The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
How much did you buy Cuadrado for?

Im currently in December second season (lost the charity shield 2-1 to chelsea). Im second 6 points off the top. Mainly using new tactics that Ive made to test possession based stuff which hardly lose but there are a lot of draws.

Januzaj/Mata/Romero are particularly good
I bought Cuadrado 1st season cost me 46m all together with 197k wages. Tried getting him for less in a few saves 1st season but always chose Chelsea if I offered any less.

1fd9db8aac943566b9dbdf572a472e2d.png

Bargain, offered Barbosa and Juan Mata in exchange + £20M (could have gotten him without Barbosa going the opposite way but wanted to get him off my wage book, munir is better)

I say it's a decent deal, I regret not paying £40M + Barbosa and keeping Mata but I figured Mata wouldn't get many games after Rodriguez arrived. Plus if I got rid of Barbosa and Mata my wage budget would remain the same, Rodriguez demands £1.19m, Mata and Barbosa combined have 1.3m wages.

I've just completed my first season with United and won the league and carling cup I've played a lot of attacking football but the board and fans are getting frustrated that we aren't playing possession football what instructions shall I be using beside retain possession to shut the board up

Blind to Juventus:

35d199e87aa45a118ae84539a7b2f42d.png

Lewandowski to United: (£50m + addons depending on performances)

576009285568e31478a08083120ee091.png

Employing a three-striker set up this season so pretty simple setup (Van Persie, Munir, Lewandowski) and when James Rodriguez becomes accomplished in the striker role he will replace Van Persie who's contract expires next season.

Also got approached by Italy to become their manager, after our recent Champions League triumph I couldn't refuse to take the aim at winning the 2018 World Cup. (I feel with Italy's squad we have a decent chance, I will be giving youth players the call up in the hope they are ready for 2018)

This is my big... long term save. (I won't be abandoning this save, I may abandon United and Italy and get another job but not for a few more years :P)

EDIT: David Alaba joins United!

3339f40356dd353babc2aea1a2818e9b.png

The chairman did everything...

Last edited:
Just finished 1st season and won the Prem and FA Cup.
Di María(won Prem POTY),Falcao,Smalling,De Gea and Jones(Won Fans POTY) were immense for me. Fletcher and Valencia were solid back ups.
Anderson,Evans (16.5mil Chelsea),Young,Henrique,Nani (15mil Real Madrid),Carrick and Cleverly all sold/released. Utd in FM15 are very well balanced IMO was a comfortable first season.

Side Note : Balotelli got top scorer lol

Just put a bid in for the Ox after he declared intrest in wanting to join.

Last edited:
If they perform for like over 20 games (Blind was my ultimate cover man for WBL, WBR, DM... etc) so I only had Rafael and Shaw so I didn't have any backups for WBL or WBR so Blind just played there when the injury prone ****** were injured and he had played over 30 times in all competitions, plus we've just won the Champions League so his value had sky rocketed, he isn't worth £14m (I think united signed him for that)... so I thought why not sell him for £30m because he isn't that good.

Currently playing 4 3 3 with my main midfield of di Maria kranevitter kovacic

what is di Maria and kovacics best roles? Thinking di Maria adv pl (a) and kovacic roaming playmaker with Herrera and teilesman back up?

squad

Keepers - de gea lindegard

fullbacks - rafael, peruzzi, shaw, Gaye

cbs - jones, rojo, dragovic, Evans

dms - kranevitter, samper, blindt

cms - di Maria,kovacic,Herrera, teileman

wingers - depay januzi cartabia, bittencourt (going to sign sterling)

strikers -icardi. Rooney, zivkovic, henriquez (going to sell and get berahino for a bit of English talent)

Just finished 1st season and won the Prem and FA Cup.
Di María(won Prem POTY),Falcao,Smalling,De Gea and Jones(Won Fans POTY) were immense for me. Fletcher and Valencia were solid back ups.
Anderson,Evans (16.5mil Chelsea),Young,Henrique,Nani (15mil Real Madrid),Carrick and Cleverly all sold/released. Utd in FM15 are very well balanced IMO was a comfortable first season.

Side Note : Balotelli got top scorer lol

Just put a bid in for the Ox after he declared intrest in wanting to join.

I might have missed you already saying this but how have you got your team set up? Sounds like you've managed to get the best out of most of them.

Just finished my 4th season. Finished 2nd in my 1st season behind Chelsea, I eventually settled on the '4-1-1-2-2' formation that's on the workshop. 2nd and 3rd season I won the League and CL. 4th season finished 2nd and won the CL.

Notable transfers: 1st season: Patrick Roberts.
2nd: Iturbe and Tielesman Out: Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson
3rd: Bale, Balanta Out: Young, RVP, Valencia, Smalling
4th: Pogba, El Shaarawy Out: Bale (lower than expected form/rating/massive wages) , Iturbe, Di Maria, Herrera, Hernandez, Fellaini.

The clear out in season 4 was a combination of contracts coming up on older players and a lot of regens forcing their way into the team. Probably why I didn't win the league that year but long-term it's the right move.

I know they're not fashionable players but I'd recommend hanging onto Nani, Fellaini and Hernandez. Nani in particular is absolutely outstanding. Fellaini is also great especially in European games.

Jan 2nd season tried to offload Chicharito but he got injured and failed medical. Sold Samir for 9m (near double his value) as he wasnt developing fast enuff.

Bought

Andre Hahn (2.1m rel clause is ridiculous for a player with amazing stats)
N. Boye (Argentinian cf - young with excellent stats- v recommended - wanted to try him as this for me is a test save) 9m
Murru
Umtiti
Matic (9m off tranny list).

Equal on points with Chelski but they ve got 2 games in hand. I still hardly lose but have too many draws.

So squad:

GK: DDH/Timo Horn

FBs/WBs: Rafael, Shaw, Peruzzi, Murru, Rojo, Blind
CBs: Umtiti, Balanta, Papastathopoulos, Jones, Evans, Smalling
DM: Matic, Bender, L. Romero, Ander, Will Hughes
CM: Barkley, Tielemans, Hou Saeter (loaned off to Twente), Powell
Wingers/AM: ADM, Wellington Nem, Pione Sisto, Hahn, Januzaj, Juan Mata, Depay
CF: Rooney/Henriquez/Chicharito/El Sharawy/Boye

Also got: Coric, Berntsen, Wilson, Keane, Blackett out on loan

Last edited:
Started new save after Patch release.

Sold- Anderson 5m - Fletcher 1m - Young 12.5m.
Bought- Moura 25m - Javi Martinez - 25m - Firmino 17m - Clyne 12m - Quintero 10.75m - Kurwaza 9m all on instalments.
Promoted Mitchell and Wilson

Using Eriksen Beautifullfootball with couple of tweaks to v10 press version. Won all friendlies so far.

Munir is a must buy for me!! £10.25m buyout makes him a bargain. Averages at least a goal a game in both of the saves I have going at the minute.

Started a save with Utd last night and I'm absolutely flying so far!

View attachment 325111

The only game I have dropped points on so far was against Chelsea and they didn't have a single shot all game!

My Plan is to get rid of RVP(Who has been immense so far but is just to injury prone) & Falcao at the end of the season and use Munir as my main man upfront, with Henriquez and Wilson as back-up. Very risky but think theres enough goals in that team elswhere to be able to carry such a young front line.

View attachment 325110

View attachment 325109

Last edited:
I bid for Munir but he chose to renew at Barcelona :(

End of season 2 I think I'm going to let go of Nani and Valencia. Who should I look at for AMR?

I Know its controversial but I'm going to try and get Sterling as he was stand-out in my Real Madrid save. He ended up keeping Bale out of the team. will cost around £50m but well worth it.

I just finish my first season, Falcao has been absolutely a goal machine for me, produce 40 goals in 35 matches, more than 1 goal per game, almost Ronaldo like.

However given his high fee, I will not buy him for the next season and instead buying 2 more youngsters for future.

Enrique and Hernandez will be good for the second season. Quite tempted to sell rvp and let falcon go. Still in Feb first season, started a new save after the patch.

Back