Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

Cheers man great results with Leeds played 6Matches so far that includes 5-1 Against Fenerbache and 4-0 in the Cup Thanks man

Cheers man great results with Leeds played 6Matches so far that includes 5-1 Against Fenerbache and 4-0 in the Cup Thanks man

thebetterhalf i'm really grateful for yr excellent tactics. thanks to them
i'm currently leading the eredivisie with my almost default ajax. only new faces are: santon, adrien, tuia (not very good) and emir faccioli (a load of
s**t). have played 9 matches, won 8, lost 1 (to feyernoord, the dutch derby). also doing quite well in europe (uefa cup), 5:0 home and 1:0 away
against odense in prel.rnd. and in group stage 2:0 away (maritimo)
and 3:1 home (udinese). at home i mix top notch attack away with
counter. away mostly counter. so if i get some silverware in my first season, i´ll owe it to you and your set of tactics. keep up the good work,
mate!!

Looks good. Also, do not underestimate 7.Defensive when playing at home. It can be a very good version to use when you want to rest some players.It will not score loads of goals but 2-0 is also 3 points

Thank you so much for making these tactics, they have been a godsend for me, I have used them all to test out my Braintree team and they have been a massive help in getting me into the Championship in five seasons, for home games my team seem to work well with the CONTROL formation and away from home the BALANCED set up seems to get the best results, for harder matches home or away OVERLOAD seems to provide some surprise results, managed to get into the 4th round (proper) of the FA Cup beating two Premier League sides using that tactics set. Anyway thank you again for providing such a comprehensive tactical set up :)

feedback on my ajax 1st season campaign: currently in 1st place, after 16 games
14 won, 2 lost (my fault, hate to admit) 37 gls for, 11 against. 11 pts ahead of 2nd.
foll yr advice i just beat PSV (ARCHFOE) 0:2 using defensive tactic. tks a looot!

Hi mate, after a perfect season w/ Monopoli, in the Italian Lega Pro, I'm starting now a new game with A.C. Milan for test yr beta version of the 4321 tactic.

I'll try to give u some advices, and I would start with a first note: the 3 midfields in yr tactic r on the same line, but in Milan tactic there is a playmaker (Pirlo) that plays as MC, between the DCs and the CCs, giving support in the defensive work, and ready to receive the ball for start the offensive actions. I think that the positions of the 3 midfields could be the same of yr 41221.

Let me know what u think, and also how is goin yr work on this tactic.

Cya

_perfido_

II have tried to make a formation like that to work, but have faied due to that the 2 MCs stay to central (DR.DL.DC.DC - DMC-MC.MC - AMC.AMC - FC). So the version that is uploaded is like the one Milan uses in FM09, not irl

If you want, I have a better version of the set. Still, that version does not use a playmaker either.I will upload it later tonight

What doesn't work with the 2 CCs and the 2 AMCs??? I think the prob is connected with this solution, 'cause in yr 41221 the 2 CCs and the AMR+ARL work together.

How can I send u some files??? I have some tactics (also the 4321 with MC as playmaker) that I would like to show u.

_perfido_

Without AMR/L, we lack in wide players. But when playing with 2 MC behind the 2 AMC, they act more as wingers simply because their defence zone is closer to the flank

As for coming in touch with me, just send me a pm containing a Download Link

What do u mean for lack in wide players???

In my version of the 4321 there is an heavy support in the offensive play from the Full Backs (that I prefere could be also MR/L, with good skills in assist and strike), that give assists and goals during the season.

_perfido_

I mean that without AMR MR and in this case where the 2 central midfielders are so central, it can be hard to control the pitch in 2.Control and also hard to defend the flanks in those version that do not use supporting fullbacks( like counter and defensive)

Here u can find the tactics I create for play w/ A.C. Milan, let me know what do u think and if this can help u.

_perfido_

Hey, I am playing wuth west bromich
What tactic you think works best for my team?
thanx

Hey, I am playing with west bromwich
What tactic you think works best for my team?
thanks

It depends. Is it the firs season ?. Is the squad rather weak ?
If the answer is "Yes" to the above then the 4411 would suit best

Last edited:
Its always easier to read the game playing a 442 without target men and/or playmakers so in that sense, the 442 NO TM is a better set.
As for pointers, have a look at the FCright as you might have to tweak his settings to suit your player if he is not up for the Complete FC role.

hi TBH, ok completed half of the 2nd season using 442 noTM. Currently top of the league, but only just. P21 W15 D4 L2. Lost to Chelsea and West Brom(!) away. Out of the League Cup (semi vs Man U).

Some tactical feedback, if you're interested:
- All four midfielders tire easily. By HT, they are down to about 70+% (depending on individual stamina). In most games, I have to tweak the pressing down so that they can last longer.

- Wingers/LB seem to coordinate better compared to the 4231 version.

- Most obvious "flaw", the FCL seems not to be contributing much. He's usually there to pass the ball on, and pretty much nothing else. Occasionally scores a few headers and a couple of screamers from outside the are once in a long while. Compared to the 4231 where every player's contribution is quite significant. I'm currenlt playing Oscar Cardozo in this position.

Well, comparing to the 4231 (which is the main motive of me using the 442, to compare and see the differences, if any), the 442 allows me to control the game slightly better, and when I dominate, I make most of the chances count, hence the more number of wins. However, the tactic do not seem to work well against big four opponents (Man U , Chelsea especially) compared to the 4231. Opposition also seem to be packing their penalty area, leaving alot of my shots bouncing off their players.

Overall, still a superb tactic, no doubt about that. Just that little problem about the FCL not contributing much. Will continue to use it till the end of the season, and see where it gets me. Thanks TBH! ;)

Thank you for the explanation, mate! I applied your tweaks to my current tactic 4132 at Arsenal and it worked very well. Beat chelsea 2-3 at bridge then 2-0 at the emirates. for the latter match, I played 60 minutes with 10 men after gallas was sent off.

my squad:

---------Almunia----------

Sagna-Toure-Gallas-Clichy

-------Montgomery-------

--Denilson-Cesc-Ramsey--

-----------Hulk-----------

I have started a game managing several clubs in the CCC,CCC1 and CCC2,to make a set suitable for teams playing in Lower Divisions.( not in the BSS/N or BSP though, then I have no idea how they will work)
New 442 for lesser teams

As QPR,( in respnde to "Church") I Would probably use this one instead. No Tm or PLM.IN this set, I have left out 4.attack away since its so rarely needed in CCC, CCC1 or CCC2. 5.Balanced is very quick and this version is the one that needs tweaking accordingly to your teams strength. When having better players and/or being regarded as a top team, you could play a bit slower and wider. ( notch 12 on both perhaps).As always, have a look at the marking system( individual settings) so that you get a better understanding on how the set works..

My standard version picking , at the start of the season, would be something like this

When managing a bottom team

• Home: Against bottom teams: Balanced
  • Home - Against middle team: Counter - As they will probly play too attacking against me but without great movement
  • Home - Against Top teams: Defensive - As they will probably play very attacking BUT on the counter

• Away - Against Bottom teams: Balanced
  • Away- Against middle team: Defensive - As they will probably play very attacking BUT on the counter
  • Away - Against Top teams: Counter with heavy OI - As it will be our only chance

When playing with a middle team

• Home: Against bottom teams: Attack
  • Home - Against middle team: Balanced
  • Home - Against Top teams: Counter - - As they will probly play too attacking against me but without great movement

• Away - Against Bottom teams: Defensive( or attack away when implementing that version)
  • Away- Against middle team: Defensive- As they will probably play very attacking BUT on the counter
  • Away - Against Top teams: Counter - Counter with heavy OI - As it will be our only chance

• Home: Against bottom teams: Attack(Overload and Control later in the season)
  • Home - Against middle team: Balanced
  • Home - Against Top teams: Counter - As they will probably play very attacking BUT on the counter

• Away - Against Bottom teams:Balanced
  • Away- Against middle team: Defensive - As they will probably play too attacking BUT on the counter
  • Away - Against Top teams: Defensive or Counter. Using heavy OI

Playing with Underrated teams, underestimated by the Opponent

These hints above are for version picking at the start of the season. Later on in the game, thing become more complex. Its a huge difference playing with gifted players that are heavily underestimated by the Opponent. Here, you can take advantage of that their Fullbacks will be supporting the attacks and the version 6.Counter often destroys the opponent when playing at Home. When playing away, I would actually try 6.Balanced

Playing with over overachievers, Overrated and overestimated by both Media and the Opponents

Of course, the version picking would also have to be very different if playing the opposite scenario, your teams or highly overrated. This often occurs when you have overachieved for some time without strenghtend the team on the way or when playing in CCC with a club or high stature but without significant founds to climb up into the EPL. Here, team will play more defensive against you, almost always with lost of people behind the ball. It can be very difficult to break these teams down and a quick. direct approach, especially on the counter, is almost aways doomed to fail. It is in scenarios like this that 4.Attack away comes in handy. Though this version would require that the pitches and the players can handle a slow, probing but yet attacking game at the same time as the defensive unit now "their positioning"

When multiple, previously fixed, variables change/might have changed at the same time.

This is the hardest of things in FM. When November-February comes along and everything that worked in September now seems to fail.

• Re-ranking - Are you considered a bigger/lesser threat - -This would not only change the way the AI plays against you but also the way you should handle team talks.

• Bad weather, bad pitches - Are we struggling of bad pitches. Should we perhaps be playing more direct. Have the AI changed its style to suit the weather.

• Out of form / Rotating the squad - Are there enough depth in the squad and if so, have you rotated enough. It could be that your players are out of form and just not performing. If your forwards missing a lot of Clear Cut Chances, its often down to either motivating issues or the fact that they are out of form

Will continue on this subject later in in this thread...

There is also a new 4411 http://www.zshare.net/download/60104807ab9f3d44/
The new 4411 is just, in my opinion, slightly better.
It also have the advantage that it can easily be turned into whatever formation you like

A 442

• The AMC becomes FCright
  • The FCC becomes FCleft

A 4231, Balanced and higher

• The Wingers, MR/L are moved into AMR/L

A 41221

• The Wingers, MR/L. becomes MR/L
  • The AMC becomes a deep lying playmaker(using a plm is optional) and moved into DMC

A 41221

• The Wingers, MR/L. becomes MR/L
  • The AMC becomes a deep lying playmaker(using a plm is optional) and moved into DMC
In Counter and Defensive, the MCleft or right could be moved down with him, playing a 42121 instead

A 42211( 2DMC, MR/L, AMC, FC)

• The MCs are moved into DMC, I would also recommend playing slower in almost all versions

A 4321

• The Wingers, MR/L, becomes MCl and MCr
  • The AMC becomes AMCright, The MCleft becomes AMCleft and the MCr becomes MCc

great tactic mate . play with Q.P.R. season 2 ; in the premier league ! after 31 matches i'm in 4th place ! beat chelsea at ther own ground 0-3 , liverpool at home 2-0 . grtz

great tactic mate . play with Q.P.R. season 2 ; in the premier league ! after 31 matches i'm in 4th place ! beat chelsea at ther own ground 0-3 , liverpool at home 2-0 . grtz

What set are you using mate ?. Any recommendations for other users as to version picking against those opponents.

Back