December 2026

znlYbg.png

8th December 2026
EFL Trophy South - 2nd Rnd

aGInps.png

Okay maybe there is something for us here.

Once again the boys keep our cup run in the EFL Trophy going as they send Leyton Orient packing. The League Two side offered very little in the way of opposition when it came down to it, with the Bee's clearly unwilling to suffer the same humiliation as they did in the FA Cup, securing the victory with a trio of thunderous goals. Once again the home of Lego and Bacon was seemingly impressed...
0Na0Lb.png

12th December 2026
EFL League One

xLPrfj.png

With the League seemingly wide-open the boys are quickly asserting themselves as genuine contenders in the promotion race. A three goal thrashing of an out of sorts Accrington see's the impressive attacking duo and Cameron and Neal once again combine to great affect but despite their efforts my short-lived dreams of Danish dominance quickly disappeared...
NijSYM.png

A9ixlf.png

19th December 2026
EFL League One

VidRPm.png

Promotion chasing Oxford quickly bring us back down to earth courtesy of a ten minute brace. The sloppy start from the boys was almost cancelled out following some impressive attacking football from the resurgent Bees but The U's held doggedly firm to boost their Championship credentials. Thankfully I might still be able to beat them there...
CrfNpT.png

26th December 2026
EFL League One

0yAc9k.png

From the Hive to the Den? With the shot at taking over Championship heavyweights Millwall on the line, the squad is unable to give me a much needed boost as we struggle our way to a one-all draw with Oldham. Having secured a first-half lead courtesy of our Zimbabwean winger, Benyu the Owls eventually found a way back into the game with just four minutes remaining to secure the point with Millwall quickly opting to take a shot at a second generation Manager instead...
N3PhCX.png

28th December 2026
EFL League One

2dCCRE.png

Who needs Millwall? I'm going to smash my way into the Championship anyway. Another three goal demolition job has us easily skip through fellow play-off contenders Bradford. With the boys now showing they are more then capable of mixing it up with the League' best surely the second-half of the season is going to see us taken far more seriously.

December 2026
EFL League One

8qg9lY.png

Who does that work? Despite only losing narrowly to now top of the table Oxford we manage to find ourselves finally dropping down the table. Non the less with Two thumping Three goal victories under our belt, the boys are certainly showing no fear as they continue to show that their lofty League position is no fluke.

January 2027

wuXoQO.png

2nd January 2027
EFL League One

wOSCpG.png

New Year. Same Barnet. With no moves throughout the entire January transfer window the squad continues to reward my loyalty with another three goal white-wash. A struggling AFC Wimbledon this time fell victim to the in-form Bees and it seems our impressive League form is certainly drawing all the right attention...
l7Fsfc.png

9th January 2027
EFL League One

xQlqag.png

Another Three goal whitewash. For the second time this season we humiliate former Championship side Cardiff in style courtesy of our lethal strike partnership. Having put the former Premier League side to the sword, I manage to impress another fallen former top-flight outfit that briefly flirted with life in League One, the one and only Mighty Rams. Surely this is set in stone...
NBfkL0.png

12th January 2027
EFL Trophy South - 3rd Rnd

dp0ARg.png

Okay I'm starting to come round.

Continuing their campaign to improve my opinion of the competition a seemingly determined squad continues their dominant run in the EFL Trophy with a convincing victory over Southend. Our fellow League One side seemed to be as interested in this competition as I originally was as they crash convincingly out of the competition. Unfortunatley the impressive cup victory was not enough to convince the resurgent Scottish giants...
u2eOND.png

16th January 2027
EFL League One

rwyTbH.png

A tight game against a promotion chasing Barnet continues the clubs impressive run of form in the New Year as we scoop up another important victory. With both teams trading goals throughout the game, the ever classy Benyu continues to showcase his talents down the left-flank with his impressive brace proving to be enough to not only secure the victory but also another opportunity abroad...
dMz69Q.png

23rd January 2027
EFL League One
1H10A7.png

Despite cruising their way to the League Two title last year, we never actually dropped points against a now struggling Wrexham until today. A lackluster one goal draw with the Welsh side however saw us bring our New Years winning streak to an end with our promotion prospects still very much hanging in the balance. Meanwhile off the pitch I avoid an awkward conversation with the Barnet chairman to keep my job prospects wide-open...
McFzFR.png

27th January 2027
EFL League One

Rl8zRE.png

Having brushed off the Barnet board, I quickly make moves to keep my name held in the highest regard behind the scenes with a thrilling victory over Luton. With the Home side pegging us back late in the game, it took a last-ditch effort from Innes Cameron to restore winning-ways but once more my job hopes took a deflating blow...
HDlHZD.png

p3B61f.png

xrK4s4.png

January 2027
EFL League One

JcWnHA.png

Despite missing out on my dream job with the Rams, I awkwardly make amends with the board as they continue to hand me non-stop Coaching qualifications. Thankfully I can instantly repay the clubs big-wigs as we continue to mount our unexpected push for promotion as we climb back up to Third place and just two points away from the current leaders. This is happening.
6h3UdL.png

How could Derby turn me down?

My second monthly award of the season comes with the club still holding it's impressively lofty position in the League courtesy of an impressive unbeaten month of football. With the boys seemingly unfazed by life in League One, my skeptical view of our promotion prospects is quickly fading as we solidify our status as genuine contenders.

You should consider talking to the board next time that happens, could snag yourself a pay rise maybe. Still going very strong in the league, keep it up!

Looks like that sacrifice is reaping the rewards! Defo an interesting season!

Gutted about Derby. Imagine if Forest offered you the job with a big pay bump...

Only reason I didn't was because they wanted to back out of all potential job offerings. I couldn't run the risk of missing out on a place with the Rams for it! In hindsight you're very right though. Probably wasn't worth the gamble! Cheers Patrick.​

Just keep them coming and I won't end up in Footballing **** quite yet!

Hope so Battman, I even impressed myself with this season but apparently my opinion doesn't count for much!

Yeah me too Sammu but can't begrudge them resigning Rowett! Honestly it would be hard not to just pretend it hadn't happened and move on but I would like to think I could follow my own rules...no matter how much it hurt.

February 2027

lPzDIX.png

3rd February 2027
EFL Trophy - South Qtr Final

n51nN7.png

Right, that's it. This competition now matters.

It's hard to tell if we are currently just in absolute dominant form or if we are just the only club actually taking this competition remotely seriously. Fellow League One side Coventry remained as one of the only front-runners still in the competition but a dominant victory saw them crash out of the competition. Unfortunately the convincing result did little to impress in Austria.
EddoXe.png

6th February 2027
EFL League One

9rKadR.png

Back to the League and the boys continue their New Year form with a narrow victory over a struggling Sheffield United. Having dragged their way back to the fringes of the top-flight the Blades must be kicking themselves to find themselves once again struggling in the depths of League One. Perhaps an over-paid up and coming manager could restart their resurgence.

13th February 2027
EFL League One

INQbxJ.png

Having cruised past them in the EFL Trophy it seemed we were set to repeat the feat in the League as we cruised our way to a Three-One lead just minutes into the second-half but a spirited Coventry this time refused to go down without a fight as they kept plugging away for something from the game with a last minute goal ensuring a nervy finish for the travelling support.

17th February 2027
EFL League One

za7vQf.png

In the first half of the season, Grant McAuley single-handedly turned the tide of the game to salvage a point for the Millers. Six months later and the on-loan Manchester City winger this time has another large say in the outcome of the game as his straight red-card gifts the Bee's with a welcome stroll to all Three points.

20th February 2027
EFL League One

vbm7kh.png

All season I have been questioned about the shocking form of pre-season favorites Nottingham Forest and each-time I have told them I have not been surprised by their new found low. Twenty-Five minutes into the game and I was soon made to eat my words. Despite wallowing just about the relegation spots, the lowly Red's still manage to claim a deserved point.

24th February 2027
EFL Trophy South - Semi Final

l6rdvw.png

Right. Forget everything I ever said negatively about this competition...This is the be all and end all now.

We couldn't avoid the promising Youth sides any longer as we go toe to toe with Brentford's youngsters in the Semi-Final. In a thrilling encounter the Bee's showed their experience to overcome an early goal and hold a slender lead following a frantic first-half of football with some no nonsense defending keeping the tricky young side at bay to book our spot in the Final.

p27seV.png

Whilst I hastily erase every negative comment I ever made about the competition there is still plenty of time to try and stare-down our prey...

Gv4D5D.png

Bradford. Poor unsuspecting Bradford.

Having also battled their way to the Final the Bantams face the challenge of going up against a team not only currently taking names in the League but one that has also smashed Five goals past them in their previous two encounters.

Might as well hand me the trophy now then I guess.

27th February 2027
EFL League One

mc1Y9Y.png

Rounding off another stellar month of Football comes a late victory over Southend. With the visitors feverishly battling to keep up with the current play-off contenders a punishingly late goal from our midfield general, Danny Killock did little to help their wavering promotion hopes whilst simultaneously re-igniting our own.

February 2027
EFL League One

hFjiVu.png

Well I didn't expect to end up back here.

With just a handful of games remaining the club finds itself back at the top of the table. With the club seemingly starting the New Year in inspired fashion, we have taken the League by storm as both Oxford and Blackburn suffer a complete collapse in form to gift us with a six-point lead and a clear route to an unexpected title.
OKUhGG.png

I still have no idea why this is working.

I can only put this seasons form down to the Mighty "Lazy I" formation and the band of brothers that now occupy the Barnet Dressing Room. With a steadfast atmosphere and sky-high morale the clubs lofty position is no longer a fluke. This title push is happening and I'm certainly glad to be along for the ride to glory.

DerbyJack I haven't played FM since 2016 and I've not posted on FM Base since 2015, especially after being locked out of my old account which I feel I built up a good reputation on it (First Team).

I just want to say you're story is awesome and I have a the urge to give FM 18 a go again after some time away after concentrating on other things in life.

Keep u the great work, I'll be following :D!

Thanks a lot Tam! No way to recover the old account? Hope you enjoy returning back to Football Manager! You'll overtake me in no time! Thanks again!

March 2027

GTYVA6.png

6th March 2027
EFL League One

W3UdTe.png

Our winning streak in the New Year comes to a crashing end as we drop points to Bristol Rovers. With both teams trading blows right the way up until the final whistle, a frantic final ten minutes of football saw the Pirates emerge on top as a late Mellor brace proved to be enough to drag them across the finishing line with all the points in the bag.

13th March 2027
EFL League One

3p53Fw.png

With our narrow place at the top of the table already under threat a Bury side rapidly inserting themselves firmly into the Promotion race continue to pile on the pressure with another narrow victory. A goal just before the break saw the visitors take the lead with Smith's second half leveler soon cancelled out by a deserving Bury.

20th March 2027
EFL League One

Z91jzi.png

That's more like it. With the boys suffering back to back defeats and their hard-earned title credentials already under threat a much needed Two goal victory over Walsall got things back on the track just at the right time. With Neal and Cameron both finding the back of the net once more we can only hope this is the start of a punishing run of goal scoring form from the strike partners...

24th March 2027
EFL League One

hrClPp.png

Despite Innes Cameron keeping the goals coming it proves to be too little to late in a potentially crucial game against fellow promotion chasers, Blackburn. With Rovers entire setup very much ready for the Championship the well earned point was certainly not to be shrugged at in what could now prove to be an incredibly tight run in to the end of season.

27th March 2027
EFL League One

E0Kal9.png

Having surprised us earlier in the season with a shock defeat, Ebbsfleet once again repeat the feat as they claim a hard-earned point to once again put our Title hopes under threat. Despite the result we can at least take some solace in the never day die attitude of the squad as club icon, Craig Storie salvages a point with just a couple of minutes remaining.

29th March 2027
EFL League One

0s60WH.png

It seems our extraordinary run to the top of League One has come to a complete stop. A disappointing month has the boys round it off with a complete collapse against a dominant Colchester. With our usually reliable defence suddenly reminded of their lowly status in the League our promotion hopes now hang very much in the balance.

March 2027
EFL League One

ggJzgM.png

Not like this.

With just five games remaining the club suffers an instant crisis of confidence at the worst possible time. With the squad massively over-achieving this season and a number of clubs poised and ready to finally make good on their pre-season potential it is going to take all our ability to hold on to our still impressive second-place.

Last edited:
Im not on here for a few days and you go from struggling in league 2 to table topping league 1!!! Awesome going, what do you think has clicked for you at Barnet? Tactic, training or just finding the right players?

I have asked about retrieving my old account so fingers crossed :D.

You got this. And then I feel another big payday coming... Overarchieving in League One is awesome, but the Championship is tough.

DerbyJack, I actually think this is my first ever post on the forums, despite having been a member for many years. I felt the need to comment on your superb series. I am wrapped up in it completely. At work, when we're having a quiet time, I've been on my phone reading your story. Keep up the great work!

I'd love to know what team instructions you're using with your Lazy I formation? I have mirrored your formation and don't know what instructions you use. (Trying to emulate your success)

Don't take this personally Cool but is there any chance of you going on holiday anytime soon? In all seriousness I honestly have no idea. The only thing I can put it down to is club dynamics. We have a really tight knit squad thanks to a quiet transfer-window. Either that or my formation is actually game breaking...

Hope so Tam!

It's been a long time coming Sammu! Completely agree, the last few times I've landed in League One its been relatively straight forward to be fair. The Championship will definitely stretch this little club if we make it. Not sure we're ready for it!

Thanks so much Barren, I do exactly the same in my breaks at work. Snow helps wonders with down-time. Been really enjoying the start of Bally's career and loads of others on here recently.
I literally have none. Not a single instruction. It was mainly a mistake on my behalf. Despite somehow over-achieving, I am still useless at management it seems. For some reason is just works? Thanks again!​

April 2027

CK1DaB.png

4th April 2027
EFL Trophy - Final

uceoeT.png

Always said it was a terrible competition anyway.

The penultimate month of the season gets underway in deflating fashion as we leave Wembley empty handed. Having previously beaten Bradford comfortably this season the boys seemingly underestimated their opponents with a second-half winner putting pay to some woeful finishing and an all round disappointing performance. My flawless cup-final record is over.

Guess I'll just have to settle for promotion instead...

April 2027

IbuL3G.png

10th April 2027
EFL League One

OvqFc8.png

With both ourselves and Bury holding a Four point lead over the chasing pack, it seems the two of us are set to surprisingly duke it out for the title. The very fact that this is even a possibility confuses me. The fact that a Three goal victory over a play-off chasing Crewe puts us now hot on the track for a place in the Championship does little to help. This shouldn't be happening.

13th April 2027
EFL League One

eqdoHC.png

Whilst I struggle to come to terms with my new found status as a Managerial genius, I am soon brought back down to Earth by a club fully accustomed with causing upsets, Wigan Athletic. The former FA Cup winners play out a thrilling game with the promotion hunting Bees with the game fittingly ending with the points shared. The crowd-pleasing draw certainly made an impact across in Italy...
zlmewY.png

17th April 2027
EFL League One

JNG0oj.png

With my name in the running with one of Serie A's stalwarts, I manage to cast my mind away from the glitz and glammer of Italy and back to a thumping victory in a drizzly London as an Cameron inspired Barnet run riot over a hapless Chesterfield. The comfortable result brought with it mixed news...
4IYXRD.png

qb0t1f.png

24th April 2027
EFL League One

XkRp5v.png

Well, who needs Serie A when you've potential got a shot at the Championship on the cards. Well it seems I might have. With the usually unflappable Rikki Vine being sent for an early bath we battled well to cling on to a point against Accrington Stanley as our title race surely now hangs in the balance...

...apparently not.

LvhEqA.png

3PaL2U.png

Right. This is getting silly now...

April 2027
EFL League One

xDghJJ.png

Well I guess I'll just take this trophy then.

With the club expecting to put up a courageous battle against Bury they instead wrap up the title with one game remaining as our title contenders decide to simply gift us the title by slumping to a Five game win-less streak.

I have no idea how this happened. Literally no idea.

Personally I suspect Barnet will soon be the center of a massive doping scandal but one thing I do know for sure...

...I'm off to the Championship.

The lazy I is clearly the tatctic that will revolutionise the footballing world as Pep, José, Carlo, and all the other so called greats try to copy your tactics!

Superb mate, gutted you never got the Rangers job!! Or maybe its for the best who knows these days i'm getting confused with your managerial ability now!!! XD

Barnet in the Championship? Mental. Congratulations mate, well deserved. It'll be a challenge to stay up next season, if you choose to stay at the club that is.