Guys i think we should leave the testing process to the tacticians themselves! Otherwise our silly mistakes will creat a lot of confusion and mess.No offence to anyone.

You can see that I always attach game save to test results so anyone can download them and make sure that everything was fair: I save only 1 time after the end of each test.

Any tactician can download the saves that I provide for each test and see what team selection/OIs/Set Pieces takers were used for the test and if he doesn't happy with my choices then he can say me how it should be set and I retest his tactic. :)

Also, TFF showed how random this testing system can be and it isn't enough to test only for 1 season so my test results can be considered as just a "preview" and if the "preview" of some tactic shows some potential then this tactic should be given more tests but I think that everyone should do it on their own because definitely, I don't have time to test each tactic for 10 times or more :)

Last edited:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-complete-433-tactics-fm17.html

There were 2 tactics : 433 and 4231; I tested 433

CMPLT 433 Final

DOWNLOAD GAME SAVE - https://ufile.io/ipmj1

Underdog Test

Points = 197 ; G.D. = -53

CMP1.png

CMP2.png

Last edited:
Great job as usual.

I think's it's incredibly stupid that this game and especially tactics are designed to favor underdog teams. That the very same tactic with very same players against very same (and very good) teams consistently gives worse results just because of higher reputation explains very well what's wrong with this game.

Great job as usual.

I think's it's incredibly stupid that this game and especially tactics are designed to favor underdog teams. That the very same tactic with very same players against very same (and very good) teams consistently gives worse results just because of higher reputation explains very well what's wrong with this game.

Mate, I'm really not sure about calling it "incredibly stupid" :)

Look at Leicester City in real life, when they became Champions they were nobody and other teams didn't take them seriously so it contributed greatly to their success in the season when they became Champions.

And look what happened in the next season when other teams started to take them seriously and prepare much harder for the matches against them… thier results greatly decreased.

The test results clearly shows that when your team has low reputation then AI teams use attacking approaches against you and it much easier to win but when your team has high reputation then AI teams use defensive/counter approaches against you and it's much harder to play against such approaches.

I think that guys from SI try to simulate situation when if you are a "dark horse" then it's always easier to do good than when if your great quality is well known which mean that everyone take you very seriously.

Last edited:
Mate, I'm really not sure about calling it "incredibly stupid" :)

Look at Leicester City in real life, when they became Champions they were nobody and other teams didn't take them seriously so it contributed greatly to their success in the season when they became Champions.

And look what happened in the next season when other teams started to take them seriously and prepare much harder for the matches against them… they result greatly decreased.

The test results clearly shows that when your team has low reputation then AI teams use attacking approaches against you and it much easier to win but when your team has high reputation then AI teams use defensive/counter approaches against you and it's much harder to play against such approaches.

I think that guys from SI try to simulate situation when if you are a "dark horse" then it's always easier to do good than when if your great quality is well known which mean that everyone take you very seriously.

Not sure Leicester is a great example. I think this year they obviously had less motivation, lost a key player in Kanté, and probably most players had some kind of issues with Ranieri - they did play much better and won several games right after they sacked him. In FM world this could have maybe been simulated with morale or complacency issues. In the end there are probably 7-8 teams of higher or much higher quality in that league, the title season was a freak.

What I find stupid is how consistently the underdog/reputation factor has an impact on the tactical aspect of FM. Your testing league features world class teams like Bayern or Barcelona and Madrid, the fact that these teams are consistently more successful against human user when they play more defensively regardless of quality of opponents (same players, same attributes, same tactics; different reputation) seems extremely stupid to me.

What I find stupid is how consistently the underdog/reputation factor has an impact on the tactical aspect of FM. Your testing league features world class teams like Bayern or Barcelona and Madrid, the fact that these teams are consistently more successful against human user when they play more defensively regardless of quality of opponents (same players, same attributes, same tactics; different reputation) seems extremely stupid to me.

With that I agree

It really doesn't look right that AI's defensive approaches are clearly better than AI's attacking approaches.

Last edited:
Other tacticians changed roles after Knap's goodbye reached the top of Mr. L's tactic testing league. (one and only fair results)

So after this move I don't need to test any tactic.

Guys i think we should leave the testing process to the tacticians themselves! Otherwise our silly mistakes will creat a lot of confusion and mess.No offence to anyone.

Can anyone test widetargetkillsit and cutthroat? Both are on this site. I had fun making/using them.

am impressed how 'tactic testing' threads making people to fight and argue. ALWAYS.
take it easy, the best tactic is not this one which gonna take the first place in some tests, the best one is this one which works for u, even if nobody else got successes with it. end of story.
there is no sense to arguing and fighting each other about what is better or the best - those 'tactic threads' suppose to give u just a simple advice, a tip what to try in ur next save, eventually. but if something is working for u, even if it sucks in any tests, just stick to it and enjoy, instead of trying to convince others that it's much better than anything else.
peace lads :).

Last edited:
Hey tff i need an answer to one of my questions plzz,so what u mean is u will struggle with underdogs next season ryt?So suppose i want to make a relegation contender into a regular champions league playing side how will i do it knowing that i will do good in first season and struggle afterwards???if u can answer i will be very happy thnx anyway

First guys I wanted to say it is great you are testing tactics but there really isn't point in doing it if there is no table. in few days there will be 20 30 pages who will look in all of them.

and second these are some really ugly looking tactics. I have to say if I have to play with some of these I am done with FM. I dont judge them how they work but not having striker well there really is no point in playing.

I dont have anything against variety but this year all tactics are with three defenders and strike-less. I use Knap's Raw Sienna 4-2-3-1 and with average players it does wonders. I dont think it is good as these are but you have almost all positions so you can use most players.

of course that is only my opinion. cant stand when I have to change players positions and be without strikers. give us strikers! one or two strikers I hate three as well :)

LOOL :) My result for Demolisher Strikerless V13 is even better than the best result that TFF posted for it at the OP

I see at the OP that the best result for Strikerless V13 in Underdog save 339 points and I got 341 in my test :p

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/365086-demolisher.html

Demolisher (Strikerless ) V13

DOWNLOAD GAME SAVE - https://ufile.io/nig8o

Underdog Test

Points = 341 ; G.D. = + 182

Dem_Stl2.png

Dem_Stl1.png

Hello eveybody,

If i understand all of results, for this moment, the best tactic is demolisher v13 (who has the best tests score) ?

Thkx

I have exactly the same views about religion :D
am impressed how 'tactic testing' threads making people to fight and argue. ALWAYS.
take it easy, the best tactic is not this one which gonna take the first place in some tests, the best one is this one which works for u, even if nobody else got successes with it. end of story.
there is no sense to arguing and fighting each other about what is better or the best - those 'tactic threads' suppose to give u just a simple advice, a tip what to try in ur next save, eventually. but if something is working for u, even if it sucks in any tests, just stick to it and enjoy, instead of trying to convince others that it's much better than anything else.
peace lads :).