The Goodison Grind.

• Thread starter Thread starter landorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 67K
Great effort to win the league! Well done..
Of course, I'll follow :)

Loving reading this story! How long do you think you will stay at Everton for?! Anyway keep up the good work mate :)

Loving reading this story! How long do you think you will stay at Everton for?! Anyway keep up the good work mate :)

Thanks! Cant see myself leaving them for a long time if at all! Enjoying the game so much its hard to stop playing and update on here lol!!!

End of Season 2015-2016
View attachment 291006
View attachment 291008Jan Kirchhoff voted Players Player of the Year

View attachment 291009
Christian Eriksen voted Players Young Player of the Year

Tim Smith awarded Manager of the Year

Paris St Germain win the Champions League with a Penalty shootout victory over Manchester United

View attachment 291010
Board announced Stadium expansion at Goodison Park of 9,000 seats - only taken 4 years to get this done!!!

Transfer budget set at 1.9m wages and 12.5m on transfers
- New Chairman is just as tight as the old one!

View attachment 291008
Jan Kirchoff named Everton fans Player of the Year

---Fulham sack Steve Clarke, Alan Shearer installed as new manager---
---Southampton sack Nigel Adkins, Steve McClaren takes over---
---Wigan sack Paul Jewell, Sam Allardyce is the new man there---

Finally Switzeland win the 2016 European Championships! Their manager is Roberto Di Matteo!

Next time: Transfers for the new season - Some big moves involving some BIG names...As usual Everton need to sell to spend but some bargains can be found ;)

TRANSFER WINDOW JULY/AUGUST 2016
View attachment 291011

***I managed to arrange the signings of 3 top class players back in January, They have cost the club nothing and I am pleased to announce them to you now:

View attachment 291023View attachment 291024View attachment 291025

Sergio Canales comes to use from Valencia, Guiseppe Rossi signs from Villareal and James Rodriguez has swapped the shirt of Porto to play for us here at Goodison! Delighted with captures and they give the squad a real boost!

View attachment 291026

I am also pleased to announce the capture of young Carlos Pascual, he already has plenty of talent and will go straight in to the first 11, a bit pricey at £30 million but I feel that he will prove his worth for years to come!
View attachment 291027

I can also announce the signing of RB Sime Vrsaljko from Newcastle for a bargain £16.5m, he will play in his natural position and I will be asking talented young frenchman Gregoire Vincent to take the left back spot this year.
A few Youngsters from England and abroad have also been snapped up and after adding their tribunal fees to the outgoings we have spend at total of £62 million.

Obviously I need to balance the books and make a significant profit to keep the club afloat so there are some big name departures this summer:

Moussa Sissoko to AC Milan for £24.5m
Simon Stuckmann to Man City for £23.5m
Sebastian Giovinco to Seville for £16m
Aaron Teodoro to Bolton for £11.25m
Siem De Jong to Leeds for £7.5m
Christian Fuchs to Toulouse for £4.7m

Healthy profits have been made on all my outgoings, a few youngsters who won't make it here and have been moved on - Our total intake from transfers is an impressive£105 million. This should satisfy the board, our wages are at an acceptable level and there is money in the bank for future deals if required.

---Destro set to leave Everton---

I have decided to due to injury proneness Mattia Destro can leave the club on loan this season, Esref Aydogan has proven himself as more than capable replacement.

Rennes have come in with offer of £400k per month for a season loan. Destro can prove his fitness and will be welcomed back if successful.

My starting 11 this season will be:

GK: Courtois
RB Vrseljko
CB Ranguin
CB Kirchhoff
LB Vincent (training in this position but already competent)
BWM Pascual
DLP Witsel
IFR Wellington Nem
AM Eriksen/Rossi
IFL Rodriguez/Greenwood
P Aydogan

Starting Squad:
View attachment 291028

Next time: Pre-season, Merseyside derby in the Community Shield and the Premier league kicks off!

Impressive signings again, im glad you dont get too attach to players and can change it up without hesitation

Yeah, I wouldnt want to leave Everton if I was having seasons like you are lol, some great signings made again there!!

Mate, you are a football managing God! Congrats on the success since my last post, which seems ages ago now! Now it's time to go and make it 3 out of 4 Champions League successes!!

Impressive signings again, im glad you dont get too attach to players and can change it up without hesitation

Thanks mate, I get attached to some players but sometimes you've got to do what's best for the team and to keep from getting bored!

Yeah, I wouldnt want to leave Everton if I was having seasons like you are lol, some great signings made again there!!

Thanks mate!

Mate, you are a football managing God! Congrats on the success since my last post, which seems ages ago now! Now it's time to go and make it 3 out of 4 Champions League successes!!

Thanks mate, going to try and get the next season typed up as quick as time allows, its an interesting one to say the least!

SEASON 2016/17 - Pre-Season & August
[made more tweaks to the layout so hopefully I can update quicker]
View attachment 291084

Season Expectations:

Premier League - Title Challenge
FA Cup - Final
Capital One Cup - Don't care!
Champions League - Semi Final

Pre-Season:

LA Galaxy [away] W 3-0
Vancouver [away] W 4-0
Barnet [away] W 3-1
Granada [home] W 1-0

*A strong showing in the friendlies, but as always I only take notice of performance in the games that really matter!*

FA Community Shield

Sun 7th: Liverpool [Wembley]
W 2-1
Greenwood [64] Aydogan [65]

Suarez [69]
MOM: Ranguin [8.7]

View attachment 291104
Everton win the Community Shield!

*It may not be an important piece of silverware but I celebrate any time we beat our red rivals, and to have a trophy to show for it is just great, our 2 youngsters grabbing the goals for us today, they have a big season ahead*

---Adryan injured for 3 months---

*This kid has no luck with injuries, he has fallen well behind in the pecking order and his development has serious been affected*

PREMIER LEAGUE OPENING WEEKEND
Sat 13th: Bolton [away]
W 3-2
Aydogan [16, 29] Eriksen [45]

Thorne [77] Eagles [90]
MOM: Aydogan [8.8]

*We were out of sight by half time, or so I thought, Bolton tried to fight back but it was too little too late! A good win to get our season up and running*

Sat 20th: Leicester [home]
W 3-0
Aydogan [18, 32, 43]
MOM: Aydogan [9.6]

*We welcomed the new boys to the league by dishing out a great first half performance, young starlet Esref Aydogan grabbing himself a sublime hat-trick. 2 wins out of 2, can't ask for much more than that!*

---Champions League Group Draw---
Schalke, Everton, Valencia, GNK Dinamo

*Incredibly we were only seeded 2nd for the draw this year and therefore have landed quite a difficult group*

EFC Player of the Month:

View attachment 291115
Esref Aydogan

Next time: September - Huge Double injury blow to Toffees, Goals Galore this month!!!

SEASON 2016/17 - September
View attachment 291117
---Axel Witsel hurt on International duty, our for 3 months---

*I, like every other club manager, dislike the meaningless friendlies, especially when it results in an injury to one of my Key players! I was looking for Axel to push on this year after a so-so debut season...but we will have to wait now as he's on the treatment table for a while*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 5th: QPR [home]
W 5-1
Rodriguez [1, 60] Isco [4, 28, 29]

Cisse [53]
MOM: Isco [9.6]

*James Rodriguez announced himself to the Goodison faithful with a well taken brace; but all the plaudits have to go to Isco, a fantastic performance where he helped himself to brilliant hat-trick. Great performance*

---Eriksen injured for 4 weeks---
*Our Goodison injury curse seems to be in full flow again this season, fortunately I have options to replace the influential Dane*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP B
Tue 13th: Valencia [away]
W 5-4
Greenwood [24, 72] Aydogan [66, 79, 88]

Soldado [20, 52] Juami [23, 39]

*A stunning second half performance where we came back from 4-1 down to win the match!!! Our young forwards did remarkable here sharing the goals between them!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 17th: Norwich [home]
W 3-0
Aydogan [2, p.8, p.29]
MOM: Aydogan [9.4]

*Back to back hat-tricks! The young lad has reacted amazingly to becoming our number one striker this season!*

---Rossi injured for 4 months---
*Ok, our injury curse if definitely in full force again this season! However I had my concerns over the injury proneness of Rossi, I've decided that I'll try to move him on when he regains fitness*

CAPITAL ONE CUP 3rd ROUND
Tue 20th: Watford [home]
W 4-2
Shotton og [25] Ranguin [67] Aydogan [p.78, 84]

Deeney [42] Vellios [43]
MOM: Aydogan [8.4]

*We started the game with a blend of youth and experience, but we didn't turn the game around until our more established players came off the bench! Glad to see ex-player Vellios do well as we have a hefty sell-on clause attached to the player!*

---Destro breaks down in France---

*It seems the curse isn't limited to just players in my squad, Destro (on loan at Rennes) will be out for 3 months with a nasty knee injury. The French club will still be paying us £400k a month for the privilege of Mattia using their treatment table!*

PREMIER LEAGUE

Sat 24th: Manchester United [away]
L 0-1
Van Persie [22]

MOM: Kirchhoff [8.3]

*Our first defeat of the season but in all honesty we were unlucky to come away from Old Trafford with nothing!*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP B
Wed 28th: Schalke [home]
W 5-1
Aydogan [66, 79, 88] Wellington Nem [39] Jagielka [75]

Rastoka [70]

*We annihilated the Germans, Aydogan has two hat-tricks in our two opening group games, we have beaten both of the so-called bigger teams in our group and are in a strong position going into week 3*

Everton Player of the Month:

View attachment 291119
Esref Aydogan - 11 goals in 6 games

Next time: October - More league, cup and European action and thankfully no more injuries!

SEASON 2016/17 OCTOBER
View attachment 291122

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 1st: Wolves [home]
D 1-1
Kirchhoff [31]

Vermouth [77]

*We let them back into the game and they punished us by grabbing the equaliser*

Sat 15th: Newcastle [away]
W 2-1
Wellington Nem [30] Aydogan [41]

Ba [81]
MOM: Isco [9.0]

*Always a tough place to go so I am delighted with our performance, our interlinking forward play is a joy to behold sometimes*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP B
Wed 19th: Dinamo [home]
Greenwood [10] Eriksen [64] Aydogan [90+1]
MOM: Greenwood [8.2]

*To be fair I expected the win and the lads didn't disappoint! We are in a strong position in what was supposed to be a really tough group*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 22nd: West Ham [away]
D 1-1
Wellington Nem [8]

Sheridan [35]

*A very sloppy performance from us here, these are games we should be winning even this early in the season, lucky to escape with a point*

CAPITAL ONE CUP 4th ROUND
Tue 25th: Blackburn [away]
L 2-4
Barkley [41] Greenwood [44]
Rhodes [7, 54] Murray [38] Dicko [64]

*The youths couldn't manage to win this one, they did well to get level from 2 nil down but Blackburn were much stronger in the second half and pulled away to knock us out. I feel its a blessing in disguise as we can focus on the competitions that mean more to me personally*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 29th: Reading [home]
4-1
Kirchhoff [10] Greenwood [20, 45] Robson-Kanu og [38]

Yacob [71]
MOM: Greenwood [9.4]

*Back to winning ways with a bang! Greenwood has developed into a very accomplished forward, we will be seeing more of him this season*

View attachment 291126Duncan Greenwood

League Table:
View attachment 291127
Tight at the top but a long long way to go

Next Time: November - 3 CL games and league games in succession against Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City! Who makes these schedules!

SEASON 2016/17 - NOVEMBER
View attachment 291153
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP B
Tue 1st: Dinamo [away]
W 5-2
Aydogan [5] Eriksen [31] Greenwood [45, 67] Wellington Nem [79]

Madjarick [65, 89]
MOM: Greenwood [9.4]

*A clinical performance from the lads here, guaranteeing qualification with 2 games to go, this will give me a chance to give some youngsters valuable European experience*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 5th: Stoke [home]
L 0-1
Rodriguez og [83]

*Really annoying to lose at home, obviously we can point to the long journey we had to make in midweek but we really should have done better!*

Sat 12th: Arsenal [away]
W 4-3
Eriksen [22] Wellington Nem [28] Aydogan [36] Greenwood [55]
Fischer [51] Papadopoulos [59] Sagna [62]
MOM: Eriksen [9.1]

*The lads redeemed themselves here with a fantastic performance away at the Emirates! slightly concerned that we almost let them back into it and we must tighten up defensively as this was the first of a tough run of league games, fortunately we are in a position where I can rest players in Europe*

---Newcastle sack Alan Curbishley, Lee Clark appointed new manager---

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP B
Wed 16th: Valencia [home]
D 0-0
Vincent sent off [48]
MOM: Kirchoff [8.9]

*We did really well here, playing the majority of the second half with only 10 men. We even had chances to win the game but overall a draw was the fair result*

---Christian Eriksen suffers re-occurrence of injury, out for 6 weeks---

*Not what we wanted just before a Merseyside derby at Anfield!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 19th: Liverpool [away]
W 3-2
Aydogan [23, 35] Greenwood [85]

Bennett [59] Walcott [90+2]

*I'm a very proud boss this evening! We were fantastic against our rivals, winning at their place makes it even more sweeter, Benitez's boys didn't stand a chance!*

Tue 22nd: Chelsea [home]
W 2-1
Kirchhoff [25] Rodriguez [54]

Jovetic [11]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.7]

*A fantastic come from behind win, Chelsea aren't the force they once were but still have plenty of quality in their side. We are on a good run right now against the top sides and have another test at the weekend*

Sat 26th: Manchester City [home]
W 2-0
Aydogan [47] Wellington Nem [60]
MOM: Ranguin [8.8]

*I am astonished, 4 wins out of 4 against some of the leagues premier teams! We were strong here and never gave City time to settle on the ball and then stepping through the gears early in the second half*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP B
Tue 29th: Schalke [away]
L 0-3
Jagielka sent off [61]
Belhanda [5] Huntelaar [78] Barnetta [87]

*Again the squad players had a run out, we were doing ok until Jagielka got himself sent off and Schalke punished us as we tired...Nevermind, this loss won't take away from what a great month its been at the club*

View attachment 291152
Jan Kirchhoff
Some towering performances at the back helped us to success this month

League Table:
View attachment 291160
We storm to the top of the league with Stoke City emerging as a surprise package this year

Next time: December - 7 Prem games and a couple of managerial changes

SEASON 2016/2017 - DECEMBER

View attachment 291166
---Chelsea sack Dan Petrescu, Fatih Terim appointed manager---

---Aston Villa sack Kevin Keegan, appoint Pellegrini as boss---

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 3rd: Leeds [away]
D 2-2
Kirchhoff [1] Wellington Nem [58]
De Jong [47, 54]

*A former player came back to haunt us this afternoon, we started brightly but soon fell into playing scrappily, pleased to get a point though as it could have been a surprise loss for us*

Sat 10th: Southampton [home]
3-1
Aydogan [24, 32, 83] Wellington Nem sent off [69]
Rodriguez [12]
MOM: Aydogan [9.5]

*The young striker had been quiet for a few games but reminded us all of his great talent by hitting a lovely hat-trick. Wellington Nem was harshly sent off for what the ref thought was a dive! He was clearly clipped as he ran into their box!*

Wed 14th: Tottenham [away]
W 3-0
Kirchhoff [28] Vincent [85] Isco [88] Ranguin sent off [90]
MOM: Kirchhoff [9.0]

*A brilliant win against what I perceive to be a bogey team of mine! Not pleased that my young CB decided to get himself sent off when the match was already in the bag!*

---Champions League draw: 1st Knockout Phase---
Athletico Madrid vs Everton

*Incredibly this is the 4th year in a row that we will face Ath. Madrid in this competition and the 3rd time in the Knockout stage! We have progressed in the past but they have a strong side this year including Falcao and young star Vadillo*

Sat 17th: Cardiff [away]
W 2-0
Aydogan [5] Adryan [42]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.9]

*Glad to see Adryan back to match fitness and getting on the scoresheet, we are on a good run domestically at present and I hope it continues over the busy Christmas period*

Tue 20th: Aston Villa [home]
W 3-0
Aydogan [31] Pascual [81] Greenwood [p.87]
MOM: Maguid [7.8]

*A really scrappy game here, we held them off in the second half and as they pressed we punished them on the break!*

Mon 26th: Bolton [home]
W 6-2
Aydogan [7, 83] Wellington Nem [36] Jagielka [41] Kirchhoff [58] Eriksen [78]

Teodoro [26] Beausejour [64]
MOM: Wellington Nem [9.2]

*What a performance, we got pegged back early but that just seemed to kick us into further action, they didn't have the answer to our set pieces or our fluidity in attack*

Sat 31st: Leicester [away]
W 2-1
Eriksen [28] Greenwood [72]

Martinez [31]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.2]

*We rounded off the month with another win, it was a hard game but thanks to the skills of Eriksen, who scored one and created the other, we came through unscathed. We end the month still unbeaten and top of the pile in the league*

View attachment 291173Christian Eriksen
Back from injury with some very good performances

League Table:
View attachment 291174We've opened up an 11 point lead after a superb month of football

Next Time: January - Quiet transfer window for the Toffees for a change! One predictable departure only and a certain Brazilian Striker signs for us...Another injury shocker and some up and down results...

Last edited:
You have THE wort luck with injuries, good stuff man

SEASON 2016/2017 - JANUARY
View attachment 291185
1st January 2017

View attachment 291186
---Esref Aydogan wins European Golden Boy award with a remarkable 53 goals in 54 games in 2016!---

View attachment 291190
---Brazilian Striker Ademilson signs for Everton form Sao Paulo on a Free as contract expires---

PREMIER LEAGUE
Mon 2nd: Tottenham [home]
W 5-0
Barkley [2] Emre Can [37] Aydogan [p.84] Witsel [86] Canales [89]

MOM: Emre Can [9.2]

*I must admit that with a semi rotated team in play I did not expect such a resounding victory, we really played well and finished off a tiring Spurs team late on*

---Stadium expansion complete, Goodison Park can now accommodate 47,799---

FA CUP 3rd ROUND
Sat 7th: Sunderland [home]
W 2-0
Ademilson [10] Greenwood [69]
MOM: Wellington Nem [8.2]

*Ademilson made his début here and got an early goal then went on to hit the woodwork an incredible 4 times in the first half! We didn't allow them a shot on our goal and cruise into the 4th round*

View attachment 291191
---Rossi signs for Norwich City for £15.75 million---

*I am so disappointed, I thought he could get his career back on track at Everton but it wasn't to be, he only managed 4 appearances for us as injuries constantly put him out of action. I can't afford to be sympathetic towards a player when he is taking up a large portion of the wage budget so it was best for all parties concerned for him to move on. We got a great deal in my opinion and I wish him well*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Tue 10th: QPR [away]
W 3-0
Aydogan [61, 84] Kirchhoff [64]
MOM: Aydogan [8.8]

*Great performance here with our young Esref, revelling in the limelight currently*

Sun 15th: Manchester United [home]
D 2-2
Aydogan [p.24] Wellington Nem [40] Wellington Nem sent off [45]
Vidal [60] Peruzzi [74]

*Wellington picked up his second red card of the season and this one definitely cost us the 3 points! We were in total control of the match but Utd stepped it up in the 2nd half and made their extra man count and we were holding on towards the end*

FA CUP 4th ROUND

Sat 21st: Preston [away]
W 2-1
Witsel [2] Greenwood [24]

Monaleana [75]

*I really dislike travelling to lower division sides, they have nothing to lose but also they have a habit of trying to kick lumps out of our players! James Rodriguez is having an X-ray currently after being stretchered off. On the positive side we won the game and are through to defend our Cup.*

---James Rodriguez out for 4 months with a broken ankle---

*Dismayed that another of our top talents has had his season curtailed by injury, James will be missed despite not totally settling. Duncan Greenwood will start more games in his absence.*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Tue 24th Norwich [away]
W 4-0
Ademilson [42] Barkely [49, 57] Greenwood [78]
MOM: Barkley [9.3]

*Happy with this win, good to see Ross Barkley breaking into the 1st team after a few seasons out on loan, he is now being rewarded for his patience.*

Sat 28th: Wolves [away]
L 2-3
Greenwood [24] Aydogan [34]
Mason [36. 70] Sunu [41]

*Our ability to let a two goal lead slip reared its ugly head again and just like that our long undefeated run in the league comes to a halt! A disappointing way to end a month were we had some excellent results!*

View attachment 291206Duncan Greenwood
4 goals and a seamless transition to becoming a regular starter

League Table:
View attachment 291208Incredibly Stoke are still giving chase as we top the table by 8 points with a game in hand

Next Time: Just the 4 matches due to internationals, 7 goal thriller as we renew rivalries with
Falcao and co.

SEASON 2016/2017 - FEBRUARY
View attachment 291210
FA CUP 5th ROUND
Sat 11th: QPR [away]
W 5-1
Kirchhoff [9, 26] Mariappa og [12] Aydogan [42] Ranguin [81]

Cooper [83]
MOM: Greenwood [9.3]

*Our cup form is excellent again this year as we demolish a poor QPR side, Greenwood was excellent again as he supplied crosses for 4 of the 5 goals!*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KNOCKOUT 1st ROUND 1st LEG
Wed 15th: Ath. Madrid [away]
W 4-3
Eriksen [6] Aydogan [25, 73] Barkley [67] Vincent sent off [90]

Falcao [24, 28] Vrsaljko og [47]
MOM: Eriksen [8.9]

*A great night for us, coming back from 3-2 down to win 4-3! Disappointed in Vincent's lack of discipline at the end but we must be considered favourites to proceed after this result!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Tue 21st: West Ham [home]
W 3-0
Aydogan [10] Greenwood [25, 27]
MOM: Greenwood [9.1]

*Back to winning ways in the league with a solid home performance, Greenwood is having another great month for us, first team football really agrees with him.*

Sat 25th: Reading [away]
W 1-0
Greenwood [18]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.4]

*A subdued end to a great month but we get another 3 points! Delighted with our results and form currently*

View attachment 291211Duncan Greenwood
Really grabbing his 1st team opportunity with both hands giving some excellent performances this month

League Table:
View attachment 291213Still have our 8 point lead at the top

Next time: More FA and CL Cup action - Annual Youth Intake and a couple of League games thrown in for good measure

SEASON 2016/17 - MARCH
View attachment 291218
FA CUP 6th ROUND
Sat 4th: Manchester City [away]
4-1
Wellington Nem [7, 36] Aydogan [23] Kompany og [47]

Hamsik [73]
MOM: Wellington Nem [9.0]

*I'm a bit speechless after this result, its one thing to beat Man City so comfortably but its another to do it on their turf! They are having a very poor season by their high standards so we really took advantage of that and advance to the Semi final*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT ROUND 2nd LEG

Tue 7th: Ath. Madrid [home]
L 1-2
Aydogan [p.43]
Vadillo [37] Falcao [62]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.2]

[5-5 on agg. Everton win on away goals]

*For some reason we really weren't up for this game and nearly made an early exit from the competition thankfully we had our result in Madrid to fall back on and we progress via the away goal rule, but only just!*

---Everton drawn to face Manchester United in Champions League Quarter-Final---

*Our record against United isn't the greatest so we will have to be at our very best to progress this year*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 11th: Stoke [away]
W 2-1
Greenwood [29] Kirchhoff [49] Ranguin sent off [90+4]
Vincent og [63]

*Pleased with the win, cross about the red card which shouldn't have been! But we did well to beat a Stoke team who are really riding high this year!*

2017 YOUTH INTAKE:
View attachment 291219View attachment 291220View attachment 291221View attachment 291222View attachment 291223

*Delighted to welcome Michael Scott, Adrian Jones, Gareth Tapp, Blaine Cleaver and Neal Reeves to our Youth team from the academy, they are of varying ability but we expect good things from these bright young talents*

*I also managed to boost the youth side for next season be securing the signatures of these 4 young talents, Anthony Lee in particular looks to be some player already*

View attachment 291227View attachment 291228View attachment 291229View attachment 291231

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 25th: Arsenal [home]
D 0-0

*We were very tired after the International break, up to 40 of my entire squad are away in these times and I always pray they come back healthy, luckily this time they all did but we couldn't produce any magic against a stubborn Arsenal side*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 1st LEG
Tue 28th: Manchester United [away]
L 1-2
Aydogan [38]
Rooney [25] Welbeck [83]
MOM: Ranguin [8.1]

*We did well here I feel, United were going all out to build a commanding 1st leg lead but they only have a slim advantage and we have a precious away goal, its game on for the second leg!*

View attachment 291234
Jan Kirchhoff
'The Rock' was at it again this month, giving some solid performances and keeping the score respectable in the games we did lose

League Table:
View attachment 291235We have a 9 point lead over United and a game in hand...Retaining the title is getting closer with 7 games for us the play

Next Time: April - 9 games with highs and lows, CL, FA Semi final and League action to look forward to!

Back