The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
Bought Depay, don't know how you can all rate him. He's shocking for me.

I mean he has great dribbling but he's only had one outstanding game this season the rest he has been below average.
I have tried to untrain his "shoots from distance" PPM but he wasn't having it, might have to sell him as he keeps complaining he doesn't play, but when he does I have to sub him off from frustration.

*sigh*

EDIT: Ashley Young is a monster though, so it's not all bad

Last edited:
Anybody else pick up Andreja Zivkovic? Lad's been a beast for me as a backup/cup game/sub right winger, rotating him with Euro Golden Boy Januzaj.

On the other hand, Di Maria is seriously underperforming for me, which is a shock. Januzaj is keeping him out of the team.

And finally, Ezequiel Munoz? I got him for pennies (£7m) and he is an absolute tank at the back for me, definitely a go-to signing for me from now on as United with the defensive issues we have.

di maria hasn't been great for me either, rooney has been awful and wants a new challenge so he is gone in jan. heard of zivkovic but not got him. qualified out of c.league group with game to spare, 2nd in league. got 6 wonderkids in my first team :) got luka jovic arriving in jan, looks unreal. 8.75m and will surely be a wkid with his stats.

Anybody else pick up Andreja Zivkovic? Lad's been a beast for me as a backup/cup game/sub right winger, rotating him with Euro Golden Boy Januzaj.

On the other hand, Di Maria is seriously underperforming for me, which is a shock. Januzaj is keeping him out of the team.

And finally, Ezequiel Munoz? I got him for pennies (£7m) and he is an absolute tank at the back for me, definitely a go-to signing for me from now on as United with the defensive issues we have.

I've bought Zivkovic mate, should be arriving in the next transfer window! Glad to hear he can do well :)

di maria hasn't been great for me either, rooney has been awful and wants a new challenge so he is gone in jan. heard of zivkovic but not got him. qualified out of c.league group with game to spare, 2nd in league. got 6 wonderkids in my first team :) got luka jovic arriving in jan, looks unreal. 8.75m and will surely be a wkid with his stats.

Rooney won the WPOTY in my first year, and I nabbed Jovic too at the start of the season for 1m in 2014 :D

1m??!! just sold rooney to arsenal for 5m, yes I know ridiculous but hear me out! been awful for me and came to me saying he wanted a new challenge. 140k a week of the wage bill( im paying the rest :( ), I only play one up top and got destro alcacer and jovic joining me as rooney leaves. I never keep an unhappy player. I did ask for 10m but nobody bid. 2nd in league, got juve in kout stages of champs :( 2nd season btw.

just sold Henriquez for nowt but still 30k a week of the wage bill, really want volland or fede cartabia for right wing.

got 18m in the bank, keeping it for the summer. Rafael wanted by real and juve want januzaj so chance they will both go in summer. 2nd 6pts ahead of arsenal and have a game in hand

Playing my attempt at Jurgen Klopps philosphy of gegenpressing (super high pressure from every player in in front of the holding mid on the defence, high tempo possession football on the attack)

4-3-3 Wide, Flat midfield.

Out:

Fletcher (solid player, need to cash in on him now)

Smalling (only cos rojo wont leave).

Valencia (he's terrible now, can run with the ball, damned if he tries anything else with it though, time to cash in)

Anderson (don't need a reason).

Sent Falcao home cos I know from previous experience that he's made of glass and is a complete mercenary. I object to us getting him in RL (understand the need to overspend for CL in business terms, not really impressed with whats happened to United from a spiritual point of veiw, too many mercenarys like city.) and frankly his outrageous wages can buy me a defender which is what we really need.

Considered letting De Gea go to PSG cos he moans like a ***** when I don't, but kept him cos Ter-Stegen is at Barca now.

In:

Javi Martinez (simply one of the best midfield breakers in the world, better mental and technical stats than Fellaini)

Mateo Kovacic (Close between him and Veratti, went with Kovacic as hes more useful if I decide not to use a roaming playmaker and i fancied a change as Veratti is a no brainer)

Nikolas Nkoulou (Would normally take Balanta but need defensive stability now and Nkoulou is 10m of awesome bit low on the tackle side, but make up for it with mental stats, particularly his decisions) and technical stats are easy to train.

Lucas Romero (no reason needed, kid is just good at almost everything and will fill in any of the midfield roles I use with ease)

Lucas Boyé (Munir picked barca over my united team - understandable given the current state of the team and its rep)

Decided to go with mainly youth except for the holding midfielder who simply needs to be as close to world class as possible as it just makes the entire teams life easier to have someone with serious quality backstopping defense and attack, hence the outlay on Martinez.

1st place since end of october (oddly enough when my full backs came back :p). Currently in February and 9 points clear battered city 3-0 at home, camped around their box, chelsea were the biggest challenge but when Mourinho parks the bus theres not much you can do except hope for an individual mistake, which with the team he's built is like hunting unicorns.

Have to say, aside from a too many niggly knocks being taken as injuries (especially self inflicted) I'm enjoying this FM way more than last year.

Brotherzaah, how much did you get Martinez for? Also could you post your tactic? Thanks

View attachment 329094

1st season in:
Munir - 12.75m
Sergi Samper - 12.75m
Niklas Sule - 22.5m
Eder Alvarez Balanta - 19m

1st season out:
Ashley Young - 15m Tottenham
Chris Smalling - 17.5m Arsenal
Fellaini - 8.5m Napoli
Fletcher - 6.25m Newcastle
Michael Keane - 1.7m Burnley

2nd season in:
Youri Tielemans - 20m
Ante Coric - 2.2m
Maximilian Meyer - 19m
Balte Keita - 27.5m
Aleksandar Mitrovic - 25m

2nd season out:
Zaha - 21.5m Monaco
Lingard - 5.5m Crystal Palace
Hernandez - 37.5m Napoli
Carrick - 2.2m Southampton
Nani - 22m BVB
Henriquez - 13.5m PSV

In the end and having won the domestic treble in my first season while using mostly my tactics I decided to continue with the save for at least one more season as I have an idea as to tactics which involves utilising all the new player roles for FM15 within a 442, coupled with another idea: a basic 442 with set instructions but while the instructions will mostly remain the same each match, the formation will be changed according to the needs of each match (eg drop the defensive midfielder into an anchorman position to man mark amc etc).

I sold:

RVP
Zaha
Falcao (didnt buy)
Nani
Cleverley (having renewed his contract in first season in order to sell him in 2nd and make money out of him)
Valencia (squad/fans were apoplectic at this after his performances in 1st season)
Carrick
Fellaini
Lingard
Lindegaard

But: I was not given much in transfer budget (27m I think) and only get 60% from player sales so I couldnt go too extravagant. Still I tried for Munir (50m was rejected), Lukaku (Everton wanted too much) and Sterling (50m was rejected), so instead I bought:

El Shaarawy (from Monaco) 10m up front plus 10m instalments (daylight robbery imho)
Ross Barkley
Will Hughes
Pione Sisto 9.5m (with instalments)
Timo Horn

And my squad now is:

DDG - Timo Horn
Peruzzi - Rafael - Shaw - Rojo - Balanta - Samir - Papastathopoulos (fans player of the year 1st season) - Evans - Jones - Smalling
Hou Saeter - Sven Bender - Lucas Romero - Ander - Will Hughes- Ross Barkley - Tielemans-Powell
Sisto - Januzaj- ADM - Wellington Nem-Ante Coric-Berntsen
Rooney-El Shaarawy-Chicharito-Henriquez-Depay

Im sure there's a couple more I forgot.

Had to start game again because laptop went pete tong on me :) Playing as Utd with Eriksen tactics latest versions

Sold
Anderson and Fletch 1m
Young 12.5m
Smalling 13m
Fellaini 11m
Valencia 10m

Signed
Verratti
Denswil
Balanta
Rodriguez
Gil Romero
Lucas Romero
Barbosa
Fierro
Peruzzi
Will Hughes
Patrick Roberts
Niklas Stark
Depay
Tielmans all on installements.

Signed on youth contracts
Wilfred Kaptoum
Adama Traore
Vaclav Cerny
Jesus Vallejo
Melkamu Taufer
Bilal Ould
Alper Ademoglu
Ante Coric
Federico Bonazzoli

What leagues do you have active to find Gaston Gil Romero? Since the full game release he's disappeared from my database.

That's a restart then lol. Does he get a WP ok this year? Because I could never get him one in 14.

lucas romero is amazing. I just got sacked, 1st season 3rd and league cup final, at time of being sacked I was 3rd 2 pts of arsenal just won 3 league games in a row, got out of champs league group. Had 18m in the bank. ridiculous.

View attachment 705566

1st season in:
Munir - 12.75m
Sergi Samper - 12.75m
Niklas Sule - 22.5m
Eder Alvarez Balanta - 19m

1st season out:
Ashley Young - 15m Tottenham
Chris Smalling - 17.5m Arsenal
Fellaini - 8.5m Napoli
Fletcher - 6.25m Newcastle
Michael Keane - 1.7m Burnley

2nd season in:
Youri Tielemans - 20m
Ante Coric - 2.2m
Maximilian Meyer - 19m
Balte Keita - 27.5m
Aleksandar Mitrovic - 25m

2nd season out:
Zaha - 21.5m Monaco
Lingard - 5.5m Crystal Palace
Hernandez - 37.5m Napoli
Carrick - 2.2m Southampton
Nani - 22m BVB
Henriquez - 13.5m PSV

how the **** do u manage to get so much money for players?!

Back