The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
Hi guys,

I was just started my Man Utd game about 1 week ago, but not doing really well at this moment. (6th in League)
Hence, I was looking possibility to restart the game and look for some guidelines from everyone here.

1. Any good tactics for Man Utd right off the game? I was struggling to choose the best player for each role. It would be good if you could share me yours as base =)

2. Any good signings that could improve our squad right off? Or which players do we need to buy in term of replacing our older players?

3. Do we need to sign any good backroom staff? I was having a big trouble dealing with injuries.

4. Or the injuries is due to my training regime? Need to have some input if possible for training.
Utd do have a lot of injuries at the start of the game, nothing to do with your training/coaches. But should always hire the best coaches anyway to make your players iprove better. Try using any of the X-PER tactics they are designed around Utd and are doing very well for me :) At the start I always sell Fletcher,Anderson,Young and usually buy Verratti as Utd CM is not very good then I sign Mayke from Cruzeiro he is a FB to rotate with Rafael. I usually sign another winger like Memphis Depay as Utds wingers are not that great either. I try not to sign to many 1st teamer usually 3, that way keeps the squad balance ok and helps making your tactics fluid quicker. After that I tend to sign players for my Reserves and U18s then develop them into my 1st team after a season or 2.

Utd do have a lot of injuries at the start of the game, nothing to do with your training/coaches. But should always hire the best coaches anyway to make your players iprove better. Try using any of the X-PER tactics they are designed around Utd and are doing very well for me :) At the start I always sell Fletcher,Anderson,Young and usually buy Verratti as Utd CM is not very good then I sign Mayke from Cruzeiro he is a FB to rotate with Rafael. I usually sign another winger like Memphis Depay as Utds wingers are not that great either. I try not to sign to many 1st teamer usually 3, that way keeps the squad balance ok and helps making your tactics fluid quicker. After that I tend to sign players for my Reserves and U18s then develop them into my 1st team after a season or 2.

Hi, thank you very much for your tips provided. I will certainly be a better manager in new game now =)

Just to confirm the tactic is from this thread?
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/189283-xper-advanced-warfare-pack.html

For LW position, do you play Angel Di Maria or Adnan Januzaj? Would like to put both of them on starting 11, any other position could benefit both of them?

Hi, thank you very much for your tips provided. I will certainly be a better manager in new game now =)

Just to confirm the tactic is from this thread?
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/189283-xper-advanced-warfare-pack.html

For LW position, do you play Angel Di Maria or Adnan Januzaj? Would like to put both of them on starting 11, any other position could benefit both of them?
Use any of his tactics mate. I rotate Di Maria and Januzaj or play Januzaj on the right. Merry Xmas :)

Just completed 2nd season transfer window. pretty pleased with how I dealt with it, though selling RVP to chelsea for only 12M will probs come back to haunt me, but his wages were too high and asked for an increase so had to go. I also re-signed Falcao on the same loan deal. Win win as he has just banged in 7 goals against Everton :D
View attachment 317040

I did the same with RVP. Got about 10M to chelsea where he went and didnt do particularly well. I didnt play Falcao much, and let him go back to Monaco. Just beat them 4-0 away in knockout round of CL too, so not too bothered!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sold RvP back to Arsenal for 2 million more than United paid for him. I regret it a little as he has been banging in the goals, it also upset the rest of the squad initially and the fans but I felt it was a deal that had to be done considering his age and 28 million was a good deal for a 31 year old striker who is likely to degrade rapidily.

Any suggestions for a striker to replace RVP? I'm in 2018 and hes still smashing in goals, just thinking ahead as he is old now.

I had Mitrovic but sold him on as he wasn't developing as well as I'd hoped.

Got Jovic out on loan

(Rooney, Hernandez, Henrriquez and Wilson have all been sold)

I use a lone striker, false 9 mainly.

Any suggestions for a striker to replace RVP? I'm in 2018 and hes still smashing in goals, just thinking ahead as he is old now.

Got Jovic out on loan

Luciano Veitto, i had him on old save and was top scorer 2 seasons straight. I have also had a lot of success with Jese from Madrid and Munir and Abdoukar from Porto.

Got Jovic out on loan

As stated above, Munir, Vietto and Aboubakar are good shouts. Munir, if he has developed well, could be as good as RvP - his mentals are beautiful. Jovic himself is pretty good. Also, Facundo Ferreyra to tide you over until you get a good regen. And at 2018, probably start farming for a good regen striker.

I sold RvP back to Arsenal for 2 million more than United paid for him. I regret it a little as he has been banging in the goals, it also upset the rest of the squad initially and the fans but I felt it was a deal that had to be done considering his age and 28 million was a good deal for a 31 year old striker who is likely to degrade rapidily.

Well, it depends. I got 40 Million for him as stated from Bayern, and immediately turned the offer down. And I don't regret it one bit. He is injury prone, but if you manage him well, he is a beaut. I'm in the 3rd season atm, and he's leading the goalscoring charts - again. I have Munir and Lukaku, but they're not getting in much game time since RvP is in crazy goal-scoring form.

As stated above, Munir, Vietto and Aboubakar are good shouts. Munir, if he has developed well, could be as good as RvP - his mentals are beautiful. Jovic himself is pretty good. Also, Facundo Ferreyra to tide you over until you get a good regen. And at 2018, probably start farming for a good regen striker.

Munir I might try and get but can he go striker on his own? (Think I am a favored person to him as well because I have the Spain job and I gave him his first games - and won the WC :) )

Was thinking of Lukaku who is now at Juve, has some nice attributes.

I think Ferreyra is at Liverpool and I hate to give money to rivals haha.

I'm looking at regens but none seem that great so far :(

Munir I might try and get but can he go striker on his own? (Think I am a favored person to him as well because I have the Spain job and I gave him his first games - and won the WC :) )

Munir is my 2nd choice STR rotating with Rooney and he can play up top alone to. Would post SS but cant atm.

Oh my word Wilfried Zaha.

I had started my second season, winning the league first season, and obviously Zaha had just come back from his loan, where he hadn't really performed. I didn't really see a future but just wanted to give him one last chance by loaning him out to another Premier League team, but he decided he didn't want to go on loan so he rejected the offers, which i was mad with at the time. However i'm so relieved he didn't go out on loan, as i don't know what i would have done without him.

View attachment 316240View attachment 316242

Di Maria and Januzaj (my wingers in my first season) were both injured for the majority of the season, with neither of them getting over 15 league appearances. Zaha had to come in and did phenomenally, and performed a lot better than his stats (particularly his worrying mentals) He won my fans player of the year, with the joint highest assists in the league, top scorer of the champions league group stage (7 in 5) and also forced his way into the England set up for the Euro's.

All i'm saying is despite him not having the quality to be first choice, give him a chance, i'm happy i did.

Does anyone know if Carlos Vela is worth his £34m release clause at the start of the 2nd season? I'll be playing him in his favoured inside forward role!

Lukaku is not suitable for the RvP role (AF/P). Lukaku is more of a TM/CF, so keep that in mind if you're planning to get him// Otherwise, Domenico Berardi/Mattia Destro are other nice options..

Lukaku is not suitable for the RvP role (AF/P). Lukaku is more of a TM/CF, so keep that in mind if you're planning to get him// Otherwise, Domenico Berardi/Mattia Destro are other nice options..

I ended up getting Lukaku as Chelsea bid for him and I didn't want them to have him haha. Can always move tactics around.

Signed RVP on for another 2 years, will be 36 at the end of this contact. Played community shield and he set up Malcom for 3 goals, he is class!

Back