The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
Cristiano Ronaldo is rejoining Manchester United for £12.5m - though I am paying him £19m signing on fees and £5m agent fees, ****.

Just smashed my 2nd season winning all. Need to do a bit of a squad rebuild ahead of third season.

Currently in February 2019, my finances are beginning to spiral out of control - my wage budget combined is £20m (£17m with just senior squad)

So... I'm planning on cutting Rafael (28, 500k wages - and Kovacic retrained is better) - Juan Bernat (David Alaba is better, 500k wages too)

I've already cut £1m, Bernat is going to Tottenham for nothing and Rafael's transfer has not been arranged but I will sell him for nothing if I have to.

Bring in two young players or check my youth squad to cover those positions. I need to extend Pogba's contract, he's already on 1.1m but he wants 1.4m for an extension. With Ronaldo having only lost pace since the start of the game, Lewandowski is now 30 and on 700k a month.

Lewandowski is an absolute animal, he's scoring 2 per game and every other game 3. So he's got 30 from 20 games so far. But now I have a 34 C. Ronaldo I may sell him if my finances don't improve further - and I don't see Lewandowski being nearly as good as he currently is at 34.

Even with my super squad Michel's Arsenal scares me, they are the richest club in the world right now and Michel has built a phenomenal squad for an AI - and a Tycoon is interested, and Michel's been awesome in buying players so far.

Kyriakos Papadopoulous. Learns the CM position really quick, and is probably the best BWM I've seen from the past 2 FM.. Guy is a ****** monster. Just improve his passing a bit, and he's golden.

I went to buy him in season 2, the day I went to put a bid in he moved to Man City of all teams!

Signed a regen 5* potential that can play about 4 positions. Came to me and got 3 month injury in the first week! Still got Fellaini and he has played well there for me so I'll keep him. Pogba is so well rounded he can go there too.

Anyone faced a situation where Rooney whines about wanting a new challenge in the middle of the first season? We're top of the league and won the Capital One Cup on penalties! He's quite important to my team since I'm letting Falcao go back at the end of the season, so don't really want to sell him.

Anyone faced a situation where Rooney whines about wanting a new challenge in the middle of the first season? We're top of the league and won the Capital One Cup on penalties! He's quite important to my team since I'm letting Falcao go back at the end of the season, so don't really want to sell him.
No but had to sell him after 2nd season. Sold Powell and was unhappy so sold him 52m to Chelsea more players went un happy costing me my job :( start of 3rd season despite winning all 2yrs on the bounce. Guess will have to start new save.

No but had to sell him after 2nd season. Sold Powell and was unhappy so sold him 52m to Chelsea more players went un happy costing me my job :( start of 3rd season despite winning all 2yrs on the bounce. Guess will have to start new save.

That happened to me too when I sold Powell...makes no sense.

Kept him and kept playing him, still doing pretty well and got over it eventually. He also got annoyed when I sold Mata despite having an abundance of AMCs including Rooney himself (I play him as SS role in the AMC position).

zJordan, those wages sound absolutely ridiculous! Are you in debt?

so this year game how easy is it to buy player like pogba cos on 14 had to bid like 200m b4 juv would talk to me

so this year game how easy is it to buy player like pogba cos on 14 had to bid like 200m b4 juv would talk to me

Got him for 85M $ (45 now, and 40 in installments) with a 50% sell-on clause. Since he's Home Grown at Club for me, and the sell-on clause, he's not going anywhere else.

I sold Mata because Januzaj was more than ready first team football and Odengaard had one **** of a breathrough season in the first team

I sold him mainly due to having a few younger players in that position, plus Rooney, and his high wages.

Hello, first post.
Just completed my first season with united using the total football tactic (4-1-2-2-1) asymmetrical lay-out.

I disabled first transfer window to make it more realistic, signed balanta in January window. Beast signing. I didnt get rid of anyone despite trying my best for anderson.

Won the domestic treble. Player of the season for me was Ashley Young. was an absolute machine playing right midfield winger support role. Falcao 30 goals, rvp 25 goals. Tried to alternate them as much as possible. ADM left wind inside forward role was fantastic, as was januzaj as an attacking midfield in the number 10 position. Re-trained rooney to CM playmaker and he became good last quarter of season. Oh and Fellaini was great in a DM role.

2nd season transfer window just started.

Bought: cuadrado 33M
Re-signed Falcao on loan again for the season.

Sold: Zaha to monaco for 27M
Debating to sell: RVP, Evans, smalling, young, nani, mata. Will sell those i get good offers for.

Still very undecided on who else to buy.

Last edited:
Hello, first post.
Just completed my first season with united using the total football tactic (4-1-2-2-1) asymmetrical lay-out.

I disabled first transfer window to make it more realistic, signed balanta in January window. Beast signing. I didnt get rid of anyone despite trying my best for anderson.

Won the domestic treble. Player of the season for me was Ashley Young. was an absolute machine playing right midfield winger support role. Falcao 30 goals, rvp 25 goals. Tried to alternate them as much as possible. ADM left wind inside forward role was fantastic, as was januzaj as an attacking midfield in the number 10 position. Re-trained rooney to CM playmaker and he became good last quarter of season. Oh and Fellaini was great in a DM role.

2nd season transfer window just started.

Bought: cuadrado 33M

Sold: Zaha to monaco for 27M
Debating to sell: RVP, Evans, smalling, young, valencia, nani, mata. Will sell those i get good offers for.

Still very undecided on who else to buy.
Be careful selling Mata lots of people have done this and found out it makes lots of the players unhappy effecting morale and team performance. I had this when sold Mata on 2nd from last save and Di Maria and Rojo spat there dummies out and the morale dropped big time. Same with Nick Powell sold him 2nd season start of, Rooney was ****** handed in transfer request and was unhappy. Sold him to Chelsea then nearly the hole squad was unhappy and ended up cost me my job :(

I always try to sell Rooney... if the squad is unhappy I just tell them I will get someone better, it's not hard to replace rooney with someone better because he's ****! I got rid of Juan Mata by swapping him with James Rodriguez, the squad know Rodriguez is better, they don't even complain.

It depends on your mental stats. I have it maxed out. I sold Rooney to Chelsea in the second season, not one player complained. Heck, I removed Rooney from captaincy in the first season, and he didn't even raise a fuss.

Thanks for the advice! Will probs keep Mata then despite huge wages and alternate him and januzaj.
Update: Just bought clyne & Kurzawa as back up FBs.
Sold nani 15M

Need help~

Hi guys,

I was just started my Man Utd game about 1 week ago, but not doing really well at this moment. (6th in League)
Hence, I was looking possibility to restart the game and look for some guidelines from everyone here.

1. Any good tactics for Man Utd right off the game? I was struggling to choose the best player for each role. It would be good if you could share me yours as base =)

2. Any good signings that could improve our squad right off? Or which players do we need to buy in term of replacing our older players?

3. Do we need to sign any good backroom staff? I was having a big trouble dealing with injuries.

4. Or the injuries is due to my training regime? Need to have some input if possible for training.

Back