The King is Dead! Long Live King Kenny...

Will Kenny Be Kept On By The 'Pool At The End Of His 6th Month Contract

• Yes

Votes: 98 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.3%

• Total voters
this is a great story
it is very well structured
keeps things interesting

I had planned a holiday away for myself but before i jetted off i wanted to see Shaun Wright-Phillips signed sealed and delivered. Shaun passed his medical with flying colours and was then given a quick picture to ensure the fans new the deal had gone through.

swpw.jpg

I then spent my last few hours trying to sure up a deal for Charlie Adam but Olly was having none of it. They had stayed up, just, and he was their talisman it was clear higher bids than 5 or 6 million would be needed.

1294578776-Kenny.JPG

I went off on holiday to Madrid, this was for two reasons, the first was simply to have a break it had been an unexpected stressful six months and after bringing an FA Cup into the club i believed i needed a break. However there is never a break from work in this job and Fernando was also holidaying out here, i wanted to meet with him face to face see the look in his eyes. I desperatly wanted to keep Fernando but he's ageing and injury prone. If he doesnt want be here then he'll have to leave.

pretty soon mate, hoping to get through most of the off field pre season stuff today :) inc Fernando

FourFourTwoHeader.png

Dalglish Continues To Cut Squad:

Kenny Dalglish has continued to minimize his squad before he attemtps to add to it. Dalglish had previously let some senior players go as well as many younsters, but now Dalglish has continued this by removing more senior players from the squad,
Liverpool Outgoings:

Ryan Babel - £4.3m - Blackburn
Phillip Degen - £2m - Stoke
Emiliano Insua - £3.7m - Benfica
Nabil El Zhar - £2m - Malaga

Ryan+Babel+Liverpool+v+Trabzonspor+UEFA+Europa+efVht7QhuQQl.jpg

I was happy with the releases, i had been relaxing all week but recieving texts to confirm the deals from Damien, i was dissapointed to let Ryan go and for a small amount, but the transfers off El Zhar and Degen brought in more than i expected. Damien also informed me off a £35m offer from Barcelona for Fernando i was off to talk to him tomorrow, i wouldnt reviel the club or price but simply ask him would he want to leave.

Very nice update. I am waiting for Jack Fulham to come on and accept mine so if you could have a look at that if its accepted ?

Cant wait to hear about Torres

Very good updates. Made some good money there. If you sell Torres you'll have to be quick in the market to sign a striker. Good luck with Charlie Adam

I headed out to see Fernando half way through my holiday, he knew i was coming to see him, he looked very relaxed and he had a huge smile on his face, he shook my hand and gave me a 'hi gaffer' he seem pleased to see me it was a good sign from my point of view.

FtorresBIG_468x232.jpg

We sat and spoke for a while, i told him that an offer had been recieved, 'is it a big fee boss.' 'its not massive but its a decent wedge.' a big smile came across his face, 'im not bothered boss, ive given it thought, i want to be the next king of anfield, i love the place i love the fans, yes Spain is my home, but i feel more scouse than catalonian and i want to stay.' That was good enough for me, we countinued to talk but id heard enough Fernando was staying, i asked him to sign a new contract to put all the speculation to an end. I had to forget all that had gone before, he may have wanted a move but i saw in his eyes that he wanted to stay, and i was ecstatic about that.

I returned from Madrid just a couple of days later, as soon as i touched down my phone started going mad, there were still transfers to be sanctioned. We were now dealing for a lot of transfers in, all the players were due back in 4 days, i wanted to sell all the players that were going to leave the squad by then and hopefully start to add to it that day. My phone began to buzz once again it was Olly Holloway. 'You alright Olly.' 'Hi Ken, ive got some news on Charlie for you.' 'Go on Olly.' 'Look we dont want to restrict Charlie he wants away now and we understand that, i just wanted to give you a heads up that Spurs and Aston Villa have had £8m bids accepted and your Mr Camoli seems to be stopping at £5m, i would want Charlie to go to you over anyone mate, so call that complete person and tell him to put an extra £3m in and Charlie will be your man.'
IanHollowayBig.jpg

It was an odd call to recieve were this an agent id have hung up straight away, but Ian is an honest man i knew he had great respect for me and i had respect for him. I text Damien saying 'most important transfer of our summer! Get Adam for £8m get it done by tomorrow.' i didnt hear of him for hours then at half 10 i recieved a text simply saying 'Done.' Adam was ours and I couldnt wait to meet the lad.

I gave Jamie and Sammy a quick call just sorting out the first session back and talking about transfer targets we put ourselves into a multi-call with Damien, we had already handed our list in and Damien started to run through the on going negotiations. 'I think we can get Suarez fellas, im 99% about Joe Mattock and im still searching for a DM and centre back.' 'Cheers Damien.'

luis-suarez2.jpg

The summer was all starting to come together nicely and i was getting that feeling in the belly, i was excited and it felt like it'd be a special season.

Torres is a smart lad, with a few decent signings I think your team has more potential to develop than Barcelona, well done on Adam.

I hadnt yet spoke to Charlie Adam or Joe Mattock who i had confirmed was coming to the training ground today to sign a contract, i wasnt going to be there as we were jetting of to Japan for a quick two game tour against Puhang and Suwon. I was excited to be heading out there and getting to see some football again. The whole of the first team squad travelled including newly brought Shaun Wright-Phillips. This trip wasnt just a commercial trip as reported, it was planned somewhere totaly new to all the lads, something out of their comfert zone to bring them all together. One thing we'd need all season would be team unity.

Japan-Airlines.jpg

Back