2038 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 56124

After knocking out old club Aberdeen we drew Juventus winning 4-2 in Turin before a comfortable 4-0 win back in Manchester.

Another clash with long time adversaries PSG awaited.

Again, we won 4-2 in the away leg and saw out a 1-1 at Old Trafford to see ourselves into back-to-back finals

FINAL

View attachment 56125

View attachment 56122

View attachment 56123

With only one UCL win during the trophy-laden Jose Mourinho era we now have two consecutive titles after a nervy but well deserved win over Atletico Madrid.

Young Manuel Engel was tipped for stardom by me a couple of seasons ago and had 13 goals in his first 19 games for us aged just 18. However injury set him back last season with only 15 appearances all season (with 9 goals).

He returned to fitness this season and has 18 goals in 26 appearances and will be forever remembered for his UCL winner.

Transfers

I don't believe you have got to spend money to make money. Again, we don't splash too much cash as there are no deals worth doing currently so my focus is on finding and making the next star.

View attachment 56007

Rodriguez, however, is a big signing. On a free too and he allows me to accept Arsenal's £26.5m bid for our 31 year old goalkeeper Nathan Phillips.

View attachment 56006

Eric Mahe was another decent bosman signing.

View attachment 56005

I thought my business was done for the summer but Barcelona offered £91m for one of my midfielders. One of my long term aims is to get a new stadium built (and perhaps named after me) so £91m in the bank will do nicely.

View attachment 55892

As per normal I look to the reserve team for an up and coming prospect first before deciding if I need to splash the cash. The likes of Emiliano Costas will be given a chance to cement a first team spot

View attachment 55891

Gonzalez starts life in Spain with 7 goals in 15 games from midfield. Have I made a mistake!

View attachment 55890

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (PART 1)

View attachment 55593

BACK TO ABERDEEN

View attachment 55592

View attachment 55591

View attachment 55590

The master returns to where he had his apprenticeship for the second time. Utd won 9-2 over two legs in last season first knockout round.

This encounter was rather more important; a UCL semi final.

This time we prevail 7-1 on aggregate with two comfortable ties. It is good to see Aberdeen still competing in Europe however and didn't slip back into the wilderness after I left for Man Utd

2038/39 - Man Utd

View attachment 55589

View attachment 55588

View attachment 55586

_________

View attachment 55585

View attachment 55587

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

View attachment 55584

Peter Ledsham

View attachment 55582

The man I have identified as the one to possibly break Sir Bobby's league goals record of 199. In his breakthrough season he has managed 20 goals in 31 league starts (and 20 assists). He will only be turning 19 over the summer so 9 more seasons of 20 goals and the record is his before he even hits his peak years.

2039 UCL FINAL

View attachment 55578

View attachment 55577
Heartbreaking! Penalty shootouts are no way to lose a Champions League final especially after we lead for so long during the 90 minutes. Former Utd player Connor scored his penalty against us while my former Aberdeen favourite Greg Bishop missed his but it didn't matter at that point.

I've now lost 3 UCL finals; fortunately I've won 6.

Transfers 2039/40

Madjer Filho
£31.5m from Schalke
Centre midfield is a place we are light in and Filho had requested a transfer which had alerted Bayern, Man City and Chelsea so I made my move.

View attachment 55516

Jose Antonio
Free from Real Madrid

View attachment 55515

Jose Sousa
Free from Guimaraes
We are well stocked on goalkeepers but too good to not sign for free. He may secure a place on the bench or he will be sold for profit in 12-18 months

View attachment 55513

Our board announced a partnership with Rosenborg and a talented youngster is in their ranks. He joins us next season for £500k

View attachment 55514

Another hot prospect arrives for £400k when he turns 18. Excited to see him up front with Ledsham

View attachment 55512

2040 LEAGUE CUP

View attachment 55342

View attachment 55341

Another league cup in the bag. The Scottish version was the first cup I ever won and now I have 16 to my name (1 St Mirren, 10 Aberdeen, 5 Man Utd). Good to see Ledsham scoring in a final too.

In the league we are unbeaten and have won 25 of our 27 games yet Arsenal remain on our coat tails. If we can win our game in hand it should be curtains

View attachment 55340

MORE PENALTY MISERY

View attachment 55339

No FA Cup this year as we lose out to our noisy neighbours. Our record in penalty shootouts isn't good.

Oddly, because we lost on penalties, our amazing unbeaten record which is approaching 100 games should remain intact

50 GOALS AND COUNTING

View attachment 55338

View attachment 55337

He is even in the running for the golden boot...

View attachment 55336

...and must be favourite for Young Player of the Year after dominating the monthly award.

View attachment 55335