Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

cheers for these tactics, am using the control one alot domanating games but my strikers are donkeys so draw alot of games what i should have killed off...

the away attack has got me some great results at wolves who was top, won 3-0, reading who was 2nd 1-0 win..

cheers again

I have been using the 442 no target man and so far it is 3 wins and 5 draws for Fulham. How long will it take to take full effect?

I have been using the 442 no target man and so far it is 3 wins and 5 draws for Fulham. How long will it take to take full effect?
Well like any season it takes a while for your team to gel so any tactic you use will not be at its best. And your Fulham so no losses in 8 isn't exactly bad.

these do not work with Fenerbahce.
Seriously, that kind of feedback is **** and useless. Why don't they work? Maybe the pack you pick isn't the right style for your team. Is the closing down to high killing your players condition in the Turkish heat? Maybe you just can't use them right?

Last edited:
no I used and tried all of them and even edited them to see if my team was used to somehting else.

It works at home but away its horrible.

I used the tactics for 2 seasons. 1st season I came 4th, 2nd season 5th. Currently using the Manchester United 9.3 tactics and currently in 2nd position at 9-3-0.

Just like to say thanks to thebetterhalf these tactics are awesome using the top team tactics my man city side have already won the league after 32 games and im in the semi final of cham league also won league cup and fa cup, thanks alot mate.

The Top teams tactic works wonders for me! I had been struggling a lot, suffering loads of late equalizers and this tactic came to save the day! Keep up the good work!

i'm using 4-4-2 target man for 6 or 7 seasons with atletico madrid-good results in league(4 3rd places, one time 4th place and once i was winner)
i always use atack home-beat all teams except real madrid and valencia away(on vicente calderon they dont get point :D )

First of all, thanks to TheBetterHalf for the different sets. I used the 4-4-2 Semi target man with my lower league team. Only used 2 tactics, the counter and defensive ones.

I started to use them in Coca Cola League 2 and got promoted to Coca Cola League 1 and then to Coca Cola Championship (every time ending 2nd)

I bought some new players for the championship so they will need time to adjust to the tactic.

But how does the semi target man works ? The box is never ticked but you need to have him in the list.

Is it still adviced to use this set now that I am in championship ?

Thanks

i'm using 4-4-2 target man for 6 or 7 seasons with atletico madrid-good results in league(4 3rd places, one time 4th place and once i was winner)
i always use atack home-beat all teams except real madrid and valencia away(on vicente calderon they dont get point :D )

I think this set might restrict the quality of your team as its a bit one dimensional. My suggestion would be to use the 442 NO TM instead ( or the 442 Top Team)

no I used and tried all of them and even edited them to see if my team was used to somehting else.

It works at home but away its horrible.

I used the tactics for 2 seasons. 1st season I came 4th, 2nd season 5th. .

I think this is were you fail. Using all 8 sets( not to mention the tweaks of the sets) and switching between them over just 2 season will never get your team to settle in with the tactic. It will also be totally impossible for you to learn about the version picking.

The time differs depending on the players at hand but I would say it takes about 1 season for you as a manager to learn about the version picking and how to spot whether problems/solutions are tactical or down to man-management

Last edited:
In this post there is a 442 more suitable for Lower Leagues
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/...reat-results-patch-9-3-t12224/post104429.html

Would you like to explain further ?. Is this a player that works great in the lower leagues with any of my sets ?

Thanks, I will take a closer look to that. No TM in this set, does it means I can play with 2 fast strikers up front ?

I am managing Blyth and the potential rating of my team is 67.07%. The average potential rating of the league is 74%. So I play with a underestimated bottom team.

Thanks, I will take a closer look to that. No TM in this set, does it means I can play with 2 fast strikers up front ?

I am managing Blyth and the potential rating of my team is 67.07%. The average potential rating of the league is 74%. So I play with a underestimated bottom team.

If you have 2 quick Fcs then this IS the set for you :D
I dont think i would call you underestimated though, that would require your players to be considered a lesser threat by media and the AI than they really are( or did I misenterpret you?)

The medias predicted me 24th, and this since a few seasons but I manage to get promoted everytime so I think I am underrated.

hi, i'm using the 41221 dmc playmaker tactic. why is it that sometimes i'm conceding goals, but sometimes i ca pin my opponents back into their own half, dominating possesion?
i'm using barca and i did an experiment, playing against Olympique de Marseille. the first match i had 60++% possesion, with a victory of 3-0. i played another match: leading at half time with 3-1, but they won 4-3 in the end. they did not seem to change their tactics. why i am having such weird results?

and btw, is miguel veloso a good dmc playmaker? thx!

Back