October 2025

nIep9s.png

1st October 2025
EFL League Two

LzKgC0.png

Our time at the top looks to be short lived as we instantly gift our chasing pack with a welcome boost as we collapse against Shrewsbury in horrific fashion. A three minute goal set the tone of a one-sided match with the home-side romping their way towards the final whistle as they take apart our shambolic defence at will.

4th October 2025
EFL League Two

y4buQF.png

No instant return to winning ways this time around with a struggling draw the only thing our down-trodden squad can muster. A fortunate own goal gifted the Bee's with an important opening goal but Stevenage soon worked their way back into the game as the away side deservedly work themselves towards the a point just before the break.

7th October 2025
EFL Trophy - Group L

qqVQmq.png

Back to the weird world of the Checkatrade Trophy and any hopes of another encouraging display akin to the Cheltenham game are soon squashed as Bristol City's Under Twenty-Threes demolish us at a usually steadfast Hive. With the visitors already a goal ahead, some switched off defending saw the Bristolians put a gloss on the finish with two late punishing goals.

11th October 2025
EFL League Two

be37Es.png

Having been taught a lesson in the EFL Trophy the boys remain unable to restore winning ways as a one-goal lead is thrown away without a care in the world, with Rochdale eagerly taking advantage of yet more disappointing defending. Despite Cameron's thankful return to the score-sheet there weren't many positive for the travelling fans.

18th October 2025
EFL League Two

E8g140.png

Well I guess I can at least take some solace by knowing that the team is yet to experience back to back defeats in the League? It's something. A goal-less game against a struggling Mansfield hardly fired any signs of intent to our now clear table top battlers but at least another point to the tally keeps this run from being completely disastrous...

22nd October 2025
EFL League Two

Z9Zzfo.png

...Then again, it's not far off. A disappointing loss at the hands of Exeter maintains our woeful run of form on the road. Just Eight minutes into the game, a disappointing sloppy challenge in the box gave the ref with no choice bit to award a penalty with the Home side greedily tucking away the only goal of the game to steal all three points.

25 October 2025
EFL League Two

ibSF8y.png

....And we're back. Seemingly without rhyme or reason the boys suddenly remember just what was on the line this season as they annihilate Billericay. Having now established themselves in League Two, the Millionaire back club now seem to be slowly slipping their way back down the standings and worryingly back to Non-League football.

October 2025
EFL League Two

OaDjED.png

Well the top spot has well and truly gone as we slide our way down towards the edge of the play-offs with at least a five point gap between us and our former title race contenders. With a long way still to go and the club on a run that would be more suitable for teams at the opposite end of the table it's shaping up to be a testing season already.

November 2022​

5bCq1S.png

1st November 2025
EFL League Two

fb2ah1.png

The month starts with the ending of our wayward away form courtesy of a sloppy Wycombe. The Swans rarely troubled our determined squad, with Innes Cameron returning to the fray with a neat brace, whilst on loan striker Ian Smith continues to keep his name in the running with a late goal cancelling out Wycomes faint hopes of stealing a dramatic point.

8th November 2025
FA Cup - 1st Rnd

hgb8xD.png

The FA Cup rears it's head and gives us our Third shot at making an impressive Cup run, with the boys comfortably seeing off Non-League Gresley to confidently stride into the next round. Zimbabwean winger, Kundai Benyu has proved to be a key member of our wide Four-Two-Four formation, with another brace keeping him in favor with the Hive faithful.

11th November 2025
EFL Trophy - Group L

i8L8y2.png

Whilst we look forward to a potential Giant killing in the future rounds of the FA Cup, we do still have to round off a rather lackluster EFL Trophy. League One's Coventry ensured it was a competition to forgot for the Bee's as a predictable Two goal defeat sends us out at the Group stage without a victory to our name. Somehow it didn't seem to put off a potential new employer...
BVs8k7.png

15th November 2025
EFL League Two

9Y0Pie.png

Yet to recover from their fall from the Championship, Doncaster Rovers are now miserably dwelling in the middle of the League but that didn't stop the Don's from still proving they should not be underestimated. A thunderous effort from midfielder, Danny Killock gave us a deserved lead but a spirited fight back saw us share the points come the final whistle, with MK Dons quickly coming to their senses...
VZn6mu.png

22nd November 2025
EFL League Two

rWvzc7.png

Who needs a shortcut into League One anyway? A morale boosting Three goal demolition job of Barrow has the club maintain its renewed push to the top. On loan defender Steve McDonnell showcased his considerable composure in front of goal with the opening penalty, with Neal's brace securing the points before the break.

26th November 2025
EFL League Two

c2bQU6.png

From a comfortable Three goal whitewash to a narrow Seven goal Thriller. The boys keep the points rolling in, in dramatic style following a barn-storming game with recently relegated Peterborough. With the clubs trading goals right up until the final minutes of the game, the ever reliable Innes Cameron eventually sealed the points to send the Hive faithful into raptures. They weren't the only one's celebrating come the end of the game...
ptNngP.png

1o3Riv.png

29th November 2025
EFL League Two

sA4rmL.png

With my new coaching badge in the bag, I showcase my new found skills to my generous board with another dramatic game of football. With Wrexham looking set to put us on the other end of a late defeat, super-sub Ian Smith stunned the Table topping Dragons with a goal a whopping Seven minutes beyond normal time. Deserved. Honest.

November 2025
EFL League Two

fjxtTX.png

We're getting there. The promotion chasers are still involved in their own heated battle in the top four places of the League but a determined group is building behind them, headed by my resurgent Barnet. If we can keep the pressure on we only need one of those clubs to slip up to put us back in contention for an unexpected automatic spot.

November 2025
EFL Trophy - Group L

OzKA1m.png

With the League giving us renewed optimism, the EFL Trophy did almost the complete opposite. If you haven't gathered already I have little interest in this bizarre cup competition, some predictable defeats and unnecessary congestion in an already busy schedule did little to change my opinion as we crash out at the Group stage.

Hope so Battman, wouldn't mind playoffs and then a title!

Cheers Neavie, I think we're definitely an outside bet!​

December 2025

X60p4G.png

7th December 2025
FA Cup - 2nd Rnd

c9b5na.png

The FA Cup dream is over before it really gets off the ground as League One's Colchester comfortably secure their passage into the Third Round. A less then impressive display from our attacking formation highlighted the teams weaknesses against stronger opposition but non the less apparently I've done enough to attract Championship interest...
pPIWKi.png

13th December 2025
EFL League Two

CRsPzq.png

The Hive is becoming some what of a fortress of late in the League, with the Bee's faithful only witnessing one loss on home soil all season. A thrilling tie against a frantic Crawley nearly saw the away-side work their way back to a harsh point but thankfully Three goals from our strike partnership has already done enough damage.

20th December 2025
EFL League Two

5xbuS1.png

Chesterfield are doing their utmost to make it back into League One this season and the title contenders certainly proved their are not going to take this season lightly as a devastating late penalty saw the Spireites steal all three points. If we're going to join them in the race to the top we need to be just as ruthless. Birmingham however had seen more then enough...
ceHUqd.png

26th December 2025
EFL League Two

cTsXIl.png

Having beaten Accrington Stanley at the start of the season, it seemed we were set for another Three points for our tally as we smashed our way into a two goal lead thanks to a five minute spell in the first-half. Unfortunately a disappointing collapse in the second half was capped by a leveler five minutes from time as we foolishly throwaway our early hard work.

28th December 2025
EFL League Two

iCD27o.png

We round off the year with a thrilling draw against Port Vale. With both clubs throwing caution to the wind, an end to end first half saw the clubs go into the break sharing two goals a-piece. The second took a while to build up but eventually picked up much where we left off as both clubs find the back of the net once more to end a six goal battle.

December 2025
EFL League Two

gWnLyR.png

With just one victory this month, I fully expected the club to find itself at least on it's way out of the playoff places but it seems just about every club is struggling to put down form this season. With an entire half of the season remaining, the League is shaping up to be wide open for the taking this year.

January 2026​

IwrEYm.png

3rd January 2026
EFL League Two

f0YX7s.png

The New Year doesn't bring an end to our shaky run of form as we are unable to find our way past Gillingham. Having overcome an Eight minute opening goal from the Home team it seemed we were set to finally end our barren spell until a quickfire goal in the second-half saw us once more share the spoils. Despite the disappointment any offer dribbled in...
HArUsU.png

10th January 2026
EFL League Two

T41arq.png

Carlisle came agonizingly close to promotion last season narrowly missing out on promotion on goal difference alone. Once more the Cumbrians have mounted a strong push into the promotion race, with a goalless draw maintain their claim for a spot in League One. At least we're showing we can still keep up with some of the League's best unfortunately it wasn't enough to convince The Blades board.
iG8css.png

17th January 2026
EFL League Two

WA7osd.png

And just like the Hive has crumbled. A shocking defeat at the hands of Lincoln leaves fans and players alike both struggling to explain just what has happened to the club of late. Locked in the midst of a sorry run of form, all hopes of promotion seem to have been dashed already with even a repeat playoff run now looking highly suspect.

24th January 2026
EFL League Two

85mspD.png

The New Year continues to add to our woes as we are this time sent packing by Blackpool. The Sea-siders have come out with little to play for this season but despite being seemingly settled in the midst of the middle of the table, they still manage to continue our woeful streak with a slender one goal victory. My shining start to life in the Football League has drastically faded.

31st January 2026
EFL League Two

jbpTTm.png

Rounding off a win-less month for the Bee's comes a thankfully spirited draw with Forest Green. As we slide our way steadily down the standings, a Forest Green side on the fringes of the play-offs presented a stern opponent for our luckless young side. Another thankless point does little to raise the heads of my deflated squad.

January 2026
EFL League Two

24kEfX.png

Rather predictably with the club on the end of an Eight game win-less streak, the club has spiraled straight out of the play-offs and now sits unsteadily in the Top-half of the table. With the business end of the season rapidly approaching and the January transfer window passing us by without a second glance it's going to take one momentous turn around to salvage this season.

Time to earn my keep.

February 2026​

pWUARL.png

7th February 2026
EFL League Two

UomgvO.png

Remember when I walked my through the League at the first time of asking and romped my way to an unexpected Play-Off final just a handful of months into my tenure at the club?

Well the board certainly don't. Another defeat this time at the hands of a Tranmere side desperately trying to maintain their own hopes this season leaves my once faultless board questioning my very future at the club. Thanks gents...
EwYw8o.png

l9TyMh.png

14th February 2026
EFL League Two

Dl5QuO.png

With the pressure on the boys finally bring an end to our damaging run of games as we smash our way through a Scunthorpe side looking warily towards the National League. Having gone a goal behind it seemed I was going to give a less then convinced board no choice to release me until a thankful equaliser and a merciful red-card saved my skin. Six points to go.

18th February 2026
EFL League Two

6cLPWs.png

The good times keep coming. With the squad thankfully doing their utmost to save my skin, they quickly see of a free-falling Charlton to keep me very much in with a shout of pleasing the board at the first time of asking. A dominant midfield performance proved to be more then enough to silence an already barren Valley Stadium. Three to go.

21st February 2026
EFL League Two

wVgKZE.png

Crisis? What Crisis?

Snuffing out the boards target before it even got close, the club cruises to its third straight victory as they this time comfortably see off The Shrews. Having eased past relegation battling Scunthorpe and Charlton a convincing Three goal victory over a Shrewbury side previously embroiled in the race for automatic promotion suitable re-affirms my place at the helm of the club.
KQDr9R.png

Worth noting I have no idea why it says Ten Points there. Rest assured it was thankfully only Nine. FM tried to screw me once more!

28th February 2026
EFL League Two

9Mss1U.png

Well. I'm bet they're glad they didn't fire me now. Having saved my job on the back of Three straight victories, the boys instantly return to their spineless performances that threw my career into jeopardy with a convincing defeat at the hands of Stevenage. A Benyu opener gave me a brief hope that we might be about to make it four straight victories but a dominant Boro quickly turned the game on its head.

February 2026
EFL League Two

24kEfX.png

Once again I stupidly managed to save over my February screen-shot so here's January...again. Sorry!

Despite the worrying signs at the end of the month, the club has actually managed to mount a renewed push back towards the play-offs with just three months of football remaining. With the entire club hoping that the Stevenage result was just a mere blip on our return to form, a late play-off push might still be on the cards

That's the great thing about your saves/story, things are never straight forward! Always 2 step forward, 1 step back. Or 1 forward and 2 back on occasion. Hopefully the team can find that "crisis form" and put on a good run in the remaining few months!

Thanks alot Neavie! I'm very lucky to have found a little group of people who enjoy reading my struggles! I'm unfortunately completely inept at this game compared to others but it keeps me very entertained. I'm hoping "crisis form" alone can get us back into the play-offs!

March 2026

5LnqG6.png

7th March 2026
EFL League Two

rwrGz9.png

With the club and my status both appearing to be in a rather fragile state the boys respond from their end of month beating with a life-less draw against Rochdale. To their credit the boys thankfully did do their best to inject some life into the game but a resilient Rochdale refused to be drawn into a game of football as they held solid for a point.

14th March 2026
EFL League Two

Ox3qTm.png

The boys manage to respond in finest fashion at they see of a spirited Mansfield. The Stags seemed set to follow Rochdale's bore-draw tactics until a goal-shy Lloyd Neal broke the deadlock just before the whistle. With the Home-side proving to be more then up for the fight it took midfield general Danny Killock to ensure a much welcome return to winning ways.

21st March 2026
EFL League Two

aPkIR9.png

Back to back victories has our play-off push quickly gathering renewed momentum. Despite a less then convincing victory over lowly Exeter, another solid defensive performance and a second goal on the trot from Neal at least shows some positive signs as we barrel our way into the final few games of the season.

28th March 2026
EFL League Two

oJ2lK8.png

A third straight victory, a third tight game. The seemingly inspire Lloyd Neal has taken matters very much into his own hands as he picks up his fourth goal in as many matches to help us squeeze our way past Billericay. The game struggled to splutter into life, with both teams leaving it late to make their mark with our in-form strikers brace doing just enough to hold the Essex boys at bay.

March 2026
EFL League Two

P9Fu4e.png

...Well. That went well. Despite the club not exactly firing some fierce warning shots at the top of the table, we somehow find ourselves deep into not only the play-off race but the fight for an automatic place in League One. With the clubs around us all seemingly floundering along side us, our tight but steady run of victories has us back into the race.
JjVeqX.png

From the verge of being sacked to Manager of the month. Its a funny old game.

With the club and more accurately Lloyd Neal making a well timed return to form, the club and myself suddenly find ourselves on the verge of not only meeting the clubs pre-season target but potentially having a massive say in just who grabs promotion this season.

Would it be cheeky to ask the board to renew my contract now?

April 2026

VA4s7E.png

4th April 2026
EFL League Two

nr1gep.png

With the club poised just Three points away from the automatic places, the boys make little mistake as they smash their way through Wycombe. The Swans struggled to make an impact in the Hive with a dominant performance seemingly impressing my once suspect board as they quickly make amends to improve our relations...
4RH42t.png

kUBqDG.png

6th April 2026
EFL League Two

78HIU0.png

With my coaching qualifications making a rapid raise the boys unfortunately take their foot off the gas. A disappointingly sluggish opening hour of football saw the Dons shoot into a two goal lead before a fortunate penalty rejuvenated a down-trodden squad with Ian Smith making an impact from the bench in the most dramatic of fashions to ****** a point. The late leveller apparently continued the Barnet board's recent good mood...
Xs4Ov6.png

sJNHCj.png

11th April 2026
EFL League Two

8K8mum.png

With my wallet taking another boost the boys make a welcome return to their dominant style from the start of the month with a thumping victory over Barrow. Innes Cameron makes up for lost time as his clinical brace brings an end to his personal drought in front of goal with the ever reliable Gary Jackson putting an early gloss on the finish.

18th April 2026
EFL League Two

TlzR6h.png

With the Bee's flying high they are soon brought crashing back down to earth by a seemingly determined Peterborough. The former League One side have struggled to assert themselves in the League since their relegation but a ruthlessly efficient Posh took their chances well to still potentially have a big say in the Promotion race.

25th April 2026
EFL League Two

YltIgd.png

We quickly put the loss behind us with a thumping victory over a Wrexham side all but assured of their own place in League One. The boys welcomed the Welsh side to the Capital in fine fashion as a dominant Innes thumped a Twenty minute hat-trick past a stunned Wrexham with striker partner Llyod Neal adding to the early white-wash. The result proved all too important.
sjPCze.png

April 2026
EFL League Two

KqMjfu.png

Despite dropping just three points in a hard month of football they club struggles to make any moves up the standings as Accrington Stanley and Carlisle now look set to duke it out for the last remaining promotion spot. With Four points and two games between us and the all important third position we're not out of it just yet but non the less we can be more then pleased with our place in the play-offs.

May 2026​

NRGFRM.png

2nd May 2026
EFL League Two

8iukvO.png

Despite the club's chances hanging on by a thread they continue to keep their name in the running with a convincing victory over Crawley. With the League coming down to the very last game of the season, the impressive all round performance at least kept the dream partly alive in London but an impossible challenge certainly got a little harder...

oRlIqY.png

9th May 2026
EFL League Two
lhH9TY.png

The final game of the season proved to be a massive one for the Bee's as we went toe to toe with a Chesterfield side who started the month rooted comfortably in second place. Continuing their impressive run of form against the League's best clubs the boys once again shone brightest to send an incredibly firm warning to their playoff rivals however it wasn't quite that simple...
ir6UDp.png

Wait. What?

May 2026
EFL League Two
qcwfZy.png

Always knew we had it in us.

Honest.

Despite going into the final game of the season fully expecting to narrowly miss out on an unexpected promotion the emphatic Two goal victory over Chesterfield proved to have massive ramifications come the final whistle as we leap-frog both Carlisle and Chesterfield to ****** the last remaining automatic spot in League One by goal difference alone. No Mercy.

Great story this is my bedtime reading every night just want more of it!

Hope you had a promotion pay rise in your contract Jack, congrats!

Not really been active on FM 18 this year due to a job change but I followed your story on the previous year of FM and caught up on this years. It has a great flow to it and with the pay rise rule it ensures the save has so much potential to last longer. Very well done on promotion after your few years of bedding into management. Look forward to a lot more.

Incredible! Another promotion & qualification, champions league here we come!

Congrats mate! Nailed it. Shows just what a plank your chairman is - bet you he's issuing another ultimatum when you find yourself "only" mid-table next season. ****.

Onwards and upwards!

Knew you could do it, here's hoping the one or two steps back don't hit the club until you've bagged yourself a new job ;)