The Football Managing Mercenary

• Thread starter Thread starter DerbyJack
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 391
  • Views Views 206K

Thanks so much Cool. What makes it slightly more embarrassing is that I must have googled it Seven times and still managed to get Cornwall and Devon all mixed up. Sorry!

February 2022

With the clubs seemingly unbreakable march to the top now looking decidedly fragile, I make a late move to bring in some reinforcements...

uV1zU4.png

gGc2GL.png

Cost: Free​

Released from Leicester, Darnell Johnson arrives at the club having been sat on the sidelines for the majority of the season. Eager to make up for lost time and with a place in the Jamaican setup very much on the line, our new found starting rightback should add some much needed depth to our seemingly rattled back line as we look to resume our hunt for promotion.

_______

cNBxNf.png

5th February 2022
National League South

at1Bcs.png

A dramatic game against my perennial enemy has me share the spoils in thrilling fashion. With each side both throwing caution into the wind the fans were treated to absolute goal-fest all the way up until the very final kick of the game. With both sides smashing in late goals the travelling Gulls faithful were left praising hat-trick hero Holman for his late all important leveler.

8th February 2022
National League South

AcCU9b.png

The Metropolitan Police started this season in surprisingly strong fashion but the rozzers have finally reached their peak and are now in the midst of spiraling back down the table. A convincing two goal victory for the Gulls combined with a late red card ensured the league new comers now face a testing end of season.

12th February 2022
National League South

VVIWbA.png

In an all too familiar tail the boys seemed to have done the hard work early as they secured an impressive two goal lead but in a dramatic collapse, some haphazard defending and a ever present Chippenham sharpshooter saw the away side smash there way back into the game as they secure a smash and grab point with two goals in a shambolic two minutes of football.

19th February 2022
National League South

wRg2gK.png

Having dumped us out of the FA Trophy and being desperate to bridge the gap to the leading pack Havant & Waterlooville sensed blood in the water as they took a first half lead but in encouraging fashion the ever reliable Eoghan Stokes heeded my calm and collected words at the break to instantly put us back into contention.

26th February 2022
National League South

54vuPK.png

With the draws wracking up in the previous games the boys thankfully do end the month on a high as we come from behind to see off Gosport. With our Welsh midfield maestro Dylan Levitt picking up a rare goal the squad once again showcases its strength in depth and it seems we're going to need it for the business end of the season...

gPacr3.png

February 2022
National League South

ILJI9v.png

Despite being unable to pick up a host of points we do still manage to keep a close grip on League Leaders Sutton as both clubs are unable to mount a charge for the title. With the League poised and ready for a thrilling run in right up to the end, the emergence of a patient Wealdston onto the title scene adds to the potential drama. Game on.

March 2022​

vlRm2S.png

5th March 2022
National League South

M9dRBT.png

No Stokes. No Problem. Make shift strike partnership of Leitch-Smith and Margetts are reunited once more and instantly pick up where they left off as the duo combine to see of Tonbridge with ease. With the duo showing signs that are more then up for filling in for the all important end of season run in, hopes are high that we can soon unseat Sutton at the top.

12th March 2022
National League South

VgX624.png

The duo once again combine to find their way onto the score-sheet in a well deserved victory over Maidenhead. Having romped our way to the points by the half time whistle, it seemed the game was set to be a routine affair for the Gulls but some devastating news late in the match will certainly have an impact on our promotion hopes...

bcDemL.png

19th March 2022
National League South

U3Oww0.png

With both starting strikers now sidelined to the end of the season, the Gulls are unable to craft out a goal in a lifeless affair against a Slough side desperately trying to claw out a place in the playoffs. With both Holman and Margetts proving that they are capable of their own moments of brilliance at this level we can only hope the duo of fringe strikers can cease the opportunity...

26th March 2022
National League South

Vr1kza.png

...Well they scored. Holman's clinical penalty suggested we might be on for a crucial victory to round off the penultimate month of the season against my former club but it seems the Wings are determined to ensure my resentment for them grows ever stronger as they smash the boys across the pitch to stun the Plainmoor faithful.

March 2022
National League South

GKM5aN.png

Despite the end of month wobble and the club set to complete the season without either of there superb strike-force fit enough to make the firstteam we somehow sit top of the table with just one month of football remaining. With the League run in seemingly wide open for the taking its going to be a race to bundle our way across the line.

April 2022​

ahbNkW.png

2nd April 2022
National League South

aUEi3k.png

A busy run in to the end gets off to what could prove to be a costly start as we slip up against high-flying Salisbury. With the boys quickly snuffing out Salisbury's surprise lead just before the mid-way point of the game, it seemed the Gulls were well up for the fight but a lifeless second half saw Salisbury eventually dominate the fixture deservedly taking the points.

9th April 2022
National League South

jCzg2F.png

That's more like it. Back to winning ways. Grinding out the result the boys manage to hold Woking at bay as they maintain their slender lead courtesy of left winger Cunningham and the increasingly reliable Dan Holman. It might not have been the prettiest of games but at this stage we are just in it for the points as we wrap up at least the consolation prize...
3Ehvj3.png

16th April 2022
National League South

WaCBep.png

Despite having the stuffing knocked out of him last month, Leitch-Smith makes a rather bewildered run on and shakes of his concussion with the opening goal of the game. Club Icon in the making. With the surprise lead, Summer signing Dylan Levitt doubles our tally late on as we fire a warning shot at our fellow promotion chasers.

18th April 2022
National League South

5NwjPP.png

A cruel fixture list gives us just one full day of recovery between the games but non the less it is still the returning Leitch-Smith that proves to be the unlikely hero as he once again comes to the clubs rescue salvaging what could prove to be an absolutely vital point in a surprisingly challenging tie against mid-table Bath. It's going to be a close one...

NEN7RW.png

23rd April 2022
National League South

eF4YHQ.png

Welcome back. With points at a premium the returning Eoghan Stokes re-joins Leitch-Smith in the starting lineup, smashing home an emphatic hat-trick to reestablish himself as the clubs star striker. With the duo seeing off the potential tricky third place Wealdstone with ease, we might just be about to end this season with the title the boys deserve...

GSiK7K.png

30th April 2022
National League South

v9dzUr.png

Down to the wire. With nothing certain we head into the final game of the season with everything still to play for but are unable to seal the deal in a feisty draw against Hungerford. With Stokes contract up at the end of the season, the Irishman does his best to seemingly say goodbye to Plainmoor on a high but with the boys unable to see out the game we simply had to await news from Sutton.

We didn't have to wait long...

Mtzp56.png

vUts2g.png

April 2022
National League South
tNcnY1.png

Phew.

With Sutton unable to pick up a potentially League winning victory in their final game, the draw at Plainmoor proves to be just enough to clinch a well deserved title as we lift the trophy holding just a two point gap over a dejected United. The footballing gods have finally smiled upon me.

Five seasons. It's not even that long but for a manager who has already squandered away at four lowly sides, been sacked twice, and relegated once this title means the world.

Huge congrats Jack, is that your first trophy on one of these stories? Hopefully the first of many during this career anyway, might help you land a job in the Football Leagues too!

Well done mate, finally a bit of luck for you! Onwards and upwards from here!

Success! Onwards and upwards from here mate, momentum is with you. Next stop Real Madrid.

Finally some success! In my save when I won the Conference North with Boston I was offered the Oldham job in League one, so hopefully bigger (and more well paid) things are to come for you.

Always nice to get some silverware, interesting to see if you hang around at Torquay or not

Always nice to get some silverware, interesting to see if you hang around at Torquay or not

Jack's all about the money so there's no way he's hanging around if a bigger club with higher wages comes in

Thanks very much Patrick. I think you might be right...that's worrying. This could be the boost I need!

Cheers Neavie! Here's hoping!

Thanks Sammu! Torquay and Madrid aren't too far apart...

Good job Worthy, I can only hope this silverware erases my past...maybe then I'll get a shot at the Football League!

Cheers Ninja, I've certainly enjoyed my time with the Gulls but things aren't looking good for us...

Indeed I am Harv! I just need to find some one foolish enough to take me on!

For the first time in my career, I have tasted the sweet flavor of success.

With the my first trophy in the cabinet, I take a genuine tentative step towards the likes of our current top three...

[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table, width: 800, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]
gWhYxFB.png
[/TD]
sYaDww.png
[/TD]
iJa1U8n.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Jose Mourinhio[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Deigo Simeone[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Massimiliano Allegri[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Atletico Madrid[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Manchester City[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]£250,000 per week[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£190,000 per week[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£160,000 per week[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The seemingly untouchable Special One remains rooted to the top of the standings, adding both the Premier League and Champions League to his already jam packed haul of silverware.

For the chasing pack of Simeone and Allegri it's a quick swap around as Atletico's talismanic Argentinian manager nips up into second place in the standings despite not picking up any trophies this season, whilst Allegri's dominance of Italy ends in yet another Serie A title before he takes a commendable pay-cut in order to face Jose face to face at the helm of their cross city rivals Manchester City.

Whilst the top three continue to rake in the money, I can only hope that my newly acquired trophy results in a long awaited increase in earnings as I swan my way into the Torquay boardroom...
Mkz3no.png

Well. That didn't go as planned.

Having ended the clubs spiral down the tables and instantly returned them to the National League I fully expected a grateful chairman to reward me in style. It seems I'm not quite the main priority.

ORXBNV.png

Despite the team's raise back up the standings, the club slides worryingly closer to a million pounds worth of debt, as the money still fails to return to the down-trodden Gulls, unsurprisingly theirs no room to bolster my lowly contract.

Disappointing.

With my wallet still worryingly empty it seems my time with The Gulls is already winding to a close.

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 260, align: center"]
[TR]
EmFc6LO.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Derby Jack[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Torquay United[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]£450 per week[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

With my wages still insulting low, I waste little time in making the most of my recent success as I spread my CV far and wide in the search of the all important money.

With my National League South trophy still very firmly in my grip, it's not long before the offers come rolling in...
FF0AKL.png

848SXA.png

TMsw3F.png

With interest from the Football League and even Holland, I can only hope to find my deserved pay raise else where.

I've got ground to make up and no time to waste.

Torquay might have saved my career but it's going to take another club to salvage this challenge.

Fingers crossed...

Last edited:

Not exactly what I was hoping for LuckDuck but heck if they've got the funds, I'm certainly interested!

With hopes of the Football League and even a shot abroad in Holland flooding through my mind, I packed my bags and awaited my hasty exit from Devon.

Things didn't entirely work out.
3MIFps.png

KJeN4R.png

uf8teV.png

...Well that didn't go as planned.

With a month by month contract the only thing behind me, I quickly return my attention to The Gulls as I look to quickly make an impact in our new found League and try my hand once more at earning a way back into the money.

If I'm going to do it soon, I'm going to need to quickly make some moves in an all important transfer window...

AJsWG0.png

Back to reality...

The National League is shaping up to be a competitive one this year with a number of former Football League clubs set to duke it out with us in a shot at breaking back into the big time.

With the boys more then proving their worth last season, it was simply a matter of filling in some gaps with what little money the club has left to put us in contention for the season to come...

Unfortunately one very big one appeared as the end of June rolled around...

uPsdxz.png

Eoghan is out of here.

The clubs star striker spent a large part of last season in the treatment room but still managed to make a huge impact in our push to promotion but finally reached the end of his patience in Torquay opting to try his hand at a higher level.

E1yJrk.png

Just one permanent departure from the club as right midfielder Tom Shaw is scooped up by Scottish Championship side, Hamilton for fifteen thousand pounds. Having impressed down the flank for the entirety of last season Shaw's departure leaves a huge gap in our creative midfield.

Before I get stuck into reviewing a busy window of signings has anyone else noticed that just about every-regen looks like some kind of teenage bond villain?

qs4rZt.png

Ta6TKb.png

Arriving first through the door comes former Manchester City starlet, Osian Griffiths. The Welsh meastro is able to run the entire show through the middle of the park and should combine perfectly alongside his countryman Dylan Levitt in the middle of the field, with his passing a level above the rest of the play-makers in this division.

yT3rBq.png

With the defence performing admirably last season there was little reason to upset the apple cart in the starting back-line but Eighteen year old prodigy Nathan Potts release from Everton presented us with the perfect opportunity to add some solid depth and a future solid defender to the ranks without splashing the cash.

EkvnLi.png

Having spent the last two seasons on loan with the club Aussie left-back Reagan Ogle is finally made a permanent signing as he is released from League Two's Accrington Stanley. Despite the football league side seemingly not seeing much in the defender, he is certain to play a key tole in getting the goals one step closer back to the promised land.

nwuoiE.png

With Eoghan Stoke's departure there was always going to be one signing that took centre stage. Step forward John English. The Twenty-One year Old arrives at the club having slipped down the pecking order from the heights of United and West Ham but will be looking to finally assert his dominance with a starting spot in the Gulls eleven.

H4xboH.png

Cost: Loan - End of Season​

With Tom Shaw heading across the border into Scotland we turn to the loan marker for a suitable replacement opting to bring in Reading's promising young midfielder David Mitchell to do the job down the flank. The rapid wingers blistering speed alone should tear it up at this level and well beyond.

kmkqEo.png

Mitchell might be the spark down the right hand side, but fellow new arrival Ryan Broom certainly has enough about him to add some much needed competition out wide. What he may lack in pace compared to his fellow winger, Ryan makes up for in simple technical ability that should still cause left backs trouble for the season to come.

AR9KXA.png

Arriving late in the window comes new starting keeper, Marcin Brzozowski. The club has been playing a risky game in the last few season with only one recognised keeper in the first team but our new Polish shot stopper certainly takes care of that issue instantly picking up the Number One shirt for an all important season in the National League.

Making the most of what little funds remain within Torquay's books we've managed to craft together quite the squad here.

With an understandably cautious board merely happy just to assure survival this season, the newly formed squad should have more then enough in there locker to maintain The Gulls raise back up the rankings and more importantly attract attention from a potential new employer.

Go out there and make me some money boys...

Fingers crossed for the season seeing as how the end of season plans didn't quite work out

It's no wonder your players look like Bond villains, you literally have a player named Johnny English. He's got to have some bad guys to beat...

Mine too Neavie! I could do with the boost!

I did notice that too, just a shame he doesn't resemble Mr Bean! In all seriousness my regen faces certainly feel worse then previous version

Preseason 2022

kwutpt.png

9th July 2022
Friendly

QJgZUh.png

My first attempt at trying to galvanize the squad into attracting some attention from elsewhere results in a rather demoralising defeat to Fulhams Under Twenty-Threes. With the squad seemingly struggling to gel with their new found squad mates, early signs for the season ahead don't exactly flood the camp with confidence.

16th July 2022
Friendly

3vvxnU.png

That's more like it. Impressing on his trial, Gareth Weedon make his one and probably only impact in a Yellow shirt as he smashes home the opening goal, whilst the ever reliable Leitch-Smith reminds the Torquay faithful just how crucial he is to the teams opportunities as he finishes off any hopes of Worthing leaving the game with anything to smile about.

23rd July 2017
Friendly

VBlsN5.png

Triallist Glenn Briscoe makes the most of his week with the club as he bags a game winning brace over Staines to try and put his name in the running for a contract ion Devon. Unfortunately for the impressive young forward, the man of the moment himself quickly stole back the spot light as a Leitch-Smith thunderbolt wrapped up a convincing victory.

30th July 2017
Friendly

ogzwHg.png

Continuing the trend of impressive trialists, it is this time Karl Smith that showcases his talents. The former Manchester City youngster finished off Tiverton with two goals coming just before the half and final whistle ensuring that the boys swan back to Torquay with their heads held high...

I'll take that.

Despite the early blip against Fulhams young prodigies we turn things around to end the preseason on the back of three convincing victories.

One slight issue however.

Aside from the ever present Leitch-Smith, is was really a host of failed trialists that shone brightest...and I signed the only one that failed to score. I'm sure Johnny English won't let me down when it counts.

Last edited:

August 2022​

hHptXL.png

6th August 2022
National League

NRXgnX.png

My second shot at life in the National League with the Gulls starts worryingly similar to how it ended the first time as we are easily seen off by Chesterfield. The Spireites wasted little time in giving us a true welcome to the life on the edge of the football league with the only highlight of the game coming in the shape of a Jonny English debut goal. Things can only get better...

13th August 2022
National League

XZTi9t.png

...Boy can they. In stunning fashion the boys instantly reward the Plainmoor crowd with a stellar performance as they demolish a Kettering side seemingly yet to start playing football this year. Another English goal opened the flood gates from the get go but it was the ever present Leitch-Smith that stole the show with a four goal haul. Surely that's a real sign of things to come...

16th August 2022
National League

iJE20e.png

What is happening? Having made no changes to the starting eleven the boys flop to a disappointing defeat as FC Halifax stuff their pockets and flee Plainmoor with all three points. With Leitch-Smith and English both continuing their fine early form, the duo can only sit back and watch as they rest of the team implodes behind them. Jekyll and Hyde.

20th August 2022
National League

W0JdbZ.png

Continuing to be completely unpredictable the boys go from thirteen goals in the last two games to a complete snooze-fest back at Plainmoor. I would love to say this more resilient showing was as a result of my tactical tinkering but once again this came from the same first eleven that collected goals for fun in the last two games. Interesting start.

27th August 2022
National League

GcR1Cw.png

A more encouraging display awaits us in the next game as a return to scoring ways has us overcome Havant & Waterlooville's early opening goal. Having been crucial to our promotion last season, it seems Leitch-Smith is already ensuring he maintains his key player status in the National League with another goal adding to his impressive early tally.

29th August 2022
National League

WXiYSj.png

Ensuring we end the month in suitably mixed fortunes the boys round off August with a complete no-show against Macclesfield. With the squad seemingly forgetting to bring their shooting boots on the away day journey we fail to trouble Macclesfield's relaxed defence as they ease their way to a convincing two goal victory. Sloppy.

August 2022
National League

o0UXBC.png

One month in to the season and I have preciously no idea how we are going to fair this season. With the boys showing smatterings of brilliance in between some rather suspect displays the club fittingly finds itself lodged in mid-table. Despite the mixed fortunes it's safe to say should we maintain our obscure position in the League, I will be more then happy.

September 2022​

msXZgW.png

3rd September 2022
National League

AH4sT4.png

When I started my career with FC United, Salfords raise to the top seemed inevitable but the Class of 92's pet project have stalled massively in the National League having briefly flirted with an instant promotion into the football league. A goalless draw with the Leagues new-boys did little to help their rejuvenated efforts to finally slide into League Two.

10th September 2022
National League

qVJLR8.png

Jonny English sometimes displays a first touch of someone who fears a football but when he does muster the courage to charge forward his right foot has proven to be lethal at this level. Despite the strikers brace however the real heroes come forth in the shape of our defensive duo Potts and Storey both making the most of two late corners to steal a fortunate three points.

13th September 2022
National League

Na7xfB.png

Three games unbeaten. Progress. It might be early days into my tenure with the club in the National League but that doesn't mean these early results don't matter. As I desperately try to draw the attention of a new employer, late point saving goals such as Liam Trusloves could prove to be invaluable in my job hunting efforts...

17th September 2022
National League

5neSgN.png

...Late efforts like this however will do me no favors at all. With English looking to guide us towards a victory over preseason favorites, Stockport it seemed the boys were about to pull off a shock victory but with just a handful of minutes remaining on the clock, County turned up the heat showcasing their title credentials with a late duo of goals.

24th September 2022
National League

jOqeIi.png

Should I find a new club in the forth coming season it's going to be rather difficult saying goodbye to such a gutsy bunch of players. Bouncing immediately back from the disappointing defeat in the previous game, the boys send a firm message to the League as they casually see off Hereford to restore the club to winning ways. We're not just making up the numbers.

September 2022
National League

iLd81e.png

A strong month of football see's the club mount a tiny unbeaten run as well as showing their ability to swing it out with the best the League has to offer. Despite the encouraging signs another mixed month of results keeps the club rooted to their safe position in the middle of the table. Time to dig our heels in.

I cant quite work out if I'm relieved to be looking at a mid-table finish or if I miss that little bit of drama at either ends of the table!

October 2022

iXGiAG.png

1st October 2022
National League

zunkuC.png

Since I arrived on the footballing scene, Tranmere have been hammering on the door to get there way back into the Football League. A comfortable two goal victory saw Rovers continue a promising run of recent form as they glide away from us in mid-table and mount yet another push for promotion into the promised land. We're someway off the best in the League.

4th October 2022
National League

sMA8rc.png

Despite the unwelcome wake up call from Tranmere, the boys continue to hold their heads high as they battle there way to a grueling victory over Aldershot. With both sides seemingly happy to give the defence the weekend off, the goals flew in at Plainmoor but continuing to prove ever reliable when called upon, sub Dan Holman rifled home a bazooka of a penalty to secure the victory.

8th October 2022
National League

wTnKSh.png

When the boys are up for it their ability to never say die is truly admirable. Having gone in at the break on the wrong end of a two goal scoreline, the squad headed back out against Blyth with fists clenched and determination etched across their faces. A frantic two minute spell saw the rejuvenated squad impressively claim an impressive point. Clearly the turnaround impressed...
T2bqbl.png

15th October 2022
FA Cup - 4th Qual. Rnd
gIPxSd.png

With the Managerial merry-go-round clearly creaking into life at this early stage of the season the boys put on a clinical display against lowly Beaconsfield to ensure my recent interest from the Football League at least has some backing to it. A Leitch-Smith quadruple however proved to be not be enough to claw my way up North...
9F8S2a.png

22nd October 2022
National League

8HDEpI.png

No time to think about what could have been as this admirable squad instantly lift my spirits with a convincing home victory over a struggling Morecambe. In the battle of the beachside it was young winger David Mitchell that opened the scoring with a seemingly rejuvenated Jonny Margetts bagging his second goal in as many games. Strength in depth.

25th October 2022
National League

fsbjHL.png

Yeovil's relegation out of the Football League has clearly hit the Glovers hard as the former League Two stalwarts are dispatched by the inform Gulls. Having sat on the bench for the majority of the early days of this season, Margetts continues to make up for lost time with defender Matty Eldson continuing our trend of well worked corner routines.

29th October 2022
National League

uCIpck.png

Jonny Margetts take a bow. Having impressed throughout the month already, our veteran striker caps a sensational month at the head of the club with a game winning hat-trick. Hartlepool had previously been enjoying a comfortable run into the playoffs but the long journey to Devon soon threw their plans in the air as we ****** our third victory in a row.

October 2022
National League

4i2u6a.png

On the back of a fantastic run of games, the boys finally make some progress up from fourteenth as we cruise yet further towards safety in Eleventh. Despite only playing three months of football I'm already feeling relatively comfortable with the teams chances in the division and more importantly of drawing some attention from the Football League.
1vhCnn.png

As I keep a beady eye on the job market, I'm quickly slapping an unexpected Manager of the month award onto my hastily written CV as I look to lure in any club with money to snap me up. If this form keeps up however I could soon find myself on the way to the Football League with the Gulls!

November 2022

xL2neP.png

6th November 2022
FA Cup - 1st Rnd

qgmaLE.png

For the first time in my career we actually make it to the first round proper of the FA Cup. In stylish fashion the boys take to the field against League Two's Cambridge without fear and in a second half display that added to our potential promotion credentials we eased past the U's and into the hat for the second round. The shock victory could well have a massive impact upon my career...
cn4oud.png

LgiyTY.png

12th November 2022
National League

YEVFpW.png

Madrid, Milan, Paris. They don't quite compare with a miserable pointless afternoon in Grimsby. With Cambridge taking the novel approach of offering an interview to the Manager that ended the tenure of their previous one and fellow National League side, Yeovil offering me a cheeky shortcut up the standings it seems my tenure at cash-strapped Torquay might be drawing to a close...
qtzAml.png

5aJEPx.png

0AoDFV.png

19th November 2022
National League

SsKEPN.png

...Or maybe I'll just stay. With Cambridge opting for experience to try and salvage their Football League status and Yeovil simply turning up their nose at me, I'm left with the consolation prize of an opportunity with Northampton. A two goal defeat and a major injury added to the humiliation of already being laughed off as unworthy by the Cobblers fans. Brilliant.

13KHP8.png

22nd November 2022
National League

NVcRKL.png

The boys continue to showcase my formidable talents to my potential new employers as they are torn to pieces with ease by a rampant Southport. With our Polish keeper sidelined for nearly a year, early signs do not look good as slim playoff hopes go up in smoke. Will someone please offer me a route out...
gW8h9u.png

F8wKUs.png

26th November 2022
National League

g827Na.png

Alex ****** Meecham. Having been roundly humiliated by the former Bradford Park Avenue manager in my early days at Guiseley my despised rival continues to rub it in my face as he slips in to grab the Northampton Town job ahead of me. Thankfully back in Torquay the boys dramatically end this torrid run of form to put me at least in good standing for a shot at Meecham's scraps...

29th November 2022
National League

hHminP.png

Whilst I continue to mumble and grumble about Meecham whilst he swans his way nonchalantly into the Football League, the boys leave it late to claw back a point against a Boston side scrapping to join us in the middle of the table. For myself however it seem's I've finally had a breakthrough....of sorts.
LN7Jyu.png

November 2022
National League

uX9mIy.png

As I now confirm myself as one of the most hated men in Guiseley, I leave Torquay still lodged in the middle of the table. Truth be told if it wasn't for the fact that Torquay are still leaking money faster then I can even fathom, I would have loved to see how far this incredible little squad could go....

Non the less. We're back off up North!

Back