Good morning SAF!

Fingers crossed with unlocking the son achievement

Ties v Aberdeen

View attachment 53651

View attachment 53652

Again, we are too good for former club Aberdeen. At least they are still making the knockout rounds of the Champions League and haven't drifted back into obscurity.
________

Sandwiched in between the Aberdeen games was a League Cup final against a strong Everton team. Forrester doesn't pay attention to reputations.

View attachment 53653

2043/44 Champions League

View attachment 53611

After beating former club Aberdeen we drew Spanish giants Barcelona.

A comfortable 3-1 win at OT (Barca scored in added time) was followed by an equally impressive 2-1 win in the Camp Nou.

The semi saw us again up against Spanish opposition in Atletico Madrid. A 8 goal thriller at OT saw us prevail 5-3 (former striker Charly Henry with two late goals for Atletico). However we bulldozed through them in Spain winning 5-1 a booking yet another final and this one is a bit closer to home...

View attachment 53607

View attachment 53610

View attachment 53609

View attachment 53608

5 IN A ROW!

West Ham were only in the CL because they won last season's Europa League, thanks in no part to Claus Warming's 12 goals in 14 European games for the Hammers last season.

Today he lines up for us and silenced the boo boys with one goal and two assists in one of the easiest CL wins to date.

I feel sorry for Caio who is understudy to Ledsham, Forrester and Warming. He ends up our top CL goalscorer as the big boys don't feature much in the group stages. He only played the final because Forrester was injured but he has 24 goals and has become unsettled by Real Madrid.

Will they match his £120m buyout clause??

2043/44

10 IN A ROW is also title number 40 for the club.

Utd have won all but 6 Premier Leagues since I started managing in 2018. In fact the trophy has not left the city of Manchester since Antonio Conte won it with Chelsea in 2017!

View attachment 53603

View attachment 53601

The days of 100+ points seem to be over. Our domination in Europe has strenghtend the Premier League too and I can't just roll teams over anymore as there is world class talent within every club now

View attachment 53600

A FA Cup Final upset

View attachment 53604

_________

Peter Ledsham enter the Best Eleven squad after a sensational season

View attachment 53602

View attachment 53599

View attachment 53598

Amazing!
what do you need to do to get a son on FM? google has been no help.

KIU!

Amazing!
what do you need to do to get a son on FM? google has been no help.

KIU!
On FM Touch you have to have managed a player for at least 10 years and he retires at your club.

On the full game I believe it is entirely random

Targeting Ryan Giggs' Appearance Record

Richard Forrester recently broke Sir Bobby's 199 goal league record. With my son now at the club I am going to target Giggsy's league appearance record of 672 games

Sam Ferguson is about to turn 16.

He needs to play the full 38 game season for the next 17.8 seasons, or until he is almost 34.

I will start him every game. Because I play FM Touch and use instant result the assistant manager will usually sub him off at half time for a more established player so we will see how it goes.

Targeting this record (and waiting for the new stadium plans to be finalised) will keep me interested in this career for a few seasons more.

SAM FERGUSON - 20 LEAGUE GAMES

View attachment 53337

I put him on penalties to try to increase his strike rate. May be too much responsibility for a 16 year old.

View attachment 53336

Two assists in the World Club Cup final.

View attachment 53335

Followed by a double against Leicester

View attachment 53334

And another strike v Forest

View attachment 53333

... and Palace

View attachment 53332

Sam had 2 assists and 4 goals in 4 games before a small injury struck (out for 3 weeks).

View attachment 53330

And finished 3rd in the Young Player of the Month award

View attachment 53331