The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
We're playing the same save! Sold Fletcher for 5m to Spurs, and West Ham are interested in Anderson. But no one is willing to offer anything for Lindegaard or Anderson, even at ridiculously subsidised prices.
I struggled to sell most of my unwanted players and the likes of Cleverly, Smalling, Carrick, Fletcher and Lindegaard all just left when their contracts were up.

not sure why I am having more success getting rid of my players. I extended Cleverley's contract after he had a great start to the season with Villa, wasn't until later that i saw the 4.5m transfer clause in his loan contract. Thankfully he rejected Villa when they put in a bid, and Spurs picked him up. Lindegaard to Sunderland for 3m. Nani to Sevilla for 4.5 upfront and 8m over 24 months(plus they are paying all his wages!) Hernandez is the only player I can't budge, he rejected a 9m move to Napoli. So I just extended his contract so as to not lose him for free. Will try to shift him again in Jan 16. Fletcher I let go for free after his was injured for most of the season

not sure why I am having more success getting rid of my players. I extended Cleverley's contract after he had a great start to the season with Villa, wasn't until later that i saw the 4.5m transfer clause in his loan contract. Thankfully he rejected Villa when they put in a bid, and Spurs picked him up. Lindegaard to Sunderland for 3m. Nani to Sevilla for 4.5 upfront and 8m over 24 months(plus they are paying all his wages!) Hernandez is the only player I can't budge, he rejected a 9m move to Napoli. So I just extended his contract so as to not lose him for free. Will try to shift him again in Jan 16. Fletcher I let go for free after his was injured for most of the season

Do you have RVP Rooney and Falcao? Hernandez has been a gem for me second season. Sold RVP to Bayern and let falcao go back to Monaco. Rooney was injured on England duty for 3 months!!! Hernandez Wilson and henrique carried my team.

Managed to sell fellani for 10 and Mata for 32m to psg

Do you have RVP Rooney and Falcao? Hernandez has been a gem for me second season. Sold RVP to Bayern and let falcao go back to Monaco. Rooney was injured on England duty for 3 months!!! Hernandez Wilson and henrique carried my team.

Managed to sell fellani for 10 and Mata for 32m to psg

let Falcao go back to Monaco. So Roo, RVP, Wilson are my main strikers. Henriquez loaned to Everton. As 4th choice Hernandez will get some game time, but not alot if all stay healthy. He was good for me in a poachers role in FM14 though

let Falcao go back to Monaco. So Roo, RVP, Wilson are my main strikers. Henriquez loaned to Everton. As 4th choice Hernandez will get some game time, but not alot if all stay healthy. He was good for me in a poachers role in FM14 though

Hows your second season going?
Coming to the end of my second season. One game left.
Henriquez is my top scorer with 31 goals and Wilson with 23 Hernandez with 20 Rooney with just 8
Thinking of signing another striker once Rooney leaves. Not sure if i'm renewing his contract.

Lost in the FA Cup Semi Finals on penalties to Chelsea
Everton won the Capital one cup.
Lost to Bayern in the Semi of the champions league after winning 2-1 at home losing 3-0 away. Missed so many sitters..
Won the prem, 2nd Chelsea 3rd Arsenal 4th Liverpool had a dreadful start to the season and are like 6th. I think they can still catch up to 4th depends on the last day.

Not sure who to sign in the second season, got like £80 mil in the bank. If anyone has any ideas, shout at me. Probably try sign chambers as a back up right back. Those with question marks probably going to sell

GK: De Gea, Zieler
RB: Rafael, Smalling?
CB: Jones, Balanta, Evans, Rojo, Blackett?
LB: Shaw, Regen from Argentina
DM: Crisetig, Romero, Blind?
CM: Herrera, Verrati, Cleverley?
RM: Deulofeu, Valencia
LM: Di Maria, Januzaj
ST: Wilson, Rooney, Henriquez, Hernandez

Maybe a new striker? But I don't even know who to sign. Need to get better at picking up regens from clubs during march time but the scouting system on FM this year has confused me. Not as simple as FM13 where you can set an assignment on the day and you get a full report of all the regens. Trying to think of more home grown players as well but can't think of any decent players worth signing for my team.

Last edited:
So, I can get Pogba for around 96 Million $ (60 upfront, remaining over 48 months) with a 50 per cent of next sale (so never gonna sell him, lol)

Question is, when I go to offering a contract for Pogba, he wants a non-negotiable RC of around 137 Million $ in his terms. Does anyone else who signed him get something similar, a non negotiable RC. I'm trying to sign him at the start of the 2nd transfer window - dunno if he'll be cheaper from third season or not.

If any team gave you 137m for Pogba... it wouldn't be a bad deal. Just get the clause out of his contract after a season or so.

If any team gave you 137m for Pogba... it wouldn't be a bad deal. Just get the clause out of his contract after a season or so.

Eh, True.. But since Juve have a 50 % of sale clause in the contract (only way I could get him for this amount), it will be a horrible deal. But yeah, I guess I'll try to negotiate that out of his contract after a while..

First season finished. Januzaj right wing got 8 goals and 46 assists... unreal.

Coming to the end of my second season. One game left.
Henriquez is my top scorer with 31 goals and Wilson with 23 Hernandez with 20 Rooney with just 8
Thinking of signing another striker once Rooney leaves. Not sure if i'm renewing his contract.

Lost in the FA Cup Semi Finals on penalties to Chelsea
Everton won the Capital one cup.
Lost to Bayern in the Semi of the champions league after winning 2-1 at home losing 3-0 away. Missed so many sitters..
Won the prem, 2nd Chelsea 3rd Arsenal 4th Liverpool had a dreadful start to the season and are like 6th. I think they can still catch up to 4th depends on the last day.

Not sure who to sign in the second season, got like £80 mil in the bank. If anyone has any ideas, shout at me. Probably try sign chambers as a back up right back. Those with question marks probably going to sell

GK: De Gea, Zieler
RB: Rafael, Smalling?
CB: Jones, Balanta, Evans, Rojo, Blackett?
LB: Shaw, Regen from Argentina
DM: Crisetig, Romero, Blind?
CM: Herrera, Verrati, Cleverley?
RM: Deulofeu, Valencia
LM: Di Maria, Januzaj
ST: Wilson, Rooney, Henriquez, Hernandez

Maybe a new striker? But I don't even know who to sign. Need to get better at picking up regens from clubs during march time but the scouting system on FM this year has confused me. Not as simple as FM13 where you can set an assignment on the day and you get a full report of all the regens. Trying to think of more home grown players as well but can't think of any decent players worth signing for my team.

Are you using 4-4-2 by any chance? How has Blackett developed so far? I'm considering bringing him into rotation, like real life, but his attributes and rating aren't appealing.

Im thinking of starting a save with united or arsenal, but not sure which,
Would someone be able to tell me what the starting budget is for them both?
Not on fm atm but want to start thinking about it,

Any tips/advice to help me decide which team to choose would be appriciated

Are you using 4-4-2 by any chance? How has Blackett developed so far? I'm considering bringing him into rotation, like real life, but his attributes and rating aren't appealing.

Blackett has played alright. He's done a solid job when he's come in. Looking to sell him now that it's the third season, I already have a cover for a left back and balanta. I'll only keep him if you need the home grown status. His potential will be better at the next update.

Yeah I play 4-4-2, 4-4-2 diamond and 4-2-3-1

If anyone is looking for a RW for Utd try signing Bilal Basacikoglu. Wont be that cheap about 15-17m is only 18yrs old from Turkey will be at Feyernoord start of the game. But is on fire for me atm keeping Valencia/Januzaj out the team.

Cant post sreenies for some reason, potential wonderkid.

Dribbling-15
Finishing-14
First touch-14
Passing-14
Technique-15
Agression-14
Composure-14
Flair-15
Off the Ball-14
Teamwork-14
Accelaration-17
Agility-15
Natural Fitness-15
Pace-16

Pretty good attributes for 18yr old.

Anyone been able to get Herrera to play good? everyone in my team is doing quite well except him, he's playing as Advanced playmaker in CM in a 4-4-2. Never had any luck with him on previous FM's either.

What's a better formation for United in this FM? 4-4-2, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-2-3-1,3-5-2 etc. Getting this game soon but have had no luck in the demo so far. Thanks :)

1st season

Sold - Young,Fletcher,Anderson

Bought - Gaya,Verratti,Umtiti,Tielemans,Basacikoglu,Vietto,Depay,Vallejo,Traore,Asensio,Chikh,Cerny,Coric

Using NXT6 SHARK Tactic and beasting it atm. Wanted to do my save with just using younsters, and loving it! Will offload a load of deadwood end of 1st season, and invest in more youth.

Anyone got a decent 4-2-3-1 working for the mighty reds? I've just had the united job and gonna look to play that way

Anyone been able to get Herrera to play good? everyone in my team is doing quite well except him, he's playing as Advanced playmaker in CM in a 4-4-2. Never had any luck with him on previous FM's either.

I think it's down to luck which players are on form for you tbh. Herrera is on fire for me, playing so well that instead of rotating him and Verratti each game. I play him in most of the big games. I play him as an advanced playmaker in CM role when i'm playing 4-4-2. Play him as a deep lying playmaker if i play 4-2-3-1 with a poacher upfront and Januzaj in attacking midfield attack

Anyone got a decent 4-2-3-1 working for the mighty reds? I've just had the united job and gonna look to play that way

Have you tried going
GK
RB/LB: Full back support
CB: Defend
DM: Anchor Man
DM: Support or Deep lying playmaker depending on your AM
RW: Winger Support
AM: Attack or use advanced playmaker if you're using defensive midfield support
LW: Inside forward attack
ST: Advanced Forward/Poacher

Early days, but 14 games, 14 wins in all competitions!!
With Roo and RVP both injured, Hernandez w/8 goals and Wilson w/6 are my top scorers. I'm glad I kept the Little Pea.
Been playing with
Johnny’s Reds Attack a narrow 4231. Patrick Roberts has started well, Valencia adapting to the AP role is my top assister. Fellaini killing it as a CM(D)
Taking control of training to try and limit the amount of injuries and the extra demands of the Champions league.
Did you find a RB? I kept Varela this season but am finding I have enough cover with Smalling, Jones, Blind, and even Valencia has moved into the position during games.

Back