The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
Did everyone else get seeded second for the champions league? Won the prem and capital cup first season, bought defolue before second season started, veratti(jan 1st season) got Bayern in the group

Did everyone else get seeded second for the champions league? Won the prem and capital cup first season, bought defolue before second season started, veratti(jan 1st season) got Bayern in the group

Why would your transfers affect your seeding? =P (Mentioning this point since you stated your transfers);; I'm still in March in my first full season, so can't give you a knowledgeable opinion, but probably we're downgraded a level due to being out of the CL for a year..

Why would your transfers affect your seeding? =P (Mentioning this point since you stated your transfers);; I'm still in March in my first full season, so can't give you a knowledgeable opinion, but probably we're downgraded a level due to being out of the CL for a year..

Haha just felt like mentioning my signings. See if anyone approves of it or can tell me how he does later on. Just get a discussion on transfers really.

Squad was upset van persie was sold. How's your season going? Got any good regens from the youth intake?

I played him as advance forward (with just close down more and shoot less often as PI) and also as advanced playmaker behind striker in a 4231 wide. He usually makes 10+ key passes per game and gets a high rating

Exactly the same for me. Got a 4-3-3 which I play Rooney as an AP but most of the time Mata is in better form so he's played instead. Rooney does cover CF for me tho :)

Haha just felt like mentioning my signings. See if anyone approves of it or can tell me how he does later on. Just get a discussion on transfers really.

Squad was upset van persie was sold. How's your season going? Got any good regens from the youth intake?
Deulofeu has been a beast on my story so far, in 2016 and he has 11 goals and 12 assists in 22 games so far this season,

View attachment 323271

Got an unbelievable CB. Near enough to be first team at 15. Will post his pic later (at work, atm)

Deulofeu has been a beast on my story so far, in 2016 and he has 11 goals and 12 assists in 22 games so far this season,

View attachment 718774

Do you play him as winger attack? Or inside forward?
Idk why but Valencia always seems to perform for me So I find it hard to drop him. Also januzaj is keeping di Maria out of the team di Maria got stroppy about van persie being sold, playing him as an inside forward on the left. Bagged a hat trick first game of the season.

Do you play him as winger attack? Or inside forward?
Idk why but Valencia always seems to perform for me So I find it hard to drop him. Also januzaj is keeping di Maria out of the team di Maria got stroppy about van persie being sold, playing him as an inside forward on the left. Bagged a hat trick first game of the season.
Yeah as a winger, Di Maria has just started moaning on my save too about game time despite playing 15 games out 26, He wants to go but no one will pay a decent fee and only getting the 40% transfer revenue back makes most outgoing deals fell almost pointless.

Yeah as a winger, Di Maria has just started moaning on my save too about game time despite playing 15 games out 26, He wants to go but no one will pay a decent fee and only getting the 40% transfer revenue back makes most outgoing deals fell almost pointless.

Atleast you have 40%.. I'm coming near to finishing the first season, and I only get 10% T_T;; On the bright side, di MAria has been beastly for me. Want to sell Rooney and get Pogba, but with transfer revenue the way it is, I doubt it will be possible..

Just finished my first season. I won the league with 4 games to spare, as well as the League Cup (faced City away first up in FA cup and lost 3-0)
I started out playing a narrow diamond to accommodate Falcao but niggling injuries to my strikers meant i reverted back to my trusted Darko 4231 from FM14. Away from home and against big teams I tended to play a 433, bringing my AMC back to a DMC, change wing backs to full backs (def/support). I tend to be pretty flexible with my player roles.

I decided not to make any signings first season, wanted to give most of the squad and some youngsters a chance, though I sold Young to Everton(12.5m) and Anderson to Terek(3.2m).

I had some injuries in defence early in the season. Shaw out for 6months with broken leg, and Evans, Jones, Rojo all out for at least 6weeks in the first couple of months, but I have to say the youngsters that came in as cover did pretty good. Thorpe averaged 6.9 for the season, Reece James played 10 league games all up and was solid, and Blackett was excellent, won 2 MOM's and finished with a 7.18 average. Rafael was a stand out. Jones good, Smalling ok, only Rojo under-performed. Will resist the temptation to buy another defender, will give Varela a run in the first team, with hopefully Janko coming through long term, and keep giving Blackett and Thorpe a chance.

In midfield, Blind was amazing, versatile early on, playing in defence, then settled into a BWM role. Fellani was a surprise, averaging 7.21 as mainly a B2B midfeilder, Herrera was good but had a few injuries. Have renewed Carrick's contract for a back up and will give Powell a run. Just sold Cleverley for 13.25m to Spurs(love how easy it is to sell these sort of players compared to last year)

Further foward Januzaj was a star 11 goals, 15 assist, playing mainly as an inside forward on the left, won Football Writers Player of the Year! Di Maria was good when fit, played only 20 league games, only scored 6goals and 8 assists. Had 2 red cards as well and and missed 6games because of them. Mata started out slowly, but in the last few months was probably my best player, scored some great goals, including a Beckham type lob from just inside the half way line against Palace. Valencia was solid and will keep for another season as back-up and would like to give Lingard a go, as well as Zaha. Periera played a few games and did alright, as did Mitchell and Rashford and will probably loan them out but bring them in, in the future. Only player I bought mid season then loaned back was Patrick Roberts, will probably loan him out as well,

Up front I have the common Falcao dilemma. He was my top scorer with 21 league goals, Rooney 10 goal(out injured for the last 3 months), and RVP had 11 goals and alot of niggling injuries. It is tempting to keep Falcao, but I'm not sure if I can justify the price tag particularly with the club's debt and his injury proneness (In a previous save he got an ACL injury first friendly game and got sent back to Monaco) Really want to give Wilson a chance. He is ready to step up, scored 9 goals from 13 games on loan at Sunderland.

One observation is how many goals I score from rebounds. Alot of teams tend to park the bus, and my midfielders, Blind and Fellani in particular like to shoot from distance and the ball ping pongs around quite a bit. I ended up changing my strikers to a poaching role with much success. But for some reason my strikers rarely average more than 4-5 shots a game. Have my IF's on support, taken off the shoot on sight instruction, but no change. Not sure if it matters too much cos when they do get a chance they are clinical.

Overall I am mildly confident for the the season with the extra Champions League. Hope my youngish squad can cope against bigger Euro teams, and hope my defence stays firm, they are my main concern but I want to stay true to the lads we have for at least another year before I do any major surgery.

Last edited:
How the **** did you sell Young for 12.5m!?! Great piece of business, so far i've only managed to sell Fletcher for 5m to Tottenham, while also trying to offload Lindegaard, Anderson and Young...

West ham did bid 5.5 for Ando but the greedy ******* rejected the contract :@

How the **** did you sell Young for 12.5m!?! Great piece of business, so far i've only managed to sell Fletcher for 5m to Tottenham, while also trying to offload Lindegaard, Anderson and Young...

not sure. He played a few games for me first half of the season and did ok, but started complaining about game time around October. I offered him to clubs in December for his 12.5 value, but got no response. Then I got him to look for a club himself, and this seem to do the trick.

I fobbed off Falcao in the first season because he moaned as he was not getting enough games. RVP was awesome with 30 odd goals so I didn't miss Falcao when I terminated his loan

i sold RVP and Rooney and bought Falcao as well as playing the returning Hernandez who was a beast for me in the 2015-16 season when Falcao was injured for a few months. Im 2 and a half seasons in and Falcao has 79 goals in 102 games and Hernandez in the last 18 months has 41 goals in 66 games.

We're playing the same save! Sold Fletcher for 5m to Spurs, and West Ham are interested in Anderson. But no one is willing to offer anything for Lindegaard or Anderson, even at ridiculously subsidised prices.

Back