The King is Dead! Long Live King Kenny...

Will Kenny Be Kept On By The 'Pool At The End Of His 6th Month Contract

• Yes

Votes: 98 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.3%

• Total voters
this is one of the best stories out.
keeping torres can only help you in the premier league

Cheers for the comments guys, the story seems to have lots of support which is class, alot of man united fans as well which is doubley pleasing :D

The night before the first game of what would be an incredibly long season i sat thelads down. It was now near enough the squad for the year, there would be no more players leaving as Lucas had left and flew back to england for a medical with Blackburn where as Aquiliani had not travelled as we awaited comifrmationof his £11m move to Fulham.
'Look lads this year will be hard and we cant fight that but we now have a fantastic squad, with a few more players still to join. We have some incredible youngsters as well as seasoned pro's and this year we can finish in the top 4, the hard work starts now fellas so lets get to work.'

Liverpool 2-1 Pohang
Aurelio (5) Torres (43) Han Man-Hee (89)

Fabio-Aurelio-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Pre_2003599.jpg

I was pleased with the performence i played a young back 4 and they played well the energy levels were good, and SWP looked really tricky and appeared to be well rested ahead of the start of the year.

Just a couple of days later we travelled to Suwon, Charlie Adam had come out to join the lads and he seemed to slot in well, the South American lads had just finished their competition but i told them all to rest and stay at home as with just a couple of days of a tour left then they were not needed.

Suwon 2-1 Liverpool
Choi-Je (73) Jeon-Jong (88) Wright Phillips (34)

images

Conceding late was a horrible feeling for our young defence, the major plus of the game was a Charlie Adam through ball to SWP for hour goal. That absolutley delighted me.
The matches didnt bother me it was the all round trip, and that was a success

this has got to be one of the best stories on the site can't wait for next update

This is by far one of the best stories here... Real class man!

Brilliant as always buddy. Loving the detail your putting into it. Defo my favourite story im reading. :)

looking to pair adam with stevie G with an anchor in behind :) an update to come soon guys

The following week we returned from Japan, i'd heard the initial talks with Suarez had broken down, i was slightly annoyed but i left this to Damien, he told me to wait it out and he'll get the man. I trust Damien he has been a top top guy recently and i was more than comfertable leaving the transfer fees and wages with him.

I was sat with Sammy in my office trying to devise more in detail training for each individual player, there was a knock on my door and laurent Viaud stepped in, Laurent is a french scout that has been at the club since Houllier, we got close while i was working as the academy he has a fantastic eye for talent and a bargain.

thumbnail.aspx

Laurent came to us with what he thought to be an absolute bargain and he couldnt have been more right, 'ello gentelmen, Eduardo Marcia said that he was assigned to find a defensive midfielder in europe. well it was not my assignment but i thought that i'd bring to your attention that Alou Diarra from Bordeoux has a 8million euros minimum fee release clause.' The transfer made perfect sense it was a superb spot, just £6.75m for a Champions League quality DM, of course i text Damien he too was stunned by the valuation. 'i'll get it sorted.'

Alou-Diarra.jpg

We had 3 matches in quick succesion this week all against easy opposition and all as i like it away from home.

Liverpool 0-1 Coventry
Johnson Clarke-Harris (39)

1272127472_spt_ai_middlesbrough_coventry_17.jpg

I played a slightly inexperienced side, perticularly impressive was Andre Wisdom, the performence was decent, the result was once again poor. I told the lads this, if we wanted good press i told them that the next match required a good win with a good performence.

Genk 0-2 Liverpool
Ayala (19) Shelvey (89)

Jonjo+Shelvey+Liverpool+v+FC+Utrecht+UEFA+c2-2OXQ3qCtl.jpg

This was just what i asked for, i put Shelvey in with Adam for this game and let him off his leash and it really paid off a fantastic performence from Jonjo. Jamie said his dad believes that Jonjo can be just as good as Stevie, i decided not to tell Jonjo this he just needs to keep his head down and work hard, but i've been impressed so far, he will deffinetly be featuring in cup and some league games this year.

Glentoran 0-4 Liverpool
Torres (10,35,47) Adam (74)

_46407195_torres466.jpg

This was the best performence of pre-season to date, yes it was poor oposition but we really stamped our authority on the game Fernando was far far far too good for them and after his hat-trick i took him straight off. I was so pleased with Adam's first goal a bit of a weight off him and a lovely tidy finish.
We have just 3 pre season games remaining before the Community Shield curtain raiser, we are shaping up well just a few more additions and we'll be looking very very good.

ssnhdblue-800_2492584.jpg

Busy Day At Melwood As Liverpool Sign 3 Players:

It has been a bust few hours for Manager of Liverpool Kenny Dalglish and Director of football stratergy Damien Camoli as they have put pen to paper on three new deals to bring players to the club.
The three men in question have been banded around the clubs forums, supporters and newspapers for the last week now. The first transfer revealed was Alou Diarra who ahs been poached at a reported fee of £7m a 'bargain' as it has been described by Dalglish.'we needed a bit more steel and Alou brings that in bundles he will work hard, sit and protect but like all my players he can pick a pass too. The 2nd player to sign was young Argentinian Franco Zuculini another defensive anchor man and Dalglish admitted he has been a fan for a long time. 'When i worked at the academy i often went to under-20 and under-21 championships and internationals, for me the stand out man in the Argentina side was Franco fantastic ethic and phenominal ability he will bring a lot to the club for years to come.'
The final signiture is one that is believed to be the marquee signiture from Liverpool this summer with controversial Urugian Luis Saurez ariving on merseyside. Despite splashing out a reported £20m on the man Dalglish didnt seem over enthusiastic about the new man, he is a good finisher has decent ability and a flair player, but there are a lot of things we need to iron out in his game that will suit him to the English way but he'll get there and be a great asset. These dealings are thought to be 'the kings' last of the summer as he has said many times he wants a solid squad in place just as August came and that he would not add to it after that until January.

0231417B.jpg

luis-suarez-01.jpg

The new men at Anfield, who will sparkle?

This was quite an accurate report, but in all honesty i was so negative about Luis signing because i didnt know it was happening, yes i wanted him but i had resigned to losing him then i saw the news that he had landed at John Lennon for a medical, well it baffled me. But if we can iron out some of the playgerism in his game and make him work hard a attacking three of Torres Sanchez and Suarez really sounds exciting with the only thing lacking being one of them being a home grown talent.

We had now secured all the players i felt we needed and all our South American players returned from to Copa America, i left all the main players other than Fernando out of the following friendly, i never drop a striker after a hat-trick.

Colchester 1-2 Liverpool
Baldin(9) Mavinga (18) J.Cole (88)

Joe-Cole-Liverpool-celebrates-after-final-whi_2546265.jpg

This was a competent performence from the second string lads, Fernando wasnt on top form today so i subbed him at half time, Joe Cole starting to pick up form is pleasing.

I now believed we only had one fixture left but midweek we signed a young kid from Boavista, Portugal. He was a very nice kid as were his family, at 17 i felt abliged to offer him a home for his family too and he very readily accepted. This transfer of wonderkid Rui Texeria meant we had to play Boavista in a friendly, it was very close to the Community Shield but i didnt see this as too bad i would allow the first XI to face Boavista before Arsenal.

Recreativo 0-2 Liverpool
Torres(48) Jovanovic (90)

milan-jovanovic-2010-12-2-14-11-2.jpg

I was very pleased today, perticularly with Milans goal it showed the true depth of our squad and was very pleased with the sides progression from last year to this, before our last friendly i felt very confident.

Boavista 0-9 Liverpool
Bratu (1,36) Sanchez (11) Jovanovic (28,58) Shelvey (30) Gerrard (43,47) N'Gog (90)

1362138138-29072010202533.jpg

I was extatic with this match because a lot of the second stringers bagged themselves goals only Sanchez and Stevie would class themselves as the true first eleven. Stevie gave a very passionate speech after the game, it was moving a rallying cry to all the lads for the season ahead we all wanted Champions League and a trophy we are now so conifdent going into the season. I would also be very suprised if we added any new players, we now have fantastic depth and some good quallity as well as a lot of fantastic youth prospects.

Liverpool Squad before the first game of the season:
GK:
Reina
Jones

Defence:
Johnson
Carra
Agger
Mattock
Skrtel
Koncheskey
Aurelio
D.Wilson

Midfield:
Diarra
Gerrard
Adam
Kuyt
Sanchez
Cole
Zuculini
Wright-Phillips
Spearing
Suso
Meireles
Shelvey
Jovanovic
Lodeiro

Strikers:
Torres
Suarez
N'Gog
Bratu
Texeira
Pacheco

This squad was pinned up next to my desk. There was great depth even upfront where Liverpool has for years been critiscised for relying on Torres, N'gog had been brilliant last year and with Suarez plus only playing one player it also looked as if we had depth there too.

Back