The Manchester United Thread

What is going to take the Glazer's place? We are talking a billion dollars in real money nowadays. Who has that type of investment power? Musk cannot even do it with his Bitcoin profits. They are not going anywhere despite this hit to their reputation. They will distant themselves further and put in a faux local structure to appease the supporters. As soon as Man Utd doesn't turn a profit for them, they will sell, not until then.

Yeah that's a good point, you don't just need a new owner with lot of money, you need owner who understands football. Otherwise it's the same **** different name.

Also from the longer footage of that police incident, some drunken fans are messing with incoming traffic, they stop a truck, driver gets out to talk with them. Then one of the "fans" must have been a criminal mastermind because he either knicks something from the truck, or tries to carjack the truck, all in front of 30 cops.

Police brutality my ***.

Yeah that's a good point, you don't just need a new owner with lot of money, you need owner who understands football. Otherwise it's the same **** different name.

Also from the longer footage of that police incident, some drunken fans are messing with incoming traffic, they stop a truck, driver gets out to talk with them. Then one of the "fans" must have been a criminal mastermind because he either knicks something from the truck, or tries to carjack the truck, all in front of 30 cops.

Police brutality my ***.
That doesn’t give the right for 3/4 coppers to drag and 17/18 yr old behind a cop van hoping there was no cameras and hold him down and start piling in blows like that. They no there in the wrong by how quick the videos started being taken off line. And how quickly the coppers were to shove the camera back. And this wasn’t one incident either.

Yes there were some muppets around yesterday but police are no saints either most of the time.

Lord almighty, that female cop that shows on the right, she's literally has to get on her toes just to see behind other officers backs. I have no problem with women in armed forces and police, but recruiting hobbits is a bit much.
I would have to disagree with you on that view. As a former member of the armed forces I can attest to the fact that some of the scariest and most commanding officers, NCO's and other ranks I met were both female and under 5ft. You don't mess with the little folk believe me. When a 6ft 4in male built like a tank is reduced to a quivering wreck by a female who barely reaches his elbow you will quickly realise size and gender means nothing.

About 5:00, it shows the moment when the police change from watching to aggressively pushing protesters back and hitting some with batons. I assume this was part of a coordinated effort to push the protests back, but it resulted in lots of confrontations that weren't happening immediately before the push.

It seems like both United and GMP failed to prepare for the protests. Some of the scenes of fighting between police and protesters were in a section where police were separated and cornered with no way to retreat or exit.

🚨

Manchester United won't face any punishment as the match was called off on safety grounds, after yesterday’s protests against the ownership of the club by the Glazer family, and thus United are not in breach of any Premier League rules #mufc #mujournal [@henrywinter]

are you high or just trolling at this point all our owners care out is how much this cash cow going into there accounts

Yeah they care about exactly just that... money. They both were quite willing to completely destroy English football and no doubt that was just the start. I could quite feasibly see that Manchester United vs Liverpool in the Super League would have ended up in Dubai or some ****.

Yeah they care about exactly just that... money. They both were quite willing to completely destroy English football and no doubt that was just the start. I could quite feasibly see that Manchester United vs Liverpool in the Super League would have ended up in Dubai or some ****.

Name me ANYONE in football that isn’t out for their own self interests?

There isn’t an ownership out there not in it for profit.

Edwards at Utd, and Moores at L’oool, LONG before the Glaziers and Fenway, were quite happy to **** all over English football back in ‘92 when they didn’t give a flying F about the pyramid and started the greed.

The ESL was just 30-years in the making of that. Of which your club has benefited more than most any other through that duration.

So lets not go along with the likes of Neville and cos bullshit that this is new.

Name me ANYONE in football that isn’t out for their own self interests?

There isn’t an ownership out there not in it for profit.

Edwards at Utd, and Moores at L’oool, LONG before the Glaziers and Fenway, were quite happy to **** all over English football back in ‘92 when they didn’t give a flying F about the pyramid and started the greed.

The ESL was just 30-years in the making of that. Of which your club has benefited more than most any other through that duration.

So lets not go along with the likes of Neville and cos bullshit that this is new.

But I don't see what your problem is with a largely peaceful protest (yeah a few people got hurt.... in a massive protest it's just going to happen unfortunately).

Ultimately it got the biggest game in English football called off and there would have been no other way to send a message to the Glazers.

Just herding like sheep outside the stadium with banners would have done nothing, it was the pitch invasion that got the game called off ultimately.

I don't really think the start of the Premier League and this Super League is even comparable, this was a closed market that completely disregarded any chance of competition and entry of teams.

But I don't see what your problem is with a largely peaceful protest (yeah a few people got hurt.... in a massive protest it's just going to happen unfortunately).

Ultimately it got the biggest game in English football called off and there would have been no other way to send a message to the Glazers.

Just herding like sheep outside the stadium with banners would have done nothing, it was the pitch invasion that got the game called off ultimately.

I don't really think the start of the Premier League and this Super League is even comparable, this was a closed market that completely disregarded any chance of competition and entry of teams.

if it had been ‘largely peaceful’, there wouldn’t be an issue. When GMP are drafting in other forces to contain the violence, that negates that bollocks as much as Neville wants to spew it. (And the photie of him above encouraging criminal, violent behaviour just says it all about the humongous, hypocritical gobshite.).

The reasons were right. The actions were ‘WHOLLY’ wrong. I’m 100% behind Utd fans protesting. But theres ways and means. Getting a game called off for security reasons just dilutes the whole message. I don’t need telling what it takes to successfully campaign against bad owners ta mate. Been there. Done that. Without any violence and yobish behaviiur.

As to your last paragraph, thats exactly what they got wrong. Had they pushed this with promotion/ relegation, all the two faced wankers like Sky would have supported it and turned in UEFA for their closed shop CL reform. Which has all been conveniently forgotten.

Arsenal done outside ground protest the other day.... does anyone even remember it?

🚨

Manchester United won't face any punishment as the match was called off on safety grounds, after yesterday’s protests against the ownership of the club by the Glazer family, and thus United are not in breach of any Premier League rules #mufc #mujournal [@henrywinter]

So many conflicting reports-

Manchester United could be deducted points as Premier League and FA rules contradict one another on postponements.
According to the FA’s rulebook in section 8.3.4, it states that United could be found to have been at fault for the match not going ahead and see Liverpool awarded three points.
With both clubs agreeing to the decision to postpone the match, it remains to be seen whether any sanctions will come into effect.

I’ve little doubt they won’t be sanctioned. But just because they won’t be, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be.

As with everything else in this absolute farce of a football season, it makes a complete mockery of the rule book.

Arsenal done outside ground protest the other day.... does anyone even remember it?

They would if they carried it on going forward and had a concerted campaign against Kronke and anyone associsted with any of his interests.

There was EVERY justification for Utd fans protests yesterday. If anything, they’re 16-years too late.

But there was NO justification for mob mentality and violence.

Last edited:
They would if they carried it on going forward and had a concerted campaign against Kronke and anyone associsted with any of his interests.

There was EVERY justification for Utd fans protests yesterday. If anything, they’re 16-years too late.

But there was NO justification for mob mentality and violence.

We've been protesting for decades, the green and gold campaign? So called peaceful measures that have done f all.

The only way this protest could have been better, the pitch invasion should have been more co-ordinated and gather in centre circle with banners. Rather than people going here there and everywhere.

Ultimately the protest set out to get the game called off and send a worldwide message, it did that, love it or hate it. I think this is the strongest message the Glazers could have heard.

Last edited: