The King is Dead! Long Live King Kenny...

Will Kenny Be Kept On By The 'Pool At The End Of His 6th Month Contract

• Yes

Votes: 98 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.3%

• Total voters
Good stuff! You have covered loads since I last read on Friday daytime!!! Love these things, and this is one of my top 3 favourites!!! Keep up the good work

With just a couple of days to the start of the season, i sat down to do an interview with Mike 'porky' Parry and Andy Townesend for TalkSport
I had long been friends with Andy and i trusted them to go easy on me and have a laugh. I also saw it as a way to be more open with the fans, they had been critical of Rafa and Roy for being very closed. Being open would get more on board and backing the side.

d83ff223b7349c22a182b93db41040af54d7347f.jpg

TalkSport.jpg

'Morning Kenny'
'Morning guys'
'How's it going Ken?'
'It's going great boys had a great weekend last week with a trip to Wembley and securing a trophy'
'yeh it was a top top performence, do you feel like your lads just wanted it more.'
'well i wouldnt want to say that Arsenal didnt try but i deffinetly feel that the lads wanted to go out there and show that this Liverpool side is back and we are a genuine threat this year.'
'yeh yeh when you say threat Kenny how far do you think the side can go this year?'
'well obviously we are still rebuilding it's my first full year with the guys and we are targeting the top 4 there are so many quality teams around at this moment in time so to finish in a Champions League place would be a good achievement.'

'Kenny Mike here, there was a lot of talk from Torres and his representitives all last year, he then came out and said he wanted to stay, firstly do you believe him and secondly do you feel he is only staying because of yourself?
'Well absolutley i believe him, i saw into his eyes Porky and he told me his reasons for staying and i believe he could go down as Liverpools greatest stricker i genuinly do. To answer your second question I wouldnt say it was soley due to me, i flew out to see him on holiday while i was also on holiday and i think that struck a chord with him, me showing him how much i wanted him here. But i know Stevie spoke to him a lot and they are great friends, and also the fans. Fernando loves it here and thats down to the fans, a stricker of his quality without that backing would have left before i got here im sure of that.'

'Last question kenny, you've been quite busy this summer, happy with the squad? who do you believe is the best signing?'
'Yeh we've been busy, and im delighted with the squad its deep and there are some fantastic players. in terms of the best signing we've signed some quality quality players, SWP is a great find and very cheap so that was a great find as was Alou from Bordeux a Champions League quality player for around £5m is incredible, but for me i am a huge fan of Charlie Adam he is a lovely kid and can control the tempo of a game as good as anyone so im delighted to have him here.

We carried on talking about some of our old tales and playing some fun games as well as taking a few fan questions. All the media was out of the way and now i could concentrate on the season ahead. Our typical away trip to Spurs for the first game of the season was ahead, i was excited for the beginning and i just could not wait.

_50722464_dalglish090111.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

what do you think of the interview guys? im thinking of doing a few in the season to give a bigger insight into Kenny's mind as he rebuilds the club?

yeh something like that :) i'll take PM's for questions as well over the month and put them in the interview as texts and emails :)

I was impressed with the side in training lots of the new lads were keen to impress ahead of the weekend, the most impressive was Franco he worked hard and his temprement for a boy of his age was incredbible.
We went into the game at White Hart Lane with a mixture of new and old, i wanted Joe Cole in ahead of Suarez or Kuyt or Swp as an experienced head with that little X-Factor so he started as did Franco and Fabio Aurelio, Joe Mattock was impressing me but i thought a wiser player would be needed against the threat of Aaron Lennon.

Reina
Johnson Carra Agger F.Aurelio
Diarra
F.Zuculini Gerrard
Sanchez Cole
Torres

Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool
Dawson (37) Torres (8) Gerrard (45)

GYI0062632994_crop_450x500.jpg

This was good game against one of our main rivals for fourth spot. Gerrard cracker before half time was pertiularly pleasing as well as Fronco's ball through to Fernando to grab his first league goal of the campaign, a well earned hard fought three points.

europa-league.jpg

The next game was a tough trip out to Turkey against an unknown quantity in Gaizentepspor, I hadnt heard of them in truth but i knew it would be a firey atmosphere as it often is in Turkey. I rested some lads an tried some new blood Adam and Spearing started as did SWP, Mattock and Suarez.

St4.jpg

Gaiztepspor 0-2 Liverpool
Shelvey(76) Suarez(79)

n_liverpool_fc_various-1855766.jpg

I was pleased with the fellas, i rested players and tried the youth as i will in all cup comps, i tried a 4221 very narrow in the second half with Lodeira and Shelvey forward, i liked the formation and seeing the young lads and i think i'll play like that until the later round of the europa league.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Thommo Back On Merseyside:
Fan Favourite Phil Thompson has returned to Liverpool as a coach under Kenny Dalglish's new regime. Thompson use to be assistant to many managers at Liverpool most famously with Gerard Houllier, where he also took caretaker charge for many months. Dalglish posted on Liverpoolfc.tv this after 'I'm delighted to welcome Thommo back, he has always been sat in the stands at every game some say staring down at the manager, so why not have someone of his experience sat next to you? a top man, top character and pinochio will be very well respected.

phil-thompson.jpg

Thompson back in the dugout for the 'Pool

We couldnt have chosen our games much more difficultly, another top side in Manchester City, they would be up there fighting for the title and occupying a top 4 place, therefore an early seasonw in or draw would be vital. It was at home so we were confident. I had a lot of the staff round on the friday night, Thommo, Jamie, Sammy, Damien and Tony Carr were round. In my opinion a tight nit staff is as important as a tight squad the lads would need us all pulling in the same direction, and with the stories and the way we laughed and joked we seemed like a good bunch to have.

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Aurelio
Diarra
Meireles Gerrard
Wright-Phillips Sanchez
Torres

I'd selected a pacey side to try and cause trouble as well as SWP cause i felt he had something to prove to the Man City lads and staff.

Liverpool 1-0 Manchester City
Gerrard (54, missed Pen 8)
birmingham-city-liverpool.jpg

It was a fantastic header from Stevie that gave us the win, it made up for a shocking penalty, i went round and shuck every member of the squads hand it really was team effort, we dominated them with 66% of the possesion i was very impressed. We would have the formality of the return Europa League leg at Anfield where i would again rest and try younger lads before we returned to the premier league with a difficult outing at Bolton, this start of the season showed how hard every game in this league are.

europa-league.jpg

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Mattock
Spearing
Adam Zuculini
Shelvey Lodeiro
N'Gog

I selected the narrow side againing and it was exciting with Charlie pulling strings, N'gog got his first start now he had fallen to third in the pecking order he was itching to go.

Liverpool 2-0 Gazaintepspor
Lodeiro (56) Agger (59)

agger_459103t.jpg

It was an exciting performence from the youngster 71% of the possesion spoke for itself. Lodeiro got his goal and took it well and the sheer delight in scorig at the kop end was evident. This amount of games showed me one weakness that we lacked one centre half. We lost Sotiris in the summer and i thought Agger Carra Skrtel and Danny Wilson would cover it but i feel we need one more experienced player for the back four, hopefully a versatile player.

=JakeHartlepool10;930797]best ever story <3!
Best Story here by far

Cheers guys, i wanted to put a poll up for peoples favourite part but i cant get two up so if you could comment or something as to why it would really help me develop the story further

amazing story just read through it all best stroy ive read on fm base

The following week was international week so i kept training light, and light hearted thats they way things were last time i was here try an relax the players in this pressure cooker enviornment of being a proffesional footballer.

article-1294693555963-0CB509A5000005DC-750662_636x552.jpg

Damien arrived at the training ground with two new lads id given him a £4m liscence to try and bag some young talent, he had brought a new lad from Norwich for just $950k in compensation which was a bargain from what id heard of the lad, I asked Joe Cole to tutour the kid and show him about a bit. Joe had said he'd put him up for a month or so at home until he found his own place and his feet and thats really a mark of the man a great guy. the other was a young Ghanian guy who was set to stay with Jamie Carragher, to me that was a sure opening for a TV show, the lad could hardly understand english and no one can really understand Carra. the lad was 19 and only staying with Carra till i could find him a loan deal. at just £120k he had a fantastic re-sale value if he didnt make the grade. Toric Jebrin was the kids name.

Malik%20Jabril.jpg

I was due back on TalkSport in the week again i was looking forward to it, i had a good laugh last time. They had opened up their Website for questions to me i was hoping there would be nothing to bad coming through but it was an arrangment made by the board to be open to the fans. (feel free to PM kenny questions for the radio broadcast)

Back