October

Premier League

Braga 0-1 Porto
Latuheru

Porto 6-1 Nacional da Madeira
Solomun(3), Latuheru(3)

Another unbeaten league month as we power through anybody who stands in the way. Latuheru proving again he's too good for this league.

Champions League

Porto 5-0 Olympiakos
Dembele(2), Florenzi, Rodriguez, (OG)

Anderlecht 0-3 Porto
Rodriguez(2), Samuel

A much better set of results after the disappointment of Turin, another win could possible see us through to the next round.

View attachment 313055View attachment 313056

World Cup Qualifiers

Ukraine 1-2 Portugal
Oliveira, Rosa

Iceland 2-4 Portugal
Vitorino, Soares, Fonte, Viola

After securing the points we needed against Ukraine we used the Iceland game to experiment with tactics & player roles ahead of the upcoming World Cup in Russia.

View attachment 313058

November

Premier League

Academica 3-4 Porto
Rodriguez, Demir, Pato(2)

Porto 1-0 Benfica
Acosta

2 more wins makes it 10 out of 10 so far this season. We were 3-0 down at half-time against Academica, so I told the team what I thought and it must of given them the kick up the backside they needed.

Champions League

Porto 1-1 Anderlecht
Florenzi

Porto 3-2 Juventus
Latuheru(2), Solomun

A disappointing draw at home against Anderlecht was followed up with a great win over Juventus which sees us qualify for the knock-out stages quite comfortably with 1 game left to play.

Taca de Portugal
3rd Round

Anadia 0-6 Porto
Sakho, Rodriguez(2), Florenzi(2), Latuheru

4th Round

Porto 6-0 Farense
Florenzi, Latuheru, Solomun, Muriqui, Pato, Samuel

Progression in this competition is becoming a bit repetitive now, we are currently 37 games unbeaten in it now.

Friendlies

Portugal 1-3 Brazil
Fonte

Portugal 1-6 Argentina
Pizzi

These results just shows how much work we've still got to do if we are going to be ready for the World Cup next year. There are a few regens coming through but at 16 are they going to be ready?

December

Other News

There were 3 cup draws made this month with the 1st being the Champions League knock-out draw, We've been drawn against Paris St Germain with the 1st being played at home. The 2nd draw I'll explain at the end of the post as it was for the World Cup. And finally the League Cup 3rd round group stage, we've been drawn along side, Vit. Guimaraes, Varzim & Rio Ave. It should be straight forward.

Premier League

Porto 3-0 Sporting
Florenzi, Acosta, Latuheru

Gil Vicente 1-2 Porto
Dembele, Latuheru

We've kept hold of our winning streak in this seasons league campaign, first of all demolishing Sporting at home and then coming back from behind to beat Vicente after a late Latuheru goal. Florenzi picked up a serious looking injury against Sporting and could be out for a while.

Champions League

Olympiakos 0-2 Porto
Otamendi, Latuheru

A great way to end the group stage of the champions league, finishing 2nd with 13 points. It should give us confidence going into the games against PSG in the next round.

View attachment 313208

Taca de Portugal
5th Round

Porto 6-0 Leiria
Florenzi(2), Rodriguez, Latuheru(2), Danilo

Safely into the 6th round after scoring 6 for the 3rd time in this seasons tournament.

League Cup
3rd Phase

Porto 3-1 Vit. Guimaraes
Rodriguez, Sakho, Dembele

A good start to the group, rotating the team to let some of the bench warmers start.

News

As mention at the start of the post, the World Cup groups have been drawn, we've been seeded 1st and our group looks like this: Holland, Saudi Arabia & Uruguay. It could be quite tricky with Holland & Uruguay as I feel our team isn't strong enough yet.

View attachment 313205

Team Summary 2017

View attachment 313206

Any Thoughts?

January

Transfer News

Nothing really to mention here as only 1 came in and 1 went out. Marica joined from Flamengo for £2m, he will add some competition to the poacher role. Renan Ribeiro was offloaded to Stade Rennais for a tidy sum of £5.25m, since Handanovic's arrival he has failed to break back into the side.

Premier League

Porto 4-0 Boavista
Dembele, Latuheru, Solomun, (OG)

Vit. Setubal 1-4 Porto
Rodriguez, Latuheru(2), Solomun

Porto 2-1 Olhanense
Sakho, Latuheru

Varzim 1-3 Porto
Rodriguez, Demir, Acosta

Feirense 0-3 Porto
Dembele, Muriqui, Acosta

This team is looking unbeatable at the moment, 16 goals and only 3 conceded in 5 games. After winning every game so far in the league we have pulled out a 9 point gap at the top.

League Cup
3rd Phase

Varzim 1-4 Porto
Marica(2), Acosta, Sakho

Rio Ave 0-2 Porto
Markovic, Muriqui

2 straight forward wins pits us against Maritimo in the semi final.

Taca de Portugal
6th Round

Rio Ave 1-2 Porto
Solomun, Dembele

Semi Final

Benfica 1-1 Porto
Rodriguez

Would have preferred a win against Benfica of course but at least we have given ourselves a chance in the 2nd leg.

View attachment 313398

Last edited:
February

Premier League

Leixoes 0-4 Porto
Latuheru(2), Fagner, Florenzi

Porto 4-1 Vit. Guimaraes
Demir, Dembele, Latuheru(2)

Porto 2-0 Rio Ave
Demir, Solomun

Maritimo 1-3 Porto
Florenzi, Rodriguez(2)

We were favourites to win the title at the start of the season but I wasn't expecting it to go like this. 21 games won out of 21. At this rate we should win the title with games to spare rather than it go down to the last game like it has in previous seasons.

Champions League

Porto 2-2 PSG
Acosta, Danilo

Not too happy that we concede 2 away goals as they are going to be tough opponents away, but at least we're still in with a chance.

March

Premier League

Porto 4-0 Braga
Latuheru(2), Demir, Solomun

Nacional da Madeira 0-2 Porto
Rodriguez, (OG)

Porto 3-0 Academica
Dembele, Latuheru, Sakho

More wins, goals & clean sheets, and the most important part.... The title, In all my seasons playing Fm I've never played a season like this 1 before, to remain unbeaten in the league is something but winning every game is unbelievable.

View attachment 313406View attachment 313407View attachment 313408

Champions League

PSG 2-3 Porto
Acosta, Rafa, Latuheru

It could have been much different had Lamela scored his spot kick in the 8th minute for the home side. Nevertheless it was a great performance from the boys and we go into the next round where we will face Man City.

Friendly

Portugal 4-2 Faroe Islands
Oliveira(2), Rosa(2)

Used just as a warm up match for the the world cup, and to fill in some places that are left in the squad.

Any thoughts so far on my record breaking season?

April

Premier League

Porto 2-0 Varzim
Solomun, Florenzi

Benfica 0-0 Porto

Sporting 2-0 Porto

Porto 5-1 Gil Vicente
Rodriguez(2), Marica(2), Sousa

After already winning the title last month I rested key players in all these games as I had big European games in between all of these. I was a little gutted with the defeat against Sporting as it was our first since the Champions league game against Juventus way back in September.

View attachment 313564

Champions League
Quarter Final

Man City 0-3 Porto
Latuheru(2), Demir

Porto 2-0 Man City
(OG), Pato

We made the most of the chances we got whilst holding tight in defense. It's revenge for the previous times they knocked us out.

Semi Final

Porto 3-4 Tottenham
Demir, Pato(2)

If only we could have played for another 10 minutes or so because we were all over them when the final whistle blew. 4-4 would have given us a massive chance going into the return leg.

League Cup
Final

Benfica 1-1 Porto (8-7) Pens
Sousa

I was forced to field a weaker team due to the few knocks we picked up after the Man City 2nd leg and we had a bigger game against them just a few days later.

View attachment 313567

Taca de Portugal
Semi Final

Porto 3-1 Benfica
Marica, Acosta, Rodriguez

Sent out our strongest team which probably resulted in the defeat against Sporting in the league but as we had already won that. I thought we'd make sure we were going to the final.

May

Premier League

Boavista 1-0 Porto

Porto 2-2 Vit. Setubal
Sakho(2)

My players were really suffering with their fitness come the end of the season and it showed in these
games. Earlier on in the season we would have hammered them both.

Taca de Portugal
Final

Leixoes 0-3 Porto
Rodriguez, Dembele, Demir

This was never really in doubt and we have now made it 6 seasons out of 6.

View attachment 313574

Champions League
Semi Final

Tottenham 1-0 Porto (5-3) Agg

I guess we just ran out of steam in the end.

World Cup Squad

View attachment 313589
View attachment 313590

End of Season & World Cup will be up tomorrow

End Of Season 2017/2018

Competition Winners

Premier League - Porto
Taca de Portugal -
Porto
League Cup -
Benfica
Supertaca -
Porto
Champions League -
Barcelona
Europa League -
Leverkusen
European Super Cup -
Man City

Award Winners

Player Of The Year - James Rodriguez (Porto)
Most Assists -
Damiano Grassi (Braga)
Top Goalscorer -
Brian Latuheru (Porto)
Young Player Of The Year -
Arda Demir (Porto)
Manager Of The Year -
Bruno Moura (Feirense)
Personality Of The Year -
Marcos Rojo (Sporting)

Team Summary

View attachment 313750

World Cup Warm Ups

Portugal 2-1 Chile
Rolando, Miguel Rosa

Israel 2-3 Portugal
Oliveira, Souza, Veloso

Portugal 2-2 Peru
Alex, Veloso

World Cup
Group Stage

Holland 0-1 Portugal
Oliveira

Uruguay 2-5 Portugal
Pizzi, Alex, Miguel Rosa, Serodio, Fonseca

Saudi Arabia 2-2 Portugal
Pizzi, Maicon

Great wins against Holland & Uruguay booked our place into the 2nd round before we took to the field against Saudi Arabia. I was surprised we scored so many against Uruguay as they hammered Saudi 8-1 in the opening match in the group.

View attachment 313752

2nd Round

Scotland 1-1 Portugal (5-4) Pens
Fonseca

We should never have lost this, I'm sure the referee was an undercover Jock because we had 2 goals disallowed in the first half. We had the better of the draw as well as we would have missed the big nations until the final. I didn't notice until the 2nd round that Germany & France didn't even qualify for the World Cup.

View attachment 313761

Quarter Final

View attachment 313764

Semi Final

View attachment 313766

Final

View attachment 313767

So.. there is the World Cup 2018. Belgium surprise winners?

Pre-Season

View attachment 313847
View attachment 313848View attachment 313849View attachment 313850

As you can see I accepted the offer from Bayern Munich replacing Spanish legendary manager Pep Guardiola who joined up with the Spanish national team. The reason I decided to leave Porto was quite simple really, the board, before they took over they had told me I would be getting a decent transfer kitty to challenge in Europe and that didn't happen. I was at risk of losing key players as I was told to sell before I buy basically even though every time I sold someone, none of the transfer money came to me, instead for some reason it just added to the debt so we were losing £30-£40 million a season. Another reason was, I felt I had taken Porto as far as I could under the current board, I had won 2 Supertaca's, 3 League cups, 6 Taca de Portugal's & 2 Premier league titles something I hope to emulate at Bayern.

Bayern Munich didn't have the best of seasons last year as they crashed out of the German Cup in the 2nd round, Lost to Barcelona in the quarter Finals of the Champions League and only finished 4th in the Bundesliga which means I will start off in the Champions League Playoffs. They did however manage to win the German Super cup after beating Schalke. The squad has changed a lot over the years with only Manuel Neur, Jerome Boateng, Phillip Lahm, Javi Martinez and Mario Gomez still playing for the team. Some major changes are in need if I am to replicate the success I had with Porto.

The Squad

View attachment 313851View attachment 313852View attachment 313853

Friendlies

SC Bregenz 0-2 Bayern Munich
Valencia, Gomez

Kiel 0-3 Bayern Munich
Martinez, Valencia(2)

Manisaspor 0-4 Bayern Munich
Schiller, Mayuka, Ludwigs, Martinez

Ajax 1-1 Bayern Munich
Mkhitaryan

Levadeiakos 1-3 Bayern Munich
Kovacic, Escherich, Chessa

Chievo 2-1 Bayern Munich
Gomez

Bayern Munich 0-6 AC Milan

I left my assistant to take charge of the friendlies as I was too busy changing the backroom staff, bringing a few of my old colleagues from Porto as when I left for Germany, 20 staff followed me out of the door.

Transfers

Despite only offering me £9 million in terms of transfer money when they offered me the job, I was given a hefty £38.44 million budget after I accepted, so I spent it paying off Guardiola's backroom staff and bringing my own in and also a couple of signings.

View attachment 313854

All the transfers made before August were to do with Guardiola. I have high hopes for Borrego & Fonseca who could both take the league by storm in a season or two. David Silva was a last minute decision really as I really wanted him last season with Porto but he wanted £190k a week which I couldnt afford, this time though he only wanted £25k a week which I couldn't believe. He might be getting on a bit now but his experience will surely spur the younger players on.

View attachment 313855View attachment 313856View attachment 313857

Any thoughts? Leave a comment

August

Bundesliga

Bayern Munich 3-1 Wolfsburg
Willian(2), Chessa

We didn't get off to the best of starts as we fell behind in the first half. 3 goals in the second half ensured we started the league campaign with a win.

Champions League
Playoff

Napoli 1-2 Bayern Munich
Kovacic, Chessa

Bayern Munich 1-0 Napoli
Chessa

Again we found ourselves behind at half time in the first leg but after a rant in the dressing room the players came out and showed much more promise. The second leg was a much more scrappy game with both sides creating plenty of chances but failing to convert them.

The draw for the Group stage is as follows

View attachment 313952View attachment 313953View attachment 313954View attachment 313955

Should be pretty straight forward.

I've also decided to resign from Portugal due to me moving to Bayern.

Any thoughts? Leave a Comment

September

Bundesliga

Bayern Munich 2-1 Schalke
Gomez, Mayuka

Stuttgart 2-0 Bayern Munich

Hannover 0-1 Bayern Munich
Stoch

Bayern Munich 2-0 Werder Bremen
Gomez, Mkhitaryan

This month I've noticed that we are struggling to score and I think a new striker is going to be at the top my list in January. Also maybe a new deep lying play maker.

View attachment 313961

Champions League

Fenerbahce 3-1 Bayern Munich
Martinez

Not the result I would have expected at the start of the game, but they controlled us throughout.

German Cup
1st Round

Hassel 0-7 Bayern Munich
Fernando, Chessa(2), Willian(2), Yesil(2)

A good solid win in the cup in which we will be taking seriously. Been drawn at home to Dortmund in the 2nd Round.

October

Bundesliga

Kaiserslautern 3-3 Bayern Munich
Willian, Fonseca(2)

Bayern Munich 3-1 Mainz
Gomez, Fonseca, Borrego

Nurnberg 2-2 Bayern Munich
Gomez(2)

Leverkusen 1-2 Bayern Munich
Chessa, Gomez

We threw away stupid points this month with draws against Kaiserslautern & Nurnberg, where we were 3-0 and 2-0 up respectively. After the Kaiserslautern game I decided to change the tactics around a bit and drop my CAM to a CDM to try and sure up the defense a bit which apart from the silly goals conceded at Nuenberg, seems to of worked a bit.

Champions League

Bayern Munich 3-0 Dinamo
Yesil(2), Chessa

Bate 0-1 Bayern Munich
Boateng

A great way to bounce back from the disappointment of losing in Turkey on the opening day. With all the other results going our way its looking good at the moment in the group.

View attachment 314008

Any thoughts? Leave a Comment

November

Bundesliga

Bayern Munich 3-0 Bochum
Yesil, Bellusci, Stoch

Koln 0-1 Bayern Munich
Pogba

Bayern Munich 1-0 Dortmund
Gomez

Frankfurt 0-1 Bayern Munich
Gomez

A great month for us with 4 wins out of 4, and more importantly 4 clean sheets. We're still lacking a bit of fire power up top as we scraped by with three 1-0 wins.

View attachment 314036

Champions League

Bayern Munich 2-1 Bate
(OG), Yesil

Bayern Munich 0-0 Fenerbahce

View attachment 314041

So we've qualified for the Knockout stage after the win over Bate and we could even have topped the group had we beat Fenerbahce at home. Nevertheless all we need to do now is beat Dinamo to gain a more favorable draw hopefully.

German Cup
2nd Round

Bayern Munich 0-1 Dortmund

We played shockingly. The players looked more like they were playing for an amateur side rather than a top European team. Oh well there's always next year I suppose.

Just read all 10 pages in one go, quite a fascinating read! Well done on your success at Porto, although you couldn't do what you wanted in Europe, I'd still say that you were successful there! And good luck with Bayern too, I'll be following.

Quality story. Keep it up, be interesting to see how you do at Bayern over a long period, i have faith.

Just read all 10 pages in one go, quite a fascinating read! Well done on your success at Porto, although you couldn't do what you wanted in Europe, I'd still say that you were successful there! And good luck with Bayern too, I'll be following.

Cheers mate... I would have liked to have won the league a few more times and a trophy of some sort in Europe before moving on but never mind... Bayern have a lot of potential as long as I can replace the remaining older players with some top quality youngsters.