• Southampton

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • West Ham

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Athletic Bilbao

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been following this thread and its really good! you've got such a young side which will only be good for the future! How do you find your regens? and as im a Fulham fan, could you do a ss of their squad cos im interested whove they got! upload this save at the end of the season or something? cheeres :)

Been following this thread and its really good! you've got such a young side which will only be good for the future! How do you find your regens? and as im a Fulham fan, could you do a ss of their squad cos im interested whove they got! upload this save at the end of the season or something? cheeres :)
Thanks mate, all I do is send my scouts to countries asking them only to look for players under 21. I can upload the save if people want but honestly I haven't done anything that can't be done, Bertoli is the only incredible regen I've found. here's a screenie of Fulham. Update in 30 mins too

View attachment 271522

February

Southampton-v-Burnley-001.jpg

Perfect month from the lads
Beat Benfica with 10 men
Crazy game against Villa
Cavani seems to be in beast mode these past few months!
Ibra out for 2 months to pretty much end his Saints career

League

Southampton 2 - 0 Swansea

Cavani(2)

Southampton 4 - 0 West Ham

Zouma, Fierro(2), Bertoli

Aston Villa 3 - 5 Southampton

Khedira(3), Ocampos, Cavani

View attachment 271523

Southampton 2 - 0 Newcastle

Cavani(2)

FA Cup

5th Round

Stoke 2 - 4 Southampton

Fierro(2), Cavani(2)

View attachment 271524

Champions League

1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

Benfica 2 - 3 Southampton

Cavani, Lallana, Maclennan

View attachment 271526

Monthly Review

Fantastic month. Great results all round, Cavani is unstoppable I've never actually signed him before so I had to play around to find his best role but he is incredible. Ibra got injured for two months with a broken toe *facepalm*, and he only signed a 1 year contract and unless he drops his wage demands I wont be offering him another contract. I nearly cried against Villa when we threw away a 3 goal lead, thats not something title contenders can afford just look at United against Everton last year ;). Benfica game was a superb effort from the 10 men, David Maclennan, who's been superb this season, grabbing the winner.

Player of the Month

David Maclennan

View attachment 271528

Great play this month, so reliable and versatile.

Table

View attachment 271529

United didn't drop any points this month, I never expected us to challenge again this year but we have!!

You use a lot of young players which is awesome!
Yep, besides Cavani and Ibra they're all under 27. Lallana is 26 but he's a club legend and captain so can't get rid of him :)

Good story mate, making good progress.

I myself have a River Plate save on the go which, because of their recent struggles, you can imagine I'm trying my best to get buy spending as little as possible and developing younger talents at the Club.

This brings me to Lucas Ocampos, who I see you signed and is looking good. Problem is, in my save anyway, he has a casual approach to training which is hindering his progress. He plays every game possible and I've spoken to him several times about it which gives a positive response, but still nothing has improved - even threatened him with the transfer list!

Have you had any similar problems with him and, if so, any solutions?

Good story mate, making good progress.

I myself have a River Plate save on the go which, because of their recent struggles, you can imagine I'm trying my best to get buy spending as little as possible and developing younger talents at the Club.

This brings me to Lucas Ocampos, who I see you signed and is looking good. Problem is, in my save anyway, he has a casual approach to training which is hindering his progress. He plays every game possible and I've spoken to him several times about it which gives a positive response, but still nothing has improved - even threatened him with the transfer list!

Have you had any similar problems with him and, if so, any solutions?
Yep I had the same problem, him moaning about too much training ect.

I just ignored him, he got a bit grumpy with me but after I'd finished training him as a Right Winger(he's now a natural there) I took that off and he seems to be fine. He has a good stats all round really so when I put him on individual training its only on Average intensity.

He's a fairly consistent performer for me now, a bit patchy when I first got him. But in answer to your question he did whine about training, I just ignored him at first until I got him to where I wanted him then lowered it

March

images

Race for the title takes so many twists this month
Good youth intake with 1 potential star
Benfica brushed aside in Champions League, get United in Quarter Final
Big matches against United, Chelsea and Spurs in the league

New Youth Star

Will Hales

View attachment 271822

Wow, really good stats for a 16 year old. Just annoying as I sign Sami Khedira and I'm getting on well developing Jack Beckham I go and get another decent BWM CM!! Might re-train him as a CB, LB or RB. Not too sure to be honest :/

League

Tottenham 0 - 1 Southampton

Cavani

View attachment 271823

Everton 1 - 1 Southampton

Labrin OG

Chelsea 1 - 1 Southampton

Ocampos

View attachment 271825
(******* die Lukaku you Drogba wanna ****)

Southampton 2 - 1 Manchester United

Cavani(2)

View attachment 271826

FA Cup

Quarter Final

Southampton 4 - 2 Newcastle

Cavani(2), Bertoli, Ocampos

Champions League

1st Knockout Round

Southampton 5 - 2 Benfica
Soton win 8-4 on agg

Cavani(2), Silva OG, Fierro, Lallana

View attachment 271827

Monthly Review

****** mad month!! We actually sat top of the league after the Spurs match as United drew to Chelsea but then we slipped up to Everton!!!! Then we came so close to beating Chelsea but Lukaku the roided up mother ****** scored a great goal. Then we went and beat United thanks to the one-man goal machine Cavani!!! Best £27m I ever spent ;).

In the Champions League Benfica were easily brushed aside and we drew United in the next round!! If we do manage to get past them we have either Bayern or Barca in the Semi's haha!!

Newcastle were swept aside and we have Bolton in the semi's of the FA Cup.

Player of the Month

Lucas Ocampos

Lucas-Ocampos-1.jpg

Could easily go to Cavani but this lads been among the assists so much this month, come on leaps and bounds since I first signed him for a measly £1.1m

Table

View attachment 271828

It could not be any tighter lads!!!! So crazy, just wanna say this is my favourite FM Save ever and I love sharing it with all of you readers. Thanks for reading and following everyone and hopefully I can win Southampton's first ever top English division title!!

Brilliantly set up for the last few games at home and in Europe

Holy **** balls mate, that's what you call tight haha! KIU mate you can do it!