Terry Stripped of Captaincy

• Thread starter Thread starter Deano
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 10K
It's about time he lost the captaincy. I say Gerrard for captain, England's best player and a born leader. He shows passion and shows up to drugs tests.. Unlike another certain candidate for the job (A)

But then again, he assaulted a man in a bar? I'm just sticking to the speculation around that. I know he didn't do it, i watched the footage. I think he wasn't guilty, but still. Every player has done something in the past. Gerrard isn't all flowers and lollipops. 8-|

Last edited:
The only man who has the credentials to be England Captain without having a dodgy private life is Gareth Barry, it is very tough to find a footballer who hasn't done something bad whether it was exposed or not. I think Capello is being a professional Manager by appointing Rio as he has been vice-captain the whole time.

It's about time he lost the captaincy. I say Gerrard for captain, England's best player and a born leader. He shows passion and shows up to drugs tests.. Unlike another certain candidate for the job (A)

Scott every post you've made so far on here is either an insult or just pointless arguing, who do you think you are? What's worse is that every other comment is from you! Hurt's my eyes, stop it!

well. i think your trying to get a response from me. this time it hasnt worked. so

bye bye

But then again, he assaulted a man in a bar? I'm just sticking to the speculation around that. I know he didn't do it, i watched the footage. I think he wasn't guilty, but still. Every player has done something in the past. Gerrard isn't all flowers and lollipops. 8-|
But if it's proved not to be true on footage, then surely you can't put that against him?

Terry does not deserve to be Captain. There are going to be more stories and scandals coming Terry's way. He has no defence and he knows this. Capello was said to strip him of it especially due to the fact there were more scandals to be published like him touting off his Wembley box.

That means there's only one thing for it..

Make Heskey captain! atleast hes never done anything wrong in his life... apart from play football.

Why did this scandal have to rear it's ugly head now? We're so close to the World Cup, and all this will do is harm our chances in all honesty.

I don't really have an opinion on the decision... I suppose I feel like it wasn't really the right one, as I feel the only person right for the captaincy other than Terry is Beckham. That isn't because I think Terry is a good captain, it's just that he's led the team for a while now, and a shift in the balance like this is likely to cause some shockwaves.

Wasn't there another woman that came out in the Paper today or yesterday saying she had an affair with Terry aswell? For some reason I remember seeing something like it on the news..

Wasn't there another woman that came out in the Paper today or yesterday saying she had an affair with Terry aswell? For some reason I remember seeing something like it on the news..

Either that woman you're on about or Bridges ex bird is gonna sell their story to the magazines. A cool £300,000 too.

Either that woman you're on about or Bridges ex bird is gonna sell their story to the magazines. A cool £300,000 too.
Crazy money.

Does anyone know how this was actually found out? All I know is Terry tried to stop it coming out at the Courts or something, but I don't actually know how it got out.

This Thread is pathetic please someone close before it gets out hand.,

some people who wrote comments on here, does'nt know much about football at all, Rio isnt good enough for england^^^ who ever wrote that needs a slap across there thick head.

I've heard that 'The Sun' have lined up Eight girls who have claimed to of slept with JT, its gonna' be a messy divorce.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

some people who wrote comments on here, does'nt know much about football at all, Rio isnt good enough for england^^^ who ever wrote that needs a slap across there thick head.

Hasn't got out of hand in my opinion, it's being discussed, always a place for healthy banter.

well. i think your trying to get a response from me. this time it hasnt worked. so

bye bye

Yes Scott, because everyone here is out to start an arguement with you :)

Well if this is true then maybe he'll be seeing Tiger Woods soon in *** rehab (H)

Does anyone know how this was actually found out? All I know is Terry tried to stop it coming out at the Courts or something, but I don't actually know how it got out.

This is England, the media know everything.

Last edited:
After some thought i think its best not to give Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney the armsband. I've seen members point this out already in another thread i think it was Jdy? that giving rooney the captains armband could just make things worst cant be bothered to go into detail aswell as lampard and gerrard doesnt look great at the minute aswell.

In this kind of situation its best to give the captaincy to the keeper as its the safest way to approach, put it this way keeper sees everything infront of him and can command his players around and sort out his back line basically everything.

It seems to of calmed down a bit now so isn't any need to close it at the moment.

I've heard that 'The Sun' have lined up Eight girls who have claimed to of slept with JT, its gonna' be a messy divorce.
Ah, hate that. Always girls looking for some recognition in things like this, and money. I bet all 8 of them are talking bull.

As much as I agree about it seems a lot of people don't seem to understand much, I would also say that you are biased in your opinion, and it should therefore be taken with a pinch of salt.

After some thought i think its best not to give Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney the armsband. I've seen members point this out already in another thread i think it was Jdy? that giving rooney the captains armband could just make things worst aswell as lampard and gerrard doesnt look great at the minute aswell.

In this kind of situation its best to give the captaincy to the keeper as its the safest way to approach, put it this way keeper sees everything infront of him and can command his players around and sort out his back line basically everything.
I agree about the Keeper situation, problem is, they James is playing, he won't be the number 1 GK at the WC, Green isn't enough of a leader in my opinion, same as Robinson, I reckon we'll take Joe Hart but he is too young.

But as I said, I don't care who get's it, as long as it gets sorted out quickly and everyone is in a fit state of mind to go to South Africa.

Why do people always ask for a thread to be closed when people start debaiting?!

Everyone has there opinions, and a right to voice them, even if there different from yours.

I don't think you are in a position to judge when you are a Man Utd fan who thinks Quaresma is as good as Ronaldo

Back