Sir. Frank de Boer - The different 4-3-3 formation

I was wondering if you could help me as i find the tactic is good but it is not scoring enough because striker has only 3 goals in 16 games (daniel sturridge) and the other has 4 in 19 (salomon Rondon)

I was wondering if you could help me as i find the tactic is good but it is not scoring enough because striker has only 3 goals in 16 games (daniel sturridge) and the other has 4 in 19 (salomon Rondon)
Well, that could be because of multiple reasons. Look at their PPM (player preferred moves) and look if they have something that is infecting the tactic in a bad way. Or they doesn't suit the role for complete forward. Then you can chance in to another role. Have a look at that options and come back later with feedback mate.

Together my two strikers have scored 18 goals in 16 league games. And I have Arkadiusz Milik and Richairo Zivkovic.

I will do thanks for fast response. And also do when you plan on releasing player filters for this tactic?

P.S rondon has knocks ball past opponent and shoots ball with power

I will do thanks for fast response. And also do when you plan on releasing player filters for this tactic?

P.S rondon has knocks ball past opponent and shoots ball with power
Will see tomorow if I have some time to make the filters.

I think that those PPM doesn't influence the tactic in a bad way.

if i wana try this with juventus what version of tactic should i use (2.0; 2.1; .....) ???

if i wana try this with juventus what version of tactic should i use (2.0; 2.1; .....) ???
Set up the 2.0, 2.1 and the 2.3 in your tactics screen. And then read the OP for what tactic to use agains what type of opponent.

Gonna set up 2.1 and 2.3 for my Liverpool team(just finished season 4, starting season 5)

Going to have to get wingers though, since I played with a wingerless formation before. Any suggestions?(bear in mind all players would have aged 4 years from the start)

Gonna set up 2.1 and 2.3 for my Liverpool team(just finished season 4, starting season 5)

Going to have to get wingers though, since I played with a wingerless formation before. Any suggestions?(bear in mind all players would have aged 4 years from the start)
Well, I don't know how much many you have, but you do need wingers, yes. I will make some player filters tomorrow.

Sorry, but I don't understand u, I have 2.1 and 2.3 versions, so I can use the first one against small and equal teams, the second one against bigger teams, but u say that I can use these tactics in every game.

Sorry, but I don't understand u, I have 2.1 and 2.3 versions, so I can use the first one against small and equal teams, the second one against bigger teams, but u say that I can use these tactics in every game.
For example.

I play with Ajax, home against Chelsea in the Champions League. Chelsea has a better team than Ajax and
I would say 'use the counter version (2.3)'. But that's not what I did, I used the 2.1 version and I won with 2-0, and I was dominating the game.

If I say, use that tactic against that type of opponent than is that just a guideline, not a strict note. Maybe, If i used the counter version, I won with 4-0, maybe. Or I lost. Maybe!

So you have to get a sort of feeling of what tactic to use. And you will get that feeling after playing lots of games with versions of this tactic.

PSG and Chelsea are both better clubs than me, but when I faced them this season at home, I crushed both with the 2.1 version.

Note: I am not saying that I just have a home and an away tactic, because I play most of the time with the 2.1 and 2.0 version. But that is because of the rating of the Dutch League.

EDIT: LAST NOTE. I am not saying you are going to win every game with just one version. You have to switch to be less predictable and set the right tactic against the right opponents. The table in the OP is just a sort of guideline which is created to help you!

Last edited:
Thanks for answer, will develop my feelings) I like Holland too, so I'm Zwolle and I will use 2.3 much more likely than u with Ajax. Have some kind of impudence in FM, when for example I'm Hoffenheim against Bayern and I won't play counter style, only attack, so I had some fun matches like 5-4, 4-4, 6-3 etc.

Thanks for answer, will develop my feelings) I like Holland too, so I'm Zwolle and I will use 2.3 much more likely than u with Ajax. Have some kind of impudence in FM, when for example I'm Hoffenheim against Bayern and I won't play counter style, only attack, so I had some fun matches like 5-4, 4-4, 6-3 etc.
Excellent, that's the kind of thinking. (A)

And one last thing, if I had lots of games in a few days, I use the counter version sometimes. Below you see a screen of this season, I have a much better team than Roda, but played lots of games in a few days so I used the counter version with a nice result.

View attachment 354607

That's why I was confused, because Ajax is much better team than Roda) Add ur last posts in OP because some people are still confused I think.

That's why I was confused, because Ajax is much better team than Roda) Add ur last posts in OP because some people are still confused I think.
Thanks for the feedback. I wrote some notes in the OP to make some things clear!

Back