Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

hey thebetterhalf, buddy, what formation wd suit my almost default ajax? only new guys are d.santon (rb/rm), adrien (mc) and tuio (cb). can´t do more with just 5k euros!!

hey thebetterhalf, buddy, what formation wd suit my almost default ajax? only new guys are d.santon (rb/rm), adrien (mc) and tuio (cb). can´t do more with just 5k euros!!

The 442 Top Team or maybe the set i am currently using, The dexription should be exactly like in the 442 top team set.Its a bit easier to use as it does not have a Attack away version
http://www.zshare.net/download/587412123d340f88/
( tweak it only by playing first nocth of Wide in Balanced)

Yo man, got Wycombe promoted to the championship with 112 points with the tactic you suggested. Was at an advantage due to making some good signings but still...worked well for me.

Used the top teams btw, u think i should alter it for the championship where my aims are mid-table

Yo man, got Wycombe promoted to the championship with 112 points with the tactic you suggested. Was at an advantage due to making some good signings but still...worked well for me.

Used the top teams btw, u think i should alter it for the championship where my aims are mid-table

I think you should switch to the set in the post just above yours...and if you feel like adding the attack away version again, then do so by tweaking the top team version of attack away by putting the wingers into MR/L

against big teams

hi the betterhalf, i'm using your top notch at my chelsea and score a lot of goals using cardozo as FCright, but now i'm playing league using hamachi which included 20 teams non-CPU (all the big teams in europe).

just played 4 games..
away sevilla, win 3-0 using attack away
home inter, win 3-0 using attack home
seems good..
but the next 2 games..
away fiorentina, lose 1-0 using attack away
home tottehnam, draw 0-0 using attack home

but in those 4 games my strikers seems to play bad, especially cardozo..
I usually place Lampard as MCright and Essien as MCleft
Anelka as FCleft (pace) and Cardozo (complete)
any tips ?
for attack away should Lampard and Essien change place ?

my player :
cech
bosingwa terry carvalho cole
lampard essien
quaresma malouda
cardozo anelka

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
hi TS, i'm managing liverpool in my first season, downloaded and used the 4-2-3-1 version after my own tactic was giving me mixed/poor results (6W6D1L).

In the first (and so far only) match i played with your tactic, I won 2-1 away to west brom, with quite a number of chances created and only scott carson on form prevented my side from scoring more, which means the tactic is working well (great job there! ;)).

However, i noticed that with this tactic, the 2 CMs are quite attack-minded. Currently i have Mascherano and Xabi Alonso in these positions, with Gerrard as the AMC. I feel that Masch do not have the necessary attacking attributes to excel. What are your recommendations to tweak his position so that he can sit deeper to break up any AI attacks?

. What are your recommendations to tweak his position so that he can sit deeper to break up any AI attacks?

He does that !!. It all depends on what version you are using. Try tempering with things if you like but remember that his mentality slider also have effects on his fwruns, positioning and thereby his closing down

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

hi the betterhalf, i'm using your top notch at my chelsea and score a lot of goals using cardozo as FCright, but now i'm playing league using hamachi which included 20 teams non-CPU (all the big teams in europe).

just played 4 games..
away sevilla, win 3-0 using attack away
home inter, win 3-0 using attack home
seems good..
but the next 2 games..
away fiorentina, lose 1-0 using attack away
home tottehnam, draw 0-0 using attack home

but in those 4 games my strikers seems to play bad, especially cardozo..
I usually place Lampard as MCright and Essien as MCleft
Anelka as FCleft (pace) and Cardozo (complete)
any tips ?
for attack away should Lampard and Essien change place ?
Start with using this on instead as its easier to pick version( its alsmot the same,,,(and Cardozo should be on FCLeft, not FCright).
http://www.zshare.net/download/58816489cab5889e/

Never in the Udinese player instructions inside the read me, it was for a different user,

Lampard as MCright
Essien as MCleft
Anelka as FCright

Also remember to tweak the d-.line in Attack away to suit pitches like Fiorentinas (lower it a bit)

He does that !!. It all depends on what version you are using. Try tempering with things if you like but remember that his mentality slider also have effects on his fwruns, positioning and thereby his closing down

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Start with using this on instead as its easier to pick version( its alsmot the same,,,(and Cardozo should be on FCLeft, not FCright).

Never in the Udinese player instructions inside the read me, it was for a different user,

Lampard as MCright
Essien as MCleft
Anelka as FCright

Also remember to tweak the d-.line in Attack away to suit pitches like Fiorentinas (lower it a bit)

thanks.. tomorrow will be home against sevilla should be ok.. and will post the result..

you rocks

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Lampard as MCright
Essien as MCleft
Anelka as FCright

thanks.. tomorrow will be home against sevilla should be ok.. and will post the result..

oh yes one thing.. our AMR/L no need to cross ball ?

oh yes one thing.. our AMR/L no need to cross ball ?

Not sure what you are asking.Is it any of these ?

Do the AMR/L not need to have good stats in crossing ?
- The players positionined in MR/L needs to have pace and crossing skills

Are the AMR/L( or MR/L) set to cross alot ?
- Yes, in most versions

Just lost 1-2 to Middlesbrough away in the League cup. Once again, decent amount of chances, but not finished. Guess it could be down to me playing my reserve players rather than the tactic, but I did give away 2 FKs at the edge of the box, both of which were scored by Downing.

TS, for a team like mine (liverpool) which 4-2-3-1 version do you suggest using (semi-TM/no-TM)? I have a 3-4 good players (Torres, Gerrard, Masch, Alonso) but rather average wingers (Benayoun, Riera). Although i did buy Sanchez and Saivet, but both are nowhere near the finished product.

Just lost 1-2 to Middlesbrough away in the League cup. Once again, decent amount of chances, but not finished. Guess it could be down to me playing my reserve players rather than the tactic, but I did give away 2 FKs at the edge of the box, both of which were scored by Downing.

TS, for a team like mine (liverpool) which 4-2-3-1 version do you suggest using (semi-TM/no-TM)? I have a 3-4 good players (Torres, Gerrard, Masch, Alonso) but rather average wingers (Benayoun, Riera). Although i did buy Sanchez and Saivet, but both are nowhere near the finished product.

The No Tm, the 4411 or the 41221 playmaker. In any case, Liverpool lack in squad depth and I think you need to spend some cash on players for the season ahead rather than for the future

Not sure what you are asking.Is it any of these ?

Do the AMR/L not need to have good stats in crossing ?
- The players positionined in MR/L needs to have pace and crossing skills

Are the AMR/L( or MR/L) set to cross alot ?
- Yes, in most versions

the second it is.. sorry i asked based on top notch which i see amr/l crossing is set to mix not often.. but the last tactic you gave me tells the winger to cross often

For the strikers I have only drogba,anelka,cardozo, and van persie since the transfer period is finished..
any idea for best couple stikers ?
FCleft = cardozo
FCright = van persie
I really not sure with drogba or I cannot play him well since I played 3 league with chelsea (from the start) and he never plays well

below is current standings of our league

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5411/table1h.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1818/table2w.jpg

Last edited:
For the strikers I have only drogba,anelka,cardozo, and van persie since the transfer period is finished..
any idea for best couple stikers ?
FCleft = cardozo
FCright = van persie
I really not sure with drogba or I cannot play him well since I played 3 league with chelsea (from the start) and he never plays well
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1818/table2w.jpg

Have faith in Drogba as FCleft and play him there( if its really not working, then use Cardozo but DRogba is much better imo)
Use Anelka or RVP as FCright

Have faith in Drogba as FCleft and play him there( if its really not working, then use Cardozo but DRogba is much better imo)
Use Anelka or RVP as FCright

just finsished today's match
chelsea - sevilla (1-1)
van persie missed pen
renato 42'
lampard 80'

cech
quaresma lampard essien(ballack) malouda
van persie(anelka) drogba

chelsea dominate with 14 shots on goal, sevilla only 2 shots
i played drogba 90 minutes and have 1 goal disallowed
bad luck maybe..

next tuesday will be away against inter

just finsished today's match
chelsea - sevilla (1-1)
van persie missed pen
renato 42'
lampard 80'

cech
quaresma lampard essien(ballack) malouda
van persie(anelka) drogba

chelsea dominate with 14 shots on goal, sevilla only 2 shots
i played drogba 90 minutes and have 1 goal disallowed
bad luck maybe..

next tuesday will be away against inter

Did you make any in-game versions changes( and what was your starting version) ?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Wow !!
I just had to post this regen who is my first ever( FM08 or FM09) to come from the own ranks, being this good !! Spanish(born) and English(declared and caped) Nationality

regen.png

Wow !!
I just had to post this regen who is my first ever( FM08 or FM09) to come from the own ranks, being this good !! Spanish(born) and English(declared and caped) Nationality

regen.png

wow, this guy's really sick. good for you, hope he turns out as solid as his stats.

anyway, i need your advise on how to preserve a narrow lead (1-0, 2-0). Just drawn away to Wigan 1-1 (my seventh draw of the season) and with that ends my title challenge (8 points behind Manyoo, argh).

Started out with Control, dominates the game but not having shots on target. Finally scores, and nothing much happens until about the 60th+ minute when the AI start having a spell of dominance, creating many chances. I changed to Counter, but things still did not change. Finally conceded in the last 10 mins.

Such situations occur quite alot. I jave been tweaking the individual Player Instructions to suit my players, and for the FBs/CBs i usually lower the mentality by 2-4 notches. Thing is, many a times the AI formation looks the same, but they start having alot of chances and are attacking. How do I counter this?

Such situations occur quite alot. I have been tweaking the individual Player Instructions to suit my players, and for the FBs/CBs i usually lower the mentality by 2-4 notches. Thing is, many a times the AI formation looks the same, but they start having alot of chances and are attacking. How do I counter this?

I would implement the teaks against the 4-2-4 or attacking AIs a bit ealier when playing away from home.

Close down/ Always on all player WITH the ball( in the build up)

• Fullbacks
  • Central Midfielders
And Tight Mark/Always on all players WITHOUT the ball( in the build up)

• The Wingers
  • The Attackers
If they use a DMC you have to decide what to do. Is he responsible for the build up( close down), or is he a passing option for the FB and MC( the Tight mark, also in tactic by the FC)

You could also start playing man-man marking( specific, by position) all over the pitch.

Also, if not implementing the tweaks above, have a look at their MCright( mostly him, only sometimes the MCleft) and how much further up in the pitch then the ball he is. Use hard tackle and show weaker foot on him if he is very advancing. Also Close down /always on the other MC

Apart from that I do not think I would lower the mentality of the defenders. This would only results in even bigger gaps between our Fbs and Wingers

One last thing.. Often the probelm lies in not being able to score 2-0 when being in charge of the game. Focus on that as well

Did you make any in-game versions changes( and what was your starting version) ?

no.. i saw that my team attacking whole game, and sevilla using counter attack.. i use UDI-attack home whole game, for away against inter and they would attack i predict, should i use udi-attack away and change to counter if they keep attacking ?

the UDI formation is using MR/L and i use winger malouda and quaresma, should i push the position to AMR/L instead ?

no.. i saw that my team attacking whole game, and sevilla using counter attack.. i use UDI-attack home whole game, for away against inter and they would attack i predict, should i use udi-attack away and change to counter if they keep attacking ?

the UDI formation is using MR/L and i use winger malouda and quaresma, should i push the position to AMR/L instead ?

No, you should not temper with he formation/players positions

Against Sevilla, I think you should have switched to Control or Overload when you did jnot get that goal.

Away against Inter, I would probably use defensive or Counter, using heavy OI form the one suggested in the post above yours. Just be careful with the OI if you are playing against another human manager as they tend to switch formation more frequently

Back