A QUIET WINDOW

No value in the market so like the real Fergie I won't splash the cash just for the sake of it. Perhaps the answer to our defensive issues in the big games lies within the youth ranks or on the training pitch.

Jonathan Merino
£2.8m from Bilbao
One for the future.

View attachment 56773

Maurizio Ferrari
Signed two years ago and after loan spells at Derby and Bournemouth he will be eased into the first team.

View attachment 56772

Jose's record is safe.

View attachment 56741

Home to Liverpool, away to Spurs all in 48 hours proved too much.

Again, some poor performances by our defenders lead to the defeat to Spurs. And on the back of 6 clean sheets in a row too which makes it even more frustrating.

Burak Kilic, our 'world class' centre back will be gone. Enough is enough with him. Not good in the air and failure to deal with crosses is costing us.

Signed by Jose for £55m back in 2029, his time is up.

View attachment 56739

Nevertheless we enter the new year top of the tree

View attachment 56740

FERGIE SELLS TOP GOALSCORER!!!

View attachment 56714

View attachment 56713

Tarik was my record signing at £71m. Less than two years later he is off to Madrid for £120m. It was a tough decision but ultimately he became unsettled by Madrid and wanted to leave.

No player is bigger than the club, even one with 63 league goals in 64 games.

We have two 5* potential kids in the youth team who will eventually dominate our strike line but too soon for them now. Rather than splash the Tarik cash I have freed up a spot for young Engel (click here) and young English prospect Richard Forrester to fight over.

View attachment 56711

Our first game after the sale of Tarik could have been testing but all three strikers score with Forrester staking his claim for a starting spot.

View attachment 56712

Kilic leaves for Barcelona and we get £53m of the £55m Jose spent. Over 250 league appearances and 4 Premier Leagues for only £2m in the end.

View attachment 56710

Big boots to fill but filling them well

View attachment 56706

View attachment 56705

We had the three biggest SALES in the January window. A bit like Fergie getting rid of Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis back in the day. £49m profit on Tarik, £40m profit on Govea.

We sit nicely at the top of the league, even with City undefeated below us. I would love to take that record from them

View attachment 56703

In the FA Cup one the the 5* potential strikers make his debut aged just 16

View attachment 56704

[FONT=&quot]2037 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

[/FONT]After losing in the first knockout round last year I demanded and expected a much better campaign this year round. We cruised through the group stages with 6 wins from 6 against Lyon, AC Milan and Inverness CT (benefiting from my time in Scotland still)

1st knockout round

View attachment 56667

View attachment 56666

Game over after the first leg. The kids even manage to win the 2nd leg comfortably too.

Quarter Finals

View attachment 56665

View attachment 56664

PSG had taken Aberdeen's label as the biggest club in Europe after appearing in 6 of the last 7 finals (winning two).

They won't be winning this one!

Semi Finals

An all-English battle between ourselves and Spurs. Spurs beat us in December but the match before the first leg we faced each other in the league where we hammered them 6-0 so we went in favourites.

View attachment 56663

View attachment 56662

Wow! An end to end first leg but Spurs were blew away in the 2nd. They shipped 13 goals in at OT in 10 days.

That sets up an all-English final in Rome against Man City. We finished miles ahead of them in the league but our record against them isn't great and as fate would have it we also face each other in the FA Cup final, days before the UCL Final

Charly Henry, scorer of 5 goals against Spurs in the UCL semi final, was signed on a free as backup to the first choice strikers. Selling Tarik Turan for £120m opened up some opportunities for all our strikers and Henry has 24 goals in 24 appearances as a result.

View attachment 56659

View attachment 56658

2036/37 - Man Utd

View attachment 56545

View attachment 56544

-- FA CUP FINAL --

View attachment 56542

A strange domestic season as we utterly dominate the league but exit the League Cup at the quarters and lose an FA Cup thriller against Man City. We face them in the UCL Final in a few days time so that result is not encouraging.

City's Murat Vatansever has been a real pain in my *** and you can see why..

View attachment 56536

.. a beast!

View attachment 56543

Tarik Turan was just about displaced as the leagues top goalscorer, despite leaving for Real Madrid in January.

2037 UCL FINAL

View attachment 56532

View attachment 56534

View attachment 56533

That man Henry again!! A hat-trick in the semi against Spurs and he comes off the bench to decide the Final as well.

Never seen a 4-1 game being 0-0 at full time either but a thoroughly deserved win and revenge for our FA Cup final defeat just days ago.

We secure the first UCL win in 16 years and now have 5, the same as Aberdeen!

View attachment 56535

Another quiet window as we only add some youngsters to the squad. I'd like some defenders and midfielders but being quoted over £80m for everyone. I'd rather risk the occasional defeat by blooding a youngster like Costas than paying that sort of money.

View attachment 56513

View attachment 56511

View attachment 56510

The club announced a deal with Mainz in Germany and so some hot prospects are spending the season there to see how they progress

View attachment 56512

Coming home

Almost 13 years at Aberdeen, winning 12 league titles in a row as well as 3 Champions League. I left them with the biggest club stadium in Britain and it was full as 77,000 people saw Fergie return to his old stomping ground.

Fair to say most of the 77,000 people didn't like what they saw...

View attachment 56257

Nowt better than giving your old team a dam good thrashing:

3fccc791c8e00438069bf17c050f8ae0.jpg

2037/38 - Man Utd

View attachment 56134

View attachment 56138

A great season if you exclude being robbed by Arsenal who's two late goals saw us dumped out of the FA Cup at the 6th round.

View attachment 56137

Only Arsenal (2-2 h) and Crystal Palace (1-1 a) took points of us. Arsenal we required a later equaliser and almost lost our unbeaten run while Palace where sandwiched between two UCL quarter finals and so the kids played.

View attachment 56135

Young Peter Ledsham was introduced into the first team over the season and had done exceptionally well.

View attachment 56133