Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

Due to very unpleasants events towards me in privat, coming from members from this or any of the other forums I have posted on, I would like a moderator to remove this thread entirely and unregister me as a user.

Cheers

Couldent buy a win last night in the Eircom League of Ireland with my derry city team, So started using your tactics, and have now gone 7 games unbeaten thanks...;)

Due to very unpleasants events towards me in privat, coming from members from this or any of the other forums I have posted on, I would like a moderator to remove this thread entirely and unregister me as a user.

Cheers
gutted. sorry to here that. these tactics kick some major ***, you did a good job. sorry some tools had to ruin it.

I´m playing with atletico madrid and I use 442 formation. I wanted to ask which tactic to use against teams like villareal, sevilla away and which tactic to use against barselona or arsenal away.... I tought to use attack away when playing easier team away like malaga, betis, getafe... When playing better teams like sevilla, villareal i will try to use counter and when playing the best teams like real m., barselona, arsenal i think defense would be best... Do you agree with this or should I use another tactics when I´ playing away??? Also what tactic is best when I play against barselona or real at home?

I´m playing with atletico madrid and I use 442 formation. I wanted to ask which tactic to use against teams like villareal, sevilla away and which tactic to use against barselona or arsenal away.... I tought to use attack away when playing easier team away like malaga, betis, getafe... When playing better teams like sevilla, villareal i will try to use counter and when playing the best teams like real m., barselona, arsenal i think defense would be best... Do you agree with this or should I use another tactics when I´ playing away??? Also what tactic is best when I play against barselona or real at home?

If you are playing the 442 NO Tm( that I would recommend),

• Attack away against easier teams that play a defensive counter game

• Away against top 4-8 teams (
    Sevilla etc) I would probably use 7.Defensive, looking at the marking
    system so that our winger don´t
    end up sitting in the lap of our fullbacks
  • Against Arsenal, that plays a very attacking
    counter game with too high closing down on the "front 5"), again 7.defensive
  • Against top team
    and real M that play a more possession football, I would play Balanced at home and Balanced away but this time with the OI tweaks against the 4-2-4 or other attacking teams​

Thank you very much! I allways have a problem playing away games at fm... Just one more question: When should I use attack away tactic? When I try to catch the score away?

Thank you very much! I allways have a problem playing away games at fm... Just one more question: When should I use attack away tactic? When I try to catch the score away?

Think of attack away as a "Control tactic when playing away". Its when you ant to lure up the opponents higher up in the pitch. It works good against teams playing on the break and using a lower than average d-line with 2 advanced forwards, not tracking back. If you are unsure when to use it I would leave it for now.

Its always easier to read the game playing a 442 without target men and/or playmakers so in that sense, the 442 NO TM is a better set.
As for pointers, have a look at the FCright as you might have to tweak his settings to suit your player if he is not up for the Complete FC role.

Great to see you back, was shocked to see your thread closed when i checked back a few days ago. Anyway, need some advice from you again.

Completed 2nd season with Liverpool using 442 noTM. Won the league, but only just. Somehow Chelsea manage to lose their last 2 matches of the season for me to pip them to the title. Won FA Cup against Man City. Lost heavily to Barca in CL Qfinals.

So now, i'm planning to try another set of your tactics my upcoming third season, the 442 TopTeam. Need your advice on a few points:

1. I bought Sergio Aguero (for 37M, ouch!), intending to use him as my first choice quick striker, partnering Torres. How should i set him up? As he will be the FCL, will he be the "target-man", or is Torres a better choice as the semi-TM?

2. I realise in one of your sets (either Defensive or SUS), it has "Playmaker" checked. Which position should this playmaker be in? If i do not use a playmaker, would it make a big difference with this tactic?

3. Are you still playing your Villa save? If so, how does Ash Young do in the AML position? Looking for a good replacement after selling Mata.

Looking forward to your tips. Cheers!

Great to see you back, was shocked to see your thread closed when i checked back a few days ago. Anyway, need some advice from you again.

Completed 2nd season with Liverpool using 442 noTM. Won the league, but only just. Somehow Chelsea manage to lose their last 2 matches of the season for me to pip them to the title. Won FA Cup against Man City. Lost heavily to Barca in CL Qfinals.

So now, i'm planning to try another set of your tactics my upcoming third season, the 442 TopTeam. Need your advice on a few points:

1. I bought Sergio Aguero (for 37M, ouch!), intending to use him as my first choice quick striker, partnering Torres. How should i set him up? As he will be the FCL, will he be the "target-man", or is Torres a better choice as the semi-TM?

2. I realise in one of your sets (either Defensive or SUS), it has "Playmaker" checked. Which position should this playmaker be in? If i do not use a playmaker, would it make a big difference with this tactic?

3. Are you still playing your Villa save? If so, how does Ash Young do in the AML position? Looking for a good replacement after selling Mata.

Looking forward to your tips. Cheers!

1. I would probably use Aguero as the FCright and tweak his settings to giving him full creative freedom, mixed on crossing, long shots and Fwruns (often on the others).

2. I think its the 4.attack away and that is just a slip of the mouse when re-saving the tactic under a proper name.So, no PLm used( in some version the same has happend to the Target man box to iirc)

3. Not playing with Villa any more but Young was marvelous when I played him as a incutting winger but when I wanted to use a more normal ML, running down the flanks and crossing, working hard in defense, he was useless.

Is it bad to change tactics to often? For example if I use balanced tactic ( I play 442 no TM) home against real m, then counter against racing away, after that attack tactic against deportivo home and defencive vs barcelona away will the team get used to playing so many different versions of tactics??? Also should I switch them in one game, for examle if I lead using attack should I switch to balanced to keep the result?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:42 PM ----------

???...

Is it bad to change tactics to often? For example if I use balanced tactic ( I play 442 no TM) home against real m, then counter against racing away, after that attack tactic against deportivo home and defencive vs barcelona away will the team get used to playing so many different versions of tactics??? Also should I switch them in one game, for
examleexamle
if I lead using attack should I switch to balanced to keep the result?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:42 PM ----------

???...[/QUIt smy

It smy belief that it works switching tactics. But normally, you do not use them all as starting tactics . At least not during the same month/months. I often start with version X(depending on my team,)at home since Its the correct choice under the current circumstances. If I struggle in the league and the confidence is lowe then maybe then I start using a "lower", more defensive version as a starting tactic and vice versa if teams are starting to play more defensive/cautious against us.

IN-ingame changes: Almost every match but only because of what I see on the pitch.So there is no need to go all defensive after scoring 2-0 unless you have been really lucky and the version wasnt correct in the first place

EDIT: This spellchecking really messes up the text here at FMBase, sorry.

1. I would probably use Aguero as the FCright and tweak his settings to giving him full creative freedom, mixed on crossing, long shots and Fwruns (often on the others).

2. I think its the 4.attack away and that is just a slip of the mouse when re-saving the tactic under a proper name.So, no PLm used( in some version the same has happend to the Target man box to iirc)

3. Not playing with Villa any more but Young was marvelous when I played him as a incutting winger but when I wanted to use a more normal ML, running down the flanks and crossing, working hard in defense, he was useless.

Aguero on the right eh... cool, will take your suggestion. Giving him a free role too, I suppose? Oh, have you tried swapping positions between the 2 FCs? I did this in my 2nd match on 442 TopTeam in a friendly, and both Torres and Aguero (and later Cardozo and Fleck) and taking turns putting shots on target and into the net. Could be down to the inferior opposition, will be experimenting this abit.

Thanks for your feedback on Young, in the end I got Angel Di Maria. Hope he turns out well.

hi there,

i have spent some time reading the thread and have decided to give the 4-4-2 No TM a try with my Hereford United team that is now in the Premier League (first season we are avoiding relegation and in 14 with 7 games to go).

anyway my question to TheBetterHalf is that in all the variations of 4-4-2 No TM it seems all of the defenders are on zonal marking. is this correct? do the Opposition Instructions over ride this when tight marking is on. all the midfielders have man marking on as per the descriptions which i understand.

thanks for the help. daz.

hi there,

i have spent some time reading the thread and have decided to give the 4-4-2 No TM a try with my Hereford United team that is now in the Premier League (first season we are avoiding relegation and in 14 with 7 games to go).

anyway my question to TheBetterHalf is that in all the variations of 4-4-2 No TM it seems all of the defenders are on zonal marking. is this correct? do the Opposition Instructions over ride this when tight marking is on. all the midfielders have man marking on as per the descriptions which i understand.

thanks for the help. daz.

Ind-settings overrides team settings.The reason that I ticked the man-marking box and changed some players to playing zonal and not the other way around is to make the user aware of that there are players on man-marking. Unfortunatly, this is not done in all versions/sets, which would have been optimal

Thanks TheBetterHalf, just so im clear. In 4-4-2 No TM - should DC's be on man marking or zonal.

In most cases Opposition Instructions in your tactic say to put on Tight Marking, yet if DC's are on zonal marking in the tactic isn't this just two opposite instructions for the DC? (or can they have tight zonal marking?)

Thanks TheBetterHalf, just so im clear. In 4-4-2 No TM - should DC's be on man marking or zonal.

In most cases Opposition Instructions in your tactic say to put on Tight Marking, yet if DC's are on zonal marking in the tactic isn't this just two opposite instructions for the DC? (or can they have tight zonal marking?)

You can be on tight zonal, the marking settings are correct. The biggest reason why I dont use man-marking on the DC is becasue it gets messed up when facing a team playing with a Lone FC and most users would forget to change it

Back