The Manchester United Thread

We’ll never know, but I find it hard to believe Utd wouldn’t have paid whatever Benfica wanted if they’d of had any indication from the player he was interested.

Which was all smacks to me of yet another big name chase for a position that isn’t as high on the many others that need addressing,
Might have been a different story if we had CL depending on who you believe. I wouldn’t say STR isn’t high on the list as we only have 1 heading into next season. ****** squads a mess!

Clubs rarely do mate today until after you’ve spoke to the player/ his reps, and found out if he’s interested in what you’re offering. With the complications of deals these days, it defeats the object if you spend ages negotiating with a club first. Only to find out the player isn’t interested.

Looks like Henderson will be the next one out. Still a few more need to go!

Be interesting to see how ETH would have us line up in midfield if we got FDJ, Eriksen, Anthony.?

What’s with Utds fans obsession with a new signings height and muscle mass🤷🏻‍♂️ and always assuming they will be signed to play another position than what is actually there position. And making up strange formations/lineups to fit new signings in 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Looks like Henderson will be the next one out. Still a few more need to go!

Be interesting to see how ETH would have us line up in midfield if we got FDJ, Eriksen, Anthony.?
With no DMs, center half and a new right back, I don’t really want to imagine our lineup

I also don’t understand this Eriksen signing. He occupies an area we actually have very little issues in.

With no DMs, center half and a new right back, I don’t really want to imagine our lineup

I also don’t understand this Eriksen signing. He occupies an area we actually have very little issues in.
Well we won’t play with a DM as ETH uses two 8s normally in a fluid 4231. So I don’t understand why fans seem to assume ( not you! ) that we was going to sign a CB in Timber to play there or now Martinez instead who is also a CB. How about we sign a CB to play CB🤷🏻‍♂️

I think a FB will depend on sales imo mate. And Eriksen makes sense with Lingard and Mata leaving gives us quality cover. And if he sees DVB as a number 8 instead of using McFred in the starting line up. Gives him flexibility in a lot of ways and on a free. Exc wages and signing on fee I know.

#mufc favoured a one-at-a-time strategy in previous windows and may struggle to execute deals concurrently this summer after a restructure. They are effectively starting from scratch, going off Ten Hag's shortlist and disregarding most of the recommendations from the scouting department [@ManUtdMEN]

Well we won’t play with a DM as ETH uses two 8s normally in a fluid 4231. So I don’t understand why fans seem to assume ( not you! ) that we was going to sign a CB in Timber to play there or now Martinez instead who is also a CB. How about we sign a CB to play CB🤷🏻‍♂️

I think a FB will depend on sales imo mate. And Eriksen makes sense with Lingard and Mata leaving gives us quality cover. And if he sees DVB as a number 8 instead of using McFred in the starting line up. Gives him flexibility in a lot of ways and on a free. Exc wages and signing on fee I know.
Well this won’t fly really. From what I’ve seen, De Jong needs a disciplined DM next to him in a pivot as his defensive ability is similar to that of Pogba. His strength lies in his ball progression from deep areas as well as his press resistance. At Ajax, ETH has always used a pure DM in the pivot, be it schone or Alvarez. We could literally get Enzo Fernandez on a cheap to fill this role and we’d be all set in central midfield.

Also, we could be proactive enough and buy a fullback before selling one.

Well this won’t fly really. From what I’ve seen, De Jong needs a disciplined DM next to him in a pivot as his defensive ability is similar to that of Pogba. His strength lies in his ball progression from deep areas as well as his press resistance. At Ajax, ETH has always used a pure DM in the pivot, be it schone or Alvarez. We could literally get Enzo Fernandez on a cheap to fill this role and we’d be all set in central midfield.

Also, we could be proactive enough and buy a fullback before selling one.
Schone wasn’t a pure DM he was a Winger/AM made into an CM by EtH. Fernandez would be a good signing but again isn’t a pure DM and is more a work horse No8. With great technical ability. And has a creative side with 16 goal involvements last season. City are after him apparently. De Jong has also played in a 2 with Gravenberch, Blind, DVB, Wijnaldum. Koopmiers and De Roon for Holland are the closest type DM he’s played with for Holland. Obviously Budapest for Barca.

#mufc’s scouting department is being revamped again under John Murtough and Erik ten Hag. [@samuelluckhurst]

So I was mooching around before bed, and I came upon a very interesting discussion on Utd. Something I would normally swerve, but a very enjoyable and cordial discussion with a very rationale Utd fan. Mainly transfers, but he covered all things the state of your club.

I found him insightful and I recommend the watch which is saying something haha.

Last edited:
We’ll never know, but I find it hard to believe Utd wouldn’t have paid whatever Benfica wanted if they’d of had any indication from the player he was interested.

Which was all smacks to me of yet another big name chase for a position that isn’t as high on the many others that need addressing,
Well Paul Hirst said United declined to pay what Benfica asked, so there's that.

Well Paul Hirst said United declined to pay what Benfica asked, so there's that.
Actually, I heard united officials travelled to Portugal to meet with Benfica president Rui Costa only for him to bail the meeting due to “food poisoning”. We, in turn, took it as a snub and moved on.

i think I know who the chef was
2BD65060-1497-490F-85E6-CFBA71FB84A5.jpeg

Yeah, heard that. Also heard that Nunez rejected United because of the weather in Manchester. Seems like the same chef told him that there's a mediterranean climate in Liverpool. Twas a no brainer for young Darwin.