View attachment 202169
View attachment 202168
We got the win we needed today which means we finish the group unbeaten. Leverkusen put up a good fight until Wendell got sent off, and once Yarmolenko converted the penalty it was over.

View attachment 202167
So we top the group and remain unbeaten in Europe this season. No other club picked up as many points as us in the group stages, so that's something to be proud of.

The possible teams we can meet in the last 16 are:

Lazio
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Benfica
Ajax
A.C. Milan
Man City

Finishing the group isnt actually as good as it once looked, as we have a number of teams we wouldnt want to face in the next round.

View attachment 996189
View attachment 201903
View attachment 201902
A scrappy win today. West Brom were much better than we anticipated, playing some nice football around. We were the better side but it wasn't an easy game. Paul Pogba opened the scoring on his first start back since his second injury. Pogba took on two of the West Brom players and then slotted it past the keeper, a brilliant goal.

Pjanic got our second, as he latched onto a loose ball in the box and rifled it home. Demarai Gray pulled one back for West Brom after some sloppy defending from ourselves.

We have a huge home tie against Arsenal next.

View attachment 201892

View attachment 201889
Welcome back to the knockout stages! The draw couldn't have been any harsher but this is what we thrive off. Playing against Barcelona is the biggest fixture in football in my opinion. It's going to be tough but we're going to give it our all to beat them, this is where players like Pogba need to step up.

Starting to feel like I'm writing to myself, not sure if there is much point carrying this on anymore...

View attachment 996276
View attachment 201820
View attachment 201819

This will probably go down as the most frustrating game of the season. We played Arsenal off the park today and were knocking on the door for the goal but it just wouldnt come. Between Petr Cech and some really awful finishing, we just could not find the net today.

Yarmolenko pulled up with a hamstring problem in the last minute of the game, and it looks like the winger will be out for a few weeks. Injuries have been a big problem this season.

Finally caught up man!!! Phew, some tough draw in the Champions League mate but you seem to be doing alright this year!! Thoughts on Pogba so far?

Finally caught up man!!! Phew, some tough draw in the Champions League mate but you seem to be doing alright this year!! Thoughts on Pogba so far?

Yeah not the easiest of draws! But will definitely be entertaining!

I cant really give one yet, he's only managed 6 league starts but he seems pretty solid. Hopefully he stays clear from injuries now because I paid a lot for him!

View attachment 996289
View attachment 201810
View attachment 201809
Today we played Southampton, and while we've been busy lately many of our players were in need for a rest. I was unsure about how many changes I could make without disrupting the side, but I ended up changing the lot. The whole back four were second choice players, along with some of the midfield.

With a front 3 of Lallana Ings and Turan finishing off the eleven. Ings got us off the a brilliant start scoring in 47 seconds, and Lallana finished the game off to silence the booing Southampton fans.

James Milner came off the bench for the first time since his injury, if we can get him fully fit we should be able to compete every match again. Missing him has been a bigger problem than anticipated.

View attachment 996293
View attachment 201807
View attachment 201806
A very pleasing win today. It was a shame Manolas got sent off but we still stuck the game out and matched Newcastle. The biggest problem with the red card is we have United in a few days and Manolas is one of our key players. I'm torn between playing Sakho and Gomez as they've both been in good form recently when playing. Sakho comes with a wealth of experience so he probably tips Gomez for the big games.

View attachment 996299
View attachment 201802
View attachment 201801
Dont you just love it when a risky decision pulls off? And dont you just love beating United? I'd dropped Turan for Jordon Ibe today, which I could tell raised some question marks as Ibe has been playing wing back most of the season, but I like Jordon and I know he's got a lot of passion in his game, so I threw him up there.

He set Sturridge up and then finished the game off himself with a well deserved goal after causing the defenders nightmares all game. Maybe he deserves a run in the team as a winger now.

Lallana scored the opener with a lovely finish, he's coming into some great form now.

View attachment 996306
View attachment 201795
After beating Swansea 2-1 on the last day of 2017, we find ourselves 2nd in the table. Goals from Ibe and Ings helped us win the match. We're 11 points clear of falling out of the top four so that shows how far we have come as a club, we would have been aiming for a top four finish a few season ago.

Chelsea are in incredible form and we are 4 points behind them. We really need to catch them but the way they are playing lately will make it hard. Mourinho has got them well organised and when he gets them like this they are hard to shift. Jurgen Klopp got sacked at the end of last season for losing out on the title on goal difference, but the city owners will be sorry for getting rid of him so quickly as they find themselves 6th in the table.

The big surprise of the season are Everton. They find themselves only 4 points a float from relegation, and the toffees will hope that after sacking Martinez, that the replacement they will eventually find can lift them.

View attachment 201789
It's the day I've been waiting for all season. Rodolfo Burruchaga finally joins us after we agreed the transfer in the summer. This lad is one of the most looked at young players in football, and I'm going to use throw him right in the deep end to see how he copes this month, then I can evaluate whether he needs a loan move or not.

He's already mentally and physically there, he just needs to work on the technical side to his game a bit more, but that's what were keen to do.

View attachment 996325
View attachment 201777
View attachment 201775
A very mixed day for our new lad Burruchaga today. After 10 minutes he signalled to the bench that he had a problem so we were bringing Sturridge on, but he still managed to score before the ball went out of play, with a tidy finish from inside the box. 10 minutes and 1 goal is a very good start to his career here though.

Henderson, Sturridge and Yarmolenko finished off the rout, as we eased past Blackburn rovers to start 2018 on a high.

View attachment 996352
View attachment 201753
View attachment 201751
We start our defence of our F.A Cup title with a thumping 4-0 win over Swansea. Lallana is realy beginning to become an indespensible player to the team, yet again getting on the score sheet and playing well. There was a surprise goal for Moreno too, as he caught a strike so clean in flew straight back out of the goal once it hit the net. Brilliant game.

View attachment 996370
View attachment 201738
View attachment 201736
Another huge win today. We've now won our last 3 games with a 4 goal margin, and we dont look like we can be stopped right now. The team are really beginning to click. It looks like Burruchaga is already ready for the first team, as he makes it 2 goals in 3 appearances for us. At 18 years of age this lad could become one of the world greats. Yarmolenko returned to the side following his hamstring injury and bagged 2 goals, so things are looking good.