasco. 11 points looks impressive but it was close up until matchday 34 or so. Only 12 more Prems to emulate Fergie.

View attachment 57229

- 2034 FA CUP FINAL -

View attachment 57228

Back to back FA Cups. Last year's I was only in charge of the semi and final so this one definitely belongs to me.

- 2034 EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL -

View attachment 57227
Should have stuck with the kids! They cruised into the final but with the league wrapped up I recalled the big guns. We had enough chances to win the game but fall short. Fergie never won the Europa League in his time and I hope to never be back in it to be honest.

View attachment 57232

View attachment 57231

STADIUM EXPANSION

After getting Aberdeen Stadium to be bigger than Old Trafford, which wasn't expanded once during my time in Scotland, we will now have a monster of a stadium.

View attachment 57226

A big outlay which will affect my transfer budget but long term this will be massive.

________

An Aberdeen legend is retiring..

View attachment 57225

I brought him with me to United to try to unlock the Generate A Son achievement. I'm not sure if this works over two different clubs but we will see at the end of June.

Transfers

Asier Iglesias - £30.5m from Southampton

Solid defender who can play a bit. Very hard to find good defenders at a reasonable price.

View attachment 57216

Luis Cuello - £63m from Atletico Madrid

£63m for a left back. Deary me! Modern football for you. Among the best LBs in the world to be fair.
View attachment 57215

Bolstered the youth ranks with some signings too. Net spend was only £15m with some sales..

View attachment 57214

I would never have signed a 31 year old centre back during my time at Aberdeen but cheers for the cash!

View attachment 57213

With the sales and a few older players released the wage bill is now down to £3.6m. That's almost £52m a year saved since I took over.

Last edited:
View attachment 57001

Just another 1400 to match Fergie.

We establish a 7 point lead over big spending City.

View attachment 57000

That allows me to ease talented youngster Manuel Engel and he rewarded my faith with 7 goals in 7 games.

View attachment 56998

The Champions League is a target, short and long term. United have only won it once since I began my managerial career. In that time even I have managed to win 4 with Aberdeen.

Long term I want to beat Real Madrid's current record of 12 titles.

View attachment 56999

Last edited:
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

First Knockout Round

View attachment 56982

View attachment 56981

Out via the away goals rule! Where did that result come from??

Unbeaten since November, including 16 wins in a row coming into the second leg.

Three defensive errors and we bow out of Europe early.

And it was all going so well! Any sign of complacency in the squad? Or they just not turning up for the bigger games?

And it was all going so well! Any sign of complacency in the squad? Or they just not turning up for the bigger games?
Just poor defending to be honest. I like old fashioned defenders. Too many Rios and Stones in the squad, not enough Vidics and Jones'