Well that was a close Title Race! Surprised to see only one of your players in the Top 10 for the Golden Boot race though, KIU awesome story

2042 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Routine wins over Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid set up a semi final tie against PSG, who are still spending on average £240m each summer.

We dismantled them 4-0 at Old Trafford but almost threw it away in the second leg losing 3-0. Usually at this stage we already have the league won so rest players either side of the Champions League games.

However, chasing Arsenal down meant we didn't have such luxury so it undoubtedly played a part in the second leg shocker.

View attachment 54336

This set up a third consecutive final against Arsenal!

We won the first two, 2-1(AET) and 6-0

THE FINAL

View attachment 54335

Football. ****** ****!

Two minutes away from defeat against the strongest opponent we have faced for years, led by old rival Brendan Rodgers. But star man Richard Forrester had other ideas with an 88th minute equaliser.

He gave us the led in extra time depsite being reduced to 10 men just before FT. Two quickfire Arsenal goals however looked to have swung the tie back to Arsenal but another late late equaliser with two minutes of extra time left saw the thriller head to penalties.

Eventually we prevailed from that 5-4 and claimed a hat-trick of UCL win against Arsenal, bringing us up to 9 in total, 3 behind Real Madrid who haven't won it since 2017

View attachment 54337

View attachment 54334

BILLIONAIRES

View attachment 54309

The money is there for the Alex Ferguson Stadium should the board eventually decide to build it.

We finally have a noteworthy youth team player after a few years of poor graduates.. 5* potential and a midfielder in an era where most good players are strikers

View attachment 54308

SPLASHING SOME CASH

Having to come from 10 points behind to ****** the league on the final day of the season I decided to spend some of our £1billion to reassert ourselves firmly back at the top of the English pile.

Vicente Ferrer
£30m from Benfica

He had requested to leave and so we were not alone in seeking his signature for a very cheap £30m. The young defenders I have been trying to break into the first team are all good on the ball. Ferrer is an old fashioned defender as we go back to basics.

View attachment 54304

Jorge Scott
£49m from Barcelona

A former Arsenal player. I've made a decision that when looking for players for certain positions my first preference is for English (or UK and Irish) players. We have more Spanish players than we do homegrown players.

View attachment 54303

We've spent around £160m now in two windows and we have some world class potential players out on loan throughout England and Europe. Some of those will come back into the first team.

Last edited:
NORMAL SERVICE RESUMED??

View attachment 54299

We start the season as we finished the last, on a roll, with the only blotch on the record being a 0-0 away to Tottenham.

Ferrer slots in well at the back while Scott is being eased into the team.

More importantly however is that all our strikers are scoring again, not just Forrester.

View attachment 54298

Peter Ledsham starts the season on fire and closes in on 100 league goals for Utd

View attachment 54300

We surprisingly dropped points at home to Sheffield United but bounce back from that 1-1 draw to thrash the noisy neighbours 7-0!

View attachment 54293

A couple of weeks later we win our 7th World Club Cup (and a 5th in 6 years).

View attachment 54294

Last edited:
Lucky boy ;) But hey, even the greats get a bit of luck now and then

Wow - didn't realise you could be knighted in this game!

Season 2043/44 Summer Window

There wasn't much going on in this window until I got wee bit naughty and unsettled West Ham's star striker Claus Warming. 20 goals inn 33 league games for the Hammers last season. They wanted £129m for him at first but a few days of public courting and submitting some very low bids on purpose, the Hammers eventually sold a very unhappy player to me for £67m

View attachment 53970

Some players are returning from successful loan spells and the transfer market isn't bursting with players who will improve my squad so some of the loanees will act as back up.

View attachment 53969

View attachment 53968

One area needing looked at sooner rather than later is left back.

Club legend Luis Cuello is on the wrong side of 30 and is starting to show it. A loyal servant with over 350 appearances but we will start looking for the next Luis Cuello.

View attachment 53967

View attachment 53966

RETURN TO THE OLD HUNTING GROUND

View attachment 53940

Meanwhile in the league we are doing well, though I'm not overly happy with the performances to be honest. Perhaps the players have grown weary of me as I approach 10 years in charge.

View attachment 53937

View attachment 53936

Peter Ledsham has over 200 league appearances now, 53 goals short of breaking Sir Bobby's record. He is only 23 so plenty of time.

View attachment 53935

By the time he gets close to the 199 figure though Richard Forrester should be the outright holder as he is only 17 short of owning the record himself

View attachment 53934

________

GENERATE A SON POSSIBILITY

In FM Touch if a player retires after playing under you for 10 years you unlock the Generate A Son achievement, allowing me to have my son added to the youth team.

Today Mazinho announed his retirement at the end of the season. He has not featured for me in a while but I kept renewing his contract just to have him retire at Old Trafford after I brought him with me from Aberdeen.

Fingers crossed this gives me the unlock as I am not sure if the player has to be at the one club for the full 10 years.

View attachment 53939

View attachment 53938

I remember one one save finally generating a son and he literally played on the wing when i didnt play wingers and was awful, i was Man Utd too and he wouldnt have got into a league 1 team lol

Great story mate just caught up. Keep going see if you can get that son!