The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
I think it's down to luck which players are on form for you tbh. Herrera is on fire for me, playing so well that instead of rotating him and Verratti each game. I play him in most of the big games. I play him as an advanced playmaker in CM role when i'm playing 4-4-2. Play him as a deep lying playmaker if i play 4-2-3-1 with a poacher upfront and Januzaj in attacking midfield attack

Have you tried going
GK
RB/LB: Full back support
CB: Defend
DM: Anchor Man
DM: Support or Deep lying playmaker depending on your AM
RW: Winger Support
AM: Attack or use advanced playmaker if you're using defensive midfield support
LW: Inside forward attack
ST: Advanced Forward/Poacher

here u have from me ;)
View attachment 321005

Finished 1st season won all comps got record points record goals using NXT6 SJARK TAC :) won all individual awards, and had 9 players in team of year. Start of 2nd season sold- Fellaini,Lindergaard,Evans,Valencia,Nani,Hernandez,Powell. After sold Powell Rooney wanted to leave so sold him 47M to Chelsea, bought only Pogba for 56m. Promoted Zaha,Henriquez and signed Bakkali on a free. Start of 2nd season played 5 won 5 in the league. Beat Chelsea in Comm Shield. Looks like its gonna be another record breaking year :) Key players so far 2nd season are Luciano Vietto ST , Luis Gaya FB and Herrera.

15.2 update. Depay's price tag seems to rise. I can only get it down to 32,5M for him. The decision to make here is Depay or Reus (release clause 21M but 150k wage, Depay on 40k). Who is more consistent and less injury prone?

15.2 update. Depay's price tag seems to rise. I can only get it down to 32,5M for him. The decision to make here is Depay or Reus (release clause 21M but 150k wage, Depay on 40k). Who is more consistent and less injury prone?
Its random mate start of my new save on 15.2 I got Depay 33m then had a crash started again and got him for 16m :)

Reus more consistent and better in most cases, Depay hardly gets injured.

Early days, but 14 games, 14 wins in all competitions!!
With Roo and RVP both injured, Hernandez w/8 goals and Wilson w/6 are my top scorers. I'm glad I kept the Little Pea.
Been playing with
Johnny’s Reds Attack a narrow 4231. Patrick Roberts has started well, Valencia adapting to the AP role is my top assister. Fellaini killing it as a CM(D)
Taking control of training to try and limit the amount of injuries and the extra demands of the Champions league.
Did you find a RB? I kept Varela this season but am finding I have enough cover with Smalling, Jones, Blind, and even Valencia has moved into the position during games.

Looking at Chambers to come in, or probably going to retrain Smalling to be the cover RB. Arsenal doesn't seem to want to budge and I been throwing offer up to 25m. I have a big transfer budget being in my third season but still dont want to spend that big of a figure on him

Reus more consistent and better in most cases, Depay hardly gets injured.

Reus wasn't interested to moving to united for me :( Despite me winning the league and capital one cup. Maybe in the new patch he will be. Depay far more likely to join united.

ok second season and i just sold Rooney, anyone suggest a replacement? ive also sold hernandez, ive got Ponce coming is as a backup and got RVP, Falcao gone back,

ok second season and i just sold Rooney, anyone suggest a replacement? ive also sold hernandez, ive got Ponce coming is as a backup and got RVP, Falcao gone back,

Ponce??? Bernandi I think that's how it's spelt. He's from juventus is a good shout. So what about henrique?

Munir, Gabriel Barbosa.. possibly even Lewandowski if you can afford him.

Should have a decent amount to spend at the end of my season. Already got Pogba coming in. Looking for a more defense minded player to go next to him.

looked at Lucas Romero so far, keeping an eye on him. Always like Strootman too though.

Anyone want to recommend a player to fill the ball winning midfield role?

Should have a decent amount to spend at the end of my season. Already got Pogba coming in. Looking for a more defense minded player to go next to him.

looked at Lucas Romero so far, keeping an eye on him. Always like Strootman too though.

I just signed Arturo Vidal for 54million for the ball winning position

If anyone wants a STR for UTD in 2nd season I got rid of RVP,Falcao,Rooney,Hernandez. And bought Luciano Vietto from Villareal, for 12m and has 17 in 10 games so far :) with Henriquez as brilliant back up!

Kyriakos Papadopoulous. Learns the CM position really quick, and is probably the best BWM I've seen from the past 2 FM.. Guy is a ****** monster. Just improve his passing a bit, and he's golden.

I'm in 3rd season. I sold an average youngster, Iver Fossum (bought him in first season, he's not developed to the level I wanted him to be) and Wayne Rooney (my captain) gone mad. He's unhappy because he thought I've sold the most promising young player. Then, I told him I've signed the better replacement for him (I signed Youri Tielemans, a far better player). Problem solved.

Weeks later he came to me and moaned about the same thing. Now the whole squad are unhappy, and I got sacked because I can't solve the squad harmony problem. Is this a bug? I can't do anything to solve this mess.

-------------------------

This is my current team:

GK: De Gea, Johnstone, Milinkovic-Savic

DEF: Rafael, Clyne, Jones, Stones, Keane, Laporte, Shaw

MID: Blind, Carrick, Lucas Silva, Tielemans, Strootman, Herrera
ATT MID: Zivkovic, Januzaj, Mata, Rooney, Di Maria, Depay, Mitchell

ST: RVP, Wilson

Now I can't play my Manchester United save anymore :'(

I'm in 3rd season. I sold an average youngster, Iver Fossum (bought him in first season, he's not developed to the level I wanted him to be) and Wayne Rooney (my captain) gone mad. He's unhappy because he thought I've sold the most promising young player. Then, I told him I've signed the better replacement for him (I signed Youri Tielemans, a far better player). Problem solved.

Weeks later he came to me and moaned about the same thing. Now the whole squad are unhappy, and I got sacked because I can't solve the squad harmony problem. Is this a bug? I can't do anything to solve this mess.

This is my current team:

GK: De Gea, Johnstone, Milinkovic-Savic

DEF: Rafael, Clyne, Jones, Stones, Keane, Laporte, Shaw

MID: Blind, Carrick, Lucas Silva, Tielemans, Strootman, Herrera
ATT MID: Zivkovic, Januzaj, Mata, Rooney, Di Maria, Depay, Mitchell

ST: RVP, Wilson

Now I can't play my Manchester United save anymore :'(

If you haven't maxed out your mentals at the start of the game, then you'll be screwed if you try to manage any of the top teams. Discipline, Determination, Man Management and Motivation are a must to be maxed out. That's the reason players are coming to complain to you. W/o those maxed out mentals, you can't convince players (you can't convince Rooney of anything, period).

Also, Wayne Rooney is a jackass in FM. Been the same the previous FM too. I get rid of him as soon as I am able to.

Anyone else keep getting seeded 2nd for champions league. First season won the league got placed in the 2nd seed for 2nd season that's fine. Got to the semi finals lost to the eventual winners Bayern. 3rd season been placed in the 2nd seed behind Arsenal and Chelsea who I beat in the quarters and got drawed with Bayern the holders. -.-

Rooney is such a **** in FM, took captaincy off him cause of it & gonna sell him but now he says he wants to stay but is still unhappy lol

Lucas Romero turns into... one of the best midfielders in the world for me.

Anyway... I could sign Ronaldo for £19m but he's demanding £3.4m wages, now I know why Madrid want to get rid of him. To be able to maintain my wage structure I would need to sell Pogba, Neymar, and Rodriguez, which is out of the question. I will wait for the 33 year old money grabbing ******* to get older, his stats are identical to the start of the game except his pace and acceleration have decreased.

I don't really need him, but bringing him back to United... the memories, I will eventually bring him back, but I'm not giving him big wages, my £50m flop hurt my finances quite a bit so I won't be signing anyone major in the summer just to balance it out.

Last edited:
I've only bought the game recently and I'm only getting to the January transfer window.
I'm thinking of a complete attacking overhaul. Falcao is banging the goals in as a poacher but I'm not gonna pay that kind of money in the second season. RVP is not suited to my tactic and Rooney can't go 3 games without being injured. I'm also not getting great performances out of Di Maria so I'm thinking of selling them all and bringing in some young blood in the summer.

Anyone think this is a good idea? It would free up a lot of money for building the clubs future.

Back