The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 497
  • Views Views 263K
In my first season, i sold anderson young and fellaini.

Bought in Gundogan in January then made Falcao's move permanent.

Although quite expensive 30+ goals two seasons running even though I do rotate when possible.

I bought in Muelensteen, Landucci and Lucassen oh and Zanetti for staff.

Falcao wasn't worth it IMO. $70 million can get you 2 players capable of scoring 30+ goals at less than half the wages AND have enough left over to bring in some solid players to boot.

So earlier in the thread I was unsure whether to bring in Lukaku to replace RVP. I did buy him when Chelsea tried to get him.

He has been top class so far. 10 games, 12 goals and 10 assists as false 9!

Has anyone managed to lure Bale or Ronaldo from Madrid? I am thinking about trying it after my first season has finished...

Has anyone managed to lure Bale or Ronaldo from Madrid? I am thinking about trying it after my first season has finished...

Don't think there's a chance of that happening after the first season unless Madrid screwed up big-time. More possible after around 3-4 seasons for Ronaldo, I think.

I got bale in the 16/17 season hoping for Ronaldo in a season or two

Can sign Bale 2nd season I had 71m bid accepted but could not free up funds :( this was on last patch/update before the recent one.

Another thing I noticed couple of times. I add Ruben Neves to my shortlist, have let Porto list him for loan. Then as soon as he accepts an offer for loan, I make my offer and have had Porto come back with a counter offer for 525k transfer deal. Have had this happen 3 times but only in 1st season window.

Won the title in my first season by 6 pts, in January of my 2nd season winning it by 5 at the moment.

Season 1

Bought:

Eriksen, Inigo Martinez, Depay, Tielemans, Dede, Verratti, Ricardo Rodriguez.

Sold:

Young, Smalling, Anderson, Valencia, Fellaini, Fletcher

Season 2

Bought:

Strootman, Thiago, Benatia, Sterling, Balde Keita

Sold:

Rooney (poor 1st season), Hernandez, Nani, Rojo, Herrera (just found better replacements in Thiago and Benatia for these two), Cleverly, Carrick

Sterling won the World Player of the Year and European Golden Boy in his first season with us, still can't believe I picked him up. All because of his release clause of 47.5m which I think is more than decent fee to get the greatest wonderkid pairing you will find on the game, Sterling and Januzaj. They are ripping up the league at the moment with ADM and Eriksen who is keeping Mata out of the team.

Very happy with Strootman and Benatia signings as well, seemed to be the kind of players that United have been craving for ages.

How much did u get Rodriguez for?

Just finished my first season, lost the title on the last day of the season to chelsea, gutted, won the league cup and got to the semis in the fa cup. mario balotelli scored an own goal in both my games against the scousers. [video=youtube;PK3XspnLlz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK3XspnLlz0[/video] [video=youtube;q06lgEKpezI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q06lgEKpezI[/video]

Di Maria scored goal of the season with this belter from 30 yards
[video=youtube;p_kF9gsDkKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_kF9gsDkKo[/video]

Falcao wasn't worth it IMO. $70 million can get you 2 players capable of scoring 30+ goals at less than half the wages AND have enough left over to bring in some solid players to boot.

I got him for a 2nd season on loan, it's silly paying top dollar for an aging striker. Monaco wanted a lot of cash for him so I tried a cheeky loan bid and they accepted.

Why does everyone seem to sell valencia?...I retrained him to RB and he's been killing it...His average rating per season has never gone below 7.26

I read through the entire thread and decided to restart my career just to test. Usually I replace alot of players in the team but there is no need for that, all you need is a good tactic that works and the one thing the community can assist with is a good tactic.

My investments were tactical, areas that lacked players and replacing players that have lost the quality which Man Utd requires to be able to challenge the title and qualify for European football.

So, who left?
  • Darren Fletcher to West Ham for £10 million. The quality of a running machine, being able to defend in midfield has been lost since his injury.
  • Anderson to Rubin for £5 million. It never felt like Anderson had a good spell at Old Trafford. He never peaked and was mostly used as a substitute, better to sell him before he reaches an age where nobody wants him.
Who joined?
  • Aleksandar Dragovic due to the lack of population in the defensive line. For £9.5 million it was a steal since he has performed way beyond expectation. Has been outstanding.
  • Eder Alvarez Balanta due to the lack of Full Backs on the left stroll. For £6.75 million it was a bargain since he has also been outstanding. Competing with Shaw for first team placement it has been an interesting beginning.
  • Marco Verrati to bring more quality into the midfield. It feels like Verrati has never received justified time to prove himself, for £15.5 million it has been far from a steal but I am sure he will cash in the price after a year at Old Trafford.
  • Lucas Romero due to his bright future. For £7 million it was also a steal and left directly on loan to Velez where he has had a massive boost to his career, constantly justifying himself for a great future as a starter for the next season.
  • Martin Odegaard for £1.1 million, youth player with great potential.
  • Cristian Manea for £1 million, someone to challange for a future placement as a right FB.
  • Luka Jovic for £750K, in case it does not work out with Wilson and Henriquez.
So 1st season has started and it has been a great start, leading the league with 30 points, 11 points ahead of Newcastle.

Highlights of the season was to beat Liverpool 2-1, Chelsea 4-1 and City 3-1. Bagged the Tottenham game 4-1 as well. Many games left but right now morale and quality is at top notch and it feels the title is already secured.

Last but not least, I scouted all the players that you other managers have recommended and only a few were recommended by my own scouts. I scouted every player at least twice with different scouts and the ones that I feel can fit my team I have scouted 4-6 times additionally.

Youri Tielemans -Target
Patrick Roberts -Target
Simone Scuffet
Adama Traore
Jack Grealish
Marlon (Fluminense)
Niklas Sule
Will Hughes
Sergi Samper
Raheem Sterling
Samir (Flamengo)
James Ward-Prowse
John Stones
Marquinhos
Nathan Redmond
Memphis Depay
Mattia De Sciglio

Last edited:
I read through the entire thread and decided to restart my career just to test. Usually I replace alot of players in the team but there is no need for that, all you need is a good tactic that works and the one thing the community can assist with is a good tactic.

My investments were tactical, areas that lacked players and replacing players that have lost the quality which Man Utd requires to be able to challenge the title and qualify for European football.

So, who left?
  • Darren Fletcher to West Ham for £10 million. The quality of a running machine, being able to defend in midfield has been lost since his injury.
  • Anderson to Rubin for £5 million. It never felt like Anderson had a good spell at Old Trafford. He never peaked and was mostly used as a substitute, better to sell him before he reaches an age where nobody wants him.
Who joined?
  • Aleksandar Dragovic due to the lack of population in the defensive line. For £9.5 million it was a steal since he has performed way beyond expectation. Has been outstanding.
  • Eder Alvarez Balanta due to the lack of Full Backs on the left stroll. For £6.75 million it was a bargain since he has also been outstanding. Competing with Shaw for first team placement it has been an interesting beginning.
  • Marco Verrati to bring more quality into the midfield. It feels like Verrati has never received justified time to prove himself, for £15.5 million it has been far from a steal but I am sure he will cash in the price after a year at Old Trafford.
  • Lucas Romero due to his bright future. For £7 million it was also a steal and left directly on loan to Velez where he has had a massive boost to his career, constantly justifying himself for a great future as a starter for the next season.
  • Martin Odegaard for £1.1 million, youth player with great potential.
  • Cristian Manea for £1 million, someone to challange for a future placement as a right FB.
  • Luka Jovic for £750K, in case it does not work out with Wilson and Henriquez.
So 1st season has started and it has been a great start, leading the league with 30 points, 11 points ahead of Newcastle.

Highlights of the season was to beat Liverpool 2-1, Chelsea 4-1 and City 3-1. Bagged the Tottenham game 4-1 as well. Many games left but right now morale and quality is at top notch and it feels the title is already secured.

Last but not least, I scouted all the players that you other managers have recommended and only a few were recommended by my own scouts. I scouted every player at least twice with different scouts and the ones that I feel can fit my team I have scouted 4-6 times additionally.

Youri Tielemans -Target
Patrick Roberts -Target
Simone Scuffet
Adama Traore
Jack Grealish
Marlon (Fluminense)
Niklas Sule
Will Hughes
Sergi Samper
Raheem Sterling
Samir (Flamengo)
James Ward-Prowse
John Stones
Marquinhos
Nathan Redmond
Memphis Depay
Mattia De Sciglio

As United, you generally don't need to replace all players. Young and Anderson generally go for me. Depay is a nice addition (depending on the save, PSV want anywhere between 30-60 M $). Calum Chambers is a good one to try for to compete with Rafael in the 2nd year. I tend to sell Rooney in the second year and get Pogba (thus retaining HGC quota). Sule actually turns out to be pretty good, Romero as a B2B is a beast.

Ive tried around man utd. And the succesful secret that I've found is changing the captaincy to RVP from rooney. He will confront you but for the sake of the team why not? The morale of the team will stay variably high all season and Rooney will play well also.

Ive tried around man utd. And the succesful secret that I've found is changing the captaincy to RVP from rooney. He will confront you but for the sake of the team why not? The morale of the team will stay variably high all season and Rooney will play well also.

That's always the first thing I do. If you have high mentals, then even if Rooney confronts you regarding it, you don't need to worry, he comes around to your way of thinking..

As United, you generally don't need to replace all players. Young and Anderson generally go for me. Depay is a nice addition (depending on the save, PSV want anywhere between 30-60 M $). Calum Chambers is a good one to try for to compete with Rafael in the 2nd year. I tend to sell Rooney in the second year and get Pogba (thus retaining HGC quota). Sule actually turns out to be pretty good, Romero as a B2B is a beast.

Young has been absolutly excellent, no way I am letting him go ;)
Anderson and Fletcher is a must cause they lost the quality for United to succeed.
Depay is excellent as well as Pogba but very expensive.
Scouting Calum now, thanks a bunch for your feedback!

Young has been absolutly excellent, no way I am letting him go ;)
Anderson and Fletcher is a must cause they lost the quality for United to succeed.
Depay is excellent as well as Pogba but very expensive.
Scouting Calum now, thanks a bunch for your feedback!
I always think that Young doesn't look like a bad player, but considering he's on £120,000 p/w nearing 30 and you can get over £10 million for him, i think he has to go.

Young does well in the first season on my saves but gets more inconsistent in the 2nd, I normally try to sell him at the end of the 1st Season as there are better L Mid to be found asking for less wages.

Back