Champions league qualification in the bag, and nice looking regens too!
Hopefully you can get feline on loan again

In your first years of playing this save, how defensive / attacking did you play the lower leagues?
Must say i find it epic your in the 5 season, fighting for the CL spots :)
Quite an achivement

In your first years of playing this save, how defensive / attacking did you play the lower leagues?
Must say i find it epic your in the 5 season, fighting for the CL spots :)
Quite an achivement

I tweaked the tactic a few times during the first season but the emphasis was always on attacking football, with short passing and high pressing. Don't think we'll get the CL this season but Europa League would still be a good achievement.

Paris FC
January 2017

View attachment 378964

Fixtures:

View attachment 378968

A bit of a mixed month results wise but I'm pretty happy considering the amount of players that we've had either away on internationals or injured this month. 7 points from the 4 league games and we advance to the 11th round of the Coup de France with an impressive result over OM. However... we did lose in the semi final of the Coup de la Ligue 8-7 on penalties. Our 2nd to 4th choice penalty takers all missed theirs whilst 5th to 10th choice all scored but ultimately our keeper missed his kick which knocked us out. This means we miss out on a clash against PSG in the final:'(

Player of the Month - Nashat Akram

View attachment 378965

The Iraqi international was rotated with Cisse over the course of this busy month and managed a couple of goals from center midfield.

Player Stats:

View attachment 378970

League Table:

View attachment 378971

Still in the CL qualifying spots, but only 6 points separate 2nd and 11th, crazily tight! Not bad when you consider we have the 3rd lowest annual spend on wages...

View attachment 378978

Transfers:

View attachment 378972

2 signings were made to help out the squad. Firstly we brought in Sierra Leone international Rodney Strasser from Inter for a measly 325k, meaning we got our 4 signings this month for less than what we received for Karl Toko, which represents great business for the club. We also brought Cuvillier back on loan to provide cover of the left wing.

View attachment 378973View attachment 378974

We also agreed to sign Spanish playmaker Michel on a free from Seville at the end of the season. A great midfielder who will allow us to move on Akram on and free up a spot for a Non EU player in the squad!

View attachment 378975

Ligue 1 Transfers:

View attachment 378976View attachment 378977

PSG spend £68 million on Lorenzo Criestig and Robert Lewandowski, it is going to be hard to beat them any time soon!

This seems like it's a really long update but I suppose January is just a busy month! Next update will be February with 4 league games, including ties against Monaco and PSG, and our 11th round cup tie.

Paris FC
February 2017

View attachment 379232

Fixtures:

View attachment 379231

A pretty poor month in all honesty. Ok, we did have some hard league fixtures but to not win any of the 4 league games is disappointing. ESTAC Troyes were 18th when we played them and I thought it was a banker at home but it proved not to be. The only positive is that we moved into the Coup de France Quarter Final where we will play Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot.

Player of the Month - Luiz Felipe

View attachment 379233

Another great month from the Brazilian. The only problem is that his contract runs out at the end of the season and I can't get him to sign a new one. I will be gutted to lose him as I think he could become one of, if not the, best center backs in the world. We'll see if we can get him to sign a new deal over the next few months but if not we might have to sell him in the summer:'(

Player Stats:

View attachment 379240

Brazilian striker Paco isn't having the best of first seasons, but I suppose he's only 19 and been playing mostly on the left.

League Table:

View attachment 379241

Dropped a few places but league is still extremely tight!

Next will be a March update, including our youth intake...

Paris FC
March 2017

View attachment 379469

Fixtures:

View attachment 379470

7 points from the 3 league games this month puts an end to our poor league form. If we can continue this form then we may be able to get into Europe, which would be nice for the club.

Player of the Month - Luiz Felipe

View attachment 379473

Still won't sign a new contract... but his performances are amazing as always!

Player Stats:

View attachment 379474

Plenty of good performers and Jean-Baptiste Cisse has far exceeded my expectations this year.

League Table:

View attachment 379475

Sitting in 5th which would get us Europa League qualification depending on cup winners. 4th to 6th get Europa League but it depends on who the winners of the two cup competitions are.

Youth Intake:

View attachment 379476

Another very good intake in my opinion. If they reach their potential, Cesbron and Petit have the potential to be key players in the first team, with Cesbron being a particularly great prospect! Here the two of them are:

View attachment 379478View attachment 379479

View attachment 379480View attachment 379481

Could do with a little more pace but has the base stats of a good poacher!

Next will be an April review with 4 Ligue 1 games and a Coup de France Quarter Final...

Paris FC
April 2017

View attachment 379499

Fixtures:

View attachment 379500

7 points from our 4 league games this month keeps us pushing forward in our push for Europe. We are also now on a 3 game winning streak so we should take plenty of confidence into the last month of the season, where we will play Lille in the Coup de France for a chance to set up a final against neighbours PSG.

Player of the Month - Christian Utaka

View attachment 379502

The Nigerian full back is flourishing with a run in the team now after his injury problems, and averaged 7.7 over this month.

Player Stats:

View attachment 379503

Andre Senghor hit the 25 goal mark during the month which is impressive, however he is 31 so I need Paco or Nasa to step it up in the next couple of seasons.

League Table:

View attachment 379504

Ok... this is going to be very interesting. With Marseille, Toulouse and Bordeaux to play I think it will be a struggle to keep a hold of a Champions League spot but hopefully we can at least get Champions League. However, if we win our Coup de France Semi Final we will qualify for the Europa League through the cup but if we lose then we will have to finish top 5 as Lille will qualify through the cup. So basically, so many scenarios are possible...

Next update will be the month of May, can we make our way into the Coup de France Final and can we hold onto our Champions League qualifying spot?

Paris FC
May 2017

View attachment 379530

Fixtures:

View attachment 379532

Wow, what a crazy month! We started with a 1-0 win in the Coup de France semi final which secured us Europa League football. We then followed this with a 3-0 victory over Toulouse and an incredible 4-0 away victory against 2nd placed Marseille. This meant that if Marseille got beat on the last day and we won we would finish 2nd and go straight into the CL group stages next season. Marseille proceeded to get beat off Evian but we lost at home to already relegated Bordeaux...

Player of the Month - Florent Ogier

View attachment 379531

He's been with us from the start and this month showed us why, a great reliable center back.

Player Stats:

View attachment 379533

League Table:

View attachment 379534

So we finish 3rd and I should be delighted, but I can't help feeling we should have won on the last day and have finished 2nd. The problem now is we have to go through the Champions League best placed Playoff Round where I am pretty sure we won't be seeded and so we'll get a very hard tie. I suppose I should just be happy that we will be playing in the Champions League in just my 6th season in charge though! Also we got a nice £11.98 million for finishing 3rd which more than doubled our bank balance.

Next up is our Coup de France Final against PSG. I must admit I am not confident at all as we have quite a few suspensions and injuries and are extremely struggling for full backs as it stands. Hopefully PSG get a few injuries in their CL final a few days before our game
XD

Coup de France Final

View attachment 379537

Paris FC

View attachment 379535

VS

View attachment 379536

Paris Saint-Germain

Pre-Match:

View attachment 379538View attachment 379539View attachment 379540View attachment 379541

So we'll be playing in front of 79,000 people, a slight increase from the 500 attendances we were playing in front of in our first season. We are also the massive underdogs by the bookies, and obviously that is the case with the stupid amounts of money they have thrown about.

Starting 11's:

View attachment 379544

As I'm writing this as it happens, I can only say their starting 11 is making me feel very apprehensive about this final. A front 4 of Lewandowski, Ozil, Pastore and Lamela could terrorize any defense and our defense is very makeshift today with Ogier having to play right back and Cerielo having to fill in at left back. We are also missing Cisse in center midfield but that is less of a problem as we do have Nashat Akram to fill in.

The Match:

27 - CHANCE - Lewandowski is played in over the top and advances onto a 1 on 1 with Luiz Felipe but the Brazilian pulls off a brilliant save to prevent a PSG opener after a very feisty opening to the game.

45+2 - HALF TIME - Just one chance in the first half which fell to PSG, however Paris FC have slightly edged the possession.

50 - GOAL -
Paris FC take a shock lead in this final as loanee Yannick Ferreira Carrasco runs onto a through ball from Nashat Akram and slots the ball past Victor Valdes, 40 minutes to hold on!
72 - CHANCE - Edison Cavani capitalizes on a mistake in the Paris FC defense to get a clean run and effort on goal, however he could not make it past the big Brazilian Luiz Felipe.

91 - CHANCE -
Paris FC had a brilliant chance to secure the victory, catching PSG on the counter and Andre Senghor really should have buried his 1 on 1 chance.

94 - CHANCE - Lorenzo Creistig headers over from 6 yards out with what should be PSG's final chance in the game.

95 - FULL TIME - Paris FC get their first ever victory over PSG under manager Scott Houghton and what a time to do it, bringing home the Coup de France and adding the first piece of major silverware to the Paris FC trophy cabinet...

View attachment 379549

Next update will be a season review, and what a season it has been for Paris FC!

Paris FC
Season 5 Review - 2016/2017

View attachment 379791

Ligue 1 - 3rd Place (
Champions League Best Placed Playoff Round)

View attachment 379792

Coup de la Ligue - Semi Finals

View attachment 379793

Coup de France - Winners

View attachment 379794

Awards:

Best 11:

View attachment 379795

Fans Player of the Year - Luiz Felipe

View attachment 379796

The best news of this update is I got him to sign a new contract. He's on 33k a week, a LOT of bonuses and has a 'Match highest earner clause (which I hate giving) but I really didn't want to lose him. He averaged 7.94 last season and was only 18, imagine how good he'll be when he's matured...

Top Goalscorer - Andre Senghor

View attachment 379797

29 goals in all competitions saw him win the Ligue 1 African player of the season. He's getting on a little bit so I want my two young regen strikers to start challenging him next season.

Most Improved Players:

View attachment 379799View attachment 379798View attachment 379800

Cisse and Gustavo were key first team players whilst Leray was in the under 19's. I'm not sure whether to send Leray out on loan or not as it seems to have been unproductive for other players I have sent on loan.

Other News:

1) We buy our Stadium and agree expansions to our training and youth facilities. I also unlocked the steam 'full faith' achievement for 90% overall confidence.

View attachment 379801

2) I turn down the Monaco job around about 7 times so far this summer, apparently they don't take no for an answer...

View attachment 379802

3) Our finances are at an all time high, with £20,000,000 in the bank. Whether that will be the case at the end of the transfer window is another story...

View attachment 379803
4) We get invited on a pre-season tour to Belgium as we are apparently popular in the country!

View attachment 379804

Next update will be a season 6 preview, where we will embark on our first European adventure and hopefully push for another top 6 finish in the league.

Wow just wow!.

This is just amazing tbh Scotty :)
Looking forward to the CL story's that are inc., gonna be a joy to read.

You bought the stadium as i remember, how is the progress with expanding?

Kind regards.
Frank

Wow just wow!.

This is just amazing tbh Scotty :)
Looking forward to the CL story's that are inc., gonna be a joy to read.

You bought the stadium as i remember, how is the progress with expanding?

Kind regards.
Frank

Thanks pal!

In regards to the stadium, we completed the purchase of the stadium at the end of the season and as I write (Just before start of the new season), the option to ask for an expansion is greyed out. Not sure if this is because we've just bought it or because it can't be expanded so I think we'll just have to see over the next couple of seasons. Will be interesting to see if my attendances improve this year after last seasons successes though...

Yah its quite fun to follow up on that part as well.
Since its been a huge jump from the national league to now, from the data i've asked for :)

Whats the data on sponsorships, and tv-rights.
They must have been a huge progress as well?

Yah its quite fun to follow up on that part as well.
Since its been a huge jump from the national league to now, from the data i've asked for :)

Whats the data on sponsorships, and tv-rights.
They must have been a huge progress as well?

Yeah there's been jumps in those too. Kit sponsorship is over £1,000,000 a year now but our general sponsorship is only £78,000 a year.

Then the TV deal isn't anywhere near the Premier League but we still get around £12,500,000 a year from that. One other interesting thing to look out for is that the current chairman wants out so we could be in line for a takeover in the near future!

Oh that just sounds awesome, looking forward to see how that turns out.

Are you still playing the 433 tactic, like you started out with?

Oh that just sounds awesome, looking forward to see how that turns out.

Are you still playing the 433 tactic, like you started out with?

Yeah, don't really plan on changing it now. Just a case of trying to get the best possible players for each role within it. Pre-Season update should be up in 10 or 15 minutes :)

FC Paris
Season 6 Preview - 2017/2018

View attachment 379825

Transfers:

View attachment 379830

A very small net spend this year but I'm happy with the business done. 4 free transfers were brought in and they will all be competing for the first team. Michel will battle with Cisse to be the advanced playmaker, Cana is first choice anchor man and our new captain with his excellent mental stats and the two others are players we had on loan from Monaco last year and will battle it out to be first choice right winger! Here they all are...

View attachment 379834View attachment 379835View attachment 379836View attachment 379837

Next up we brought in Franck Tabanou on loan from Monaco to become our first choice left winger. He's a 'leading Ligue 1 player' according to my scouts and we're only paying half of his wages. Hopefully he can add the real quality on the wings we've been missing.

View attachment 379839

Next up we have my two money signings. They are both regens who are great prospects but also can slot in straight away. Mathlouthi is a left back who already has a full Ligue 1 season under his belt at just 19 and despite his average stats, he has good potential and will hopefully become a very good full back. The next player, Cantillana, is a very interesting one as he play both center back and anchor man, and also ball winning midfielder in an emergency. I really don't know which position he will make his own though, so it'll be interesting to see how his season pans out. What do you think? He also fills up my last Non EU spot as I let Akram go for £2,500,000.

View attachment 379843View attachment 379844

Squad:

View attachment 379845View attachment 379846

A nice strong squad to take into what should be a busy season. Only area I feel we may need to improve is our backup right back so we may dip our toes in the transfer market again if the right player becomes available.

First 11:

View attachment 379849

That's my strongest 11 going into the season but I suppose it could change depending on performance. It would be nice to see Paco take Senghor's place at some point this season!

Backup 11:

View attachment 379851

Ligue 1 Transfers:

View attachment 379852

Less money spent by PSG so far so hopefully that means we can close the gap on them this year... I'm not holding my breath though!

Board Expectations:

View attachment 379854

Not much pressure put on us by the board. My own targets though are to finish top 6 in the league, get to a domestic cup semi final and to still be in Europe after Christmas!

Trophee des champions:

View attachment 379858

Another trophy in the bag and another victory over PSG! Ok... it was a penalty shootout win but that still counts!

Champions League Best Placed Playoff Round Draw:

View attachment 379860

The best possible draw I think. We were not seeded so we could have came up against Barcelona, FC Porto, Napoli, Anzhi or Metalist. Luckily we avoided the real European giants and got the tie which will give us the best chance of getting through. Still, Metalist are a strong team and we will have to perform well if we want to get into the group stages. I won't be too distraught if we have to drop into the Europa League but of course we'd prefer Champions League...

Next update will be an August review. Will we make the Champions League group stages and how will we start our third season in Ligue 1?