The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

I've always tried to get rid of the dead weight as soon as possible. I just hate players like Chris Smalling, etc.

I'm at a point where James Rodriguez is an average player for me and so he went. Rafael had to be replaced... because he's so injury prone for me and isn't good enough. I retrained Mateo Kovacic that I got for a total of £46m in the second season. (Addons... included) and he's been superb. Even Luke Shaw was no longer good enough and so I spent another £46m upfront to bring David Alaba to United. (That deal was quite complicated - lots of negotiations at once to get Lewandowski + Alaba. Eventually I got the pair for like £120m in total. I believe it was £70m upfront and the rest was addons depending on performances.)

Roll forward to 2020.. Lewandowski's past two seasons were immense, 89 goals all together last season, but this season he has diped massively. Only achieving a goal per game :D (last season he played roughly 60 games but got 89 in total). He couldn't have scored nearly 25 percent of them without the assists from Neymar and Munir. (Neymar had 30 - 40 assists. Same with Munir). Financial issues have also been solved by having no transfer expenditure. I also looked to my youth squad to replace the outgoing Juan Bernat and Rafael. (Combined were on £1m wages). Messi cost me nothing in exchange for James Rodriguez at 32. But he's still one of the best players in the world so why not? his wage demands were lower than Rodriguez's got a contract extension so no issue.

Has anyone tried out Bakkali, I can get him on a free transfer and he looks very decent?

Well, finally got around to starting a game with United and here is the story so far

Outs: Young, Fletcher, Lindegaard, Anderson, Amos

Loan Outs: Thorpe, Borthwick-Jackson, Blackett, Janko, Vermijl, Willock, Lingard

Ins: Munir, Lucas Romero, Tielemans, Balanta, Horn, Bakkali, Munoz, Mats Daehli

Playing a fluid attacking 4-1-2-3 with inside forwards. Looking for recommendations for a 2nd tactic if you have any.

Have retrained Valencia as RB back up/rotation for Rafael and he has acquitted himself well to the role. Using Rojo on the left as back up/rotation for Shaw and he has also done a job when required.

Mata (on the left) and Januzaj (on the right) have been on fire so far as inside forwards. Mata has played 9, scored 6 and assisted 8. Januzaj has played 7, assisted 4 and has a rating so far of 7.49.

Van Persie has been a machine as a F9 playing 5 (took him a while to be MF after his holiday), scoring 8 and having a rating of 8.22

Rooney has also been good as a F9 when called upon. Played 8, scored 5 and has a rating of 7.11

Munir is also doing well when called upon on the right or up top.

De Gea and Horn have been solid between the sticks when they have been called upon.

You may be surprised but Fellaini as my BWM has hardly put a foot wrong either.

I have had to give Pereira game time due to injuries and I have been surprised at how decently he has done, especially against Spurs.

Early days and I am trying to come up with an alternate tactic but the signs are encouraging. Of course, I am playing City next so things could change.

How come EVERY GUY with united (or with anyone else) signs Romero and Balanta. Seriously this is almost cheating by now...

How come EVERY GUY with united (or with anyone else) signs Romero and Balanta. Seriously this is almost cheating by now...

Why is it cheating? It is a way of scouting just that you have your own scouts here

*shrugs* they're good. they're cheap. it's a no-brainer..

Was it cheating for Ferguson to sign Ronaldo for £12m, make him one of the best players in the world and sell him for a massive profit too?

So, you're the manager of a top club, and have the ability to sign players who show the potential to become world class players, and you don't sign them because other clubs are interested? Don't know if I'd want you managing my club.

All my new signings are doing great (cuadrado, ward-prowse, kurzawa, clyne, kishna, falcao). Though I do massivly regret letting RvP go. He is banging in the goals for chelsea and has pushed costa to the bench. Shame he demanded an increase on wages for contract renewal for me.
Playing with 1 poacher only. Falcao is 17 goals in 12 games. Hernandez 7 goals. And in December. 2nd and 2 points behind Arsenal. City are 15th hahahaha

f130fdbc0b3adb5eab9f0fb60baad59d.png

Well that's never happened before, most national team offers I've had the most before was 2 (Italy and Netherlands, I accepted Italy and won the World cup with them... on this save too :D - they want me back!)

Think I will go with Spain or France, Netherlands have no new talent and are a spent force, Spain and France... perhaps while I don't want to manage Italy again.

Just finished my 1st season using Bebetoo new unstoppable tactic and it truly was. Won all comps dominated the league with 2 new signings and selling a lot of players Januzaj,Mata,DiMaria,Falcao,Fellaini,Koke,Laporte,Jones,Shaw,Rafa were out of this world! Never had such a good 1st season on FM15. Just sold few more players start of 2nd season and bought Pogba for 67m don't need anyone else :)

f130fdbc0b3adb5eab9f0fb60baad59d.png

Well that's never happened before, most national team offers I've had the most before was 2 (Italy and Netherlands, I accepted Italy and won the World cup with them... on this save too :D - they want me back!)

Think I will go with Spain or France, Netherlands have no new talent and are a spent force, Spain and France... perhaps while I don't want to manage Italy again.

Popular Manager ;)

Just finished my 1st season using Bebetoo new unstoppable tactic and it truly was. Won all comps dominated the league with 2 new signings and selling a lot of players Januzaj,Mata,DiMaria,Falcao,Fellaini,Koke,Laporte,Jones,Shaw,Rafa were out of this world! Never had such a good 1st season on FM15. Just sold few more players start of 2nd season and bought Pogba for 67m don't need anyone else :)

WoW, you sold alot of players I kept or are those the players that were "out of this world"?

WoW, you sold alot of players I kept or are those the players that were "out of this world"?
No mate lol. They were out of this world;) just started my 4th season most have gone now though, as I have just done a rebuild.

As Theatre of Dreams stated this has been my best first season since I started playing FM years ago.

Won the Premier League way ahead of any other team.
View attachment 307493

The best game was against City in the FA Cup Final.
View attachment 307492

Transfers in 2014/2015
Dragovic
Balanta
Verratti
Romero
Odegaard
Manea

Transfers out 2014/2015
Fletcher
Anderson
Fellaini

So far transfers in 2015/2016
Roberts
Sule
Jovic

Planned transfers out 2015/2016 (feedback is welcome)
Carrick
Falcao (loan release)
Valencia (Januzay is a natural in this position)
Young
Nani
Hernandez
Cleverly
Zaha
Henriquez
Powell

So it seems I need a new striker cause Hernandez is no good and Henriquez people have had great success with but he does not look so good and Falcao is far to expensive. Wilson I wish to keep but he wont be able to hande it alone after Persie is done, perhaps Carlos Fernandez or Carlos Fierro? I also need to get a winger in if I release both Young and Valencia, so either Depay or Sterling?

As Theatre of Dreams stated this has been my best first season since I started playing FM years ago.

Won the Premier League way ahead of any other team.
View attachment 756554

The best game was against City in the FA Cup Final.
View attachment 756557

Transfers in 2014/2015
Dragovic
Balanta
Verratti
Romero
Odegaard
Manea

Transfers out 2014/2015
Fletcher
Anderson
Fellaini

So far transfers in 2015/2016
Roberts
Sule
Jovic

Planned transfers out 2015/2016 (feedback is welcome)
Carrick
Falcao (loan release)
Valencia (Januzay is a natural in this position)
Young
Nani
Hernandez
Cleverly
Zaha
Henriquez
Powell

So it seems I need a new striker cause Hernandez is no good and Henriquez people have had great success with but he does not look so good and Falcao is far to expensive. Wilson I wish to keep but he wont be able to hande it alone after Persie is done, perhaps Carlos Fernandez or Carlos Fierro? I also need to get a winger in if I release both Young and Valencia, so either Depay or Sterling?
if your after a winger deulofu is also quality. But sterling playing well for me if ya don't mind splashing the cash.