Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

hi, i'm using the 41221 dmc playmaker tactic. why is it that sometimes i'm conceding goals, but sometimes i ca pin my opponents back into their own half, dominating possesion?
i'm using barca and i did an experiment, playing against Olympique de Marseille. the first match i had 60++% possesion, with a victory of 3-0. i played another match: leading at half time with 3-1, but they won 4-3 in the end. they did not seem to change their tactics. why i am having such weird results?

and btw, is miguel veloso a good dmc playmaker? thx!

If you "sometimes" concede lots of goals, its sometimes not tactical but like in the 3-4 game down to man-management, poor teamtalks or lack of motivation.

Veloso would be a brilliant playmaker. The best i have used is DeRossi though (Roma)

u seem to be right. now, morale is high, beat valencia and real madrid 3-0 and 2-0 respectively. tactics working quite good. maybe my team didnt gel together lol. thanks anyway for the tactics. they're great

HELP needed for winning CL!!!

Hello!
I really respect your skill in making tactics and have been using your sets since day one but, have a small problem. I can't be as successful in CL as in domestic. Have trained ManUtd and Barca for, all together, 10 seasons and won 10 domestic leagues and only 1 CL. I used 442 top notch set.
What to do? Always loose in quaterfinals in CL.
Help please!!!!!

Hello!
I really respect your skill in making tactics and have been using your sets since day one but, have a small problem. I can't be as successful in CL as in domestic. Have trained ManUtd and Barca for, all together, 10 seasons and won 10 domestic leagues and only 1 CL. I used 442 top notch set.
What to do? Always loose in quaterfinals in CL.
Help please!!!!!

Could you tell me aout your version picking and player picking in Europe.
Example: If I was playing mostly "Attack home" in the league, I might use 3 attacking minded midfielders out of 4, but when playing much better teams in Europe,were its even harder to win away, I would not only use a more catious tactic but also use only 1 attacking minded midfielder out of 4.

I play counter tactic in 4-4-2 top notch with following players on away matches aginst very good teams ike manutd, real etc. :

GK(Akinfeev)

DR(Cezar Aplic...) DC(Sakho) DC(Chielini) DL(zhirkov)

MR(Messi) MCa(Fabregas) MCd(Toure) ML(A.Sanchez)

FCa(balotelli) FCd(Aguero)

Also, when on domestic matches in CL I play 4-4-2 top notch with balance(better oposition) or control(easy oposition) with almost the sanme team except for MCd (Iniesta)

what formation do you use away from home, can win at home, just away forms not that good

If i play with Aguero and Forlan up front,what set to use 442 NO TM or 442 semi TM?

Thanks so much for all the work you put in fella, getting much improved performance

Brilliant tactic set Betterhalf, thank you, im using top notch team with newcastle won EPL twice in row now with 4 games to spare, now just about to play Real Madrid in cl final.

Which is best set to start game with? Real have a creme de la creme side who won cl 4 times in a row.

Team talk i might go with is 'No pressure enjoy the game'.
I have a great team but real maybe a step to far.....

My team is Carrizzo, Glen Johnson, Fazio(EXCELLENT 21 GOALS FROM CORNERS), steve taylor, monzon, saivet, hamsik, adu, vagner love, agureo, alexis sanchez.
Got a few good subs too
Good line up but good enough to end reals dominance??#

I use attack home at home going to counter for last 20 mins if winning, and away i use attack away mainly beat Valencia and Inter both away playing that way.

Last edited:
I play counter tactic in 4-4-2 top notch with following players on away matches aginst very good teams ike manutd, real etc. :

GK(Akinfeev)

DR(Cezar Aplic...) DC(Sakho) DC(Chielini) DL(zhirkov)

MR(Messi) MCa(Fabregas) MCd(Toure) ML(A.Sanchez)

FCa(balotelli) FCd(Aguero)

Also, when on domestic matches in CL I play 4-4-2 top notch with balance(better oposition) or control(easy oposition) with almost the sanme team except for MCd (Iniesta)

In Europe, I would probably play more cautious in the later stages, vene thinking about using 7.Defensive both home and away. Maybe combining Counter or Balanced with heavy OI on both passers(Cl.Do) and receivers(Ti.Ma) and using

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

If i play with Aguero and Forlan up front,what set to use 442 NO TM or 442 semi TM?

If being A.Madrid, the Semi TM will restrict your players so use the 442 NO Tm or the 442 Top Notch instead

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

what formation do you use away from home, can win at home, just away forms not that good

I mostly use the same formation in all my matches. Sometimes, when using the 4231 NOTM set, I switch to the 4411 when playing hard oppposition away or when Im in a slump of form and want to frind out a few results by packing the midfield

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Brilliant tactic set Betterhalf, thank you, im using top notch team with newcastle won EPL twice in row now with 4 games to spare, now just about to play Real Madrid in cl final.

Which is best set to start game with? Real have a creme de la creme side who won cl 4 times in a row.

Team talk i might go with is 'No pressure enjoy the game'.
I have a great team but real maybe a step to far.....

My team is Carrizzo, Glen Johnson, Fazio(EXCELLENT 21 GOALS FROM CORNERS), steve taylor, monzon, saivet, hamsik, adu, vagner love, agureo, alexis sanchez.
Got a few good subs too
Good line up but good enough to end reals dominance??#

I use attack home at home going to counter for last 20 mins if winning, and away i use attack away mainly beat Valencia and Inter both away playing that way.

Looking good. By the way, have you chagned the conrner settings. I know I have never had any team scoring more than 20 goals form corners, yet alone one single player.

In Europe, I would probably play more cautious in the later stages, vene thinking about using 7.Defensive both home and away. Maybe combining Counter or Balanced with heavy OI on both passers(Cl.Do) and receivers(Ti.Ma) and using

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

If being A.Madrid, the Semi TM will restrict your players so use the 442 NO Tm or the 442 Top Notch instead

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

I mostly use the same formation in all my matches. Sometimes, when using the 4231 NOTM set, I switch to the 4411 when playing hard oppposition away or when Im in a slump of form and want to frind out a few results by packing the midfield

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Looking good. By the way, have you chagned the conrner settings. I know I have never had any team scoring more than 20 goals form corners, yet alone one single player.

Yeah i change the centre halfs, the tallest (fazio) challenge keeper, and the other attack from deep and change challenge keeper on the striker you set to stand on far post, it seems to cause masses of problems from corners. lost count how many times ive hit the bar too!!

Also have all my corner takers in swinging ie Left footer taking them from the right, scored 31 goals from corner so far this season in the premier, 1/3 rd of my overall total.

To everyone who use BetterHalf sets, set your corners so that both DC challenge the oponent's GK in every set(Attack home, balance etc.). Also, if you have FC with high Jumping and Heading(additionaly Strength ) set them also to challenge the GK.

P.S. Thanks BetterHalf, indeed

To everyone who use BetterHalf sets, set your corners so that both DC challenge the oponent's GK in every set(Attack home, balance etc.). Also, if you have FC with high Jumping and Heading(additionaly Strength ) set them also to challenge the GK.

I did that but found the AI set all its tall players back and made it much harder, when i only set 1 tall player on Challenge Keeper and other to attack from deep left more space around keeper for tall player to get at him. AI then marks from deep too not arounnd keeper.

Not saying yours dont work but ive had more sucess my way that setting all to CK.
2O + Goals a season from Centre half proves it.

To be precise, I put only 2 DC to challenge OP GK and 2 FC to stay on far and near post's and each DC has 10 goals per season from corner kicks. So it makes also 20 goals together(10 +10). But your tactic seems logical too I maybe I'll give it a tray.

To be precise, I put only 2 DC to challenge OP GK and 2 FC to stay on far and near post's and each DC has 10 goals per season from corner kicks. So it makes also 20 goals together(10 +10). But your tactic seems logical too I maybe I'll give it a tray.

Seems any CK works though mate, corner system i use does work well even on the bad corners it just seems to cause chaos and end a shot at goal of somekind, make sure you have a good corner taker 15+ is ideal and inswing them. Good luck

Also a guy lurking outside area with good long shooting stats is a plus, he grabs 6-7 goals a season that way after AI has only half cleared the ball. I use Aguero.

Last edited:

Actually, I would strongly advice AGAINST doing so until mastering the version picking