The Goodison Grind.

• Thread starter Thread starter landorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 67K
absolutely brilliant thread mate. congrats for the champs leaague success

it took me 4 seasons to get my 1st and now ive won 5 in a row after 9 seasons as arsenal. best to get those regens knocking around the first team mate as you spend too eagerly

ill be keeping watch....

Thanks for following buddy, I'm aiming to lower my spend after this season, bought a couple of big name players in an attempt to wrestle the league away from the Manchester clubs!

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST 2015

View attachment 290504

***Well here we go again, Surprise winners of the Champions League again last year I think this year sides will certainly be taking us far more seriously! Delighted that we were able to attract talents of the calibre of Eriksen and Witsel, and I feel Giovinco on a free will work out great for the club!

Aims and Expectations:
EPL: Title Challenge
ECL: Semi Final
FA CUP: Semi Final
Club World Championship: Winner
Super Cup: Winner

***I feel I have a strong enough squad at my disposal to mount a serious challenge on the title this year! The fixture pile up at the back end of last season really cost us but I hope we have enough about us this time around to get that 1st title win!

As I've said previously the Champions League has provided us with surprise success, whilst a hat-trick isn't out of the question I feel that realistically we can make the Quarter-finals or maybe the Semi's...But we'll be trying our utmost to defend our position of Winners once again! Decent cup runs domestically are always expected, I will be using a mix of youth and reserves in the Capital One cup to give them match day action.***

Pre-season:
HSV [Away] D 1-1
Preston [Away] W 3-0
Dortmund [Home] W 3-2

***A solid set of games for the lads, it was nice to welcome Dortmund to Goodison as they are now managed my non other than David Moyes! But now its time to knuckle down and focus as the real games start now!***

View attachment 290507COMMUNITY SHIELD
Sun 9th: Manchester City [Wembley]
W 3-2
Isco [13], Destro [16] Wellington Nem [39]
Dragovic [54] Aguero [83]
MOM: Wellington Nem [8.6]

View attachment 290508EVERTON WIN THE COMMUNITY SHIELD!!!

***Delighted with the victory, the new players are still blending in and getting used to the style of football we play here at Everton. But the signs are good and any piece of silverware is always a nice thing!***

View attachment 290506
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE KICK-OFF
Sat 15th: Leicester [Home]
W 3-0
Destro [21, 41] De Laet og [37]

MOM: Mattia Destro [8.8]

***A nice game to get us going, playing one of this seasons' promoted teams. Mattia Destro looks sharp again this year and I am expecting big things from him!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 22nd: Arsenal [Away]
L 1-2
Rodrigo [62]
Fer [60] Baines [p.86]

***Disappointed to lose here, its taken a few years but Leighton Baines finally got a measure of revenge against us as he slotted home a penalty late on to win the game for them!***
View attachment 290509
UEFA SUPER CUP
Fri 28th: Paris St Germain [Mikheil Meskhi Stadium, Tbilisi]
W 3-1
Kirchhoff [12] Sissoko [38] Eriksen [84]

Veratti [6]
MOM: Phil Jagielka [9.0]

View attachment 290510EVERTON WIN THE SUPER CUP!

***Winning back to back Super Cup's is a great achievement by the team, PSG may have taken the lead but once we clicked into gear we were unstoppable...delighted to see Christian Eriksen score in his début match.***

---CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE DRAW---
Everton, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg, FC Sion

***A tricky little group with extra incentive as Alex Witsel and Sebastian Giovinco will both be facing their former clubs!***

EVERTON PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
View attachment 290512
Wellington Nem
A good month from the young Brazilian, scoring once but creating plenty for others.​

Next time: September - Champions League defence begins, Capital one Cup early exit again? Big game against Man City...

SEPTEMBER 2015
View attachment 290561

League form picks up
Champions League defence begins

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 12th: West Brom [away]
D 1-1
Hernandez [72]
Lambert [34]

***We didn't play well here, Hernandez come off the bench to rescue a point for the side, we have started slowly so far and need to pick up our pace quickly***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
Tue 15th: Zenit [home]
W 3-1
Sissoko [11, 18] Rodrigo [77]

Kerzhakov [81]
MOM: Moussa Sissoko [8.9]

***A very dominant performance against the Russians. Sissoko bossed the midfield and got himself two early goals in a virtuoso display, no we need to transport this form into the league...***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Sat 12th: Aston Villa [away]
W 4-1
Destro [20, 57, 82] Rodrigo [55]
Agbonlahor [90]
MOM: Mattia Destro [9.5]

***Traditionally we have high scoring games against Villa and this was no different! Destro was on top form today as he smashed a hat-trick and we get the win and the performance that I was crying out for!***

CAPITAL ONE CUP 3rd ROUND
Tue: 22nd Wolves [away]
L 0-2
Emre Can sent off [56]
Batth [2] Sigurdarson [25]

***I gave the youth and reserve players a run out here but they couldn't get the job done, I'm not too disappointed about going out of the cup as it will go some way to preventing a fixture pile up***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Sat 12th: Manchester City [home]
W 3-1
Destro [45+1, 74] Sissoko [62]
Aguero [14] Tevez missed pen [34]
MOM: Mattia Destro [9.3]

***When Tevez missed the spot kick to give them a 2 goal lead I has a suspicion this might end up being our day, I was correct as we fought back bravely and through Destro and Sissoko, got the goals we needed to claim a fantastic victory!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
Wed 30th: FC Sion [away]
D 1-1
Destro [36]
Neubacher [62]

***Extremely disappointed here that we didn't push on after taking the lead...We allowed them back into the game and after they equalised we didn't have enough left to push forward for the win, but a point away from home is a good result in the Champions League, regardless of the opponent!***

Everton Player of the Month for September:

View attachment 290565
Moussa Sissoko

Dominating performances in Midfield, scored some crucial goals too

View attachment 290566
***The new boys, Witsel, Eriksen and Courtois, are settling in nicely***

League Table:
View attachment 290567

Next time: October - Decent run in the league and a 7 goal thriller against Juventus

OCTOBER 2015
View attachment 290595

League form improves
7 goals shared against Juve...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 3rd: Wigan [away]
W 1-0
Eriksen [51]
MOM: Christian Eriksen [8.3]

***A good performance away from home, Eriksen is very adept at pulling the strings in his advanced role and capped a fine performance with the only goal of the game***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 17th: Cardiff [home]
W 5-1
Wellington Nem [8] Rodrigo [30] Eriksen [52] Hernandez [69, 79]
Park Ji-Sung [9]
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [9.0]

***Our explosive attacking play was in full force as we tore Cardiff to shreds, Hernandez showed how sharp he is by coming off the bench and grabbing two later goals...***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
Wed: 21st: Juventus [home]
W 4-3
Chiellini og [26 & 90+1] Destro [36] Hernandez [62]

Llorente [23, 28] Chiellini [60]

***We fought back for a goal down 3 times and managed to some how win the match when experienced defender Chiellini put the ball in his own net in injury time! His second Own goal of the match! We needed this win and we are in a good position in our group at the half way stage***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 24th: Leeds [home]
W 3-0
Sissoko [23]
Destro [68] Jagielka [76]
MOM: Christian Fuchs [9.0]

***We dispatched another of the new boys here in a game which turned out to be far easier than I was expecting! We took the lead after 20 minutes and just as Leeds decided to push up we punished them with two more goals mid way through the second half! We have now had 5 straight wins in the league and I'm delighted with the players!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 31st: Reading [away]
L 1-2
Witsel [p.67]
Jagielka og [44] Pogrebnyak [90]

***Gutted to have lost here with practically that last kick of the game! We were much the better side all game and I feel really unlucky to leave here without anything to show for our efforts! Oh well, we'll bounce back quickly I'm sure!***

Everton Player of the Month for October:

View attachment 290606Christian Eriksen
A pair of goals and some fine performances from our new boy

Next time: November - Another 7 goal thriller vs Juventus...first Merseyside derby of the season and big news from the Boardroom...

NOVEMBER 2015
View attachment 290670

Another 7 goal thriller vs Juve
1st Derby day of the season
New Chairman?

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
Tue 3rd: Juventus [away]
L 3-4
Destro [31, 32, 70]
Vucinic [38] Llorente [53] Yarmalenko [55, 72]

***We cannot afford to throw away leads like this! Destro was fantastic, just a shame about the rest of them!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 7th: Stoke [away]
W 2-0
Shawcross og [17] Destro [65]

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.8]

***The players took my advice on board this time and after taking the lead we ensured we were solid at the back, delighted with the reaction I got from them!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Tue 10th: Tottenham [home]
L 1-3
Johnson og [61]
Adebayor [p.8, 81, 90+3]

***After conceding the early penalty we got back into the game only for Adebayor to go on and complete his hat-trick late on and take the game away from us! He's just one of those players who always seems to score against us!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 21st: Liverpool [home]
W 1-0
Kirchhoff [41]

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.9]

***A perfect way to bounce back from a defeat was to play our rivals and come off best! It wasn't pretty but thanks to the brilliant Jan Kirchhoff we scored the all important vital goal to win!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
Wed 25th: Zenit[away]
W 4-2
Destro [19, 23, 88] Kirchhoff [48]
Bukharov [78] Kerzhakov [90+2]
MOM: Mattia Destro [9.6]

***Destro and Kirchhoff have been immense so far this season....A wonderful hat-trick from Mattia again and we got the victory we needed to ensure qualification!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Sat 28th: Chelsea [away]
W 1-0
Eriksen [45+1]

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.7]

***A crucial goal by Eriksen on the stroke of half-time was enough to get a massive victory away at Stamford Bridge, in truth it was our defensive effort that won the day for us, very proud of them***

---Bill Kenwright announces he has sold Everton FC---

---New Chairman is local businessman Dave Clarkson---

***I met with the new Chairman and was told in no uncertain terms that at present there was to be no monetary investment into the club and that I was to carry on with my job as normal. He expects plenty of success without having to put much in, but that's my opinion and I'd better keep it to myself!***

Everton Player of the Month for November:
View attachment 290679Mattia Destro
7 goals including 2 hat-tricks make this decision a no-brainer

Next time: December - Busy month with the Club World Championships and a stacked league program

DECEMBER 2015
View attachment 290685

Great Premiership month for the Blues
World Club Championship makes fingernails disappear...

---Norwich sack Chris Hughton, Malky Mackay announced as new manager---

---Moussa Sissoko injured for 6 weeks---

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
Wed 2nd: FC Sion [home]
W 4-0
Daley og [29] Aydogan [46] Destro [86] Dovat og [88]

MOM: Leonel Ranguin [8.4]

***The back up squad got a run out here and did a fine job as we moved into the knockout stages in style!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 5th: Wolves [away]
W 3-2
Eriksen [12] Batth og [24] Giovinco [90+2

Diabate [69, 88]
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.2]

***I really thought we'd thrown away another 2 points due to not being able to hold onto a lead but Giovinco had other ideas and scored a superb effort just before the final whistle!***

Sun 13th: Manchester United [home]
W 3-0
Wellington Nem [1] Jones og [45] Destro [48]

MOM: Wellington Nem [9.0]

***Its not often you witness your team dominate a close rival! But we did just that, scoring after 15 seconds certainly helped. Utd were shellshocked and we kept at them to record a very good victory before we jet off for the Club World Championships!***

CLUB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

SEMI FINAL
Tue 17th Al-Ittihad
D 0-0 [Everton win 4-2 on pens]
Witsel sent off [116]

FINAL
Sun 20th: Tigres
W 1-0
Aydogan [66]

View attachment 290704
Everton win the Club World Championship!!!

***This year I took a relatively young group of players alongside a few seniors, the mix worked quite well and we were victorious for the second year in a row! We scraped through the semi final and in the final we were dominant but could only find the one goal! But it was enough to win the match and crown us the champs!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 23rd: Newcastle [home]
6-1
Destro [6, p.34, 54, 71, 85] Kirchhoff [57]

Cisse [12]
MOM: Mattia Destro [10.0]

***Poor Newcastle just didn't have an answer to the superb Mattia Destro! A 5 goal haul! He was clinical and had the beating of the defence at will! A magnificent performance and one I won't forget in a hurry! IF he stays fit this season we have a great chance for the league title!***

Sun 27th: Norwich [away]
W 5-0
Destro [31, p.44, 54] Giovinco [73] Aydogan [83]

***Our form right now is frightening, especially for defenders! Destro banged in a hat-trick as we steam-rollered poor Norwich!***

Wed 30th: Arsenal [home]
W 2-1
Destro [34, 53]

Kirchoff og [73]

***Again it was Destro's goals winning us the game but kudo's must go to the defence in this game after limiting Arsenal's attack the way they did! What a great Month its been for the club!***

Everton Player of the Month for December:

View attachment 290708
Mattia Destro
No surprise here as he bagged an incredible 12 goals from the 5 games he appeared in!

League Table:
View attachment 290709
Keeping good pace with the leaders and could go top if we win our games in hand!​

Next Time: January - World Player of the Year at Goodison? Two big names sold as deemed surplus to requirements...then....DISASTER as major player out for season!

That's it for tonight, I'm off to bed...bit of a cliffhanger to end on!

January really is worth the wait...sold 2 players then boom - terrible injury to a star player with not much in the way of back up!

JANUARY 2016 [PART ONE]
View attachment 290761
Fifa World Player of the Year at Goodison...
Busy month with 9 games...
Money talks as two big names leave...
Horrific injury curtails wonderful season...

---FIFA WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR---
View attachment 290762
Mattia Destro

***A wonderful reward for the lad, bit of a surprise as this award normally goes to a player at one of the so called 'big' clubs! He thoroughly deserves it!***

FA CUP 3rd ROUND
Sat 2nd: West Brom [away]
D 3-3
Ranguin [16] Destro [29, 59]
Kaciniklic [22] Long [86, 90]

***Extremely disappointed that we let our lead slip away late on, the home side we throwing everything at us and we couldn't hold out, I'm confident we'll progress when we face them on our turf***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 6th: Southampton [away]
W 1-0
Aydogan [89]

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.8]

***This was my 200th game in charge here at Everton, how time flies! It was largely a forgettable one to be honest until young Aydogan popped up to steal the 3 points for us with a tidy finish at the death!***

---Transfer News---
8th Jan 2016 - Players out:

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Player[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Club[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Rodrigo[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Tottenham[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£35 million[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Javier Hernandez[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Galatasaray[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£9 million + 30% sell on[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Domagoj Vida[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Leicester[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£5.25 million + 30% sell on[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Tim Howard[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]£500k[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

***When clubs come in with those amounts of money for players who aren't even making my starting 11 then I'm always going to lean towards letting the player go. The new chairmen made it clear to me that he wants the club to make him a profit so unfortunately we are still going to be labelled a 'selling club' I'll have to make do with the resources I've got, plenty of talented young players are chomping at the bit to get their opportunity. Couldn't turn down the amount offered for Rodrigo, Hernandez was earning big wages and not playing enough to warrant them, Vida didn't settle so was allowed to leave and Howard wanted first team football which he was not going to get here anymore...***

***I decided not to reinvest any of the funds in new players as felt there was a good vibe amongst the squad and wanted the finances to remain stable for the time being***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sun 10th: Leicester City [home]
W 3-1
Destro [p.50, p.60] Eriksen [32]
Johnson [74]
MOM: Leonel Ranguin [8.5]

***We controlled this game well, Destro continued his sparkling form for us and calmly slotted home two penalties to put the game out of sight for our opponents!***

FA CUP 3rd ROUND REPLAY
Wed 13th: West Brom [home]
W 5-2
Adryan [3, 29] Aydogan [4, 87] Gardner [68]
Kaciniklic [13] Long [26]
MOM: Esref Aydogan [9.3]

***I decided that a few youngsters deserved a run out here, and they did fantastically, very pleased with the progress Aydogan is making and delighted that Bob Gardner, my young 16 year old striker, scored on his 1st appearance for the senior team***

Next Time: Season ending injury to Star rocks Goodison to the core! 5 more games to finish off tough month...

Destro injured I bet? Quality storyline and i've lined up some better transfers for my team this year!!

JANUARY 2016 [PART TWO]
View attachment 290765

---Talismanic Striker Mattia Destro Breaks Leg, Out for 6 months---
View attachment 290766

***We are stunned by the news, Mattia has broken his leg in a freak accident during training, our best player this season has undergone immediate surgery and we will have to do without him for the rest of the campaign!

We don't have enough funds or time to find a suitable replacement, I'll be asking young Esref Aydogan to step up to the plate and I have full faith in his ability to shine, although losing a player like Destro is a hard blow to take! We wish him all the best in his recovery***

---Esref Aydogan to fill the void---
View attachment 290768

Next time: How will Everton fare in the aftermath of their shock news...5 games left in January to review...

JANUARY 2016 [PART THREE]
View attachment 290782
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 16th: Fulham [away]
W 2-1
Eriksen [13] Aydogan [17]

Hoillett [51]
MOM: Phil Jagielka [8.5]

***Really pleased with the win here, the lads were a bit down after the Destro news but morale improved after a team meeting and we are still grinding out the wins, Aydogan is showing great maturity and deserved his goal***

Sat 16th: Fulham [home]
W 3-0
Aydogan [p.16] Sissoko [61] Gardner [69]

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.4]

***It was strange to play Fulham in back to back league games but that's how the fixtures fall sometimes, another good performance from the boys and we got a deserved win***

FA CUP 4th ROUND
Sat 23rd: Southend [home]
W 3-0
Aydogan [3] Gardner [75] Barkley [83]

MOM: Esref Aydogan [8.9]

***I used this game to give my fringe and youth players a run out and they didn't disappoint, we sail through to the 5th round***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Tue 26th: Aston Villa [H]
D 1-1
Giovinco [6]
Agbonlahor [45+1]

***Normally we have high scoring games against Villa but this one was a tame affair, I was hoping for more from the team but we just couldn't produce in the final third!***

Sat 30th: Manchester City [away]
D 1-1
Hummels og [3]
Aguero [90+4]

***We were so unlucky here not to leave with a win, Aguero scored with the last kick of the game after we'd defended our lead for a full 90 minutes! This has been a difficult month for us but we've come through undefeated and in a strong position in the league!***

Everton Player of the Month for January:
View attachment 290784Esref Aydogan
Stepped into the massive boots of Destro and scored 6 impressive goals this month

---Deadline Day signing---

Aaron Teodoro - 19 year old AML/ST from Barcelona for £2.6 million​

Next time: Can Everton remain undefeated for another month? Goals Galore in CL Knockout 1st leg

FEBRUARY 2016
View attachment 290852
9 goal encounter in CL 1st leg!
Unbeaten run goes on...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Tuesday 2nd: West Brom [home]
W 3-1
Sissoko [10] Eriksen [20] Teodoro [67]

Moreno [44]
MOM: Giovinco [8.3]

***Solid home performance, Sissoko is back to full fitness now which is good for our midfield! Giovinco had his best game so far for us, he's taken a while to settle but he's doing the business now! Teodoro came off the bench to score on his debut***

Sat 6th: Wigan [home]
W 4-1
Sissoko [5] Giovinco [25] Kirchhoff [68] Aydogan [p.85]

Dicko [48]

***We are near unstoppable at Goodison Park at the moment, delighted with the attitude of the team***

FA CUP 5th ROUND
Sat 13th: Swansea [away]
D 0-0

***A tight game where we couldn't break down a very defensive side, hopefully we'll get the job done in the replay!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT ROUND 1st LEG
Wed 24th: Kyiv [home]
W 7-2
Aydogan [7, 35, 86] Giovinco [20] Sissoko [26] Kishnirov og [66] Isco [69]

Kranjcar [21, 44]
MOM: Esref Aydogan [9.6]

***Wow, what an effort from the lads! I was slightly concerned when we conceded twice but 3 more second half goals came for us and I think we should progress comfortably! So delighted with Aydogan, he has been immense since Destro got hurt***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 27th: Cardiff [away]
W 2-1
Aydogan [8] Giovinco [61]

Mason [23]

***Pleased to end the month with another victory, we have managed to open up a 6 point lead at the top of the table and I'm hoping we can really kick on in the final third of the season!***

Everton Player of the Month for February:
View attachment 290860Esref Aydogan
5 Goals for the youngster

League Table:
View attachment 290861

Next Time: March - Unbeaten run comes to an end away to a bogey side!

MARCH 2016
View attachment 290862
Long unbeaten run ends at Spurs!
CL run in jeopardy...

FA CUP 5th ROUND REPLAY
Wed 2nd: Swansea [home]
W 3-0
Eriksen [26] Aydogan [28, 74]

MOM: Esref Aydogan [8.8]

***That boy is at it again, his goals are seeing us through our games at present and our cup run continues***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 5th: Reading [home]
W 1-0
Kirchhoff [16]

MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.4]

***A scrappy game in which we scored early but didn't create a great deal afterwards, but we were solid at the back and weren't threatened much***

Sat 12th: Stoke [home]
D 0-0

***With the games coming thick and fast we really struggled here and I was relieved to have just the one point, Stoke played surprisingly well and kicked lumps out of our boys!***

---Everton announce Youth intake---

***3 youths will be retained from this years intake, Guisto looks to be a very talented lad***
View attachment 290871View attachment 290872View attachment 290873

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT ROUND 2nd LEG
Tue 15th: Kyiv [away]
D 3-3 [Everton win 10-5 on agg]
Isco [53] Ranguin [78] Aydogan [p.82]

Mehmedi [4] Raffael [7, 55]

***We went 2 down very early but our heads didn't drop, we fought back in the second half and did enough to ensure that we qualified comfortably***

FA CUP 6th ROUND
Sat 19th: Norwich [home]
W 4-0
Bassong og [2] Aydogan [4] Wellington Nem [13] Ranguin [60]

***We blitzed them early and the match was over as a contest within 15 minutes! We are in the semi-final and hopefully we can defend our trophy this year***

---Everton draw Athletico Madrid in Quarter-Final of Champions League---

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 23rd: Leeds [away]
W 4-2
Spence og [14] Kirchhoff [32] Wellington Nem [37] Eriksen [49]

Lees [35] Stacu [46]
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.2]

***We almost let Leeds back into the game but fortunately a goal early in the second half knocked the wind out of their sails and we coasted the rest of the game towards the win***

Sat 26th: Tottenham [away]
L 0-1
Adebayor [75]

***Our 30 game unbeaten run comes to an end! Spurs seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us and Adebayor always seem to score too! We must pick ourselves up quickly as the CL 1/4 final is up next!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL 1st LEG

Wed 30th: Ath. Madrid [home]
L 0-1
Vadillo [18]

***We did everything apart from put the ball in the back of the net! Their keeper was in fine form and we now face a huge uphill task to reach the semis, our great run in the Champions League could now be over!***

---West Brom sack Mowbray, appoint McInness---

---Adryan injured for 4 weeks---

***This kid has no luck whatsoever, these injury are really hampering his progress and development which is such a shame as he has so much talent!***

Everton Player of the Month for March:
View attachment 290878Jan Kirchhoff
Some great performances from our Club Captain - Nicknamed 'The Rock' He has been fantastic all season!​

Next Time: April - CL drama in Madrid...Chelsea, Utd and a Merseyside Derby in the League...Arsenal in the FA Cup semi...tough month ahead!

APRIL 2016 [PART ONE]
View attachment 290900

Tough month for the Toffees
Play Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd as the title race really hots up
CL highs and lows...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 2nd: Chelsea [home]
W 5-1
Jagielka [17] Greenwood [43] Barkley [54] Aydogan [65] Eriksen [84]

Mata [50]
MOM: Duncan Greenwood [9.4]

***An incredible result against one of the top teams in Britain! We smashed them and the boost to our confidence going into the tough game against Madrid was plain to see on everyone's face!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 2nd LEG
Tue: 5th: Ath. Madrid [away]
W 2-0 [aet] [Everton win 2-1 on agg]
Sissoko [90+2] Greenwood [114]

***Talk about it doing it by the skin of our teeth!!! We knocked and knocked but it seemed the goal was never going to come until Sissoko struck with seconds remaining! The Madrid players were on their knees and we struck again in extra time to send them out and we advance to the semi final to play PSG!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 9th: Liverpool [away]
L 1-2
Aydogan [6]
Suarez [12] Ramirez [62]

***We started ok but this was not the kind of game we wanted after a long game away in the CL! We fell away in the second half and were lucky not to lose by more than 1! We'll get revenge on the Reds again though I'm sure!***

Wed 13th: Wolves [home]
W 2-0
Ranguin [32] Aydogan [61]

MOM: Leonel Ranguin [9.0]

***A rotated team did the business here for us, a good home win to get us back on track!***

---Esref Aydogan injured, out for 3 weeks---

***Fortunately its just a sprain but he's done marvellous for us the year and hope he recovers quickly!***

FA CUP SEMI FINAL

Sat 16th: Arsenal [Wembley]
W 2-0
Sissoko [10] Witsel [p.90+3]

***We are in the FA Cup final again! hopefully we can win it again this year as its a competition I hold close to my heart! We'll have to be at our best again though as our opponents will be Manchester United who are also hot on our tails in the league!***

Next time: April Part Two - CL Semi final sandwich vs PSG with a Man Utd filling! Can Everton reach an incredible CL Final for the 3rd year in a row!

APRIL 2016 [PART TWO]
View attachment 290907
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 1st LEG
Tue 19th: Paris St Germain [away]
L 0-3
Pastore [20] Veratti [p.51] Menez [67]

***It would appear that our hopes for a Champions League hat-trick are dead in the water! Never say never but I really wanted us to get a crucial away goal but we couldn't quite manage it, it was a harsh lesson where we tried to attack but got picked off at vital times! We'll give it a go at our place!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 23rd: Manchester United [away]
L 0-2
Welbeck [35] Valencia [71]

***The harshest fixtures always seem to come our way after a tough away trip in Europe! A really difficult game for us, we couldn't find the target often enough and Utd were just too strong....The title race is getting tighter with United closing to within 4 points of us with 3 games to go!***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 2nd LEG
Wed 27th: Paris St Germain [home]
D 2-2
Giovinco [5] Eriksen [38]
Moura [54, 59]

***We were so close here! A fantastic first half saw us go two up and we had a chance! But as we pushed up further in the 2nd half we left gaps at the back which Lucas Moura exploited and got his goals...We were deflated and couldn't get the job done. Disappointed but in reality we have been spoiled with the success we've had in the CL and this learning curve will make us stronger! Its the league I really want this year!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 30th: Newcastle [away]
D 2-2
Sissoko [5] Greenwood [80]
Ba [17] Anita [20]
MOM: Moussa Sissoko [8.7]

***Delighted to claw our way back and rescue a point late on but in truth we should be doing better! Utd have now closed the gap to 2 points with 2 to play. We don't want any more slip ups!***

Everton Player of the Month for April:

View attachment 290908Moussa Sissoko
Chipped in with a few goals from Midfield, solid performances from a man who has missed lots of this season through injuries

League Table:
View attachment 290909
Its tight at the top!​

Next Time: May 2016 - FA Cup Final vs United and the League is decided on the final day!

MAY 2016
View attachment 290914

Premier League reaches its climax...
May the 4th be with us!
Can Everton win back to back FA Cups?
Will Everton win their first Premier League title under Smith?

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 4th: Southampton [home]
W 3-1
Isco [10, 18] Aydogan [14]

Cleverley [67]
MOM: Isco [9.1]

***We are so close I can taste the league title! Fantastic performance by the lads, out of the traps early and killing the game off in the first 20 minutes, we are playing like Champions and deserve this title! 1 more game to go, if we win its ours! If we slip up we allow fierce rivals Liverpool or Manchester United to wrest it from us***
View attachment 290916
FA CUP FINAL
Sat 7th: Manchester United [Wembley]
W 1-0
Aydogan [8]

View attachment 290915
Everton win the FA CUP!

***I'm so proud of the team, winning back to back FA Cups is quite an achievement! This was a hard game, United are pushing hard for the league title and in this match there were times when I thought our defence wouldn't be able to hold out! But we did and have the cup in our possession for another year at least! Now we have a week to prepare for our final game of the season...

Its simple....We Win and its ours!***

View attachment 290917
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE FINAL GAME OF THE SEASON
Sun 15th: Norwich [home]
W 3-2
Wellington Nem [36] Aydogan [p.82, 90]
Morison [7] Radzionau [37]

View attachment 290918
Everton FC crowned Premier League Champions for Season 2015/16!!!

***I can't quite believe it! It came down to the final kick of the final match of the season! If Esref Aydogan hadn't performed his late heroics then we would have lost out for the second successive season on Goal Difference! This time it would have been to Liverpool of all teams!!!

But who cares! We didn't lose out! We've won the league! Delighted for the lads, staff and everyone involved at the club! We are Champions of England and deserve to revel in the spotlight! Its taken me 4 years to do it and I'm so proud! Victory tastes so **** sweet!***

Everton Player of the Month for May:
View attachment 290921
Esref Aydogan
Performed heroics in the Cup and in our final two league games! What a player he is turning out to be!

League Table: (*Annoyingly forgot to Print Screen this*)
Do have the top 3 Finishing positions though:
View attachment 290922
We've gone from 4th to 3rd to 2nd to 1st in my 4 years as boss! Delighted with the progression!

Next update: End of season stuff - Awards, Manager changes etc Suprise winner of the Euros too!

Back