Yessssss! Finally made it through this all again haha! Been reading twenty-two pages for the past two days and been meaning to read it for the past two weekss!! Been to busy with my own story and playing the same amongst other things. Glad to have caught up now though and I'm looking forward to being a regular reader and being able to comment on your progress as it happens. You've done well so far(what's up with that?) and I must admit I'm a tad gutted you've left MK Dons as I was enjoying your progress with them. Glad it's to America though as I was happy to see that link whereas I didn't want you to go to the land of OZ!

Really looking forward to seeing how you get on in the states. I did a few seasons with new York red bulls in a pentagon save a few versions back. Just wait till the draft comes around.

Thanks very much 1magine! That's some staying power! Cheers for stick with me, I have absolutely no idea how things are actually going so well but I'm not going to waste any time trying to find out what I've started to do right! I was also slightly disappointed to leave the beautiful surroundings of Milton Keynes but at least it is some comfortable progress!

Thanks yescomeon!, how did you find it. So far I already feel well out of my depth!

June 2022

Jun22-z.png

25th June 2022
US Open Cup - 4th Round

LHU22-a.png

The US Open Cup is the oldest Cup competition in the country and suitably set the scene for one of the newest rivalries as two clubs from the Big Apple go toe to toe. With pride at stake, my debut with the disappointingly named "Pigeons" saw us claim bragging rights with a comfortable, Sagna inspired victory getting things off to an impressive start.

29th June 2022
US Open Cup - 5th Round

LHU22-b.png

The on-loan French striker continues to showcase his talents as he rattles in a hat-trick to send us into the next round of the competition in impressive style. With Philadelphia currently ahead of us in the League standings its becoming rather confusing as to how the richest club in the country has managed to fall so low. Time for me to carry this form into the MLS.

A Tidy start to life in the States.

Having had a comfortable start to life with the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup, it's time to up the pace as I make my bow in the MLS next month.

Last edited:
nice change of pace going to America, I've been meaning to do a save in America so will see how yours go before I attempt it!

I have been tempted to do a "yes man" challenge after reading yours. essentially agreeing to any job offer...no matter if it's a step up or down...

Good luck in 'merica mate! Should be good however I cant stand the country rules wise

The leagues are basically: two conferences, teams play against each other twice in some and three times in others, but no idea how. First you get one of the title, I don't remember which was which and I'm too lazy to scroll up and check, if at the end of the regular season you are top of the combined table. From there you go into a play off for the other title, first you get one from a conference from a play off among their teams, another from the other conference from a play off of its teams and the winner of each conference play each other for the final title, which I think is the Cup thing. Both titles I think grant you access to the American version of the Champions League.

Nice start mate! that wage cap is **** though!!! lets hope you can get notice by the big teams with all the things trump has in place

I enjoyed it I seem to recall, it was pretty easy domestically. Pretty mediocre players in Europe can do a good job over there, Ched Evans (this was a while a go now mind) led the line for me and scored a lot. Left for Mexico as the Mexican teams kept beating me in the Champions League. If I recall correctly there is no youth intake, you take it in turns to pick players in a draft, the best team goes last, but as part of transfers you can trade draft picks. It's an absolute clusterfuck, but I think you can do an auto pick or leave it to your assistant.

that draft thing sounds pretty decent! let us know if it is that way mate

I was quietly surprised however I'm slightly less keen to try my luck in the MLS...

You must be desperate if you are going to judge it on me Naterr. I'm easily confused and genuinely useless at this game! Do it, would be good to see someone who is actually good at this do it some justice!

On face value I completely agree Dan! Hopefully it's just a matter of breaking through.

Thanks alot Battman!

God Bless you DeathBall. You have just become my user manual for America. Completley forgot about the American Champions League, that would do the CV some good!

Cheers Wanderer, I completely agree. Was rather disappointed given that this club is absolutely loaded! At least I can waste it all on three gloriously over-paid designated players!

Thanks yescomeon. Think I'll definitely be raiding Europe as soon as the window opens...perhaps not for Ched Evans. I've had a brief look at the draft thing as it completely threw me but I think you've hit the nail on the head...I'm still sending the assistant though!

I'll keep you posted! Prepare to be disappointed!

July 2022

Jul22-z.png

6th July 2022
MLS

Jul22-a.png

Having quickly asserted myself in The Big Apple with a debut victory over Cosmos in the US Open Cup, I swaggered my way into The Red Bull Arena keen to cement my place as the Footballing Maestro in The Empire State... It didn't exactly go to plan. My MLS debut ends in a humiliating Hudson Derby defeat as the table topping Red Bulls condemn the new boys to another convincing defeat.

9th July 2022
MLS

Jul22-b.png

Things didn't exactly improve in the next game either. The free-scoring club I took over in the Cup just last month seems to have all but disappeared in the League as Chicago Fire control a decidedly boring game of football with just one solitary goal late into the first half proving to be enough to drop heads and ensure another loss for the club rooted at the bottom of the table.

16th July 2022
MLS

Jul22-c.png

A much welcome point has me finally get off the mark in Major League Soccer as on-loan striker Abdoul Sagna nets a brace to bring us back into the game at The Yankee Stadium in an intense battle against United. Despite having Afro-haired midfield general, Axel Witsel in their ranks the mid-table club could only watch helplessly as they let the points slip out their hands.

20th July
US Open Cup - Quarter Final

LHU22-c.png

Our fellow MLS opponents seemed nervous in front of their expectant home-crowd with the game only bursting into life within the final Twenty minutes. Having pulled our way back into the game with a late Sagna equalizer we seemed set for more cup glory until Columbus rallied with the final kick of the game to dump us out of the competition in brutal style.

23rd July 2022
MLS

Jul22-d.png

New York is mine! In less then convincing fashion we take quick advantage of the MLS's insane scheduling to claim quick revenge over cross-town rivals, New York Red Bulls. Having kept up with the League leader's intimidating pace, it took a deflected own-goal to give City their deserved break through which we clung on to with grim determination.

30th July 2022
MLS

Jul22-e.png

We round off my first taste of life in the world of "Soccer" with a hard-earned point against Orlando City. With Kaka long gone the The Lions have turned to fellow Brazilian, Luiz Gustavo. The Bundesliga hero grafted hard for his team with two well worked assists keeping them in the game despite Sagna's continued efforts.

July 2022
MLS - Eastern Conference
Jul22.png

July 2022
MLS Supporters Shield

Jul22-1.png

Having ended the month on the back of three game unbeaten streak, all be it a decidedly weak one, I have already made an impact with The Pigeons. However I'm not sure I can take much of the credit as a completely hapless Montreal Impact struggle their way to just two points last month to kindly prop us off the bottom already. American hospitality at it's finest.

Impact, Fire, Revolution, Galaxy, Earthquakes, Rapids....and Pigeons. It's the only nickname I've found for the club not exactly the most gung-ho Murican name in the world is it? There is however one dedicated fan who goes to every game as a giant Pigeon so...yeah.

August 2022

Aug22-z.png

13th August 2022
MLS

Aug22-a.png

With the Leagues across Europe now back up to speed, we take inspiration from two of our very own talents from across the Atlantic as the unstoppable French striker, Abdoul Sagna and son of French legend, Zidane combine to see us easily past bottom of the table Montreal. The Canadians are certainly making hard work of life across the border.

20th August 2022
MLS

Aug22-b.png

On the back of our comfortable victory over Impact, we go toe to toe with D.C United and are quickly slapped back down to reality. The club from the capital showed little restraint as they picked us apart despite our early goal, with physio-room veteran and part-time striker Daniel Sturridge rounding off the result with an impressive third goal.

27th August 2022
MLS

Aug22-c.png

Our European duo once again combine to give us a sign of intent late into the season as they manage to keep us in the running against a determined New England. Having twice gone into the lead it seemed The Revolution were about to condemn us to back to back defeats but free-scoring loanee Abdoul Sagna had the final say dragging us back into the game with ten minutes remaining.

August 2022
MLS - Eastern Conference

Aug22.png

August 2022
MLS - Supporters Shield

Aug22-1.png

With the boys losing just the one solitary game in a short month of football, we have actually managed to climb a place in the Supporters Shield as lowly Western Conference side, Minnesota push us further away from complete humiliation. So generous. With just two months remaining, it seems our end of season goals will simply be to maintain our currents standings. Massive goals!

Definitely a weird one! Zidane is a good player to have and the striker Sagna seems to be good as well! Bit surprised to see Sturridge's name there tbh.. There's always time for goals next season haha :p

Sturridge in America?? WTF! what wages is he on? is he prolific? Come on mate finish strong! your home form is looking ok

Everything is bizarre! I'm impressed with both of them to be honest! So was I, apparently his star has certainly fallen quite far.

He is actually earning just over £92,000 a week. Given some of the wages in Europe he's slipped a little. Hardly but then again it seems everyone in America is struggling to lay down any form. Cheers Wanderer!

September 2022

Sep22-z.png

2rd September 2022
MLS

Sep22-a.png

The Penultimate month of the season kicks off in fantastic style as we cruise our way past some more lock Canucks in the shape of Toronoto. Another convincing performance from Abdoul Sagna continues to keep the on loan striker at the forefront of the race for the Golden Boot, with the Montpelier whiz kid dragging his adopted club up with him.

10th September 2022
MLS

Sep22-b.png

The Twenty-One is quickly developing into one of the finest finishers in the country and has already been ear-marked as one of the clubs future designated players for next season. With another point winning brace helping the club to come from behind against an impressive Chicago Fire, we are surely in for a race to sign him permanently to the club.

17th September 2022
MLS

Sep22-c.png

The boy can't help it! With just seconds remaining on the clock it seemed we were headed for a disappointing goal-less draw but in the home of both Rocky and The Fresh Prince, Sagna ensured he would continue his own impressive American legacy as he fires in a late duo of goals to continue our impressive late form. Unfortunately however one man would not be with us to round the season off...

Sep22-21st.png

24th September 2022
MLS

Sep22-d.png

With Enzo's foot now apparently hanging on by a thread, the club rolled out against Western Conference side, Houston Dynamo. In another bizarre move from the world of "Soccer", The two conferences meet ten times every season, made slightly more bizarre given there's eleven teams in the leagues. Without our Algerian powerhouse we struggled our way to a respectable one goal draw.

September 2022
MLS - Eastern Conference

Sep22.png

September 2022
MLS - Supporters Shield

Sep22-1.png

Operation hold on with grim determination and pray for the end of the season is under full swing! Having ensured we leave Montreal stranded at the bottom of the Eastern Conference we have even managed to improve our position in the Supporters Shield as we leapfrog Seattle to climb yet further away from the foot of the table.

October 2022​

Oct22-z.png

1st October 2022
MLS

Oct22-a.png

With the end of season just four games away the boys seem determined to end the season on a high despite their being no real possibility of climbing any further up the standings but a midfield demolition job saw City cruise past Revolution as we continue to show some real signs of intent for next season. America will await the re-birth of the Pigeons!

8th October 2022
MLS

Oct22-b.png

Before I start heralding the arrival of an MLS giant, the boys once again prove their worth against another Eastern Conference side, in the shape of Colorado Rapids, with the ever impressive Morales chipping in from the flanks, whilst our French sharpshooter, Abdoul Sagna continues to reign supreme at the top of the goal-scoring charts with another neat finish.

15th October 2022
MLS

Oct22-c.png

The Twenty-One year old has easily become one of the most valuable players in Northern America despite not even being able to break into Montpelier's first team back home in his Native France. A neat brace see's the striker once again showcase the gulf in class between the continents with young centre back Diego Lopez helping us smash past lowly Minnesota.

22nd October 2022
MLS

Oct22-d.png

Despite running rampant in the previous three games, the boys are unable to cap a resurgent season with a win as they crumble to a deflating defeat against Portland despite a dominant first-half. With the boys already showing what they are fully capable of, the lengthy MLS off-season cannot pass quick enough as we look to continue our late form into next season.

October 2022
MLS - Eastern Conference

Oct22.png

October 2022
MLS - Supporters Shield

Oct22-1.png

So the season is over. Having played each Eastern Conference twice and ten of the clubs in the Western One just once the MLS season has come its bizarre end. Having joined the club stranded at the foot of the table, devoid of morale and hope, the boys have managed to turn it around in impressive style with City now emerging as one of the most inform teams in the country.

Given that it has essentially been just four months since the end of the previous season, its easy to guess there has not been much change...

1084516d1478303800-football-managing-mercenary-man17-1.png
Man17-4.png
Man13.png
Carlo AncelottiLuis EnriqueDiego Simeone
Manchester UnitedBarcelonaINTER
£150,000 per week£150,000 per week£105,000 per week

All three me have started the season still in charge of their respective clubs with their money-grabbing ways long-forgotten and the beautiful game of football once again becoming the true winner...

...I sense weakness.

With the wage of the top earners now lower then ever, Managers across the world suffering some kind of ephiphany and my career finally finding it's way to the glorious riches found at the top of the game, my attempts at finishing this challenge have never looked better.

1084519d1478303826-football-managing-mercenary-man17-0.png
Derby Jack
New York City FC
£12,000 per week

Sweet, sweet money.

Having landed in the Big Apple, my wages have matched up to the stature of this massive City.

With Twelve Thousand pounds rolling into my account every week, I can afford to make the most of my new surroundings, the only thing is the real money still remains locked back across the Atlantic, with the Champions League big-boys.

With my career currently evolving in the world of Hot Dogs and Shotguns, I need to ensure I'm not quickly forgotten.

It's time to showcase my talents to the MLS...

NYCFC.png

With a massive four month gap between the start and end of the season, "soccer" takes a back seat in America.

Fortunately despite the football hibernation, the MLS does make up for it, with one of the most confusing and elaborate transfer windows imaginable.

Brace yourselves...

...First up its the Waiver Draft.

Tran22-WaiverOUT.png

The MLS to it's credit does nearly everything in it's power to keep young players in the beautiful game.

With both a Re-Entry draft and a Waiver draft throwing players a lifeline when their contracts have come to a close, clubs throughout the MLS take it in turns as those unfortunate players are essentially auctioned off.

With clubs taking it in turn to chose the best of the bunch, seeded in order of their League finish, I try my hand at snapping up some hopefully wasted talent...

Tran22-WaiverIN.png

Tran22-Waivera.png

Cost: Free

Having scooped up two released youngster, only one goes on to grab a contract, with Nineteen Year old left back, Michael Collie grabbing up a spot at left-back. Having arrived from bitter rivals, Red Bull, the Bahamian full-back will have to make the most of his developing ability and solid all round physical abilities to win over the City faithful.

Having found no-one worth our attention in the Re-Entry draft we bide our time until the subtly named "Super Draft" comes around.

The draft works almost identical to those in the NBA and the NFL, as a host of the finest young talents in the Nation do their utmost to grab themselves a club for the forth coming season...

Tran22-DraftIN.png

Tran22-Drafta.png

Cost: Free

With Abdoul Sagna returning to his home club we were in desperate need of anyone with the ability to find the back of the net, when Thai sensation, Anon Booma stepped up at the draft. The Young striker already has full fledged experience in the International Team and with a lethal right foot and the flair of a Galactico he could well light it up in the MLS.

With the previous management selling the clubs other draft spots, I got just the one chance to snap up some young talent, with the rest of my signings coming in via a thankfully normal transfer window...

Tran22-OUT.png

With the strict wage-budget meaning that departures are almost equally as important as departures, I did my utmost to try and clear some space before resorting to mutual terminating and releasing four players to give me some much needed breathing room.

Having cleared some space, I desperately tried to bring MLS Golden boot winner Abdoul Sagna back to New York with the Emirate's funded club easily able to meet Montpelier's asking price but the board bizarrely deciding that the young striker was not worth gifting one of the clubs coveted designated player spots...Thanks.

With my transfer targets immediately scrapped I went out into the transfer window, with a wheel barrow full of money determined to make up for my failed efforts with some extravagant spending...

Tran22-IN.png

Tran22-a.png

Cost: £3.7 million

Returning to my home nation and the Teams parent club, Manchester City, I splash the cash to land experienced defender Nicolas Otamendi with a lowly transfer fee but a whopping £140,000 wage for the forth coming season. Despite being deep into his twilight years the Argentinian is still more then capable of dominating the back line at this level.

Tran22-b.png

Cost: £2.6 million

Joining him comes German midfielder, Ilkay Gundogan. Having played a background role with the Citizens through his time in Manchester, the composed play-maker will be looking to run the show for City for a couple of seasons to come. Another hefty wage ensures I certainly make the most of the club's deep pockets as I look to sky-rocket the club to the top.

Well that was confusing.

Having bumbled my way through Three pre-season drafts, somehow lost out on-signing a willing and able Abdoul Sagna and brought in two veteran players looking to scoop one last pay-check before retiring from the game, I'm not entirely sure just what happened...

...Non the less, It's time to see what we can do!