January 2025​

024BEx.png

1st January 2025
EFL League Two

kAwL9h.png

Four-Two-Four. Its the future. The New year gets off to a flyer as we charge through a Scunthorpe side struggling towards the lower end of the table. With the Irons turning me down earlier in the season, the convincing two goal victory was all the more satisfying as we cruise our way further up the table.

7th January 2025
EFL League Two

DHuPCw.png

On the back of a last minute victory over Shrewsbury in my first game of the season, the club once again leave it late to seal the deal as substitute striker Eisa, turns around some relentless Accrington pressure to kill off the game just moments before the final whistle. This new found attacking formation is apparently paying off wonders.

11th January 2025
EFL League Two

ipnhBu.png

Six goals. Three games. Three Clean-sheets. I'm telling you, I've stumbled into a game changing formation here. Whilst I quickly rub my ego and convince myself that this entire display comes down to my tactical know-how, it's once again a late showing from the Bee's that proves to be the difference maker. Two punishing late goals ensure the unbeaten run continues to gather pace.

18th January 2025
EFL League Two

ndNvKD.png

We never switch off. Having watched Carlisle battle their way back into the game with a one-sided second half of football, the boys refused to switch off as the away side seemed to settle for a point. A rapid move down the flanks saw the increasingly impressive Lloyd Neal stun The Hive as we greedily ****** all Three points at the last.

25th January 2025
ELF League Two

KXdPQW.png

Port Vale end our winning run as a ding-dong battle at Vale Park saw both sides deservedly take a share of the spoils. With the boys recent trend of last minute goals, the entire travelling support held their breath to the final whistle in the hopes of another Hail Mary goal to send them home happy but alas is was not to be.

January 2025
EFL League Two

mMKUkm.png

Well. Hello There.

One full month with the club and we've gone from the comfort of mid-table to the edge of the Play-offs. Apparently I was just holding back my talent for when it mattered. With a massive chunk of games still to come it's going to take a monumentous run to break into the running but non the less, I'm going to revel in my instant impact whilst I can.

February 2025​

906vRI.png

1st February 2025
EFL League Two

n9aObE.png

Apparently Barnet live for those last minute defining goals. With a ***-for-tat battle with Barrow, both clubs seemed destined for a deserved point until one last roll of the dice saw the Bee's centre-back Santos come off the bench and thunder home a powerful header to stun the visitors. Lady luck is certainly on our side. Are we destined for the top?

8th February 2025
EFL League Two

Z3LKJK.png

No. No we most certainly are not. Exeter are mounting a strong promotion push of their own this season and in an end to end battle between the two hopeful clubs it was the Home side that eventually emerged victorious as the game sprung into life in the second half. My first loss with Barnet and in the Football League. I suppose it's been a long time coming?

15th February 2025
ELF League Two

85gsZo.png

With the clubs and my own resolve being tested, the boys respond in dominant fashion as they destroy Rochdale with ease. A fifth minute opening goal got the game off to a convincing start with loanee striker, Neal taking up the reigns to lead the club to an emphatic four goal victory. If it wasn't for the fact he was from Forest I might actually give him some praise.

19th February 2025
EFL League Two

dmO9r1.png

The club continues to resume their push to the top as they demolish Wrexham. Having made the long journey to the Welsh border the boys didn't miss a step as they frustrated the home-crowd. An efficient defensive display saw my four man defence clean up with ease whilst our attacking numbers overwhelmed a deflated Wrexham back line.

22nd February 2025
EFL League Two

H6MAsY.png

Well. That was slightly unexpected. Bottom of the table Cambridge have been battered from pillar to post this season but in what should have been a routine victory for the Bee's we struggled to keep up with the battling U's. With my usually free-scoring attack finally silenced the club heads into the penultimate month of the season on the back of a surprise defeat.

February 2025
EFL League Two

mbY63h.png

So. This is happening. Despite picking up two defeats the club still manages to impress as they pick up Three more victories for their tally to glide straight into the depths of the Playoff places. With it set to be a dramatic run in to the end of the season, it's going to be a tight run to keep our new found playoff status.

Last edited:

March 2025

Well this is all going rather too well.

With the club and myself finding ourselves confusingly high up the standings, I make a late move in the market to try and solidify our new found status...

3fO40h.png

eytVAa.png

Cost: Free

With our wide Four-Two-Four formation relying heavily on having two central midfielders doing the leg work, I quickly make the move to bring in another strong addition in the shape of Danny Killock. Since his release from Everton the Twenty-Three year old has spent the entire time on the sidelines, he should be hungry to make an instant impact in League Two.

_______

yphu9I.png

1st March 2025
EFL League Two

FmIykB.png

Kicking off our playoff push properly the boys force their way further into the fight as they batter Stevenage to the side in convincing fashion. For once the boys don't leave it late to make the difference as they start the game in style with two first-half goals. A frustrated Stevenage are only able to make an impact late in the game with a frustrating red card.

8th March 2025
EFL League Two

mmo0Ua.png

A struggling Doncaster put the brakes on our new found play-off push as each side share two goals for a surprisingly competitive point. Rovers are struggling to maintain their Football League status of late but despite their fragile status the former Championship side are battling well in their attempts to survive.

15th March 2025
EFL League Two

I8Tc4X.png

Run-away League leaders, Bradford City have taken apart the League since their recent relegation and now look set to wrap up the title with an entire month of football still remaining. In true style the Leaders destroyed us with ease as they play out a dominating Thirty minutes of football to remind us of our true status in this League.

22nd March 2025
EFL League Two

NnkWBU.png

On the back of being taken apart by The Bantams the boys suffer a second defeat as we are left stunned by Crawley. Having distanced ourselves from mid-table in hurried fashion it seems we are set to make a slow descent back down to reality as we head towards the seasons grand finale. Three games without win has the clubs playoff hopes now back on the line.

29th March 2025
EFL League Two

gHc7JX.png

Thankfully the boys do end the rot in relatively prompt fashion as we squeeze our way past Notts County. When I arrived at the club Innes Cameron demanded first-team football and despite not really appreciating his unconventional welcoming, The Scottish striker has proved himself a valuable addition with a much needed winning goal.

March 2025
EFL League Two

8CznfO.png

Despite our rather mixed fortunes throughout March, we do manage to cling on to our Playoff status in a still impressive sixth place. Despite now heading towards the edge of the playoffs we do hold on to an impressive five point gap over the chasing pack with a busy final month of football remaining. Time to see this surprising season through.

Dig your heels in gents.

Only a little wage jump but its progress in the right direction, its the reputation increase from being in the league that'll help the most.

I sure hope so Matt, would definitely appreciate some strides up to the top right about now.

Sorry for the slight delay, got wrapped up in work and then sorely tempted to try that Vaduz / Lichtenstein epic challenge. Given that I can't even finish one of my own creation I thought better of it...

April 2025

XswhOD.png

5th April 2025
EFL League Two

dXkO4a.png

Our attempts at clinging on to the playoffs gets off to a rather shaky start as we struggle to a draw against Billericay. The Millionair backed Essex side have stormed their way into the Football League but having struggled to maintain their meteoric raise in League Two they now look set for another season on the fringes of English football. A disappointing could condemn us to the same.

12th April 2025
EFL League Two

4YTxpb.png

Bottle Job anyone? With the entire goal of the month just to keep our heads above water, the boys instantly add some unwanted drama to our end of season run in as we are destroyed by Luton. The Hatters have all but booked their place into League One at long last and a convincing Ofosu inspired victory kept their promotion part well on course.

19th April 2025
EFL League Two

NvuWwc.png

Thankfully the boys do make a quick return to winning ways in the very next week as they see off a determined Blackpool. The seasiders are consolidating in the middle of the table this season but still very nearly managed to stick their oar into our playoff push until right winger Benyu, instantly cancelled out their second-half equaliser.

21st April 2025
EFL League Two

nwMiTq.png

There's a time and a place for a crowd pleasing six goal thriller. Four games away from the end of the season is not it. With both sides showing their intent just minutes into the game, The Swans eventually broke into a Two goal lead come the break until our Scottish striker Innes Cameron admirably dragged us back into the game to salvage a potential crucial point.

26th April 2025
EFL League Two

4Vs6H8.png

No second-half heroics this time as a shockingly poor first half of the game see's playoff chasing Gillingham and their apparently free-scoring sharp shooter Kirby kill off the game before the break. A late consolation goal from Cartwright almost gave hopes of another encouraging come-back but in ruthless fashion the visitors shut up shop to seal the convincing victory.

April 2025
EFL League Two

42KJbr.png

Despite picking up just five points our of a possible fifteen the club someone finds itself still clinging on to their unexpected place in the play-offs. With just a couple of vital games to come in the final month of the season, it's going to be another thrilling run in to the end of the season. Still time to cap my instant impact in the Football League.

May 2025​

dOnYBB.png

3rd May 2025
EFL League Two

XzS5mr.png

With points more valuable then ever before a tie against a struggling Scunthorpe presented us with the perfect opportunity to hold off the chasing pack. Despite being at opposite ends of the table, The Iron proved to be a tough side to break down with on-loan right winger Gary Jackson eventually able to find a gap to smash home an all important winner...

O4pE6T.png

10th May 2025
EFL League Two

sTH9j7.png

With Forest Green needing us to not only lose but for themselves to pick up a Record shattering Ten Goal victory the boys make sure there is no mistake as they demolish a Shrewsbury side that have seemingly already jetted off for their end of season break. With the boys showing some encouraging signs suddenly their is more on the line then just making it to the playoffs.

A chance to stun the Footballing world awaits...
2QKvWC.png

May 2025
EFL League Two

0AxZfr.png

Fluke. Fortunate. Fate. Whatever you want to call it, somehow we've managed to squeeze our way into the all important playoffs. Having almost fallen at the final hurdle the boys rallied well to re-assert themselves in the League and head into what could be some of the most important games of their careers in high-spirits.

May 2025

2nILDg.png

19th May 2025
EFL League Two - Playoff Semi Final Leg One

kK3Rs2.png

With neither side apparently willing to throw their all into the game, it took central defender O'Connor to break the deadlock. The lofty centre-back rose highest from a well worked corner to glance the ball home, with Carlisle seemingly happy to take just a one goal deficit back to Brunton Park, for the second leg. Risky strategy...

May 2025

aKUTNe.png

23rd May 2025
EFL League Two - Playoff Semi Final Leg Two

GoakQB.png

...and one that didn't pay off. In another tentatic game, the home side failed to trouble the Barnet defence as the waves of relentless Carlisle attacks didn't materialize until the dying moments of the game. With Zimbabwean winger, Benya seemingly killing off the tie just ten minutes from time, the home-side only managed to show some fight with seconds remaining.

On to the final.

Just half a season into my Football League debut and I'm already into a Playoff Final.

This is it. My Chance. My Right. My Destiny....

May 2025

Blb64X.png

27th May 2025
EFL League Two - Playoffs Final

lR0MDB.png

...My god.

All thoughts of a sensational raise to glory are quickly dashed as the Bee's are suddenly reminded of their status in the League at the worst possible time. A spirited and deserving Colchester dominated the game from the first to last whistle as they cruise their way into League One having humiliated myself and the club in-front of a shell shocked Wembley crowd on the way.

Guess. I made some kind of Impact at least?

Still an impressive season despite that disappointing end, with a preseason and some new signings you can challenge again! How did Bradford PA finish up? Playing them next season?

Gutted at the playoffs outcome but still positives from your time there so far. Just think what you can do with a full season ;)

Well that's certainly brought you League credibility at least!

Great season, won't be at Barnet for long if you have another year like that!

bluegh, thats unfortunate, i live right near Colchester (despite being a cambridge fan) i consider them my least favorite team. Next season should be better for you.

Cheers Patrick! Certainly enough to shrug off a four goal humiliation at least. Unfortunately not. They slipped off badly and have already made moves to take apart my beautifully crafted team. I think the debt might have played a hand in that though!

Cheers Neavie! I just hope I don't suffer from Second-season syndrome!

Thanks alot Ninja!

Credibility and Notoriety Matt! Unfortunately that was the joint worst play-off final defeat. Thankfully as a Derby fan I'm quite familiar with setting records for the wrong reasons.

Hope so Battman, not quite feeling life in Barnet just yet. Mind you I said the same thing about Bradford until they won me over!

Not Peterborough Matt? What did Colchester do to earn your hate? Thanks as always!

I have arrived in the Football League

Despite flopping in a rather horrendous playoff-final, there are still plenty of positives to be taken from my debut in the Football League.

The same can't be said for others however...

iJa1U8n.png
sYaDww.png
gotEhg.png
Massimiliano AllegriDiego SimeoneCarlo Ancelotti
Manchester CityChelseaManchester United
£160,000 per week£150,000 per week£96,000 per week

Unai Emery is gone already.

Having taken up the mantel following Jose's departure, the now former Red Devils manager has already been shown the door with Italian veteran Carlo Ancelotti next to fill the void.

Much of the credit for Unai's brief tenure in Manchester comes down to his cross-town rivals, as City manager, Massimiliano Allegri once again retains the Premier League title. But it wasn't quite plain sailing for the former Juve man as he narrowly misses out on the Champions League title following a dramatic loss in the final....to Emery's Red Devils.

What did the guy have to do to keep his job?

Whilst Diego manages to slide under the radar despite a trophy-less season at Stamford Bridge, all eyes now fall on Carlo.

United expects.

EmFc6LO.png
Derby Jack
Barnet
£1,100 per week

Thankfully in the depths of League Two, the Barnet board are over the moon following our unexpected playoff venture.

With another season remaining on my contract it's time to once again capture the form that lit up my first taste of Football League action as I look to quickly bound my way up the standings.

With English football seemingly on the crest of a monumental wave of dominance, it's the perfect time to make my way up to the top in quick fashion.

No time to waste.

That went quick.

With another season done and dusted, it's time to take a look at how the rest of the country and Europe shaped up this year.

Once again if you want to know where your club currently lies Eight years in the future, just ask.

2024/25
Premier League

gApAmD.png

Things have barely changed at the top end of the Premier League as it's more a case of spotting which of the big boys is missing rather then awaiting the arrival of a new challenger. This time its Arsenal who miss out on European football, whilst West Brom, Brentford and Millwall all crash back down into the Championship.

2024/25
Championship

yO9K1W.png

Next to try their luck in the Premier League are a trio of familiar faces. Champions West Ham enjoyed a fierce battle for the title with second-place Bournemouth, whilst a fortunate Reading ride their coat-tails into the top flight. Meanwhile heading into League One goes Burton Albion a ramshackle Hull City and an Ebbsfleet side finally witnessing the end of their meteoric raise to the top.

2024/25
League One

Puy4iS.png

That makes for better viewing. The Rams destroy the League on their way back into the Championship, with a Sunderland side finally ending their slow rot and a tight playoff winning Fleetwood right behind them. For Charlton, Peterborough, Masfield and Lincoln we will be seeing them face to face in the basement of League football next year.

2024/25
League Two

KwOGTa.png

At the top its a dominant Bradford, Luton and Notts County that sneak back into League One, whilst our play-off final opponents Colchester deservedly join them. I didn't realise just how unlucky Carlisle had actually been when we knocked them out the playoffs. Harsh. For Cambridge and Stockport it was a season to forget as they both make a quick return to Non-League football.

2024/25
Europa League

fK0GD5.png

They might have missed out on European football in the League but the Gunners need not worry as they take the Jose Mourinhio route into the Champions League as they battle their way to Europa League glory. Despite the Gunners remarkable victory, the real story of the competition is a seemingly fall from grace for Barcelona. Trouble in Spain?

2024/25
Champions League

7GB1Bi.png

A story-book Manchester Derby rounds off an English dominated Champions League, with the Citizens finally ending their long wait for the most important trophy in club football. Despite Barca's fall into the Europa League the rest of the front-runners all look far too familiar with only Atletico's humiliating defeat of City standing out this year.

With the Bee's buzzing about their previous season's heroics and the club buoyed by their newfound success, I opted to try my luck once more with the board...
if2L4B.png

Finally.

Having received my last qualification just a handful of months into the start of my career this long awaited breakthrough finally gets the ball rolling towards a much needed boost to the top and it wasn't hard to see why the board finally granted my wishes...

ZUoqjv.png

With just under One Million in the bank following the clubs high-flying end to the season, the Six Hundred fee for my coaching course suddenly doesn't seem all that generous.

Non the less having finally arrived at a club with Finances actually on the up, it seems I might be on the cusp of something special.

_______

60tTAP.png

Having made an instant impact in the Football League, The pressure is now on to build from the promising start made with the Bee's.

With my first full season ahead of me and a squad already proving to be capable of mixing it up at this level, I expected the pre-season Transfer window to be a quiet one.

I was wrong...

HKwyse.png

Just a duo of departures from the club as young Attacking Midfielder Brian O'Donnell departs the club on a free transfer to join the mighty Aston Villa, whilst want-away central defender Ricardo Santos is granted his wish with a Sixth Thousand pound transfer to Fleetwood Town.

Despite losing just the two players things certainly didn't end there...

yqUTd5.png

Thirteen departures.

Not going to lie most of these players didn't even feature from the club as they play out their measly contracts in the Under Twenty-Three's but that's not to say we didn't get away entirely unscathed.

Plummer and Johnson were both starting defenders last season but despite the Clubs burst into the playoff places, the duo turn their noses up at another season at the Hive, opting to take their chances on the free market and leaving me with a large defensive hole to fill.

Joining them out the exit door goes, fringe striker, Marcus Dinanga and midfielder Ben Rowthorn. Having rarely troubled my starting eleven, both men refused to take lower wages with the club ruthlessly showing them the door as a result.

With numbers whittled down and no fewer then five loanees departing the club, things suddenly got desperate...

Time to build a squad.

kZ3EPi.png

bojobp.png

With numbers at an all time low and a number of players returning to their parent clubs, I waste little time in getting us back up to speed as we sign up Readings soon to be out-of-contract winger, Gary Jackson. Having been one of a number of on loan players last season, the club swoops in to snap him back up on a permanent basis.

ApIAzy.png

In a repeat of our first signing we once again snap up another former loanee as we bring in striker, Lloyd Neal. The Twenty-Three Year old proved himself more then worthy of a full-time contract with the Bee's as we look to help him build on his sixteen goal tally for the club last season.

vtXzxM.png

Returning to my former club, I snap up promising central midfielder, Rikki Vine. The Twenty-Three year old was one of the finest players at the club but it seems the clubs financial woes are certainly proving costly as they let the one-time Stoke player slip through their grasp despite being more then capable at this level and beyond. Bargain signing.

jGF0Ap.png

Having quickly signed up three players I had previous knowledge of, I keep up the frantic pace of arrivals as we snap up former Arsenal youth product, Karakatsanis. The Greek defender appears to be more then capable of making it in English football despite his disappointing release and will be keen to make an instant impact at the Hive.

RXrf0j.png

With wingers becoming paramount to my apparently game-changing Four-Two-Four formation, I make the move to bring in some capable depth to the team as we snap up David Mitchell. Having played under me with Torquay whilst on loan from Reading, the rapid Twenty-One year old is more then capable of adding competition out wide.

Xu1Myr.png

Cost: On Loan - End of Season

With five permanent arrivals and essentially an entire defensive line-up in need of replacing I turn to the loan market and some of our fellow London best clubs finest young talent. West Ham's John Evans is first to arrive. The teenage stopper, might not quite have enough about him to get the number one shirt but will prove to be a more then capable backup on the sidelines.

8c5yDi.png

Continuing to raid the capitals youth teams, I kick-start looting Chelsea's promising defence as I bring in left-back Rob Peck. With solid defensive attributes despite his age and more then reasonable pace behind him, the promising wing back will be looking to prove himself to the Chelsea backroom from the depths of League Two.

aUdc0s.png

Despite needing to essentially graft together a promising back four, I do briefly distract myself as I snap up Arsenal's Ian Smith. The Twenty-Two year old looks set to fall short of the Gunners exacting standards but with a lethal finish and solid all round attributes the agile finisher could prove a valuable addition in Barnet.​

fmqfPl.png

Another Smith another teenage signing. Back to defensive signings and the Stamford Bridge as we snap up Josh Smith till the end of the season. With all the Technical attributes of a solid defender already firmly in his locker, the Eighteen year old will be looking to prove himself in the rough and tumble of League Two.

FjsF55.png

Joining Smith from the depths of Chelsea's youth team comes Steve McDonnell. Despite not possessing the same ability as his Team-mate, the Twenty year old could well prove adept at this level. With promising defensive talents and the Natural fitness of a seasoned marathon runner, he's certainly got a bright future ahead of him.​

Well. That got hectic.

In a transfer window that saw a squad wide transformation, nearly Twenty players departed the club, with five promising permanent arrivals and five loan signings taking their place.

With the squad re-assembled, the board now fully expecting a repeat of last season heroics and my standing now poised for a massive boost, this could prove to be a career defining season.

Hopefully for the right reason.

Last edited:
This could be the year! Looking forward to another step up the ladder.

Where did Rotherham end up?

I hope so Raar! I wan't to leapfrog my way right up the standings now. Especially with my badges now back on track.

Rather boringly Rotherham have remained in the middle of League One throughout my entire career.

Preseason 2025

DfAFvd.png

12th July 2025
Friendly

cznq9O.png

We kick start the pre-season with an encouraging draw over Everton's youth side. Having continued to make himself comfortable at the Hive, our now permanent striker Lloyd Neal continues where he left off without missing a step as he opens the scoring before the young Evertonian prodigies eventually shone through.

19th July 2025
Friendly

FRIWpA.png

We make a brief trip down into Kent to pay a visit to Non-League Chatham. The Minnows might have expected their Football League opposition to take things easy in the pre-season but my reformed strike duo refused to ease off as they destroy a hapless home defence to cruise our way to an emphatic five goal victory.

23rd July 2025
Friendly

xhbMjm.png

Having just thrashed Chatham we returned back into the capital to welcome a club from North of the border in the shape of Dundee. The Scottish Premier League side struggled to establish themselves in the first half of the game but as we battled our way towards the final whistle, the Dee's eventually find a breakthrough to claim a hard-earned victory.

26th July 2025
Friendly

TVYnK0.png

We return to winning ways as on-loan striker Ian Smith see's off Newport County with ease. The Arsenal loanee made an instant impact for the Bee's against our National League opposition as his second-half brace finally rewarded the clubs dominance of a rather one-sided game. Strength in depth. Good signs for the season ahead.

2nd August 2025
Friendly

h1R2gP.png

We round off the warm-up fixtures much as we started them, with an encouraging draw against one of the Nation's most promising young sides. Spur's Under Twenty-Threes certainly showcased their promising potential with a decidedly one-sided first half of football but a spirited fight-back at the Hive saw the boys restore some pride.

Mixed fortunes but strong signs.

Despite essentially reforming the entire first team in the transfer window, the squad manages to show some strong signs of cohesion as they head into a potentially defining season for the club, with their heads held high.

Time to keep the ball rolling.

Cheers Neavie, hoping for another play-off run myself!

August 2025

0LG4Al.png

9th August 2025
EFL League Two

LGjd9L.png

My first full season at the helm of the a Football League club gets underway in fine style as we squeeze our way past Accrington Stanley. Before we could even ask who they where, on loan Arsenal striker, Ian Smith makes the most of his debut in an Orange shirt with the only goal of the game after just four minutes. Unfortunately the victory didn't leave us unscathed...

EvZfrv.png

12th August 2025
EFL Cup - 1st Rnd

x8Qfib.png

Our League Cup adventure is over before it even really began as we are sent packing by Championship side, Cardiff. Having gone from one capital to the other, the Welsh club struggled to break down their lowly visitors until eventually crafting a breakthrough just minutes into the second half with Neal at least assuring we keep our heads held high.

16th August 2025
EFL League Two

jLOsoV.png

Carlisle cruelly missed out on promotion to League One by the narrowest of margins last season, with the Bee's harshly sending them packing from the playoffs to rub salt into the wound. With the two teams once again vying to make it to the top of the table, a nervy one goal draw keeps both clubs neck for neck at this early stage.

23rd August 2025
EFL League Two

HiNY6R.png

Having shot into the lead within just seven minutes it seemed the boys were set to see off League Two stalwarts Port Vale with ease. A complete collapse in the second-half however saw Vale quickly overthrow our slender lead with a duo of late goals capping an impressive come back from the home-side. Not quite the charge to the top I was hoping for.

30th August 2025
EFL League Two

kWfejc.png

Thankfully the boys make up for it in quick fashion as they barrel their way through Lincoln. The Imps have recently returned back into League Two since their brief foray into League One and it seems their steady raise to the top has well and truly petered out as a dominant performance from the Bee's has us add to their woes.

August 2025
EFL League Two

FhwdM5.png

One month and Four games down and the club finds itself poised and ready at the edge of the play-offs already. With a long way to go and the League boasting some real Lower League heavyweights this season it's set to be a bruising challenge to try and make it back into the all important promotion race.

September 2025

5Wpn5T.png

2nd September 2025
EFL Trophy - Group L

jJxu8T.png

Despite the Checkatrade Trophy essentially being an unneeded distraction at this important early stage of the season the boys do manage to put in a gutsy display against League One's Cheltenham as they force the Robins to a full time draw. Unfortunately this bizarre cup competition isn't happy accepting a share of the spoils with the home-side eventually claiming the win following the lottery of a penalty shoot-out.

6th September 2025
EFL League Two

cskBji.png

Innes Cameron's opening goal got us off to a solid start just seconds into the game but it was to prove the only highlight of a disappointing afternoon at The Hive as the Tangerines admirably fought back, capping an impressive display in the cruelest of fashions as a last gasp penalty steals all three points. Harsh.

9th September 2025
EFL League Two

ESmImk.png

Bouncing back from the gut wrenching defeat at the hands of Blackpool the boys do once again restore winning ways as they battle their way past Gillingham. Goals from all but one of my attacking quartet see's the Bee's shoot into a commanding lead come the break, with some resilient defending keeping the Gils at arms reach.

13th September 2025
EFL League Two

SVNbnv.png

Well. That was convincing. Despite only managing to find a breakthrough four minutes before the break, the boys emerge back on to the field in absolutely ruthless fashion, picking apart a hapless Forest Green to leave the home crowd stunned into silence. A four goal haul from our Scottish Sniper, Innes Cameron keeps the strikers find form going.

17th September 2025
EFL League Two

JpmXXh.png

Despite an absolute demolition job in the previous game, we are held by a determined Tranmere in a testing one-all draw. With Rovers determined to make amends for their shock relegation into Non-League football they seem determined to increase their distance between themselves and their new found low as they eye-up promotion to League One...

20th September 2025
EFL League Two

BRyLxP.png

For Scunthorpe however, the National League has long been calling. The Iron have been struggling to keep their heads above water for the last few seasons and despite Chelsea loanee, Steve McDonnell's late generosity, the Iron were once again facing defeat as Neal guides the club to another important Three points.

27th September 2025
EFL League Two

Si8iel.png

Remember when Charlton where a Premier League club? A generation of Addicks fans certainly doesn't. Rounding off an increasingly impressive month comes a surprisingly comfortable victory over the recently relegated side. Another early opening goal and an Ian Smith brace continues the clubs impressive run of goal scoring.

September 2025
EFL League Two

W01LBf.png

This Football League stuff is a doddle.

From the edge of the playoffs to the top of the pile. With just ten games played, no club has been able to keep up with the Leagues frantic early pace with Wrexham, Chesterfield and a table topping Barnet all vying for the top spot despite a duo of losses for each club already. It seems it's going to be a tight race. Thankfully my strikers are certainly playing their part...
F3cFqx.png

A Four goal haul against Forest Green essentially raps up the award for our Scottish forward before the month was even over. With Innes Cameron managing to find the net Seven times this month alone, were hopefully forming a deadly strike-force for this level as we look maintain our precarious early position at the top.