CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KNOCKOUT ROUNDS

View attachment 55332

View attachment 55333

We cruised through the group stage before easily dispatching Portuguese sides Porto and Benfica en route to a semi final against Bayern Munich.

We won a 9 goal thriller 6-3 at OT before a surprisingly easy 3-0 in Munich to book another Champions League final only this time the venue is OLD TRAFFORD!

Fittingly it is an all-English final in Manchester as Arsenal knockout no less than 3 Spanish teams on the way to the final. Never seen that before.

View attachment 55331

Amazing! 102 game unbeaten run! Is their a single player left that still plays thats a real person now? If your at 2040 that means even the 16 year olds from the start of the game are now 39ish?

2040/41 Transfers

This summer turned out to be the busiest I've had in a while, probably ever.

- Out with the old -

Gonzalo Fernandez
£51m to Barcelona

Made over 150 league appearances but some youngsters are after his spot and his wages meant he was expendable.

View attachment 54876

________

Asier Iglesias
£25.5m to Tianjin

Another older centre back threatened by a new crop. Only made 17 league appearances over the last two season and most of those when we I rested players after winning the league

View attachment 54875

Nicolas Boyer
£20m to PSG

A United legend with over 250 goals during his time here. He was only 19 league goals shy of beating Sir Bobby's record but he had grown unhappy at playing second fiddle to Peter Ledsham

View attachment 54874

View attachment 54873

_________

Charly Henry
£37.5m to Atletico Madrid

A Champions League hero over the years for us despite only being signed as a back up at first. An impressive 55 goals in 88 games but a bit like Chicharito he grew tired of the super-sub role and into the final year of his deal he wanted £250k to stay. Adios!

View attachment 54872
_______

Nikola Djukic
£75m to PSG
I thought my transfer business was done so I holidayed for 10 days to the start of the season only to find PSG had matched his buyout clause, which I didn't even know existed! Massive error on my part as he is one of the best box-to-box midfielders about.

On the plus side he only cost £5m

View attachment 54877

-- In with the new --

Anthony Burton
£32.5m from Hannover

A bargain in the current market. I am selling worse players aged 30+ for around this value

View attachment 54871

Abdul Mensah
£42m from Hamburg

Our second raid on Germany and what a striker we have. His 33 goals in 34 games last season had everyone after him. Thankfully he chose us.

View attachment 54870

Thierry Kaptoum
£21.5m from Burnley

A late signing after returning from holiday to see Djukic had left for PSG. A good midfielder at a good price all things considered

View attachment 54869

UNBEATEN RUN ENDED

View attachment 54545

The game after winning the World Club Cup saw us lose away to Southampton on Boxing Day. 2 shots on target for Southampton, 2 goals. A standard FM result!

I still hold the record at 112 games unbeaten.

ANOTHER GOLDEN BOY

View attachment 54544

2041 LEAGUE CUP FINAL

View attachment 54437

Richard Forrester is my 2041 version of Harry Kane. What a player and what a career already before he has even hit his prime. 126 goals in 166 league appearance.

I want Peter Ledsham to replace Sir Bobby in United history books but by the time Ledsham gets close to 199 he could be targeting a new record set by Forrester.

View attachment 54436

View attachment 54433

His 24 league goals so far have helped us open up an 8 point lead at the top of the table

View attachment 54434

View attachment 1160226View attachment 54435

Record breaker then the game decides enough is enough

View attachment 54428

Win 21 in that record saw us beat City and all but secure another Premier League title.

View attachment 54432

HOWEVER, Football Manager got offended by my winning streak and immediately sought to end it with the typical results of the opposition forwards scoring with every shot on targets, two games in a row.

View attachment 54431

View attachment 54430

The injury crisis engulfing the club isn't helping to be fair

View attachment 54429

2041/42 Summer Window

Alejandro Pena
£65m from Barcelona

Not too many world class centre backs among this generation so I have to spend some coin to get one, especially one with pace.

View attachment 54415

Marcello Trumpler
Free from Barcelona

A second raid on Barca, though this was agreed in January. A good left back for nothing.

View attachment 54414

Trumpler allowed me to sell our current backup left back Jake Tompkins to former club Aberdeen for £28.5m. Aberdeen have slipped back a bit in Europe over the years so I will try to help them by selling them my rejects.

View attachment 54411

Sabia went to Barcelona to fill Pena's void. £57m for a player who played less than 50 league games over 4 years.

View attachment 54413

Rodrigo Herrera was sold to Arsenal for £15m. Our second choice keeper for a few years, his wages were £70k a week and final year of his deal.

View attachment 54412

We start the season by beating City and Everton in the Charity Shield and UEFA Super Cup.

However we have an unusually slow start to the league and have to beat City away to keep in touch with Arsenal

View attachment 54410

View attachment 54409

Ledsham's two goal against City further highlight his growing global reputation as he is among the favourites for World Player of the Year

View attachment 54408

Meanwhile, the bank is bursting

View attachment 54407

View attachment 54406

One of my long term aims at Utd was to get a new stadium built (and ideally named after myself). The money is there for it, Old Trafford is full every week but the board are continually rejected my request

TITLE RUN IN

UTD

View attachment 54397
After the Stoke setback we matched Arsenal results. However a draw to Everton and defeat to Spurs placed one Arsenal hand on the title with 6 games to go.

ARSENAL

View attachment 54396
The nerves get to Arsenal's defense as they ship 7 goals in 3 Premier League games including a draw to West Brom and a 3-2 defeat to Bournemouth.

They steady the ship with a 4-0 win at home to Bristol City but we win 5 in a row as Arsenal wobble resulting in the title race going down to the wire!

FINAL DAY DRAMA!!

View attachment 54394

We were 10 points behind at one stage.

Arsenal may have a two point advantage on the final day but they are away to Man City. We are at home to Stoke and with a better goal difference assuming we win Arsenal MUST beat City

View attachment 54395

FINAL DAY 2041/42

The closest I've been to not winning the league title since I arrived at Utd.

In fact I've won 19 league titles in a row - 12 at Aberdeen and 7 at Utd.

View attachment 54389

View attachment 54387

The noisy neighbours actually done us a favour!

Three goals in 5 minutes saw us do our job now over to City. A penalty just before half time but us in the box seat as only a win would do for Arsenal now. Instead they imploded and City matched our 4-0 scoreline and handed us the title.

View attachment 54388

Our problem this season was goals. Usually my 3 strikers are fighting it out with each other for the Golden Boot. This year however only Richard Forrester turned up. Ledsham only managed 12 and Abdul Mensah suffered second season syndrome as he totalled 11 as injuries as loss of form hit everyone except Forrester.

View attachment 54386

Just look at the past positions to see how truly lucky we have been this year. We had our lowest points tally last season so the warning signs were there perhaps.

Maybe a tactical rethink or a squad overhaul is required. I also think I have overcoached the strikers with too many PPMs. Perhaps some more freedom next year will correct the lack of goals from our forward line.

View attachment 54385

Last edited: