The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
Do most people let Falcao go back to Monaco or sign him? not convinced by him and hiss fitness is poor

Falcao is definitely good, it is just that the money is too high and depends on your formation, like for me, I play with one main striker so pretty much the 1st season, RVP was not utilized as much and I think RVP is just as good as Falcao, and by the 2nd season, you have Wilson too to be a 2nd striker so I say let Falcao goes is ok. Unless you play 2 strikers up front.

Jan 2nd season tried to offload Chicharito but he got injured and failed medical. Sold Samir for 9m (near double his value) as he wasnt developing fast enuff.

Bought

Andre Hahn (2.1m rel clause is ridiculous for a player with amazing stats)
N. Boye (Argentinian cf - young with excellent stats- v recommended - wanted to try him as this for me is a test save) 9m
Murru
Umtiti
Matic (9m off tranny list).

Equal on points with Chelski but they ve got 2 games in hand. I still hardly lose but have too many draws.

So squad:

GK: DDH/Timo Horn

FBs/WBs: Rafael, Shaw, Peruzzi, Murru, Rojo, Blind
CBs: Umtiti, Balanta, Papastathopoulos, Jones, Evans, Smalling
DM: Matic, Bender, L. Romero, Ander, Will Hughes
CM: Barkley, Tielemans, Hou Saeter (loaned off to Twente), Powell
Wingers/AM: ADM, Wellington Nem, Pione Sisto, Hahn, Januzaj, Juan Mata, Depay
CF: Rooney/Henriquez/Chicharito/El Sharawy/Boye

Also got: Coric, Berntsen, Wilson, Keane, Blackett out on loan
Why do you buy so many players? I dont get why ppl buy players only to sell the following year. Anyway thats your game strategy. I prefer to develop youngsters tho so im da regen guy.
1st season i sold Anderson, Fellaini, Smalling (part exchange for Baines), Young, Nani, Valencia, cancelled Falcao loan
Bought Savitsky, Pavel Kadetbarak, Tariq, Alper, Romero, Balanta.

I can see a lot sold Rooney as well. Character sucks. Always challenging me so he was off in january. Strangely, he became very consistent for chelsea

Do most people let Falcao go back to Monaco or sign him? not convinced by him and hiss fitness is poor

Keep him only if you plan on selling both Rooney and RVP if you play a lone striker. Keep also n sell Rooney if you play 2 strikers. Other than that sell him. Manutd struggles with financies a lot in this game

BUY HIM. £46.5 million is worth it, i player him as a poacher in a 3-5-2 with Van P or LukakuView attachment 324486. Also won the league with 3-5-2 :).
De Gea
Stones,Jones,Balanta
Coleman,Shaw (WB)
Luiz Gustavo, Lucas Romero
Januzaj/Mata
Falcao, Lukaku/RVP

P.S. why don't people just screenshot their transfer history? (could have screenshot my tactics i know)

Last edited:

Really depends first save I had he was banging goals in and I was going to sign him up and sell off Rooney and RVP. On my current save all three strikers have been poor. All been getting injured. I had to play Ashley Fletcher and Wilson as my main strikers for the December and half of January. Falcon was constantly getting injured after playing a few games. Don't think he's worth it tbh

I barely used Flacao cane he moaned and wanted to go back mid season so I let him. Sod paying all those wages when RVP can bang them in anyway. Rooney was pretty ****, barely used him. Dino Halilovic at 16 outscored and out assisted him first season playing a similar amount of games

Think you get an option to re-sign him again on loan when his initial loan is about to end. That should be a slightly less expensive alternative to signing him completely. But in general, RvP is good enough in the second season, plus Wilson and Henriquez also breaking through, and you have Hernandez as an alternative..

I let him go back. He was good for me 1st season but wasn't convinced to pay the high fee or continue his massive wages. Also brought in Munir and Depay so was happy without him.

Hi,
I had started my United save last week and completed it just hours ago. My aim was to develop a team with homegrown players. MU already have the best attacking talents in the current FM15. As IRL, midfield and defense was the areas they lack class.
At the start of the game, first thing I did was to remove average staffs with high wages. Below is the SS of the staffs I currently have.
View attachment 324349

View attachment 324347
The next thing was to fix a tactic. I saw in many comments here that Christian erikson tactic was a good one. So I decided to use it, but it was a 4-3-3 with only 1 striker and no attacking midfielder. So I just adjusted it into a 4-2-3-1 wide formation where I can utilize the strength in our attack. Thanks to the creators of the wonderful tactic. Hers is SS, its from the 2nd​ season.
View attachment 324346
The next thing was to decide who should play for me. This thread was helpful to get an idea about performance of several players. I ended the Falcao loan, because I didn’t want to spend his enormous wages while I already have Rooney and RVP available. That left me with Wilson as the only backup, so I went for Berahino of WBA. Sadly when they accepted my offer there was a clause of ‘loan back’ L. Then I needed a cover for RB and LB and found Joel Ward of Palace fitting the bill. Also I ended the loan of Cleverley because I wanted to give him a chance! Others were retained (Nobody wanted to buy Anderson). Young was in fine form, until December, and in one game he got a rating below 6, I fined him, so I listed him in January. Arsenal came calling for 16m J. The rest is in the SS.
View attachment 324344

I have to say thanks again, because the tactic was just awesome. Won the league in April first week, with Rooney, RVP, Mata, ADM, Januzaj all performing consistently well. I promoted Mitchel and Pearson to give them some time from the bench. Cleverley was a sensation in the DLP role and kept Herrera out of my team. Posting some results below.
View attachment 324342View attachment 324341View attachment 324340View attachment 324339View attachment 324337View attachment 324336View attachment 324333 (Rooney scores in 13 seconds!!!)

Second Season- Return to Champions League.
From the first season performance, I made up my team for next season. Since I wanted to have a team of homegrown players, I decided to sell some the foreign players I had. Herrera, Fellaini, Valencia, Hernandez, Nani and Blind. I had to sell Evans because he wont agree to a new contract (I fined him a long time ago and apparently that’s the issue). Again, Arsenal comes with a 25m J. Michael Keane also wanted out to play regular football( I was planning to use him as a backup) and I got a decent fee for him. Now that I lost 2 wingers, 2 CMs, and a utility player, I recruited young English players like Ward-Prowse, Redmond, kept Zaha and Henriques. Strootman was brought with Valencia as part of the deal. I couldn’t stop bidding sterling, bcoz my scout told he may be available between 30m-50m. Chambers from Arsenal came in as the new utility player( He’s competent even at AM position!). Loaned back Sterling to LFC since I already have Redmond and Zaha along with ADM, Januzaj and young Mitchel.
Here’s the SS
View attachment 324325
The tactic, I am now using CE v11.0 variation of 4141 and 442 along with 4231. I can post the SS if you like.
Into the 2nd​ season with a good start, and United is now going to play their 1st​ match in Champions League after a one year break :). Cheers!

I just finish my first season, Falcao has been absolutely a goal machine for me, produce 40 goals in 35 matches, more than 1 goal per game, almost Ronaldo like.

However given his high fee, I will not buy him for the next season and instead buying 2 more youngsters for future.

Lucky You, Falcao sucked hard for me, 7 goals in all comps & a.v.e of 6.78 + he's sending the club broke, RVP and Di Maria killed it as a LW/ST combo, check out end of year stats.
View attachment 324231

Is this even possible:

d77aaa392ae65cb5d6d41d6315936f0c.png

7f01dff078ca50f06579d6e393be6b1d.png

Lewandowski is currently the highest performing player in the world, he's scoring more goals than games he plays.

That being said... he wasn't cheap; last season I regretted buying him big time because he was quite old for a player. He's repaying what I paid for him now though :D

My 1st season with Utd took the title challenge option for my budget was 63m. Plenty imo after the business we had already done in the summer!

Sold -
Young 14m to Spurs
Anderson 3m to Everton

Bought -
Moura to replace Valencia end of 1st season
Schniederlin to replace Carrick end of 1st season
Eriksson from Spurs coz was not happy and was bargain.
Also signed Peruzzi and Willems for back up for FBs, and Dragovic for CB.
Then brought in some youngsters Adam Traore and Kaptoum from Barca, both 18 and are playing in 1st team as rotation, Traore has been a beast tbh! Also Jesus Valejo,Bilal Ould,Pavil Savitsky,Vaclav Cerny,Humam Tariq,Ante Coric and Federico Bonazzoli. All doing well out on loan.

Am using Beautiful Eriksson tactic am Halfway through season sitting top, only lost 1 and still in both cup comps. Should not need buy any more big signings now so can concentrate on youth and debt :)

Where can I download the Beautiful Eriksson tactic?

Wow. Not only it's the best Fm in ages, it's also the very first that the Man Utd team is actually pretty strong. AND have money to spend!
Beginning of the fourth season:

GK: De Gea and Ruddy
DR: Rafael and Serge Aurier
CB: Varane, Dragovic, Jones, Caulker, Jesus Vallejo
LB: Ricardo Rodriguez, Luke Shaw
MC: Strootman, Florenzi, Lucas Romero, Gil Romero, Claudio Yacob, Blind
AML/AMR: Mata, Di Maria, Ocampos, Januzaj, Ross Barkley
Strikers: van Persie, Lewandoski

A few explanations: Luke Shaw is too injury prone, Yacob is mister reliable, and surprisinly no ones buys him, and Falcao is not in the team because... well, I could not afford his enourmous salary (he asked for more, MORE than 1,5 million pounds a month!). Rooney is just unreliable in this years' FM.

Team plays as 4-3-3 and a few minor variations. I aimed at players that were consistent performers and not (much)injury prone. Also, some of them are there because I needed english players.

3 times Premier League champions, 1 time Champions League winners, 2 minor cup, and won the Fifa World Clubs.

I must say that I TRULY regret not having enought money to offer for Falcao as he obliterated alone Barcelona and Chelsea in the quarter-finals and semi-finals. Mata, Di Maria AND van Persie were injuried for all those stages ! I had to rely basically o the boys plus Falcao!
For the finals, he was coming back from injury so he did not play that well, but I consider him and Ocampos the ones that took me to cup glory!

Any player you guys might suggest? I'm actually looking for a right back, as Aurier is too good to be a bench player, but the African Nations Cup just kills me!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.

i've just completed my first season with man utd on fm15 and was delighted to win a f.a cup and epl double despite having an injury crisis throughout. I decided to stuck with the current starting squad + a few additions for depth. Bought Lucas digne, Samuel umtiti and ignazio abate for added defensive depth.

my tactic is based around a short-passing, slow tempo, one-touch passing game. I decided to built my team around a false 10/false 9 system with interchanging winger+inside forward on either sides. This yielded 100+ goals in my first season (league only) and had a very good goal spread (whole team got onto the scoresheet, except fullbacks who provide mainly crosses). I am very happy with my current tactic but would love to get more advice to increase my number of clean sheets. Any tips? :)

League top scorers were:

van persie 22 goals
di Maria 20 goals
Mata 15 goals
januzaj 10 goals
rooney 10 goals

my first eleven is usually:

De gea

(FB- support)rafael-jones-rojo-shaw(FB -support)

herrera(BBM)-felaini(BWM - defend)

januzaj (IF- attack) -mata(treq)-di maria (winger-attack)

Van persie (false 9)

Currently 2018 and my starting eleven is as follows

De Gea (He has no loyalty to the club though, so Rulli is coming in on a free transfer to compete with de gea)
Alaba - Balanta - Jones - Rafael
Romero
Pogba - Di Maria
Neymar - Rodriguez - Munir
Lewandowski

Back