btw any training/match prep in particular you use for your tactics? Not up on this area

btw any training/match prep in particular you use for your tactics? Not up on this area

That's more down to preferences. If wanting to build a team " the old Mou way", then he focused more on Tactics and Physic with Defensive positioning as math prep. " The new Mou" would be Tactics and Ball Contol with " attacking movement" as match prep.
Its naturally also depending on where you see your best chances. Is it by breaking up attacks and exploit space or by creating space.

When two training like tactics and ball controll do you swap between the two or have I missed something where you can have 2 training slots?

4-5-1 asymetric.when we are down to ten man which player we replace?for the attacking version.thanks.

TBH. Any opinions on how one would go about implementing the roles Suarez and Sturridge have in real life into the game? Where one drops off and the other becomes the main striker - though they both take it in turns on their respective side. If at all possible I would like to try and get it to operate like this as opposed to having them swap positions or have one set to drop deep and one set to advance.

The best I could come up with in my short time with the tactic is 2 False Nines w/ 'Roam from Positions' as an instruction. I works some of the time although I feel like they are both naturally sitting too deep in general play for this to work like it does in real life. Usually resulting in plenty of long shots and mazy dribbles from my Strikers.

4-5-1 asymetric.when we are down to ten man which player we replace?for the attacking version.thanks.
Totally depends on the score, how long it is left and your strategy ( attack, standard , counter) along with your ambitions with the game. But, in generall, I usually push up the DL into WBL, switch places for the MC an DMC, pull the the FC into FCright with the AMc as AMCleft and take of the AML

hey TBH Haven't got the game yet, but have been doing some extensive research into player roles, instructions etc..., but anyways I usually start a save with my team Stoke, and I was wondering how best to utilise a target man winger (Arnautovic in my case), in the way that Egil Olsen did? e.g. I want Arnautovic to be heading the ball into the channels for my striker or to my amc. However I want this to be an effective way of creating space? :)

hey TBH Haven't got the game yet, but have been doing some extensive research into player roles, instructions etc..., but anyways I usually start a save with my team Stoke, and I was wondering how best to utilise a target man winger (Arnautovic in my case), in the way that Egil Olsen did? e.g. I want Arnautovic to be heading the ball into the channels for my striker or to my amc. However I want this to be an effective way of creating space? :)

Passing more direct will make more deliveries onto his head. Making sure he is on support will see him be deeper more often. Letting HIM play more narrow will se him be better connected with the AMC and FC. Having the AMC as a shadow striker and the FC as an false nine will be a good complement

Last edited:
Passing more direct will make more deliveries onto his head. Making sure he is on support will see him be deeper more often. Letting HIM play more narrow will se him be better connected with the AMC and FC. Having the AMC as a shadow striker and the FC as an false nine will be a good complement
Cheers was thinking of the F9 myself, need to find a player who fits that role though, so I'm thinking of a lopsided 4-2-3-1 deep, with.....
Begovic-GK
Cameron-CWB(attack) Huth-Cb(Cover) Shawcross-Cb(cover) Pieters-Fb(Support)
N'zonzi-Dlp(defend) Whelan-Bwm(defend)

Assaidi-WM(attack)

Arnautovic-TargetManWinger(support) Ireland-SS(support)
Walters-F9(attack)

I ask for your help here, as I am unsure what roles to give the DMC's? Ireland will as an AMCL and Walters as an STR :)

Hi TBH, trying to use the Dep 4231 Counter. You mention that it's alike to the split 451. Do you mean how it plays in general or that we should set it up with 3 seperate playing mentalities. i.e as well as Counter should we do a control and standard version? so to have 3 in total or would changing the mentality break this tactic as in relies on Counter. Hope that makes sense? The reason I ask this is that if I go a goal down... what do I do as being on Counter appears to be too defensive if i'm losing as the leading team seem happy to sit back and I have nothing to counter attack...

Hi TBH, trying to use the Dep 4231 Counter. You mention that it's alike to the split 451. Do you mean how it plays in general or that we should set it up with 3 seperate playing mentalities. i.e as well as Counter should we do a control and standard version? so to have 3 in total or would changing the mentality break this tactic as in relies on Counter. Hope that makes sense? The reason I ask this is that if I go a goal down... what do I do as being on Counter appears to be too defensive if i'm losing as the leading team seem happy to sit back and I have nothing to counter attack...

its similar since its uses the same "split" approach,the different flanks being used to provide different dimensions. When the game is released, I will make suggestions to each and every formation as how to play more attacking/defensive

Cheers was thinking of the F9 myself, need to find a player who fits that role though, so I'm thinking of a lopsided 4-2-3-1 deep, with.....
Begovic-GK
Cameron-CWB(attack) Huth-Cb(Cover) Shawcross-Cb(cover) Pieters-Fb(Support)
N'zonzi-Dlp(defend) Whelan-Bwm(defend)

Assaidi-WM(attack)

Arnautovic-TargetManWinger(support) Ireland-SS(support)
Walters-F9(attack)

I ask for your help here, as I am unsure what roles to give the DMC's? Ireland will as an AMCL and Walters as an STR :)

I think it will become clearer once you have the game :)

ahh ok, will let you know how it goes, KUTGW great thread you've got here, really helpful

Thanks. Once the game is out and the worst issues have been sorted, I will present some more ideas.

Hi i use the deep 4-2-3-1 counter but i don't know what to use as preparation and training ?

I think I read in another thread that you've been playing one as Arsenal?

How did you play Ozil? Can't seem to get him playing well? Averaging under 7.0 ratings and not getting many assists etc

Im working with roma and my attempts at your deep counter tactic

idont have a winger that fits the wide target man role how should i go change this?