Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

So i created a game and i am all 4 home nations + Rep. Ireland and i have been using it with different sides and found mixed results.

I will start a game as Bolton tonight and let you know how i do with a club side.

It has actually never stoke me to use national sides in testing. In must, despite the lack of matches, be absolute best way as you can pick players freely for the different roles.

Looking forward to your feedback on Bolton. Are you going top try the 4411 ?

The 442 semi-target man works great with celtic.
I won my first game 8-0 lol

The 442 semi-target man works great with celtic.
I won my first game 8-0 lol

In a friendly or in the league ?

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Would it be possible for a moderator to ad an "s" after the word "set" in this threads name, making It " Tactic sets for all teams"..... as it contains more than one.

Cheers

They are on HUB because it slows the game down a bit and some versions it acts like a decoy to draw the opposition on to us. This is also a great pointer as if we using the correct version.If our FBs get closed down very early and we loose possession its time to change to another version were play play more direct( straight towards the goal, not the teams average settings in passing length).

As for the attack away version, here is a qoute from SI, answering the same question

"The reason for me having 7, inlcuding a Attack away, version, is that I want to have 3 version playing with quicker tempo and attack the space that is already there, not caring so much about possessionOverload
  • Attack Home
  • Counter

....and 3 version playing slower, more patient and with more possession, trying to create space by drawing the opposition out of positionControl
  • Control
  • y
  • Defensive

...and with the Balanced version somewhere in-between with a tempo suited for the formation and with all versions being tweaked from that versions. So in some sets, like the 41221, Balanced will be slower, with the consequence that attack Home will be slower than in one of the 442 sets"

Ah I see (i think). So having the attack quite far from the midfield isn't an issue because your attacking quickly behind the defense rather than passing it to feet then looking for a return pass to a midfielder to retain posession.

Ah I see (i think). So having the attack quite far from the midfield isn't an issue because your attacking quickly behind the defense rather than passing it to feet then looking for a return pass to a midfielder to retain posession.

I have edited the post so its looks better, for some reason the "Attack away" was replaced with "y" in the controlling version

Ah ok, I got it backwards. You have greater difference between defenders and attacks in the Possession tactics so there's more space to pull markers out of position and to give your players more time on the ball which suits the slower tempo.

It has actually never stoke me to use national sides in testing. In must, despite the lack of matches, be absolute best way as you can pick players freely for the different roles.

Looking forward to your feedback on Bolton. Are you going top try the 4411 ?

Going to go 4-4-2 with TM

Going to go 4-4-2 with TM

Sounds good. One final hint about the set. Do not underestimate the 4.Attack way when playing at home...and do not underestimate how attacking it is, when playing away. (With a team like Bolton, I think its a no-no away from home but a great home default-tactic)

hi mate, any news about the 4321???

tks for workin' ^^

_perfido_

hi mate, any news about the 4321???

tks for workin' ^^

_perfido_

Like Milan style 4-3-2amc-1 ?. If so, then I have taken a break from that formation. The tactic that I am developing now is a quick 41221 using a target man. When that is finished, it will serve as a base for the "Milan-tactic"

Im trying the 4231 no target man with my city team at the moment, anyone else had success with it? or the version with target man?

Like Milan style 4-3-2amc-1 ?. If so, then I have taken a break from that formation. The tactic that I am developing now is a quick 41221 using a target man. When that is finished, it will serve as a base for the "Milan-tactic"

Exactly, in fact I need it for Milan ^^

at the moment I'm playing with the 41221, but 'cause my wingers r in fact AMC I think a 4321 will be better...

well, I'll wait, tks for work ^^

_perfido_

BetterHalf- fantastic insight and detail- thanks. The key to your tactics seems to be reading the AI and reacting to its changes (which i am rubbish at and find the game v frustrating).

Can u explain how to read the AI and especially when they change tempo or become more attacking/defensive? Watching the full match is obviously a starting point.

Seeing how high their D-line is, i am sure is obvious!

Then do you look at how much they close you down?- if so what does this indicate?

How high up the pitch their wingers/AMC are, short or long passing etc?

ps your individual match analysis for happy hammers was really helpful. if u have more please post. otherwise best of luck with it!!

Just read this. Is it possible to see how high their Dline/What sort of passing style they have is etc?

hi mate, one more check: in the 4231 NO Target Man, the Overload version seems be the "ATBH - 4411 - 1 - OVERLOAD".

_perfido_

In the Attack version i've noticed the DM has attacking mentality where one of the strikers is normal (Diamond formation).

Why's this?

In the Attack version i've noticed the DM has attacking mentality where one of the strikers is normal (Diamond formation).

Why's this?

If you look at all the versions, you will see that the Target Man, in most versions anyway, are deep dropping and that the DMC has a higher mentality than the AMC, to make them play closer together

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

hi mate, one more check: in the 4231 NO Target Man, the Overload version seems be the "ATBH - 4411 - 1 - OVERLOAD".

_perfido_

Yes, they are supposed to be the same, maybe I forgot to rename it to 4231-overload. Just like the SUS version that I have inluded in some sets.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Just read this. Is it possible to see how high their Dline/What sort of passing style they have is etc?

Are you referring to the games that I have played, in the happy hammer project or how to spot this in your game( pregame maybe ) ?

Cheeers man. Howcome there isn't a gap between Defense/Midfield if the DM mentality is high though?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

If you look at all the versions, you will see that the Target Man, in most versions anyway, are deep dropping and that the DMC has a higher mentality than the AMC, to make them play closer together

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Yes, they are supposed to be the same, maybe I forgot to rename it to 4231-overload. Just like the SUS version that I have inluded in some sets.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Are you referring to the games that I have played, in the happy hammer project or how to spot this in your game( pregame maybe ) ?

With regards to the last bit. Both really. I have a scout with 20 tactical knowledge so i can get the size of the pitch but not generally how they'll play with regards to D-line etc. How do you know during the game? All i have to go by is their formation.

Also how did you adapt in your games. Like an example of you starting with a tactic, then the computer using a diff tactic so you switch yours to something else.

Cheeers man. Howcome there isn't a gap between Defense/Midfield if the DM mentality is high though?

Because he is a DMC not a MC. Anyway, gaps in formation, referred to by your ***-man, are not always gaps in reality. Mentality is just one thing, you also have to take closing down, fwruns and d-line into consideration. This means that there can also be gaps without you getting warnings from the assman.
With regards to the last bit. Both really. I have a scout with 20 tactical knowledge so i can get the size of the pitch but not generally how they'll play with regards to D-line etc. How do you know during the game? All i have to go by is their formation.

Also how did you adapt in your games. Like an example of you starting with a tactic, then the computer using a diff tactic so you switch yours to something else.

About the passing:- This is something that the scout sometimes provide you with information about. The same goes for d-line, sometimes the information is there, sometimes not. You can also check in the managers profile, "pressing style". During the game its very obvious how they play so I will not explain about that but the main thing in this discussion is the following......If you are certain how they play, passing, d-line...how will you make this to our advantage ?

How do I use micromanagement in-game. Have a look at the Happy hammer project in the first post. I only use One set, that is I do NOT switch between the 442 and the 41221. But I make changes in-game, switching from Defensive to Balanced, form Counter to Attack Home etc. In most games though, I do this at the end of the game

Last edited:
This tactic is GOOD

but i have a problem, The Target Man, don't score.

My three Target Mans failed to do the job

Oscar Cardozo - 20 goals in 40 matches, 10 goals from corners. Sold after 1 year for 9M

Federico Laurito - 2 goal in 10 matches, he can't speak english and he arrived 4 months ago, so maybe he didn't gell

Santos [Regen] - Regen with 17 finishing, 17 heading, 16 strong, 17 jumping, 15 acceleration, with 18 years, 5 apps, 1 goals, not so bad, but he can't speak english and he arrived with Laurito!

Is this a tactic problem? or my striker isn't gelling?

my Fast striker is a real start, Bojan scored 30 goals from there 1 one season, Balotelli has 7 goals in 10 matches, Pato performed with rating of 5 for about 5 matches, because i got him on free, i sold him to Barcelona for 22M, without goals in first team

This tactic is GOOD

but i have a problem, The Target Man, don't score.

My three Target Mans failed to do the job

Is this a tactic problem? or my striker isn't gelling?

my Fast striker is a real start, Bojan scored 30 goals from there 1 one season, Balotelli has 7 goals in 10 matches, Pato performed with rating of 5 for about 5 matches, because i got him on free, i sold him to Barcelona for 22M, without goals in first team

In this case there is a misunderstanding. The Target mans job, if having a partner up front, is not to score, but to act like a link player and a coordinator up front. The partner is always the main goalscorer
(I take it you are playing with a 442. )

Back