The Goodison Grind.

• Thread starter Thread starter landorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 67K
Wow all that inside one month!!! Jheeeeeeeeeze hopefully I'll catch up to you!!

What is your tactic? I've already see that you like to play 4-2-3-1. But do you tweak a lot or you make simple tweaks? On here and one there? Can you provide more information?
Great great story! :)
Keep up the good work

MAY 2015 [PART TWO]

View attachment 290064

Goal Difference decides League
7 goal thriller of a CL Final
End of season awards
Huge Job Offer...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE FINAL GAME OF THE SEASON
Sunday 17th: Liverpool [Home]
W 4-2
Griezmann (45) Skrtel og (77) Shelvey og (90+2) Isco (90+4)

Rochina (14) Yarmolenko (28) Javi Garcia sent off (58)

***2 down after half an hour meant we could pretty much kiss the title goodbye...City were 2 up at half time so it would take one **** of a turnaround for us to win it!

As it turned out Liverpool's defenders were all too eager to help us win the game, scoring two own goals, first to level things up and then in injury time to give us the lead, Isco put the icing on the cake with the last kick of the game...Is wasn't enough...City won 4-1 and the title was theirs!!!

I wasn't too despondent...We lost out by 3 goals and pushed them all the way, I remember being 13 points adrift not too long ago so it was an achievement in itself to come so close! Maybe next year we can push on and hopefully win our first Premier League Title!***

Final League Table:
View attachment 290079
Wellington Nem named Players Young Player of the Year

Jan Kirchhoff and Wellington Nem named in Premier League Team of the Year

Everton Fans Player of the Year: Jan Kirchhoff

***Delighted that some of my players were getting some recognition for their performances this year. Jan has been a rock at the back and Wellington has proved he has a very mature head on young shoulders with countless excellent displays!

But now the CL Final is upon us, we have not beaten Utd this season with one loss and a draw so far...Here's hoping we can get that elusive win and retain our CL crown and once again shock the world! We'll have to do it without a first choice goalkeeper! Courtois is ineligible and Tim Howard for some reason is away on International duty! 20 year old Mateusz Taudul will make first ever club appearance...Here goes nothing***

View attachment 290068

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
Saturday 30th May 2015
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
EVERTON vs MANCHESTER UNITED

Line ups:
Everton: 27.Taudul 14.Vincent 6.Jagielka 5.Kirchhoff 23.Struckmann 8.Sissoko 10.Poli 18.Rodrigo 11.Isco
7.Wellington Nem 9.Destro

Man Utd: 13.De Gea 2.Rafael 15.Vidic 38.Thorpe 3.Fabio 25.Fellaini 24.Fletcher 7.Valencia 10.Rooney 8.Douglas Costa 20.Robin Van Persie

Subs:
17.Adryan 12.Abdel Maguid 21.Cuenca 25.Greenwood 26.Motta 4.Griezmann 19.Aydogan

1.Lindegaard 18.Young 9.Schurlle 39.Bresnan 19.Welbeck 16.Carrick 23.Whelan

The Match:
View attachment 290076

View attachment 290078
EVERTON RETAIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!

View attachment 290077
Everton celebrate incredible Quadruple!!!!

***I don't quite know how but we've done it again!!! This time in real style!!! The entire team was amazing but Mattia Destro has to take the plaudits, he was brilliant and scored a sublime Hat-trick taking his tally to 12 in 9 CL games this year - Stunning!

It will take a while for this victory to sink in and certainly makes up for the disappointing way that missed out in the League this year! I applaud my staff and players for making this possible and we have all earned our end of season break....But before I can depart on my holidays.....

1st June: 4thJune:
View attachment 290080View attachment 290081View attachment 290082
'Smith to leave Everton? Offered Huge Contract and Massive Transfer Funds'

As tempting as it was, I couldn't do it...My heart is firmly with Everton, even though the club's future is uncertain with rumours circulating of an impending takeover I feel this team is mine and our destiny is to win the league together! My blood runs blue and I'm here to stay!***

Next time: Transfers and Pre-season 2015/16 - HUGE amounts of money dealt for players...2 Stars leave as 2 big names arrive! + 3 other well known arrivals join as their contracts are up at their respective clubs...

What is your tactic? I've already see that you like to play 4-2-3-1. But do you tweak a lot or you make simple tweaks? On here and one there? Can you provide more information?
Great great story! :)
Keep up the good work

I don't really tweak that much to be honest, just little ones here and there depending on the opposition. I'll put up some screenshots of current tactics etc soon, hopefully tomorrow, as I've nearly caught up the where I am in game time...Glad you're continuing to enjoy the story and keep the feedback coming!

Brilliant! Destro and Sissoko producing the goods in the final! Check mine at the minute I may be on the way to emulating what you are doing haha!!

Now the season is over I thought I'd show a few screenies of some of my regens and their progress so far:

Esref Aydogan: years 2013, 2014 & 2015
View attachment 290172View attachment 290173View attachment 290174

Duncan Greenwood: years 2013 & 2015
View attachment 290175View attachment 290176

Paul Dejyothin: years 2014 & 2015
View attachment 290177View attachment 290178

Daniel Howatson: 2014 & 2015
View attachment 290179View attachment 290180

Now to for some who are relatively new to the club - some will be featuring this season:

Gregory Vincent 2015 Leonel Ranguin 2015 Simon Stuckmann 2015 Guy David 2015
View attachment 290181 View attachment 290183 View attachment 290184 View attachment 290185

And finally some of my more established young players and their current stats:

Wellington Nem 2015 Adryan 2015* & Isco 2015
*(Adryan missed 8 months of season 14/15 through injury)

View attachment 290186 View attachment 290187 View attachment 290188

Jan Kirchhoff 2015 & Rodrigo 2015
View attachment 290189 View attachment 290190

JULY-AUGUST 2015 TRANSFERS

View attachment 290201

***With rumours abound that the Chairman was listening to offers for the club I new I'd have to act swiftly and get my business done before we were stuck under a lengthy transfer embargo! I knew I'd need to raise extra funds as I'd already committed a substantial amount of my budget towards securing bright talented youngsters from around Europe! Imagine my surprise when I received a call from Arsene Wenger....Here's who left the club this window...

Players Out:

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Club[/TD]
[TD]Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Antoine Griezmann[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]£50 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Andrea Poli[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham[/TD]
[TD]£32.5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Isaac Cuenca[/TD]
[TD]Newcastle[/TD]
[TD]£11 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ashley Cole[/TD]
[TD]None[/TD]
[TD]Released[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thiago Motta[/TD]
[TD]None[/TD]
[TD]Released[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I couldn't say no to £50 million for Griezmann, he hadn't exactly been performing brilliantly for us and I do have some very good options on the left side of my attack. I was hesitant to let Poli go but he indicated that a move to the Capital would suit him so I let him go once a decent fee was agreed. Cuenca never really broke into the first team and I got good money for him. Cole and Motta were only signed as stop gaps last year and were released when their contracts expired.

I sent out quite a few youngsters on loan to aid their development and I also released many youths who will not make it here...***

Transfers In:

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Club[/TD]
[TD]Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Axel Witsel[/TD]
[TD]Zenit[/TD]
[TD]£32.5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Christian Eriksen[/TD]
[TD]Ajax[/TD]
[TD]£22 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Leonel Ranguin[/TD]
[TD]Lyon[/TD]
[TD]£10.5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Domagoj Vida[/TD]
[TD]Marseille[/TD]
[TD]£8.75 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Christian Fuchs[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham[/TD]
[TD]£3.5 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sebastian Giovinco[/TD]
[TD]Juventus[/TD]
[TD]Free[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Siem De Jong[/TD]
[TD]Ajax[/TD]
[TD]Free[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Emre Can[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich[/TD]
[TD]Free[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

***My options in Midfield haven increased and improved in my opinion, once Witsel and Eriksen settle in I imagine they will be key players for us, Fuchs will play at LB with young Stuckmann still learning his trade. Ranguin is hugely talented young CB who comes into the first team squad along with Vida, who is a strong no nonsense CB. De Jong did not blend well and has been loaned out to Norwich for 325k a month. Giovinco will be a clever rotation option for me, a very skilled player who I am delighted to have got in for free!***

'Takeover fails'

***The Embargo came and went and we don't have new owners as a deal couldn't be agreed upon! However I feel this isn't the last we've heard of it and I expect to have a new boss sooner rather than later! I just hope whoever comes to the club is willing to invest in its future!***

Next Time: Preseason and the Big 2015-16 Season Kick off...Super Cup vs Paris St Germain...

Hi mate, good story ( I am a big Evertonian).

Have you got any advice on sourcing regens? Do you just tend to scout 16 year olds when you receive your new youth intake?

Hi mate, good story ( I am a big Evertonian).

Have you got any advice on sourcing regens? Do you just tend to scout 16 year olds when you receive your new youth intake?

What I do is search then scout for 15/16/17 year old whose contract status is youth on the regen date of the country they are based, you have to offer a contract and sign them pretty quick (if they want to come to you!!!). Off the top of my head its the 8th of March for France and Germany and 13th March for England and 28th March for Spain. I've been lucky in this save that there's been a few 5* youths but more often than not they won't reach their potential lol!

Hope that helps!

Thanks for posting your tactic. Is it too much if you put the team instructions? :)
I think you have made good deals and you have a good squad to challenge for Premier League title. What's your main goal? Again the Champions League or a more solid Premier League attack?
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for posting your tactic. Is it too much if you put the team instructions? :)
I think you have made good deals and you have a good squad to challenge for Premier League title. What's your main goal? Again the Champions League or a more solid Premier League attack?
Keep up the good work!

thanks buddy, I'll put my instructions up when I'm back home later. Season aims will be in the august update

Keep up the good work!

Team Instructions for you as promised:

View attachment 290313

Brilliant mate, the business on the selling is brilliant. Giovinco for free the small little whizzkick I'll be excited to see how he does for you :)

Brilliant mate, the business on the selling is brilliant. Giovinco for free the small little whizzkick I'll be excited to see how he does for you :)

Thanks, his stats aren't the greatest but I like him, plus free transfers always have that important sell-on value, crucial for a club with such a tight board! :)

Thanks, his stats aren't the greatest but I like him, plus free transfers always have that important sell-on value, crucial for a club with such a tight board! :)

Tell me about it mate Kenwright is a right tight so & so for me.. Nearly at end of the season though haha!!

absolutely brilliant thread mate. congrats for the champs leaague success

it took me 4 seasons to get my 1st and now ive won 5 in a row after 9 seasons as arsenal. best to get those regens knocking around the first team mate as you spend too eagerly

ill be keeping watch....

Back