Something like that. The most vital thing though is that you initially dont give too man individual instructiosn to the players ( or the team). If you do, you will get too one-dimensional. Its better to restrict yourself to a few key once and then add and remove some instructions as you go along.This way, its easier to see what to change, essier to spot flaws and single out the dominante varibable, the cause

Also, notice that I hav only looked at your approach and not if it suits your players
Thanks just finished 1st game after making these changes you suggested. Won 6-0, had alot more shots/CCCs and had higher possetion rate.

Also, have a look* at this Counter** approach regarding having players linking up with each other and moving into space.

I have only used it for 45 minutes so far.
View attachment 463405

*as inspiration
** the tactic file is called Standard becasue it my "normal" approach
EDIT:Ended 0-5. Giroud 3 goals, Miyaichi(!!) 2 goals as AML and Ox one as AMR. Ox assiting to 2 goals, Sagna one, gibbs one and Rosisky(AMC) one

Last edited:
Also, have a look* at this Counter** approach regarding having players linking up with each other and moving into space.

I have only used it for 45 minutes so far.
View attachment 398510

*as inspiration
** the tactic file is called Standard becasue it my "normal" approach
EDIT:Ended 0-5. Giroud 3 goals, Miyaichi(!!) 2 goals as AML and Ox one as AMR. Ox assiting to 2 goals, Sagna one, gibbs one and Rosisky(AMC) one

TBH...I tried this tactic cause it seems to fit my team better. My first game I played with it was at home. I was up 2-0 at HT and seemed to be playing well. In the 2nd half the opponent was just pinning me in my own half. I couldn't get out. I tried taking out a couple tired legs to see if that would make a difference but to no avail. Game finished 2-2. Any advice on what to do in that case?

Hi TBH,

May I ask did you use Arsenal as your test team when re-creating your Split 451? If so, who do you use on the right wing as defensive winger?

Will you be recreating your "The Different 4231"? I cant wait to test it on Arsenal.:D

TBH...I tried this tactic cause it seems to fit my team better. My first game I played with it was at home. I was up 2-0 at HT and seemed to be playing well. In the 2nd half the opponent was just pinning me in my own half. I couldn't get out. I tried taking out a couple tired legs to see if that would make a difference but to no avail. Game finished 2-2. Any advice on what to do in that case?

I would probably had changed from Counter to Standard along with getting stuck in.

Hi TBH,

May I ask did you use Arsenal as your test team when re-creating your Split 451? If so, who do you use on the right wing as defensive winger?

Will you be recreating your "The Different 4231"? I cant wait to test it on Arsenal.:D

I have been rotating the squad so both Arteta and The Ox have been used here.
When the full getting is out, I Will make lots of "4231" where one can pick 3 versions.

Deep 4231

A Split Symmetrical Counter approach

This tactic IS actually uploaded as an atatchment at the bottom of this post

ctl7.png

This approach is rather similar to my SPLIT 451 but here, we use a symmetrical formation.

In this man version presented, we play on the break. Whilst trying to keep possession and play compact, denying space between our 3 blocks, we still try more risky passes and utilize more width when attacking

The Defense
Looking at the Defense, it?s pretty straight forward and the only thing I would recommend tweaking is the stopper/cover roles. When up against formations using a single FC, it?s a great choice but as soon as the opponents play with 2 FC or even worse, with an AMC behind them, it?s better to use either both players on Cover or both on
Stopper

We use a Ballplaying DC, one Central Defender, one Fullback on support and one the right flank, a much more adventures and attacking Fullback. Like in the screen beneath, he provides wide both with and without the ball and burst forward
View attachment 463316

The Central Midfield
Here, we sit with one Deep Playmaker on a defend duties. He is setup to play a more direct game and to close down further up in the pitch.
View attachment 463315
On the left side, we have a Ballwinner on support that gets forward more often and keep a shorter passing game can connect better with the players around him, actually letting the Playmaker hit those t-balls. This way, he can concentrate on getting forward and provide movement instead of getting isolated form the match after having played a more direct ball from deep.
View attachment 463314

The Front 4

Here, we sit with an AMC on support that have been given the orders to roam and find free space. Within this, he is told to act like a mobile linkman by reducing his risky passes, letting him hold up the ball, move with it and keep a shorter passing game, all this to able his teammates to get into good positions.
View attachment 463313

The FC is a False nine and he is also told to roam and keep a shorter passing game,. He often links yup with the AMC and drags the DC?s out of position before getting back into the area
View attachment 463312

Out on the right flank, we have a defensive winger that holds his ground. Now, don?t be fooled by the labeled Defensive Winger?. It basically means that he puts in more effort for the team. This player should have great movement and crossing.
View attachment 463311

ON the left flank, we use a Wide Target Man. He should be a mobile and strong( agility is important) player. He cuts inside and roams from this position when seeing fit.
View attachment 463310

Suggestion asked

Hello there,

first of all, sorry for my bad english, and second I'm sorry for posting it here, but where else?

I tried to recreate the Conte's Juventus 3-5-2 system, with high posession, lot of passes, and all members are both attack, and defend.

here is the formation, and the team instructions.
View attachment 463228View attachment 463227

For player instructions, I use only the following.

Goalkeeper - Distribute to defenders, Pass it shorter.
the wing backs - Shoot less often, Stay wider
Adnvanced playmaker - Dribble less, More direct Passes (both of the player here, is good at passing 15+, and creativity 14+)

Any suggestions, how I can make it smoother? Sometimes i feel, that we get posession, but could'nt get enough chances. And also we hit so many dangoures counters. I'd like to make it better, but I stucked here.

Thanks your reply in advence

Csaba

Hello there,

first of all, sorry for my bad english, and second I'm sorry for posting it here, but where else?

I tried to recreate the Conte's Juventus 3-5-2 system, with high posession, lot of passes, and all members are both attack, and defend.

here is the formation, and the team instructions.
View attachment 399287View attachment 399288

For player instructions, I use only the following.

Goalkeeper - Distribute to defenders, Pass it shorter.
the wing backs - Shoot less often, Stay wider
Adnvanced playmaker - Dribble less, More direct Passes (both of the player here, is good at passing 15+, and creativity 14+)

Any suggestions, how I can make it smoother? Sometimes i feel, that we get posession, but could'nt get enough chances. And also we hit so many dangoures counters. I'd like to make it better, but I stucked here.

Thanks your reply in advence

Csaba

Seing that yuou have the " play out of defence", yuou will risk the 3 DCs passing the ball amongst them too much whilst the Wingbacks, Adv playmaker and the FCs tacdke their runs without you being abl to benft from their movement and the space their create. Why not just start by removing that instuction and take it from there.

Hi been using your 2 versions of the 4231 deep and my 4231 deep with the suggestions you made and just thought would post my results so far. Thanks again for your help:)View attachment 399291

My 2 versions should be the same ( just corrected the name of it though). Would you mind upload your attacking version and if it works good, lets put in the opening post as well

My 2 versions should be the same ( just corrected the name of it though). Would you mind upload your attacking version and if it works good, lets put in the opening post as well
Ok just few more tweaks. And how you upload the tactic?

Seing that yuou have the " play out of defence", yuou will risk the 3 DCs passing the ball amongst them too much whilst the Wingbacks, Adv playmaker and the FCs tacdke their runs without you being abl to benft from their movement and the space their create. Why not just start by removing that instuction and take it from there.

Thanks. I will give it a try. What do you think about Run at defence, when drawing against a weaker team, who plays defence against me.

Thanks. I will give it a try. What do you think about Run at defence, when drawing against a weaker team, who plays defence against me.

Not as a standard instruction. This only maked the player/players try to bat their man WITH th ball, dribbing. As the ball travels faster than a player, let the ball do the work instad to stretch these compact and defensive tams ( i., better to use "play through defence". In a tam like Barca, facing teams sitting deep every week, there are really only one players that dribbles, and that is Messi and he does not do that ( very often) from a position far away from where he is going to shot.

Restarted my Liverpool save and decided to really try and implement Brendan Rodgers' system into the game. So far I have gone with 2 variations (Home & Away) of a 3412.

Home:
View attachment 463217
Away:
View attachment 463216

I'm undecided on how to use the 2 strikers, either in a fashion similar to the way BR does (take it in turns sitting deep/making runs - which so far seems to be impossible to do it perfectly) or just alter it so it plays out better in game.

And also not completely sure on the Libero/Half Back front. So far I've used a Libero when they have 2 in midfield, and used the HB when they play 3. Making sure I always out number them in midfield.

Thus far I've only used this in one competitive match. Being Everton @Home:
View attachment 463215
We won 3-0 and dominated the match where we needed to - in the centre. Everton never actually had a shot until after the 76th minute. With their only relevant chances (1 CCC + 1 HC) coming in the 90th minute. I attribute this to both Everton playing as offensively as they could, and my teams lack of match fitness (ended the match with 4/5 players under 70% fitness. And also had to take Johnson and Gerrard off due to them being tired.

It's only one game though and I'm expecting harder matches in future considering the lack of fight from Everton this match.

Thx a lot. Your last suggestion, than i should tick out play through defense, was the last piece of the puzzle. From there, I played 3 matches, all I dominated, made at least 3 CCC's/patch, and won't conceding a goal. my posession is still at least 59%. Thank you again.

I can't seem to find the split 451 tactic download??
Correct.I just noticed I forgot to upload that version. Unless you want to wait until tomorrow evening, you can set it up in 5 minutes as all the info is in the post.