The Manchester United Thread

Can someone tell me whats so special about Ralf Ragnick? Everyone seems to get their pants wet when talking about him but he sounds like the German Biesla to me.
He's a relic for me as a manager. Wouldn't mind him being an interim.

For me, the appeal is him as a DOF when looking at his work at RB Leipzig for example. He laid all the foundations to what they are today.

Get him in now as an interim then to go upstairs with Murtaugh afterwards. He would literally change us as a club from playing style as a manager to how we would actually operate as a club.

Plus if we got him now him and Murtaugh could plan and play a big part on who we hire as perm manager. Missing out on him if there’s a chance. Is as daft as giving Ole new contract. Or missing out on Conte just or the likes of Poch or any other good manager that’s been available since Fergie retired.

What exactly has this brilliant coach actually won? The reason I ask is because I keep hearing his name pop up for the last 5-6 years whenever a top club manager gets sacked and I cant fathom why exactly.

And if he is so good, why in the world is he at Lokomotiv Moscow? Lack of ambition on his part?

And if he is so good, why in the world is he at Lokomotiv Moscow? Lack of ambition on his part?
Have you seen the teams he's managed mate? Doubt managers would win a lot managing the likes of Hoffeinheim, RB Salzburg and Schalke

Have you seen the teams he's managed mate? Doubt managers would win a lot managing the likes of Hoffeinheim, RB Salzburg and Schalke

Then it begs the question as to why he hasnt gone and managed a bigger team yet? If he is this good, surely someone would have given him a chance.

Seems like another one of those coaches with more mythical ‘hype’ than substance. I am sure he is a good coach. But the way some people rave about him like he is the 2nd coming of Jesus…

Then it begs the question as to why he hasnt gone and managed a bigger team yet? If he is this good, surely someone would have given him a chance.

Seems like another one of those coaches with more mythical ‘hype’ than substance. I am sure he is a good coach. But the way some people rave about him like he is the 2nd coming of Jesus…
You forget one important thing. Big clubs usually dont allow managers change club phylosophy by their vision,. Very rare cases club will start structuring like the manager wants. Usually it is the way of club bosses want or you are gone. And you have a guy named ED who still lingers the hallways and has put his way of thinking roots deep into the club system.

Guys like Ragnick, Klopp, Bielsa, LVG, Pep need understanding, trust and more controll from the board to their hands.

Not lack of ambition. He went there for the project and has been given complete oversight on all things football. From first team development to completely restructuring the academy.

His years at Hoffenheim he got them to back to back promotions and got them to the German cup final with a pretty average squad.

He won the the league in his first season in management in the German 3rd tier. Then after being hired by Stuggart the following season won the intertoto cup. Then won the German second tier league and gained Hannover promotion the following season. Before joining Hoffenheim.

Even his stints at Schalke we’re a success wining the league and getting them to the CL semi. His work at both Rb clubs as a DOF has been outstanding.

He’s not moved around much out of Germany due to the fact of how he likes to operate and have total control. Not many big clubs offer that sort of control or total say to a single person,

I still think it will be someone underwhelming, how many times have we skated around these names in the media. The last thing these muppets in our boardroom want is someone like Rangnick.